Safe&Sound OS (Viraat and Maanvi) A Note page 3

SmileXD thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Safe&Sound

No more running. No where to run. No hope of escaping. And yet I whispered, 

'I'll keep you safe'

She nodded taking my hand in to hers, as we slid deep under the blanket which stood as our only cover.

My eyes started to sting; my nostrils flared; something was burning. 

I pulled her closer; fear never unsettled me before as it did now. Every nerve, every cell, every sense was on alert. They were coming closer, the burning now so dangerously filled the air that it swarmed in through my airways and blocked up my lungs. 

It was the burning of the flames from their torches. 

'Viraat,' she whimpered. 

I didn't need to look at her to know that tears streamed down her cheeks; to know that her lips quivered; to know that she was frightened out of her wits. 

I hushed her slowly, 'You'll be alright.'

Dead bodies flashed before my eyes. The corpses which were made, and the lives of which were lost in this brutal war of give and take. 

I remembered she once said, 'Don't you ever leave me here alone.'

Did it matter that I vowed to never let her go? What if I let myself go instead? 

'Are they coming?'

Her alarmed voice brought me back. 

'Just close your eyes,' I said reassuringly, my gaze steady on the door. 

They would enter any minute now and I had nothing but my bare fists to protect her with. I pulled her closer to me, using my body to shield her entirely. Her warmth instantly radiated in to mine and the iciness which once made up the very insides of my body melted in her embrace. 

Only she had enough warmth to do that. Only she had enough love to turn the venom which ran through my veins in to blood. She was enough; 

To make me love her.

And I knew if I had to die to protect her,

I would.

Footsteps were nearing; my grip around her tightened. Raged voices were booming and I knew I had no choice.

I finally posited my gaze on her. My hands traced every part of her face; from her forehand, down her cheekbone, up to her eyes then back down her nose and finally to the bridge above her lips. 

'Maanvi,' I murmured.

Her eyes stayed shut as I leaned towards her lips. I called out her name again, this time in desperation, but she kept her eyes shut. I took hold of her neck delicately and placed my lips on hers. 

I kissed her tenderly, not harshly. I didn't want to regret what I was about to do next.

She held on to me, and I felt her tears trace its way down my hand. I released myself from her before it became to difficult to let go. 

I looked at her face, her eyes still closed. 'No one can hurt you now,' I promised. 

I stood up just as her eyelids begun to flutter. Without looking back at her, I lifted the blanket off me but still made sure she was covered.

The door bang open and the Prowarriors barged in. 

'Looking for me?' I challenged. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Note: 

Prowarriors : Protection Warriors - unlike their title, these self claimed warriors did everything but protecting. 

Why the sudden OS? 

Just listened to Safe&Sound by Taylor Swift and remembered how much I loved reading The Hunger Games thus the reason behind this OS. This was written in the a very, very short time span so it might not make any sense at all and apologise for wasting your time if that was the case.

Take care, I am in need of urgent sleep.
-Ava
:)
Edited by SmileXD - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
I'll be honest okay?
I really don't what others are talking about, hunger games? This is the first time I'm  coming across this thing. * scratches her head*. That is the reason I guess, I couldn't connect well with the story but alas I've listened to the song "Safe and Sound" the lyrics of the song is so much apt to the story. I loved the emotions you portrayed, at first Virat did have some fear but at last he was ready to face every darn prick to fight for Manvi 😛! You're really a gem of the writers but I've a request can you make a second part to this thing? Only if you think that's considerable!

Edited by ITrustMyHeart - 11 years ago
__Aarti__ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
awesome !!!!!

Edited by __Aarti__ - 11 years ago
preethis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
woww very nice dear... loved it... 
Delena-cious thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
that was really ... m outta words really! beautifully written OS. would love to read some more of it if u are planning to continue that is.

beautifully written 🤗
say_cheese thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awesome ! how do u do that !! 
loved its ever bit..
virman-fan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
awesome job
well written
..Ankita.. thumbnail
Can I just say 'I love you' first for writing a song inspired by T. Swift? That too Safe and Sound...❤️
I was listening to the song while reading your OS, and the scene fit so perfectly...I can't tell you in words, how close to perfection it was.
I could imagine all that you have written (being a huge Hunger Games fan myself) and the delicacy of the situation, the fear, the courage that emerged...beautifully portrayed!
Hats off to you for such an amazing piece of writing 👏
Edited by ..Ankita.. - 11 years ago
MadhuChowdary thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
it was wonderful...i loved it...thank u so much for this OS...
.albatross. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Oh My...Oh Myyy Myyy... Fanning myself. I love...love...love times 1000 the Hunger Games sooo much. I mean you just...like read my mind. And I love the song Safe&Sound. Taylor Swift's voice is so soothing.

Now coming to the OS. It's beautifully written. Definetely write a second part- and PM me if you do😉

Love Disha