Frequent Posters

Mehek25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Thanx for the much-needed post. 
Rupunzale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
As far as I know Bigamy is a crime in India. But, can someone please clarify me the Muslim marriage laws...in Qubool hai it's shown that Rashid is married to both Dilshad and Shireen...isn't a divorce required to marry a second time or its allowed ?
Isn't it considered as bigamy?

Can someone please explain this ?
hukshila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Shifali, i appreciate it, i m not active on this forum but i came to know by one of my friend that on this forum people do relate every thing from Islam which is not true, many things what the leads are doing is not a part of Islam but as this is a show and the writers have not done a PHD on Islam to tell the truth about it. so it was much needed to tell people not to mix up culture and religion. NO doubt that Islam deals in every part of life. Religion and the world are not separate for us. However, many Muslims made religion and world separate following the western culture and that can also be seen in this show. For Example in Islam, Knowledge is so much important, we can know the importance of knowledge by the first revelation of Islam on Prophet Mohammad Peace be Upon Him, when Angle Gabriel brought Allah's first message he said

Recite in the name of your Lord who created -Created man from a clinging substance.Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous -Who taught by the pen -Taught man that which he knew not. (Surah Alaq Verses 1-5)

Here in the show we can see the Nighat's mother in law is asking not to get knowledge which is a contradiction from Islam but many might be taking it as a part of Islam. And i really wonder why they are relating every thing from Islam when they know its a show, I suggest if some one wants to know about islam, its better to go for the religious book "Quran" and not for some show. judging any religion by a show is the worst thing which some one can do. thanks again
hukshila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Rupunzale

As far as I know Bigamy is a crime in India. But, can someone please clarify me the Muslim marriage laws...in Qubool hai it's shown that Rashid is married to both Dilshad and Shireen...isn't a divorce required to marry a second time or its allowed ?
Isn't it considered as bigamy?

Can someone please explain this ?

Bigamy has not been a sin any religion including Hinduism. Later, Church put a ban on bigamy and in india before the THE HINDU MARRIAGE ACT, 1955, bigamy was allowed, its not ban religiously (i keep on studying on comparative religions, NO OFFENSE to any one by saying this please)

Islam does allow bigamy BUT only if some one can do justice with the wives. The people like Rashid in this serial are not allowed for bigamy as Allah restrict bigamy with justice...Leaving some one after marriage for 18 years is a crime in the sight of Allah as the person is supposed to manage both families together and not like this, to leave one wife and the kids without any support and support the next family and the wife only. Bigamy is not must but an option that if some one can do justice and if some one is having a problem like an orphan girl or the one who is not having a supporter, if some one can do justice with two wives can marry with the next girl too.

And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one (Surah Nisa verse 3)
Rupunzale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hukshila

Bigamy has not been a sin any religion including Hinduism. Later, Church put a ban on bigamy and in india before the THE HINDU MARRIAGE ACT, 1955, bigamy was allowed, its not ban religiously (i keep on studying on comparative religions, NO OFFENSE to any one by saying this please)

Islam does allow bigamy BUT only if some one can do justice with the wives. The people like Rashid in this serial are not allowed for bigamy as Allah restrict bigamy with justice...Leaving some one after marriage for 18 years is a crime in the sight of Allah as the person is supposed to manage both families together and not like this, to leave one wife and the kids without any support and support the next family and the wife only. Bigamy is not must but an option that if some one can do justice and if some one is having a problem like an orphan girl or the one who is not having a supporter, if some one can do justice with two wives can marry with the next girl too.

And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of
[other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one (Surah Nisa verse 3)

thanks so much for the information.
Ohmyjerryworld thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thank u  agree with u ðŸ¤—
shesherkobita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
A "family act" law (don't know exact date) permits muslim second marriage ONLY AFTER THE  FIRST WIFE GIVES PERMISSION (this is to ensure both families are treated equally with 1st wife allowing it). But in reality a man (like Rashid ) might prefer one over other (which is NOT the muslim way). We don't know the circumstances under which Rashid married Shireen yet. I guess we will soon find out.

I am muslim and I have never seen or known anyone with 2 families at the same time... so might be very archaic/old system...not widely practiced anymore ( at least not in south east Asia). Usually people divorce and marries some one else. Even after divorce you are supposed to provide for the 1st wife and family (just like any other religion).