shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

Ghost roles fascinate him!

Though Ekta Kapoor has never offered him a role, Sumeet Raghavan says he would never do a Balaji serial. "They are completely out of touch with reality," he says. He would have loved to be a part of Hats Off Production's Baa Bahu Aur Baby but unfortunately there was no role for him.

"But I was really happy to work in their sitcom Sarabhai Vs. Sarabhai," says Sumeet who is also happy to be part of B. P. Singh's shriller Akela. "I am playing a dead cop who helps protagonist Ranvir, played by Sudhanshu Pande, fight against crime and criminals." Since he is playing a ghost, does he believe in spirits? "Of course I do. If there is God who is a positive force then there ought to be a negative force. If the role is good I won't mind playing a ghost again," he laughs.

Unlike other actors who harbour dreams of working in films Sumeet is not looking at films at all. "Frankly I have never tried for films. I was offered Ghoom by MTV and since I liked the script I did the film," he confesses. He is happy doing Akela but Sumeet is really looking forward to the second season of Sarabhai Vs. Sarabhai in August.