Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago

well all kjo movies are def overhyped.TELL me has any of his film offered anything in terms of performance,script,story ....his film is totally based on his stars and ad type visuals with lots of hit songs thats it .

ok one movie is fine but every movie of his is the same and he repeats the same stars again and again .I mean I cant see SRK dancing and running around the tress all the time.Can any one of u tell me in which movie has srk acted differently. In all his movies,his expressions are the same for every emotion,all his roles are the same ......lover boy or the guy who takes away the engaged girl or something like that.

I havent seen SRK do anything different in a long long time .
Karan johar repeats the same heroines ,rani or preity and there def has to be amitabh to add to the star power. Where is the script or story ....kabhi khushi kabhi gham ws one of the worst movies I ever saw,There was nothing in the movie except for 3 big stars and songs .........

I blame it on the audiences too who always make these kind of movies a HIT instead of movies like being cyrus or page 3 or other good ones ......

The awards are also rigged,everytime only SRK or amitabh gets the filmfare award and infact they dont even recognise other actors .
No offense to SRK or KJO fans

Edited by tina59 - 17 years ago
pinkstarrs_9 thumbnail
ok one movie is fine but every movie of his is the same and he repeats the same stars again and again .I mean I cant see SRK dancing and running around the tress all the time.Can any one of u tell me in which movie has srk acted differently. In all his movies,his expressions are the same for every emotion,all his roles are the same ......lover boy or the guy who takes away the engaged girl or something like that.

I havent seen SRK do anything different in a long long time .
Karan johar repeats the same heroines ,rani or preity and there def has to be amitabh to add to the star power. Where is the script or story ....kabhi khushi kabhi gham ws one of the worst movies I ever saw,There was nothing in the movie except for 3 big stars and songs .........

thats what i am sayin

he is repeatin himself

par no doubt mr khan is great actor πŸ‘

infact a great achiver πŸ‘

i loved him in his early films i adore him 😳

for being diffrent he was the one

who introduced the very fact an hindi film hero also

have postive n negative shades πŸ‘ 

this fact was ignored earlier we know he is great actor

par now he need to experiment with chracters

n he did that with swadesh one more fact

this is very true to he is king khan he rules box office

par now he should make a chioce

whether  he wants to be rem as king khan who

ruled box office or he wants to be rem as actor who

did diffrent characters i think aamir has earned this status

of being diffrent n now srk need to  make choice 😊

i was  most disspointed  with shahrukh

when he made that ashoka 🀒

such a great character what a pathtic film 🀒

his fellow actor experimentin par he is not

like ajay did zakam ;aamir is always expermenting πŸ‘

my personal view srk need to experiment more now πŸ˜›

i want old srk back bazigar wala

who throws girl from bulding par still

we cannot stop adoring him darr wala

infact what bout kabhi ha kabhi na wala πŸ˜›

i love srk in those films πŸ˜›

srk rocks in those films πŸ‘

pink

Edited by pinkstarrs_9 - 17 years ago
JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Groovychick

yea but Krish is a copy of Supermen and there was nothing great about Krish.. it was hum hum movie..

yup, let's stick to the current topic😊

JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: sree

ok, I must say that this is a good topic for discussion... Hats off to whoever proposed this topic!!!πŸ‘

Though i am a Big Big SRK , Abhi and Big B fan, i will try my level best to give an unbiased reply to this debate... πŸ˜†

Do you guys think that the movie is overhyped already?

Now, what do we exactly mean by "Overhyped". If you are talking about the appreciation it is getting even before it is relased, then i would like to tell you here that , there are somw reasons for it..

The music of this film is out now to the general public... The songs are simply great, with lyrics at its best... It has some fabulous songs. The Title track of KANK is so very nice to hear. The song Mitwa is so gripping that we tend to listen to it again and again. The promos of the songs are also out, we see all the top stars in this movie... It is powerpacked with great actors... This movie is a by a very talented and succeesful director Karan Johar...who has given us hits after hits.... So what more does the public want now? They really feeel everything about KANK refreshing and nice.. So even if people appreciate it befoer it is released, is there any fault?

I would personally say that the publicity done for this movie is very very minimal when compared to the publicity that was done for Karan Johar's previous movie K3G... This is what i feel....

Are all Shahrukh and Karan Johar's movies overhyped?

As I said above, Karan Johar has given the audience some fabulous movies, which one will never forget. SRK is the Baadshah of Bollywood, is the King Khan... So if people eagerly look forward for this combination to click again, we cannot call it as "Overhyped". ....

Is it a declared hit already?

Only time will tell... Till now, the music has been topping the charbusters... They are getting a very good response... The sales of the music of KANK have increased as weeks preogressed.. I am sure it will reach the top by the time the fil is released... As far as the film goes, we can just take a wild guess about how it will do at the box office...

Karan is now dealing with a very bold subject, where two married couples get their real soulmates after getting married... This is a very sensitive plot, where we will surely go thro a lot of emotions... Being the great actors they are, i am sure that SRK, Abhi, Preity and Rani would have given a top class performance.. Also, Big B, how can we forget him??? Though the plot is somewhat towards the untested ground, there is a a slight doubt on whether the public will accept this storyline with both hands.... But, i am sure Karan would have given a majestic touch to this confusing and sensitive plot tooo... So only time will tell whether this is another feather in the cap for Karan....

What about movies like Fanaa and Kkrish - lots of hype and tepid response.'

Fanaa and Krish were also promoted and publicised. They also had a huge star cast, with great and successful directors... So i dont see any reason why we should be calling these films as "Overhyped " too...

In this day and age does media hype and publicity determine whether a movie will be a hit or not?

Yes, Media hype and the Publicity campaign needs to be done in a right way to take the film to the masses.. But, ultimately, it is the film and the general public who will give us the final verdict... No publicity can help a badly made movie... There are many examples for this...

So , in today's age, a film needs to be packed with good stars, good story, great screenplay, great director's touch, everything, which is summed up by a good publicity too...

Thanks for the opportunity , i loved replying here.... 😳

Sree

I agree with Sree DiπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Couldn't have put in better wordsπŸ‘
mini2390 thumbnail
why do sum ov u have only such things 2 say that srk doz the same thing over and over again, karan johar repeats the same thing in every script..... i mean helloooo!!!!! wat u guys r saying, iz totally not reasonable..... we the people luv srk for all ov hiz roles, we the people luv karan's romantic films, its not srk's choice whether he wants to play a gangster, luver boy, or action hero, i mean dont u guyz know that in films watever the director asks an actor 2 do they do it. srk iz just the lucky one, he haz the image of a luver boy cuz he suits thoz roles and we the audience luv him 4 that, i mean otherwise srk has the talent 2 carry off any role!!!!!!!! so stop all this drama of saying these things about srk and karan johar films............... i am a huge srk fan and i seriously have one thing 2 say to u guyz, if u dont like karan johar films, then dont watch them!!!!!! cuz thatz simply so weird that u guys watch evry film ov his and then say they r all bogus and karan johar films deserve to be overhyped cuz they r entertaining films that today's generation luv, and there iz no point ov stating anything about KANK until the film actiually releases!!!!! I HOPE THIS FILM DOZ REALLY REALLY WELL!!!
sabagenius thumbnail

Originally posted by: Virgo_Stars

ummm...maybe it is hyped up before its released but that's cause karan johar has proved several times that he is a great film maker and people are now expecting him to give them the fine quality movies that he gave them earlier....but i think that hype upto some extent is OK but then a movie should be given a chance to prove itself too....we should not judge a movie, good or bad, before watching it...

Naina

i agree wid u naina 😳

HayeSiyaapa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: niya

πŸ˜‰ Well your entitled to ur own opinion and thats fine...and another movie that I thought was over rated was Fanaa...I was really expecting a good movie par it turned out to be really boring πŸ˜• ...now KANK I think will live up to expectations...but only time will tell naa? πŸ˜†

yea.. i think fanna was way over rated.. i looked forward to it.. but it was rly boring.. n da story wasnt dat good.. it was  not dat good... kank  we will just have to see.. maybe it ll maybe it wot

Swar_Raj thumbnail
So far the music KANK is boring. I loved the songs of Fanna. have not seen Fanna, Krrish or KANK so donot know about movie yet
Parachute. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pyaari_puja

yea.. i think fanna was way over rated.. i looked forward to it.. but it was rly boring.. n da story wasnt dat good.. it was not dat good... kank we will just have to see.. maybe it ll maybe it wot

Yea...but I suppose the story was different but still presented in a boring way...the first half was way beta than the second...all the shayeri and all was awesome πŸ˜‰ ...and I think Kank's music is great...especially Mitwa...I lub that song!! 😳
sq174121 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Do you guys think that the movie is overhyped already?

yep!!definitley!

Are all Shahrukh and Karan Johar's movies overhyped?πŸ€”

nearly..most of them r.

Is it a declared hit already?

noway!!who says so..just cuz its a johar prod n every top actor is in it doesnt mean its a hit!