Critical Analysis of Madhubala Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

Posted: 11 years ago

This show started as a show based on Passionate Love Story with Film Faternity as a backdrop...and the name of the show was Kathputli which changed just few days before the show hit on air to Madhubala Ek Ishq Ek Junoon...it doesnt mean the theme of the show changed...the show was about how a simple girl called Madhu who had no high dreams for herself and wanted a simple life...she always wanted to stay away from film indutry but she falls in love with Superstar RK and ends up becoming a heroine as per his wishes and against her own wishes...thats how the name KATHPUTLI came and the show looked in the starting...RK's Love was described by himself as "AAG KA DARIYA"...remember RK making Madhu and Trishna's clay models and saying - CHALO BHAGWAAN-BHAGWAAN KHELE!
But somehow the story of a simple girl did not go well with audience esp.the Mukund track...the TRPs went down...
So then the makers changed the track a bit...they did their Tried and Tested Formula which works in thier every show that is Force marriage and Love-Hate track ๐Ÿ˜†...now the TRPs were high so they dont wanna change the track...

Then they thought what does audience like in these actors?...and they started making them do what they were famous for...๐Ÿ˜†

I cud feel Abhay in RK...he started saying dialogs like Abhay and i am sure all PKYEK fans will agree that RK acts like Abhay now - being an angel, protecting her but hiding it, taking all blames, bajaoing everyone from A to Z - all qualities of Abhay, isnt it?...even some Scenes and Songs (Raat Akeli) were inspired directly...now this Dream Love confession of Madhu - again same like happened with Pia...also Madhu is so much like Pia at times - stalking, questioning, not able to understand him - all qualities of Pia, isnt it?...and RK like Abhay wont confess that he loves her until she keeps a knief on his neck and tell him - Say that u Love me (not literally but u know what i mean ๐Ÿ˜†)

Also Geet is famous for doing emotional scenes and though i have never watched that show but heard that she is really good in emotional and crying scenes...and Drashti said it herself in interview that she is phD in crying ๐Ÿ˜†...so i guess thats why she gets lots of senti wale scenes here too

Well the question is - does the Film faternity track still hold true in this show? the Forced Stardom and Kathputli track? Does the show look the same how it started?...well i dont think so...when Saurabh Tiwari (the Producer of the show) was questioned recently abt the theme of this show, his new definition was "Its a Love Story with Family drama as backdrop"
LOL the definition changed, aahaan?! ๐Ÿ˜†

PS: this is my POV...if u cant take it then no need to come and fight here...rest r welcome to give their opinion in a peaceful way and take it lightly in a fun way
Edited by Nishi.Singh - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Thanks for this post Nishi.

Instead of enjoying the show at it's pace - ppl want MB film track.
I'd say I'd prefer no film track for her.

Yes true RK is alot like Abhay, DD/ MB - no comments.

SheDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
LOL I have a feeling ki yeh post band ho jaayega๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

I agree wid u RK do remind me of Abhay.I mean he is as charming as Abhay,he is angel,show other how evil he is but has gud jeart,he can bajao any1 wid his one liners,he evn bajao his heroine jst lke Abhay & oops wht a coincidence dono role Vivu nai play kiye thai๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

where as Madhu is jst lke Pia.U know stalking, questioning & LOL Pia ki tarah RK ko jail bhi bhej chuki hai though Abhay ko 1 sec jail mai rokna was impossible but yahan Madhu nai RK ko 4 din sasyural bhej diya & I wont b shock agar kal ko jst lke Pia Madhu shout 'Confess u love me RK else I'll send u in jail'๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Now 4 theme evn I doubt CVs ka focus film industry pai hai.LOL RK the superstar toh shooting ja nhi rha toh Madhu bala kya khaak heroine banegi๐Ÿ˜†

P- Jst my view so NO OFFENCE๐Ÿ˜†

-SexyAngel- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Well even i think that it changed from what it initially was ๐Ÿค” personally the thing that got me hooked in the show even before it started was the whole concept of 'aag ka dariya' tagline ๐Ÿ˜Ž but as the show kept going yep i agree the track itself somehow changed ๐Ÿ˜ณ i dont know wat to predict as its a very unpredictable show ๐Ÿคฃ track hi change hogayi ๐Ÿคฃ but i think if the whole thing with film industry comes then it wont make sense anymore ๐Ÿค“ i mean now its kind of too late (in my POV)... and they r married and u can tell madhu fell for RK so how will she become an actress against her wishes if she loves him ๐Ÿค“ and if she does toh pati patni dono actor and actress honge ๐Ÿค” This will be like a big turn from what the concept is now ๐Ÿ˜ณ No offense... i love lovestories but not hating loving ones but more of passionate and dark love story ๐Ÿฅฑ yeh kidar se dark hai  ๐Ÿคฃ And RK reminds me of abhay too โ˜บ๏ธ pehle pehle attitude aur phir saala chupatha hai his caring side โ˜บ๏ธ but Abhay is my dark angel ๐Ÿ˜ณ and RK is like my bad boy ๐Ÿ˜ณ
MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
i think the script of dis show is changed now and i don't see Madhu becuming Heroine in near future๐Ÿ˜† Dis show has completely becum family drama now...Pehle toh madhu ko sets ke darshaan hotein bhi ab toh woh bhi dikhayi nehi deta usse๐Ÿคฃ she only used in crying buckets๐Ÿฅฑ..she shud be proud dat is a Superstar's wife...๐Ÿ˜† Ofcourse, Rk is the main character who is making dis show watchable and interesting๐Ÿ‘ and yup..abhay ki tarah topclass BBB Master bhi hain๐Ÿ˜†...rest Dips is awsum...her latest Seductive Avatar was killer The cv's shud concentrate on her more in these stuffs and not by involving her in kitchen politics๐Ÿ˜† anyways...i m eagerly waiting to see how Cv's cums up with a track wen VD will be busy in his Shaadi๐Ÿ˜† dekhtein hain Rk ke bina kitna High Trp aata hain๐Ÿ˜† Edited by Heart_Breaker - 11 years ago
Res coming later ๐Ÿ˜†

Family drama, kitchen politics... means all kind of bakwaas bring TRP's so obviously they will change the script ๐Ÿ˜† And if they think they can bring Abhay back in RK then they have to change lot of things ๐Ÿ˜† Both are BBB master, arrogant, heartless... atleast that's what they want to show... but Abhay was always ready to behave like a savior from the starting no matter how angry young man he was and RK was shown as the bad boy always ready for revenge... Now he is "trying to behave like Abhay" ๐Ÿฅฑ I prefer RK as the bad boy than a sweet boy playing with biwi's dupatta ๐Ÿฅฑ Madhu as Piya ๐Ÿคฃ Yeah but Piya thodi kaam roti thi ๐Ÿคฃ She is defo Geet ๐Ÿคฃ They are even showing her as the bubbly girl ๐Ÿคฃ

Now they want a love story and family drama like other shows... Isi liye RK has also stopped going for shooting ๐Ÿคฃ

Haas maat I forgot what I wanted to say actually... ๐Ÿค” Is liye kuch bhi likh diya ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ณ Nahin meine pee nahin rakhi ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by Coeur2PsychoFMS - 11 years ago
leelaa9 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Nishi.Singh

This show started as a show based on Passionate Love Story with Film Faternity as a backdrop...and the name of the show was Kathputli which changed just few days before the show hit on air to Madhubala Ek Ishq Ek Junoon...it doesnt mean the theme of the show changed...the show was about how a simple girl called Madhu who had no high dreams for herself and wanted a simple life...she always wanted to stay away from film indutry but she falls in love with Superstar RK and ends up becoming a heroine as per his wishes and against her own wishes...thats how the name KATHPUTLI came and the show looked in the starting...RK's Love was described by himself as "AAG KA DARIYA"...remember RK making Madhu and Trishna's clay models and saying - CHALO BHAGWAAN-BHAGWAAN KHELE!
But somehow the story of a simple girl did not go well with audience esp.the Mukund track...the TRPs went down...
So then the makers changed the track a bit...they did their Tried and Tested Formula which works in thier every show that is Force marriage and Love-Hate track ๐Ÿ˜†...now the TRPs were high so they dont wanna change the track...

Then they thought what does audience like in these actors?...and they started making them do what they were famous for...๐Ÿ˜†

I cud feel Abhay in RK...he started saying dialogs like Abhay and i am sure all PKYEK fans will agree that RK acts like Abhay now - being an angel, protecting her but hiding it, taking all blames, bajaoing everyone from A to Z - all qualities of Abhay, isnt it?...even some Scenes and Songs (Raat Akeli) were inspired directly...now this Dream Love confession of Madhu - again same like happened with Pia...also Madhu is so much like Pia at times - stalking, questioning, not able to understand him - all qualities of Pia, isnt it?...and RK like Abhay wont confess that he loves her until she keeps a knief on his neck and tell him - Say that u Love me (not literally but u know what i mean ๐Ÿ˜†)

Also Geet is famous for doing emotional scenes and though i have never watched that show but heard that she is really good in emotional and crying scenes...and Drashti said it herself in interview that she is phD in crying ๐Ÿ˜†...so i guess thats why she gets lots of senti wale scenes here too

Well the question is - does the Film faternity track still hold true in this show? the Forced Stardom and Kathputli track? Does the show look the same how it started?...well i dont think so...when Saurabh Tiwari (the Producer of the show) was questioned recently abt the theme of this show, his new definition was "Its a Love Story with Family drama as backdrop"
LOL the definition changed, aahaan?! ๐Ÿ˜†

PS: this is my POV...if u cant take it then no need to come and fight here...rest r welcome to give their opinion in a peaceful way and take it lightly in a fun way

Love the way you've set out the the points, Nishi, though I don't agree entirely.๐Ÿ˜ƒ
It was always supposed to be a love-story combined with family-drama combined with the stardom track.๐Ÿ˜Š I just don't think the stardom track will happen for quite a while yet.๐Ÿ˜ณ
The Rishbala love and passion story and a very different version of Pygmalion-Galatea are always going to be the focus. 'Ek Ishq Ek Junoon'. At least I *hope* so.๐Ÿ˜›
Dark_Chocolate thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nowadays RK really behaves lyk Abhay...he ll save Madhu from all d mess...he already cares for her...n I'm sure he ll go into tyagi mode lyk Abhay soon
I dont know much about Geet as I never watched it๐Ÿ˜ณ
bt now I think d show z more about ishq n junoon rather dan film faternity๐Ÿ˜›...so even if Madhu becomes actress dat ll take some time
nice post๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Originally posted by: carisma2

Thanks for this post Nishi.

Instead of enjoying the show at it's pace - ppl want MB film track.
I'd say I'd prefer no film track for her.

Yes true RK is alot like Abhay, DD/ MB - no comments.

yup thats what i m saying, have no expectations from this show ๐Ÿ˜†
they have changed a track alot according to actors ๐Ÿ˜†
carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
To be honest,
I can't care much for the script of the show.. bec I have reached a point where I am solely watching for RK/VD. I am a performance person and I only see RK dishing performance to my satisfaction - Hence the others don't attract or divert my eyes towards them.

Though Seema Mishra - I enjoy her Performance - The woman can ACT! Fact!