Aphrodite88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Guys my letter that I sent to Star Plus and the whole management committee!
Did they reply to anyone's email?
Please let me know! 

To The Respected Authority,

I am an ardent fan of the drama Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon for a very long time. As of now, from what I know the lead actor Barun Sobti is going on a break and all the sources have confirmed it is indeed not a break but he is infact quitting the show. For me and as well as for many others, the show can only run with Barun and Sanaya as the leading pair, anyone else is strictly not permitted. I want Barun Sobti to continue his stay in the show, and my last resort is Star Plus. Please take the necessary measures and retain Barun and change the storyline! We do not want a third lead to romance Sanaya and Barun to be sidelined and then fizzled out. Attached below is another email which I sent earlier to Star Plus to which i have yet to get a response! Please do something. I feel like a cheated viewer because of the channel's promise that Barun is indeed not leaving and the production house's incompetency to clear our rumours when it started. Thank goodness I have not yet subscribed to Star Plus channel which was supposed to do yesterday. There is nothing else left for me to watch if Barun leaves as my ASR is completely ruined and I am not going to pay money and subscription fees to watch Sanaya romance another guy(that will be intolerable).

Yours Sincerely
A cheated viewer

Dear Respected Star Plus,

You may have no idea who i am. Out of the millions of viewers who watch the sensational drama Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, I am sadly one of them. I am not a North Indian, neither do i speak Punjabi or Hindi nor have I ever watched an Indian drama with such passion, love and vigour nor am I from India. My first and only ever drama will only be Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, nothing else ever comes close enough to it. I came across this show at the end of May 2012 and the love, passion and intense hate of the storyline hooked me to it. The star cast made the characters come alive for me. There is no one else who can portray my great, Almighty Arnav Singh Raizada except Barun Sobti and there is no one who can portray my fiesty, loveable Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada like Sanaya Irani. Without any one of them, there is no show for me!

Not only did the script writers lived these two characters, not only did the directors, actor, actress and crew breathe life into the two characters, but i can speak on behalf of the millions of viewers of this show that everyday, all the 24 hours, every minute, every second,every millisecond there is one person who speaks about the show, the characters, discuss the episodes, write Fan Fictions, analyse and decode the hints present in the show. For every person who loved this show, the show altered their entire lives.

You may ask me that I am a fan who only started to watch the show from May onwards, why am I feeling so upset and passionate about it compared to viewers who were with the show since its beginning. I am passionate about the show because since May, I spent every waking moment to watch all the episodes from its start till the kidnapping track within 3 weeks. I neglected my family, friends and personal life just to watch the all the episode finish and to continue watching the episodes when it aired. As a viewer who vested so much of my time in this show till now neglecting my family, friends and personal life, i feel cheated!! The channel gave false hopes to keep their business intact, the producers have a new baby in their hands to care for, and my show that i breathe, dream and fantasize about is getting a stepmother treatment.

When the worst track of the show was going on (Didikisaut), I watched it without any complaints because my Arnav and Khushi were there together. For the past 1.5 years, the viewers were presented a star-crossed love story between Arnav and Khushi, why would I for the matter want to see my Khushi romancing some other lead actor? Is this your Nayi Soch, if it is, honestly I am baffled!

When fellow fans claimed that Arnav's and Khushi's love is fairytale romance, I disagreed with them stating that it is not a fairytale romance but a star-crossed love story. Now I am left thinking and cursing my luck as to why I disagreed. At least, in fairytales the hero and the heroine live happily ever after, and even in a star-crossed love story the hero and the heroine pass away together, but what do I get here? The husband and wife romance a third person...i did not sign up for this.

Do you know something? When the viewers of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon have their own children and grandchildren or even great-granchildren, they are not going to tell bedtime stories about Cinderella, Snow White or Peter Pan. They are going to enact and tell the love story between The Shaitan and The Sundari, the Raakshas, the Laad Governor who made the Sanka Devi, Titalya's life miserable and then was not able to let her go and fell madly in love with her. This story about Arnav and Khushi is what viewers are telling their babies and will tell their babies, henceforth. Because we love and live the story, the characters as part of our lives. There was a person who gave birth recently and she named her baby daughter Khushi. This is the impact of the show on us viewers.

What are you doing to my baby, my drama? I do not even know whether the respected authority will read this letter or not. You may not even care for the tears that I am shedding while writing this letter. All I want to say is thatI do not want to see
1) My Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada romancing anyone else except Arnav
2) My Arnav Singh Raizada to elope with Sheetal (yuck!)
3) If all the actors want a break, then pleas grant them a break, allow the scriptwriters to revamp the tracks, come up with good ones and then restart the drama again. And until then retelecast the past episodes, and trust me even with only the past episodes, you will witness the TRPs rise more than your TRP-pulling shows. Thats the chram of my Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon drama.

As much as I am upset, angry, sad about the current offscreen drama that is taking place this very minute, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you how much you are appreciated for telecasting such a one in a lifetime show ever! For this I will ever be grateful to you.

And on a parting note, I convinced my parents to subscribe to Star Plus to watch this show on Television, but I will put the decision on hold for now. Until I am convinced that Barun Sobti will make a comeback as Arnav Singh Raizada again into the drama, and I am promised that the show will go on for at least a year more by you and the producers of the show, I will be an internet medium viewer rather than a Television one.

Yours Tearfully
An Ardent Fan of Arshi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shruti21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
do tell if u get a reply..
spoorthi thumbnail
i mailed them many times ,but didn't get any reply😡
Aphrodite88 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shruti21

do tell if u get a reply..

Sure!
am very upset right now!
hopefully they reply soon!!
Aphrodite88 thumbnail

Originally posted by: spoorthi

i mailed them many times ,but didn't get any reply😡

Nobody is replying!
Not even the 'response' email person!
i dont know what to do!!
spoorthi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aphrodite88

Nobody is replying!
Not even the 'response' email person!
i dont know what to do!!

its been almost 20 times i have mailed them since morning ,they are not responding ,its pathetic
Edited by spoorthi - 11 years ago
Aphrodite88 thumbnail

Originally posted by: spoorthi

its been almost 20 times i have mailed them since morning ,they are not responding ,its pathetic

i honestly have no idea what is happening
all i know is barun said he is leaving which equals to quitting
and all those people who are calling SP are getting the answers that its all rumours and that Barun is not quitting
AngryAngryAngryAngry
can someone for once be open about the statement!!!!!
is it too much to ask for?
I send them one too...but they haven't replied yet. I am still waiting..
Aphrodite88 thumbnail

Originally posted by: iria

I send them one too...but they haven't replied yet. I am still waiting..

i have been sending them for the whole week but no replies
have they also closed shop??🤢

Originally posted by: Aphrodite88

i have been sending them for the whole week but no replies
have they also closed shop??🤢

They'll shut shop soon if they don't retain Barun...don't think the fans will let go easily😆