A CUTE TALE ON SITA GARLANDING RAM

Stalwart. thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
SITA GARLANDS RAM SUCCESSFULLY๐Ÿ˜ณ

Sita was Janaka's foster daughter. He had another daughter by name Urmila. His brother Kushadwaja also had two daughters by name Mandavi and Srutakeerthi. With the consent of King Dasaratha, it was decided that the four brides would be given in marriage to the four brothers. Dasaratha was happy that all his four sons who were born on the same day were getting married on the same day and same time. The marriage function was celebrated in all grandeur.

Sweet notes of auspicious music reverberated in the air. The Vedic priests chanted the sacred mantras full-throated and blessed the couples. King Dasaratha shed tears of joy. Everyone was filled with divine bliss watching the marriage proceedings.

It is customary during the occasion that the bride and the bridegroom exchange garlands. Sita had to garland Rama first, before the other brides could garland their respective bridegrooms. Sita, being short in stature(THAT MEANS NOT AS TALL AS RAMA), could not garland Rama who was ajanubahu (tall personality). Unless Rama bent His head before Sita, she could not garland Him. But He did not want to bend His head lest people should blame Him for not maintaining the honour of His lineage. Unable to garland Rama, Sita was holding the garland in her hand for a long time.
There is another secret in this act of Rama. Lakshmana was the incarnation of Adisesha, who carried the mother earth on his hood. Rama looked at Lakshmana as if to say, "Look, why don't you raise that part of the earth where Sita is standing to enable her to garland Me?" Then Lakshmana indicated to Rama that it was not possible to raise any particular area. If he tried to raise that part of the earth where Sita was standing, simultaneously Rama would be raised and so also others.

Lakshmana, being endowed with intelligence, thought of a plan to solve the problem. All of a sudden, he fell at the feet of Rama and did not get up for a long time. Rama had to bend to lift Lakshmana up. Sita seized the opportunity and lost no time in garlanding Rama. Then the other three brides garlanded their respective grooms. The four brothers and their brides shone like brilliant gemstones. The onlookers shed tears of joy watching the grand spectacle.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Cute story! Thanks for sharing Krishna.

Do you know which version this is from? I never heard of it before.๐Ÿ˜ฒ
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow, I've never heard of this either, but it really is a cute tale! Thanks for sharing! :)
Stalwart. thumbnail

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Cute story! Thanks for sharing Krishna.

Do you know which version this is from? I never heard of it before.๐Ÿ˜ฒ

I found it while googling for Lakshman tales...from Ram Navami Discourse of an Organisation I guess๐Ÿค”
bhakti2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wah - so cute story!  Thank you so much for posting.

I am always appreciating any nice stories about Lakshman as I think he is one of the most interesting characters of Ramayan. His characteristics are so much human - Sri Ram and Sitaji are the perfect ideals of human life and Lakshmanji is more the way we really are each day๐Ÿ˜›!  (Except we also need sleep and food and don't have divyastras - so not exactly like us too hai na?๐Ÿ˜†)
Stalwart. thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhakti2

Wah - so cute story!  Thank you so much for posting.

I am always appreciating any nice stories about Lakshman as I think he is one of the most interesting characters of Ramayan. His characteristics are so much human - Sri Ram and Sitaji are the perfect ideals of human life and Lakshmanji is more the way we really are each day๐Ÿ˜›!  (Except we also need sleep and food and don't have divyastras - so not exactly like us too hai na?๐Ÿ˜†)

HAHAHA...TRUE...BUT ONE MORE  HIS "SUPER HUMAN CONTROL OF SENSES"!๐Ÿ˜†

FOR STORIES OF LAKSHMAN!!! IF YOU LIKE TO YOU CAN VISIT THIS - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3297546๐Ÿ˜ณ
bhakti2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Krishni51

HAHAHA...TRUE...BUT ONE MORE  HIS "SUPER HUMAN CONTROL OF SENSES"!๐Ÿ˜†

FOR STORIES OF LAKSHMAN!!! IF YOU LIKE TO YOU CAN VISIT THIS - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3297546๐Ÿ˜ณ

Arrey wah - Lakshman stories!!  Thank you so much yaar I will go to look!
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Really a very beautiful story you have shared! Will surely click the link for more stories ๐Ÿ˜Š
eyeofnewt thumbnail
Thanks for sharing. Do you know what version of the Ramayan this is from?
Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail
Aww what a cute story! Thank you for sharing it here, and also the link to other Lakshmana stories...I have a very soft spot for him in my heart! ๐Ÿ˜ณ