An appeal to Shankar Mahadevan...

amitm2012 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Mr. Mahadevan, can you please, please leave alone Mohammad Aman and let us enjoy his pure classical bandish?...please do NOT try to innovate in it...we do not need to listen to filmi numbers by him...and we do not need to listen to African drums...here he was singing Puriya Dhanashree and you, sir, with your insane ideas for fusion, messed it up by asking Toufik Kureshi to play African drums with it?...African drums?...if you had asked him to play the Pakhawaj or Mridang or Tabla, that would have been one thing...but please spare us of your stupidities...

You have Jasraj Joshi to experiment with weird nonsense to create cacophony...please leave Mohammad Aman alone...he is a divine singer who is here to give us the pleasure of Indian Classical Music...that genre is perfect in itself...please do not interfere and spoil it for everyone...you almost got the kid eliminated with your ridiculous interference earlier...we do not need your dumb, third class ideas for Mohammad Aman...he is perfect as he is and he simply needs to sing traditional khayals for us...

Thank you!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jjairam thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Shankar is an accomplished classical musician. I think the drums sounded great. Vikku Vinayakram, Zakir Hussain - all these are great classical percussionists. They have all played fusion to great effect. Mohammed is lucky to get this opportunity to perform with Alla Rakha's son.
amitm2012 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jjairam

Shankar is an accomplished classical musician. I think the drums sounded great. Vikku Vinayakram, Zakir Hussain - all these are great classical percussionists. They have all played fusion to great effect. Mohammed is lucky to get this opportunity to perform with Alla Rakha's son.

Shankar is an accomplished musician...but I think he is too much into this fusion nonsense, in the name of innovation...I dont understand why he cannot appreciate music in its purest form...our classical music has been around for thousands of years...it has evolved into a masterpiece...why try to mess it up?...as you know the tabla or pakhawaj has to be tuned with the singer's scale to sound right...the african drums were not tuned to the singer's scale and sounded jarring...even in the west, people play classical music pieces or opera within the protocols established for it such as the piano, cello, violin etc...if you take Mozart or Chopin and start playing African drums with it, how will it sound?...

Mohammad Aman was a sport and went through it with a smile on his face even though the drums sounded off-key...thankfully he sang some delightful alaaps and taans that drowned out those nasty drums...
kadami thumbnail
Why One ordinary singer was suffering. Why not others were suffering.
This singer is over-rated as he came by approach. Otherwise audience is not enjoying. Audience are fans of these mentors too. They have respected these mentors while voting this boring singer.
Why was he sent out by judges if he was so praised by judges because he did more mistakes than expectation. Only this singer is doing extra mistakes which are ignored. They are giving chance after chances to this poor boy but he has still very very limited knowledge. I also am waiting he could sing few words enjoyable but I am sad. He should not stay in this competition at all.
kadami thumbnail
Judges are respecting bhartiya sangeet but not this person. Shankar himself is great classical singer and famous all over the world.
Fafeed hasan showed thousands more talent in last season than this singer.
music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Here's posting the video with the hated  african drums๐Ÿ˜†

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85InqvRSQwU[/YOUTUBE]

I think aman did a great job and so did  taufiq bhai. 

music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Aman's singing is so powerful, i actually did not pay attention to the drums,  the harmonium sounded jarring for the first time to me๐Ÿ˜ณVery sharp it was. The drums kind of blended into the background and taufiq bhai did a great job  making it sound near inaudible when aman was taking his strong taans. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

It was a great exposure for Aman and he came out with flying colours. ๐Ÿ‘

His being so innocent and so un-worldly wise[ at least, that is how it seems so], this show will be a good learning lesson for him.

Let him see and hear different kinds of music, his strong base is there.That will never make him flounder, he can always go back to his roots, whenever he wants, like shankar mahadevan can.

I do not think SM had anything to do with the whole thing except may be to do the dishonour of announcing the drums๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

The creatives take the decision and the practice is on before the mentors/ judges are involved. so...  or they are informed about it beforehand, i guess.

Edited by music-a-muse - 11 years ago
jjairam thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: amitm2012

Shankar is an accomplished musician...but I think he is too much into this fusion nonsense, in the name of innovation...I dont understand why he cannot appreciate music in its purest form...our classical music has been around for thousands of years...it has evolved into a masterpiece...why try to mess it up?...as you know the tabla or pakhawaj has to be tuned with the singer's scale to sound right...the african drums were not tuned to the singer's scale and sounded jarring...even in the west, people play classical music pieces or opera within the protocols established for it such as the piano, cello, violin etc...if you take Mozart or Chopin and start playing African drums with it, how will it sound?...

Mohammad Aman was a sport and went through it with a smile on his face even though the drums sounded off-key...thankfully he sang some delightful alaaps and taans that drowned out those nasty drums...

The drums were off key? I have to hear this again.

sunom thumbnail

Originally posted by: jjairam

You are absolutely right. Although Mohammad Aman in some parts of song mainly burkiyan, is good but over all rating for him is always too high just to keep him as a show case in the competition.
I only liked him in audition. Classical singing is root of music industry after folk. Then, why he can not sing enjoyable classical songs. Hence, he should be eliminated now.
sunom thumbnail
All instruments drum etc. were giving great entertainment e.g. perfect sur, rhythm, range and feel.
Shankar mahadevan brought different but interesting item in the show.
I liked all those musicians who are so talented and using these instruments.
I hope that shankar mahadevan should bring  again the same or more such type of talent on the show.