OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Welcome dear EHMMBHians to the voting for the OS contest that was held along with the 1st Anniversary Celebrations.

We received a 7 great entries, and you, dear readers, get the chance of electing which ones are the best!!! 
While reading and voting, do keep the following rules in mind:

No MIDs for voting!!! Your and your MID's vote will be disqualified.

Please do not vote for yourself! 

Please do not promote your work and tell other members to vote for your entry! 

Please vote for only 2 entries. Members who vote for more will not be included in the final tally.

The deadline for voting is Sunday, December 9th at 11:59PM EST. 

Since we got a great number of entries which could not be posted in one post, they are spread randomly in the next 2 posts! 

Have fun and get reading!

Regards,

EHMMBH DT

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OnlyHope thumbnail

Entry #1 

The Sun Also Rises

"if one by one, you weeded all around the world

That couldn't be right, Maanvi thought as she squinted her eyes to read the book. There was no gardners in winter's tale. She forgot to bring her spectacles and now she had to press her nose into the book to read. More than once she thought of heading back home to retrieve it but thinking of how her Beeji was going to go on and on about getting married, she changed her mind.

It has been almost a year since her sister Jeevika got married to the love of her life and now Beeji was coming after her. She didn't understand why a girl should get married anyway. There were other better things to do than getting married and begetting children. Like waiting. Waiting for your prince charming.

'if, one by one, you wedded around the world-" Maanvi sighed.  That made a little more sense. She closed the book and leaned back in the bench. It was a pointless effort. Her eyes have become weak and she didn't want to bury herself in the pages in a public park. Though there wasn't a single soul in sight as the atmosphere was chilly. It was a chilly Saturday afternoon and though it was a weekend, the park was empty. The spot was her usual place and closing her eyes, she breathed in the aroma of the nature and feeling content, she didn't know when she dozed off.

"WOOF WOOF!" Maanvi jerked up as she heard a dog bark near her ear. She almost fell from the bench. Cursing the dog under her breath, she stared at the dog. He was lean, his wiry fur stripped short except for comical whisks of it on his face and ears and near his eyes. Such expressive bright eyes, round as coins. It was staring at her now. She rolled her eyes and asked. "why are you staring at me?" to which she got a happy bark and picked up the stick on the ground.

"Oh so you want me to play with you" she said smiling ruffling his hair and taking the stick from its mouth.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" came a voice behind her. She startled and turned around. She then saw him, coming out from the bushes completely ruffled yet handsome as he have always been. She has seen the dashing officer before. Admired him throughout her life. Even before he knew her, she had a crush on him. He was looking'different. He was no longer the charming, god decadence of Olympus. he was rather a hardened warrior, tortured by bitter experience of war.

"Viraat" she jumped from the bench and hugged him. He stood still and stiff. Maanvi became conscious and moved away apologizing.

"when did you come?" she asked taking his hands and making him sit beside her.

"today" was his short reply. He avoided looking at her and was focused on his dog. Maanvi looked at him wishing he would look at her just once. She didn't want to ask how he was doing because it was evident he was not doing fine. The things she has read about the war in the papers still sent shivers down her spine. She kept quite not able to trust herself to ask about anything related to it.

Finally after a long stretched silence. Viraat spoke. "I got your letters"

Maanvi was surprised to hear that and was equally happy but then she asked. "You didn't answer any of it"

"I know" he replied. "I just didn't know what to say"

Maanvi knew what he meant. How can he reply to any of her letters. It was unexpected to both him and her. She didn't know why she went through with it any way. But she was glad she did it. He had to know. He had to know how much she loved him ever since they were kids. How much she meant to him. How much she wanted him back home safe.

"I know I just wanted you to know" she whispered slowly. Her eyes began to brim with tears.

Maanvi was about to wipe the tears before they could be seen but she was stopped. Virat cupped her face and held her close. she closed her eyes as his smell began to intoxicate her. They were so close and there was no space for winds to pass through even.
"Thank you"
the rough velvet voice was like pleasure-stroke against her ears. Her eyes snapped open as he let her go. But yet, he still held her.

"what for?" She asked confused. Now her heart has begun to beat faster. Her breath coming out in short.

"for keeping me alive" he replied. His gaze burning through her with awareness. "I almost gave up" his face now guarded.

He looked away remembering the horrible memories of the war and closed his eyes. Maanvi slipped her hands in his and squeezed them. Letting him know that she was there and he was okay.

"seeing so many people die around me I almost gave up" he opened his eyes and looked far lost in his own world. "I couldn't do anything. Its all my fault"

"no" maanvi's voice broke and she hugged him wanting to take away all his pain. he was blaming himself for not being able to save the lost souls. But he was still one man, how can he save them all? "its not your fault, you did everything you could, I know you did" Maanvi was now crying harder.

Viraat held her close and closing his eyes, he rested his head against hers. She have been her savior. Through her letters she have given him hope. A hope to live. A reason to come back. He still remember the one letter which he received which stated her inner most feelings.

Dear Viraat,

I know you have received my letters, my heart says so. And I am still writing to you hoping that one day, you will tell me that you have got them. You know, ever since I read about the war in the papers, I just cant stop thinking what you must be doing. I lay awake every night praying for your safety. I light a candle for you in the tree house we both played as children.

You wrote to your mother about how you could not save your best friend. But viraat, you are only a man too. You cant save them all. No man's life is in other man's hands. Every time, I think of how alone you must be, I keep thinking how I wish I was with you so that I could take away all your pain and suffering. The thought of losing you scares me virat, please come back. I have been living a hard life and with my sister gone, it have become harder. I know I am sounding selfish but I love you and I have to know if you do too. Can you come and tell me if you do? I will wait for you. I will always wait for you

Love, maanvi

He had to tell her. She have waited for him long enough. His heart always has loved her but the realization came through later when he read her letters. His love his maanvi. He wants to make her his forever. And he should start with the words she so long to hear.

"I love you too Maanvi" Virat said blinking back tears. Maanvi was in a daze. Did she hear him correctly? She pulled away from him and stared wanting to know if she heard it correctly. "yes, I love you" he smiled pulling her face close to his. Maanvi couldn't contain her happiness. She hugged him tightly and began to cry all over again.

"why are you crying now?" he asked worriedly. "don't you love me too?"

Maanvi sniffed and pulled away enough to see his face and replied. "No, I do, I love you more than anything. I just cant believe that you do too"

"believe it" he said roughly pulling her.

"I do" Maanvi replied kissing his forhead.

They sat back still entangled in each other's arms and watched his dog running around.

"viraat" she spoke after long time. "You may think that you are to be blamed for their death"

"I do" he sounded weary. How tired he must be of the guilt he have been carrying around.

"But you have to know, time will heal everything. You shouldn't blame yourself and you must come to the conclusion later yourself that nothing was your fault. Give yourself time"

"How much time" he asked bitterly clenching his fists tightly

"I don't know" she admitted. "but I will be there to help you through" she slowly moved her hands to his stubble cheeks and made him face her before replying. "always"

He looked at her unable to believe what he was seeing. She was an angel to him. Truly she was how can she love him so much? He have blood on his hands. But she was willing to make him hers? She looked so innocent so pure. And he was the luckiest man alive. Happiness began to bubble inside him. He couldn't contain them any longer and crushing his lips to hers, they kissed until the first drop of rain hit them.

The rain drenched them but they were still embraced in each other's arms unable to let go. Smiling, Maanvi got up and pulled him up. "home?" she asked him.

Smiling back and slipping his arms around her waist he answered. "home"

They walked through the park towards their home with the rain still heavily pouring down but they didn't care. They were happy. They were together and they were in love. Nothing else matters. Though both maanvi and virat knew that it will take time for things to get back to normal, they will live through it together.

Hand in hand and laughing, they made their way out of the park to the beautiful future they had ahead of them. And of course with Viraat's dog who trailed behind them happily.

Entry #2 

Galaxy of Love

I opened the balcony and a gush of wind blew my hair back and brought a smile on my face. A year had passed and the love between us had stayed the same, if not grown. I sighed of happiness and turned around to find him standing there. He was perfect in every way possible. The first thing I always noticed about him were his eyes; disconcertingly penetrating but full of love and affection, all for me. I wrapped my arms over his shoulders and he took hold of my waist. I smiled and lost myself in his arms. I only came back to reality when he reminded me, well not really reminded me because I already knew, but wished me on this beautiful day.

"Happy wedding anniversary bandariyaa."

"To you too my chep." I exclaimed.

Those two words; bandaariya and chep were certainly unforgettable in our dictionary of love.  My chep's grin grew wider as he lifted my in his arms and spun me around. I threw an ear-splitting grin. He put me down again and leant his forehead on mine. Affectionately he hugged me from the back and we stared into the distance in utter silence.

The silence broke when we heard the sound of the door's latch as Di and Geeju entered our room.

"Woah! 12am and the romance has already started?" Geeju asked with a cheeky tone.

Jeevika Di let out a quiet laugh as Virat closed the balcony door. When we turned around we saw that Di and Geeju had already disappeared. They always just peeped in to tease us when Virat and I were sharing a romantic moment because we were junior to them in our age, marriage and romance. Virat had challenged Geeju that maybe us being junior in the romance part of it wasn't true but I'd told him to take it back because Di had started embarrassing me from Virat's words.

Virat lay me down on the bed and cuddled me up in his arms. I smiled; I had always found my haven in his arms. He held me tight and before I knew it I began to feel drowsy. I didn't want to go to sleep. I'm going to be frankly honest that I was expecting more, much more. I thought he would give me some over the top surprise for our anniversary or would do something totally unexpected but what was he doing here? Making me feel sleepy. Eventually I gave up on fighting my tiredness and drifted off still upset with Virat.

When I woke up next the room was still dark. I rolled over in a lazy manner to see that it was 2am on the clock.  I rolled over again to see that Virat was not by my side. This made me even more dismayed. One, he hadn't given me any sort of surprise and two, he wasn't even with me anymore. Just a few romantic moments at 12am and that was it? What a great wedding anniversary.

Angrily, I pulled a pillow on top of me but someone pulled it off again. Him.

"What do you want?" I asked aggressively making it obvious that I was angry.

"You." He said in his usual calm and soothing voice.

He lifted me up in his arms and took me outside of the house. He stood me up again and I saw nothing but darkness. It was garden he had brought me to; that much I could tell, but there was nothing interesting here.

Suddenly the most unexpected thing happened. He clicked his fingers and the entire garden transformed into a galaxy of beauty; lights everywhere, flowers everywhere, happiness everywhere and most importantly, love everywhere.  Virat pointed in the distance where there was a little table with two chairs, quite obviously for us. Virat and I sat down and I began to light the unlit candle on the table when suddenly I found no need to. Fireworks flew up into the sky and before I knew it Virat had me in his arms dancing with smiles on both of our faces.

I melted my body in his arms and found myself lost in his galaxy of love.

Entry #3 

The Awesome Foursome!

Krystle: Hey! I'm Krystle.

Karan: And I'm Tacker.

Nia: I'm Nia.    

Kushal: And I'm Tandon.

Nia: Why did you introduce yourself with your last names?

Kushal: Because last names are just so much cooler.

Krystle: Technically thinking last names aren't cooler because first names come first. Last names come second. As you can see, Nia and I come first and you and Tacker come second.

Karan: What are you talking about? Haven't you heard that first is worst and second is best?

Krystle: That's so clichd Tacker. Anyways, one can't be a bad number.

Kushal: Why's that?

Nia: Because today our wonderful show, EHMMBH has turned ONE. Therefore, ONE is a special number for us!

Krystle: Exactly. How long does it take you to understand something so simple?

Karan: Kya?! Aaj hummara show ka birthday hai?

Kushal: Nahi hai Tacker. The girls are lying.

Krystle: I see that you don't believe us. We have proof.

Kushal: What proof?

Nia: Go on India-Forums and check out what has been done for us.  There's a special thread that has been put up for our show's anniversary.

Krystle: What a shame that ALL our viewers know that it's our birthday but you don't.

Nia: Tacker aur Tandon ko ye samjhaana mushkil hi nahi, namumkin hai.

Krystle: That's true.

Karan: Kyu? Hum kyu nahi samjhengey?

Krystle: Kyu ki tum dono ke paas dimaag nahi hai.

Nia: Exactly.

Kushal: Nia?! Did you just say we don't have brains?!

Nia: I didn't. Krystle and I BOTH did.

Kushal: Tumhaara naam sahi rakha gaya hai show mein. BANDARIYAA.

Nia: Tumhaara naam bhi sahi rakhaa gaya hai. CHEP!

Nia and Kushal start fighting like crazy.

Karan: Phir shuru hogaye ye dono.

Krystle: Nia theek hi tho keh rahi hai, tum dono ko short-term memory loss hai. Apney hi show ka birthday bhulgaye. *sighs*

Karan: Dekho Krystle, jayssey Jeevika Viren ko show meyy respect karthi hai vayssey tumhey bhi mujhey respect karnaa chah ye. Rather than saying I have short term memory loss you should address me with respect and call me Karan Ji.

Krystle: Do you know why Jeevika calls Viren, Viren JI in the show? Because Viren is OLDER than her. If you want me to call you Tacker JI and continuously remind you of how OLD you are then I surely will.

Karan: Did you just call me OLD?

Krystle and Karan's fight begins and Nia notices.

Nia: Tacker, let go of my Di!

Kushal: Shut up Miss Blush. Tell your Di to let go of my brother!

Nia: Miss Blush? WHAT?

Kushal: Don't you remember that you blush whenever you're in front of me?

Nia: I DON'T BLUSH.

Krystle and Karan stop fighting at the sound of Nia's loud voice.

Krystle: I'm sorry Nia but you're blushing right now.

Kushal: In your face Sharma!

Kushal puts his arm around Krystle.

Nia: Krystle?! Since when were you on Tandon's side?!

Karan: Since when were you on Krystle's side Tandon? Fine! I'm on Nia's side now!

Karan puts his arm around Nia. All four glare at each other.

Karan: You know what the strange thing is? Kushal and Nia's characters in the show are just about to get married and they are always fighting.

Nia: Do you expect me to be nice to Tandon then? You know that's impossible.

Kushal glares harder at Nia.

Kushal: Nia ki bacchi, aaj tho tu gayi!

Kushal starts chasing after Nia. Krystle and Karan stop them.

Krystle: Nia, calm! Calm!

Karan: Kushal, breathe, stop chasing after her.

Kushal and Nia: WHAT? Are you saying it's my fault?

Krystle: Me and Tacker are just trying to say that you shouldn't fight all the time!

Kushal: Krystle, since when were you on Tacker's side?

Nia: Tacker, since when were on Krystle's side?

Kushal: Fine then. Nia and I are on a team.

Suddenly all four of them burst up laughing realizing how many times they have swapped teams and share an awesome foursome hug.

Krystle: I love you guys.

Karan: Same here.

Kushal: Same here.

Nia: And together we make the best show ever!

NiShal/KryAn: Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri ...

Karan and Kushal go silent on the last two words.

Krystle and Nia: Behena Hai!

Entry #4 

Virman songfic/OS- Song: Christina Perri- a thousand years

A thousand years

It's hard to believe. Just a few months ago, it seemed as though we were facing a dearth of happiness. Like what I had left, what had remained of that so called happiness had been snatched away from me. Like another piece of me had been trampled on and disregarded.

Heartbeats fast'

Always, I always lived on my own set of rules. But that no.1 rule was the most important. Live life to the fullest. That was always how it was supposed to be. It doesn't matter how long life is, but live life as much as you can, every moment, every day of your life.

I didn't even know then how life itself was trying to get rid of me.

Colors and promises'

I made a promise; it was more of a mental promise to myself. It was a mission: to make sure that she always, no matter what, was happy. I myself had once said, what good would it be if you couldn't even make the person you love smile? She's been doing it for so long, making me smile even when I was at my worst. I remember how she made me forget; forget my past. How she brought me back from the dark; how she taught me to stop hurting those that were close to me. How she did everything she did or me without knowing. I owe it all to the girl who changed my life, the girl who I fell in love with.

How to be brave...How can I love when I'm afraid to fall'

But watching you stand alone. All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow.

One step closer...

I was dying.

And as if it was already bad, I found out, I was told that I only had a few years to live. I was never scared of dying not until I found out'.I wanted to live for those who loved, did I love just for it to be lost? No, I needed to live, even if just for a little while longer, I needed to go with the satisfaction that everything was perfect, everyone I loved was happy, he was happy. I was scared, but with him everything was soon alright. My partner, my love, my other half, I realized that he loved me as much as I loved him; with all my heart, and he would always stand by me, always. So every time I had any hesitation, I saw him, and it all went away. Wasn't that strange?

I have died everyday waiting for you' Darling don't be afraid I have loved you.

For a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more.

Time stands still. Beauty in all she is'.

I will be brave. I will not let anything take away. What's standing in front of me'

Every breath. Every hour has come to this.

One step closer'

Just when I thought that everything was going away from me, that my sunshine would go away form me soon, finally, a miracle came, she was cured. My beautiful M was cured, there was nothing to worry about, sure fate had played all its games but it all ended well. In the end, we were alright.

I have died everyday waiting for you'.Darling don't be afraid I have loved you.

And all along I believed I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more.

One step closer '.

So here I am, here we are. I walk down the aisle slowly and gracefully in a simple Jim Hjelm dress, a beautiful dress elegant in its simplicity, with an asymmetrical pleating that sweeps across the waist and flows into a draped overlay skirt- perfect- fully aware and familiar of all the gazes that were on me, admiring faces, cheerful, proud faces. They all turned to take a glance and as soon as I came into view all eyes were on me. I had to admit, I was slightly nervous, who wouldn't be? Today was the day, we'd become one, I'd become his, we'd finally have the ending we wished for, and we were finally getting married. I could hear a chorus of 'here comes the bride'' and looked across the seats seeing the faces of my loved ones grinning at me and gave a smile, I was slightly relieved but still somewhat nervous and even more so when I saw the man who held my future in front of me.

Devastatingly handsome as always, he looked unbelievably even more attractive and as he flashed me a grin I couldn't help but feel a little light-headed. He blew a low whistle and I was immediately at ease, but then he lifted my hand and lightly kissed it, in front of everyone, and well'what else could a girl do but blush? He winked. I'd say something but for some strange reason I couldn't even so much as to choke any words out, all I could manage to do then was smile back. He must have sensed I was nervous because he then responded with a small, warm smile back as if to say, 'this is the moment we've been waiting for, it's finally here. Everything turned out all right, we're here, we've done it.' With just that one smile, he sent me a message, one that brought down a familiar warm feeling as I looked in awe at the man I loved. I was lost in all my bliss, wanting to experience every moment of it and make it last, everything still seemed so surreal, I didn't even realize when the minister started talking again. ''.Manvi, do you take this man, Virat, to be your lawfully wedded husband'.do you promise to love, honor and respect him...comfort him'keep him in sickness'in health, forsaking all others, keep thee only unto him for so long as you both shall live? 

I have died everyday waiting for you'Darling don't be afraid I have loved you.

And all along I believed I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years.

I'll love you for a thousand more'

'I do.'

OnlyHope thumbnail

Entry #5 

Celebration of Being Alive

"Maanvi, wake up..." said virat pulling the quilt off her.. Maanvi opens her eyes and is surprised to see the room decorated with flowers and balloons.. "Virat, what is all this.. Is there something special today .. " asked Maanvi rubbing her eyes.. "Nope.. nothing special.. I am happy and I am in a mood for celebration" said Virat .. lifting her in his arms and twirling her around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maanvi is surprised to see the whole house decorated with flowers and balloons...she asks everyone, what is so special about today, everyone says "we are celebrating life.". Maanvi is confused and says " today!!! .. it is none of our birthdays.. nor anniversaries.. nor any festivals.. nor any HallMark/Archies days.. and what are you all celebrating ,," asked Maanvi impatiently with confusion and a small pout..'

everyone in chorus  " today we are celebrating life.."  Maanvi, confused, but she never lets go off any celebration and loves to  experience every moment of the life to the fullest .. braced herself to enjoy and celebrate with her family .. by keeping  aside her confusion ,..

Vadheras had a blast .. spending time together, off from work, eating out, talking, shopping, their laughter filled the surroundings . ."kehte hain kushiyan baantne se badthi hai..why not share this happiness with some other people" said Viren..Everyone agrees, Maanvi though confused was happy to share happiness with others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maanvi, Virat along with the rest of the Vadheras walk into  fully decorated cancer institute of Dr.Mehra. .. where all the cancer patients and their families are assembled.

In a few minutes..the program commences, Virat is asked to speak.. "I have experienced what it is to see your life on the death bed.. people fear death and with that fear for tomorrow, we  ruin our  today... but one thing I have to share is that Maanvi ..is the reason behind the celebration of life... she depicts the essence of life.. I am standing here before you, because my life, Mrs.Maanvi Wadhera, came out as a winner, after pursuing a long battle against cancer. "
Viren continued .."We all draw the inspiration from her, whose other name is Zindagi,, who lives life to the fullest ..even during the last few days of her battle.. she had the same spirit of life. she never complained or questioned "WHY ME" .. she took life on her stride and lived every moment with all her heart .. ."

" today, myself and my family would like to share our happiness with you all, it is the "Celebration of being alive" , Celebrating Life which we learnt from Maanvi 'as such there is no day to celebrate life..as every moment of life is worth celebrating ,, with this I would like Maanvi to say a few words..." concludes Dadaji with a smile on his face...

Maanvi is overwhelmed with this.. Virat gestures Maanvi to speak..Maanvi comes to the center.. she does not want to make the atmosphere gloomy or depressed...she, with a effervescent smile on her face  says "Every moment of life is beautiful..happy.. worth living .  however, crippled our physical condition is, we should be thankful that we are still alive, .live it to the fullest, enjoy each moment and celebrate life as long as we are alive.. because you cannot celebrate it once it is gone.. BEING ALIVE , matters more than anything.. and she requests everyone to take an oath with her, they all joined Maanvi.. "we will forever  try to live each moment our life to the fullest, try to be happy keeping aside our sadness and sorrows with the fear of future.. so let us all spread happiness and smiles around us, it is a great gift of BEING ALIVE, in the first place..."

Everyone cheered after the oath, her words instilled the new hopes and dreams in the eyes of the cancer people and their family members.. they promised to live life the very moment without thinking about the next moment... ..they all applaud Maanvi,..followed by,. dance,, music ..masti and food..

Maanvi with a great satisfaction and contentment of spreading happiness and smiles to the cancer patients .. walks out with her family with an effervescent and contagious smile on her face ...

Entry #6 

There was chaos in the Vadhera house. Virat and Viren are head of this operation. They have covered the house with decorations to welcome the newest members of their family. The banners are up and balloons cover the living room in every color that you could think of. Meanwhile the rest of the family were pleasantly surprised at the arrangements made by the boys. Sorry they are no longer boys, but are men. The room in set, only the guests of honor are missing. Viren peered down at his watch.

"Crap!! We're late! Virat we better leave before Jeevika and Maanvi cut our heads off."

"Bhai, it will be fine, plus we haven't even finished... we need to get the..."

"Don't worry I've sorted it. There is one in your room and one in mine. We should have got the other room sorted, guess we'll have to finish it later. Who told them to come early?" Viren chucked and they left to get the girls with the biggest smiles on their face.This was the happiest day in their lives, well after their wedding day that is.

As they entered the room, both Virat and Viren looked at their respected wives who were sitting on their beds impatiently waiting for their husbands. They were exhausted by the type of exhausted that had a hint of joy.

"What time do you call this!!" Maanvi blurted the moment she saw Virat. "If I knew you were going to be late, then I would have told you to come in the morning, at least then you would be on time" Virat walked over and tried to reason with her, yet Maanvi wasn't giving in.

Viren laughed at their antics, as he knew it was all fun. Slowly he walked up to his wife and kissed her on the forehead. He looked at her lovingly. They didn't need to speak yet she gave him a silent nod to ease his worries. He looked beside her bed and saw the little cot, where their son was sleeping. Carefully and slowly, Viren picked him up, and sat next to Jeevika, forming their perfect family.

"Jiju!!! I know you love your son immensely even though he's just a day old, but show some love to your nephew as well."

The three of them couldn't help to laugh at Maanvi's comment. Maanvi and Virat also had a son on the same day Jeevika and Viren had theirs.

Virat who was holding his son, walked up to his brother.Feeling like very proud fathers and husbands, they looked down at their sons.

"Hey kiddo, say hello to your younger brother. Remember a big brother always looks out for his brother, he's his protector. You'll protect him won't you? Just like my brother always protected me."Virat gazed at Viren before he whispered in his son's ear "and don't forget to protect him from his Chachi..."If only looks could kill.

"Sorry, sorry, Masi."

As they arrived Jeevika and Maanvi were greeted by their family and were astounded by the arrangements made by their husbands. After many years, the cries of children echoed in the Vadhera household.Both couples took their children to their respected rooms, where their sleepless nights began.

"Virenji, get up. It's your turn," she nudged him in bed.
"But Jeevika I just went to sleep."
"What can I do if your son wants to wake up at 3 in the morning?"

This was a conversation that Viren and Jeevika and Virat and Maanvi had almost every night. Because of the children sleeping habits the Virat and Viren had not finished of the room.

Three months later-

Crash, bang, thud. Strange noises came out of the room. Suddenly Virat and Viren emerged from the doorway. Jeevika and Maanvi who were slightly confused and inquisitive about what they darling husbands were up to. This room was a secret for their entire pregnancy. Finally it was done. The boys escorted the girls and their sons into the room. They had made a beautiful nursery, with one large cot for the both of them. They may not have been twins but they were just like their mothers inseparable.

Entry #7 

Virman OS: The Sweet Love

Prologue: The bone marrow transplant is over, Mannu is free from cancer. After a few days Virika revealed the whole truth to family. Mannu feels bad cz because of her chutki is no more, she also understood that Virat too was in this plan! She scolded Virat , said that he is a cheater nd lier. Later Jeevika made her understand that chutki will come again but what if her sweet sister dies? Will  Jeevika be able to love her kid? No. Mannu understood how sacrificing her sister is nd forgived her. The Vadhera's too accepted the truth. Everyone came back to normal except for one person nd that was Virat!! He really felt bad cz Mannu insulted him for no reason, she didnt even understood the point. I t was later Manvi realised that Virat came to know the truth only after Jeevika's abortion. Manvi felt guilty nd decided to say sorry to Virat, but he started ignoring her. The fun begins from here๐Ÿ˜›

It was morning 7:00am. Manvi woke up got ready nd gave karela juice to Dadaji. She saw Virat coming to the dining hall. Manvi smiled at him but he refused to smile back. She went to talk to him but he ignored her. After breakfast, Virat went to his room with an angry face. Manvi followed him.

Manvi: Virat, i knew that i insulted u alot, Im sorry, actually im just a big ''ghadda'' . without knowing the truth, i misunderstood u. Please forgive me partner.
Virat: [took his guitar] Im having song recording tonight, its gettin late [he goes out of the room leaving behind a depressed Manvi]

The same process continued for weeks. Everytime Manvi went to apologise to Virat, he ignored her, or tried to change topics. One day she was sitting on the hall depressed.
Manvi: Yeh Virat bhi na, kithni zidhi hai? I just did a small mistake nd he is making it such a big issue. Now how will i convince him? [she started thinking hard] Idea!!!! Di, ur the one who can help me! [she went to Jeevika's room]

[In jeevika's room]
Jeevika: Virenji , i really got scared, i thought that Mannu will start hating me.
Viren: Jeevika dont say that, do u think Manvi can hate her sweet sister?
Jeevika: [smiling] Virenji thanku so much for supporting me for everything. If u were not there to help me, thn i dont know how i'll be able to save my Mannu.
Viren: My sweet wife... Main toh aapki pathi hoon, agar mein tumhe support nahi karenga toh kaun karenga. nd dont worry , our chutki will come back again after a short break. 
Jeevika: [tears came from her eyes, she hugged him] I love u Virenji
Viren: Love u too. Now i wont let u cry. [wiped her tears] Waise ...ek shart hai.
Jeevika: [puzzled] Kaise shart?
Viren: [smiles] Shart toh bahut simple hai. Just a big , sweet kiss from my sweet wife.
Jeevika: [blushing] Virenji aap bhi na...
Viren: please yaar, trust me noone will come here.
[jeevika kissed Viren in his cheek, by the time Manvi entered their room, she got shocked seeing this nd covered her eyes. Virika was shocked seeing Manvi unexpectedly.]
Manvi: [still covering her eyes] Di...jiju continue ur process, i'll come back afterwards.
Viren: Areey sahle sahiba... wait..[goes to her]
Manvi: im so sorry jiju, agle baar aayega toh zaroor knock karke aayegi. 
Viren: its ok. waise ur looking sad. any help?
Manvi: Yes jiju, ur right, jiju can i talk with di for 5 mins, just 4 5 mins?
Viren: Ofcourse.
[He leaves. Manvi tells everything to jeevika]
Manvi: Di, im really confused. What will i do?
Jeevika: Waise, what virat always tells u to be?
Manvi: [thinking] I dont know... Ya, he always tells me to be like u!
Jeevika; so just try to be like me for some days, i think he'll love it. 
Manvi: Wah kya solid idea hai di... love u [she hugs her]

[Next day, in Virat's room]
Virat wakes up after a gr8 sleep. He wakes up but shocked to see the person around him. He wiped his eyes, he just cant believe cz it was Manvi wearing a saree.

Virat: Manvi? Tum?
Manvi: Good morning Virat ji
Virat: Virat? what?
Manvi: Viratji
Virat: Virat...??/
Manvi: Viratji
Virat: Virat... ugh! tum mere kamre mein kya kar rahe ho?
Manvi: Main aapke liye bed coffee lekhar aaye ho Viratji?
Virat: [cant control his laugh]  Are u crazy? Pagal ho ghaye kya. [he goes to washroom]
Manvi: Im not pagal, its my way to convince u. Waise bhi im sure u'll like my new avtar.

[At dining room, everyone gathered , Manvi served food to everyone. Everyone except Jeevika looked at her shocked]
Swamini: What happened Manvi?
Manvi: Nothing spcl Bua, im going to be the bahu of this house, so thought to be like my di. Viratji yeh lo aloo paratha.
Shlok: [thinking] This Manvi di never even called me Shlok ji, thn how come she's calling Virat chacha ''ji''
[Virat was drinking tea, Manvi looked at him blushing. She was standing there making circle with her leg. Virat still couldnt believe his eyes. He was looking at her. She winked at him. Virat slipped the tea seeing this.]

After a while, virat got ready to go, Manvi stopped him
Manvi: Viratji... one min just apply this tilak, im sure today u'll be able to give ur best performance.
Virat: Stop calling me ji.
Manvi: [blushing] Waise ur my hone-wale pathi, how can i call u by name?
Virat: ok whatever. im going
Manvi: But Viratji... [she looked at her jiju who is hugging Jeevika nd telling bye to her] Look at jiju, how sweet he is nd what abt this demon, he is so stubborn, but i'll change it!! Its Manvi Choudhary's word.

Night 8:00pm, everyone gathered at the dining hall. Virat wasnt there. Just thn he called Dadaji nd said he is having a concert at 9:00 so he'll reach late. Everyone ate food. Manvi decided to eat after Virat comes.

Jeevika: Mannu eat something, u cant stay hungry for long.
Manvi: No di... i'll stay hungry for long but i wont eat even a single piece, let Virat understand how sacrificing his partner is.
Jeevika: Do whatever  u like?
[Manvi became shocked, afterall she planned to eat if her di would have requested her again. She waited for him for long. It was 11pm, Virat still didnt reach.]
Manvi: oh god rats r running in my stomach. what will i do? [she looked at the food, decided to eat little] Wow delicious food. [after some time she fall asleep on the table. Virat reached, he looked at her nd pushed the chair backwards making her to wake up.]

Manvi:[stood] Viratji, where were u? How long i was waiting for u? Can i sit?
Virat: Agar betna chahiye toh betto.
Manvi: How rude?
Virat: Sorry...
Manvi: I mean how sweet ur.
Virat: Did u eat something?
Manvi: [shocked] No... just little
Virat: Manvi? Why didnt u eat? U knew right u cant stay hungry for long. Come on eat something.
Manvi: [happy inside, ate the food, she was thinking abt the change in Virat, she started to cough]
Virat: [goes near, pats her] Manvi, tum ithna careless kyun ho? Yeh lo pani peeyo. Manvi ru ok?
[Manvi still coughing]
Virat: [shocked,cupped her face] Manvi , ru ok? stop coughing mere partner.
[Manvi smiled at him, she stopped coughing. Virat was lost in her, he cant believe how he forgot everything]
Manvi: Virat... im so sorry, i...
Virat: Its gettin late Manvi, Goodnight [went to his room]

Manvi: This stupid ideal bahu drama didnt work. Now what will i do? But today i understood that he still loves me nd cannot hate me.

[Next day morning]
Manvi: Di, the idea didnt work.
Jeevika: Im helpess now Mannu, i think u have to think something better.
Manvi: But di... what will i? [she looks at Viren] Jiju, can u help me?
Viren: Saale sahiba, this ideal bahu is only good for my wife. It'll never ever suit u. Nd my brother loved u because of ur liveliness, fun-loving nature nd do u think he'll  get impressed by this. I have an idea but dunno if it'll work. Virat gets angry when anyone irritates him nd he reacts fast.
Manvi:[ thinks abt the previous things] Ya, just like when i told abt Maya, how angry he got?Y didnt i think this before. Wow jiju, ur idea is better than di's idea.That's my jiju [hugs him]
Jeevika: Oh so both r united. Ok fine.
Viren nd Manvi: But we r always incomplete without u... [3 hugs each other]

[Manvi changes her dress, she wore her usual salwar nd went to Virat's room. He was listening to music]

Manvi: Oh Virat... Ur just like a girl, I scolded u nd u became senti... What a big chep ur?
Virat: Tum mere kamrein mein yeh kehne ke liye aaye ho? Ok i accept it. 
Manvi: tum ithni emotional kyun hai yaar. Ru rehearsing to be just like a serial type bahu.
Virat: [griming] What a stupid joke? Now get lost.
Manvi: I wont leave Mr.Chep [took his ipod]
Virat: Manvi stop [runs behind her]

Manvi stands sings
Gore Gore Ye Chore, Chore )...(2)
( Ye Ishq Ishq Chillate Hain )

Virat looks at her puzzled.
Manvi:  Ye Gali Gali Mandrate Hain )...(2)
Shaadi Ki Dagar Na Jayein Magar
( Ye Gore Gore Se Chore )...(3)

Virat: Manvi stop it. Its not funny.

Manvi puts her hand around him

Andar Se Chahe Kuchh Bhi Hon Ye
Ada Magar Hai Hero Wali
Din Raat Kitabein Padhte Hain Ye
Ladki Ki Tasveron Wali
Kahein Jeevan Mela
Par Shaadi Jhamela
Darwaza Inhein Dikhlao Zara
Virat: So u think im a half hero. Cool

She blocks his way. Takes a rope nd ties his hand to a pillar.
Shaadi Ki Jo Baat Karo To
Buri Ye Haalat Karte Hain
Bin Shaadi Sang Rahne Ki Ye
Badi Wakalat Karte Hain
Har Ladki Pyari
Bin Zimewari
Laila Ke Bina Ye Majnoon Bane
Manvi makes fun of him , starts dancing.
Jab Ye Budhe Ho Jayeinge
Khaas Khaas Ke Rah Jayeinge [she pretends to cough making fun of him]
Kandhe Par Koi Haath Na Hoga
Humdum Koi Sath Na HogaB Thokar Khayeinge
Phir Pachtayeinge
Tab Yaad Inhein Aayeinge Hum
Ye Ishq Ishq Chillate Hain
Ye Gali Gali Mandrate Hain )...(2)
Shaadi Ki Dagar Na Jayein Magar

Virat understands the rope was getting loose, he slowly removed it. Manvi was unaware of it. He carries her, nd ties her to the pillar.

Virat: Ok Manvi, so do u think i'll get scared talking abt shaadi. Now u see how scared ur goin to get.
Manvi: Virat... stop it.
Virat came close to her, he was abt to kiss her on her lips, just thn he stopped untied the rope nd left.

Manvi: [goes behind him] Virat u scary cat. Y cant u forgive me. I wasnt knowing that u were unaware of di's abortion. u did all this for me. Y cant u understand that i love u... [she hit her head by accident] Ouch!!!
Virat: [runs to her] Manvi ru ok? Im sorry for hurting u.
Manvi: No my partner, im sorry for misunderstanding u. UR the best partner . I promise u that i'll never tell bad abt u.
Virat: Waise Manvi... do u think i can get angry with u. I forgived u before itself. Was checking to how much extend u'll go to convince me. BUT i loved ur second avatar. The real Manvi Choudhary avtar.
Manvi: [beats him] Virat u idiot, u were playing games with me? How dare u?
Virat: [holds her hand, make her close] It was all because I love u.
Manvi: Stupid Virat [hugged him]
Virat: [whispered] One sweet condition left
Manvi understood the matter she was abt to go, he held her hand
Manvi: I wont do that.
Virat: U have to partner. [he made her turn towards him] its nice to see u blushing.
Manvi: oh! as if ur not.
Virat: Im still waiting. Oh no Swamini bua
[Manvi got scared, hugged him tightly.]
Virat: One condition completed. now next...
Manvi: Virat i'll kill u stupid.
Virat: ok i'll give u [kissed on her cheeks] For my sweet partner.
Manvi: [closed her eyes, gave a sweet kiss] LOVE U [he looked at her , came closer, she pushed him nd ran. Virat stood there feeling the presence, the beauty of her kiss!]
ohsehun. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
It was an incredibly tough choice...but I'm going to go with 1 and 2...
The others were brilliant though...we have so many talented writers on this forum, I just loved reading each and every OS...

The first OS though, in my opinion was the best, it was just absolutely beautifully written <3
The second was really really sweet and adorable, VirMan were so cute! So in the end i chose these two...
But every OS made me smile :) I would love for anything like this to happen, and some would even be great as further FF's...Whether it was for VirMan, or VirIka, the fics on the awesome foursome were as usual amazing, all were just amazing!

Love love loved them all! <3
Edited by Labyrinth89 - 11 years ago
BrunoMars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I think 1 and 3...Edited by BrunoMars - 11 years ago
hooriaa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Entry 2: Galaxy Of Love
Entry 7: The Sweet Love VirMan OS

Loved The Os' Tough Competition x