Frequent Posters

Tinacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Thanks for the Narsimha link Hema. πŸ˜ƒ
MrToolConfuser thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I guess they're clearing that fact about Bali's statement being pehlad's family member . The story and specially little angel's expressions was πŸ‘πŸΌawsome.Edited by MrToolConfuser - 11 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
So next week too 45 mins epi. Their ME schedule must have got good response.
Narsimha avatar's story is told by Shivji as it happened before Kurma avatar, hope that clears the doubt of many of Bali shown here is Prhlad's grandson only.
foram. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mnx12

<div></div>Narsimha avatar's story is told by Shivji as it happened before Kurma avatar, hope that clears the doubt of manyof Bali shown here is Prhlad's grandson only.

πŸ˜• but others are saying that kuma avtar was before narshimha
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: foram.

πŸ˜• but others are saying that kuma avtar was before narshimha

many things in our puranas are not given in poper order of time, that's why all this confusion is created, may be they are showing Hiranyakashyap's story to clear that doubt.
Shrimad Bhagvat mentions Vishnuji's Kurma avatar before Narsimha avatar. The same Shrimad Bhagvat in it's 8th Skandha mentions Bali as Parhlad's grandson during Samudra manthan where Kurma avatar is taken by Vishnuji.
Rahu is Simhika's son, who was Hiranyakashyapu's sister (at some place she is given as his daughter). Rahu had 100 brothers & a sister Mahishmati. If Rahu can exist then even Bali as Prahlad's grand son exist too during Samudra manthan.
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@Minaxi, can you please post some mantras or shlokas on narsimha?
DeewaniRimi thumbnail
Hey Shruti,Vaarali,Jayshree,Minaxi and Nandini thanks for your detailed discussions on Narasimha Avatar.But can anyone tell me the Hiranyaksh Story,please??It may be related to Varaha Avatar??
LeadNitrate thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

Narsimha avatar's story is told by Shivji as it happened before Kurma avatar, hope that clears the doubt of many of Bali shown here is Prhlad's grandson only.

Thanks minu, but I mostly know the order of avatar follow the evolution chain, matsya kurma baraha and nrishingha bamana. So bali will be prahlad's grandson and he will be dominated in vamana Avatar.

And actually I thought Bali being brought in was typical DKDM time warp. Can you verify if Bali indeed led the asura's during manthan? I knew it as  he did not, also because he was not the king of asuras but he was the king of the daityas. and Samudra manthan does not have any  asura leader name mentioned.

BTW: Vishnu gave Uchhaisrava to Bali, but didn't all the findings go to the Devatas in one pretext of other. uchhaisrava went to Vishnu right? And also rahu disguised as a Deva coz Vishnu in Mohini avatar was  skillfully distributing entire amrit to Devas.
This is what I remember.
LeadNitrate thumbnail

Originally posted by: mrmrfrevr

Hey Shruti,Vaarali,Jayshree,Minaxi and Nandini thanks for your detailed discussions on Narasimha Avatar.But can anyone tell me the Hiranyaksh Story,please??It may be related to Varaha Avatar??

What i remember, Hiranakysa had a boon he could not be killed on land and with weapons, and by humans.

hence Vishnu took Baraha roopam, pinned him and took him down deep into ocean and tore his guts out with the big teeth.

Thats specifically the reason hiranyakashipu asked of brahma, not to be killed by any of his creation.
nrishima was neither animal nor human but a hybrid.
LeadNitrate thumbnail

Originally posted by: varaali

This is the exact boon Hiranyakashipu  asked from Brahma [ Srimad Bhagavatham ,Skanda 7, Adhyaya 3 verses 35- 38]

O my lord, O best of the givers of benediction, if you will kindly grant me the benediction I desire, please let me not meet death from any of the living entities created by you.

Grant me that I not die within any residence or outside any residence, during the daytime or at night, nor on the ground or in the sky. Grant me that my death not be brought by any being other than those created by you, nor by any weapon, nor by any human being or animal.

Grant me that I not meet death from any entity, living or nonliving. Grant me, further, that I not be killed by any demigod or demon or by any great snake from the lower planets. Since no one can kill you in the battlefield, you have no competitor. Therefore, grant me the benediction that I too may have no rival. Give me sole lordship over all the living entities and presiding deities, and give me all the glories obtained by that position. Furthermore, give me all the mystic powers attained by long austerities and the practice of yoga, for these cannot be lost at any time.

Thanks a lot for this post.
This whole description of pointing out all possible flaws shows the awesomeness of Vishnu. he effectively countered all that came on the top of hiranyaKshipu's head.