Nobody has Kamal Khan standard

vashg thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

None of the contestants thus far has the standard of last season's winner KAMAL KHAN. Wish to hear him sing all over againπŸ‘

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JasToronto thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I do agree that Kamal khan is a good singer but I don't agree with this statement that we don't have anybody of his standard or calibre this season. Shahnaaz,  Moh. Aman, Jazim are some top names this time. 
music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
When a singer sings on a show, at least one song should be memorable from that singer, for me.

Even today when a certain singers name comes to my mind, i instantly recall some song of theirs which made them memorable for me.

Unfortunately, for me, i cannot recall a single song by kamal khan.he is a good singer, who never left any impact, like zain on this show. he sang so many beautiful songs, none of which i can recollect
vashg thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Well let me refresh your memory a bit. Kamal performed some really memorable selections on SRGMP 2010.

1. Sonhi Lagdi
2. Aas Paas Khuda
3.Ankhiya Udeek Diya
4. Lai Vi Na Gayi
5. Tu Mane Ya Na Mane
and thats just to name a few...My hands might get tired if i continue to type more.
And post SRGMP he won 4 awards (Zee Cine Awards-Fresh Singing Talent, Mirchi Awards -Male vocalist of the year and Upcoming male vocalist of the year, Perople's choice award india for Ishq Sufiyana) for his 2nd song as a playback singer. If thats not an impact then I dont know what is...
Also the 2 songs he did as a playback singer were for huge stars like Akshay Kumar and Emran Hashmi. Not all newcomers are given that opportunity.
Anyway Kamal Khan is a force to be reckoned with so so I'll just end this post by saying that he will one day be on the ranks of top Bollywood Singers.
music-a-muse thumbnail
Am glad he is doing so well.πŸ‘

Just that it did not leave an impact on me.sorry. For me either the voice has to be unusual or the singing has to be something different or it just has to strike a chord.

Even today, if i think of  Abhilasha , her Tu chanda still brings goosebumps even as i am typing this. Just an example.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: music-a-muse

When a singer sings on a show, at least one song should be memorable from that singer, for me.

Even today when a certain singers name comes to my mind, i instantly recall some song of theirs which made them memorable for me.

Unfortunately, for me, i cannot recall a single song by kamal khan.he is a good singer, who never left any impact, like zain on this show. he sang so many beautiful songs, none of which i can recollect

As much as I loved KK last season, you are right: He didn't leave the stage with much impact. I remember him being an excellent singer, but I just don't remember a particular song. Actually, the only song I remember is his "Tu na jaane aas pass hai kudha" because they made him sing it all the time πŸ˜† I'm glad though he got a song in The Dirty Picture. It's a really great song, but I can't remember the name right now πŸ˜†
s_pk thumbnail

Originally posted by: music-a-muse

Am glad he is doing so well.πŸ‘

Just that it did not leave an impact on me.sorry. For me either the voice has to be unusual or the singing has to be something different or it just has to strike a chord.

Even today, if i think of  Abhilasha , her Tu chanda still brings goosebumps even as i am typing this. Just an example.

does sniti remind you of any song?
music-a-muse thumbnail

Originally posted by: s_pk

does sniti remind you of any song?

Yes ! esp her Jhoote  naina bole !

Just to clarify, Abhilasha' Tu chanda  is from her auditions in SVOIπŸ˜ƒ
Edited by music-a-muse - 11 years ago
kiti_g thumbnail
I do like Kamal Khan and love 'Ishq Sufiyana' too! There were some great singers like Sugandha, Abhilasha, Sniti and Kamal in the last season. But we have equally talented singers this year too! Md Aman, Vishwajeet, Shehnaz, Jazim are all equally talented if not more!
So lets wait and watch ... one of them might just win the same awards next year that Kamal won this year!!! πŸ˜Š