Mujhse Kuchh Kehti...Yeh Khamoshiyaan

Sai Deodhar's Interview on Producing Khamoshiyaan

EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Sai 'Khamosiyaan' Deodhar confesses that 'co-producing' a show is not an easy task

Talented actor Sai Deodhar (Saara Akaash) who has donned the hat of a producer with Star Plus's show Mujhse Kuchh Kehti...Yeh Khamoshiyaan in association with Ila Bedi Datta (Trilogy Krikos) accepts that it is a tough job to work with someone else (co production) .

"But with Khamosiyaan we have clear-cut demarcated roles i.e. we deal with the creative aspects of the show. While they (Krikos) handle the production side of things'so end of the day it works fine," said Sai.

She smartly dodged the question of whether the recent financial difficulties which Trilogy Krikos faced affected the show in anyways. "We never get into what they do and I guess that works better."

Sai also was full of kudos for Star Plus for the way the numero uno GEC channel has promoted Khamoshiyaan. "Gauri Bhonsle (lead character) is also over the place. They have always done superb promotion. In my case, I was introduced with much fanfare as an actor when they had launched me in Saara Akaash as well. In fact, that air force back drop show is still remembered in Star for its excellent marketing campaign."

Talking about the Maharashtra backdrop of her show, Sai being a Maharastrian herself shared, "I feel that my community has not been properly portrayed on national television. We are always shown as vada pav eating chawl dwellers. This is not the case at all. There are very affluent sections as well called Marathas. These guys have a rich heritage just as the Rajputs of Rajasthan. They are also very regal in their ways and always refer to each other as aap. We have taken this community as a backdrop. "

However she does not feel that Star Plus is only trying to target this important West Indian state. "Human emotions are always pan India and pan Asia' right."

Find out much more what Sai said in a detailed interview very soon.

Edited by AbandonedRiddle - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..-Ayesshhaa-.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
It's already posted but still TFS! =)
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3296031