Tahzeeb of Asad Ahmed Khan,Thank You note-11

crazy4KASH_AR thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I thought of making this thread the moment I saw Asad and Najma's breakfast scene on November 2,2012.
Asad's speech to Najma about not wearing jeans and going to lounge is bound to form different opinions in our minds about Asad's personality.I'm here to share my views regarding Asad's thinking related to his culture and the possible reasons behind it.

Disclaimer: I don't intend to hurt the sentiments of anyone.The post is quite long and something serious ,so please try to read it with a broader perspective.No offense to any lifestyle,country or religion intended.(There are different schools of thought in every religion,so if anyone thinks that I've made a point about Islam which is not correct according to them then plz feel free to enlighten me so that I can reconfirm it.Within a culture there are certain beliefs which can differ at times as well.)I'm not here to preach you about Islam.I'm here to connect with Asad's character in the light of his Indian Islamic culture

Before delving into the details of Asad and Najma's scene, first let me highlight a few significant points about Islam related to this show and Asad's character.

Now, I'm first highlighting some important aspects of Islam to clear certain points about the Muslim culture.

In Islam, guidance has been given to females that a girl should try not to wear a cloth which symbolizes a man's apparel. But at the same time it's just a guideline, at the end of the day Allah has left everything on the followers. They may follow things they wish for and not follow that they don't. Islam says that it can just advise to follow the right path and never force anyone to do something against his or her wish.
Many Muslim girls wear jeans and personally I don't find anything wrong about it if it is carried out in an elegant manner. However, if one goes by the religious aspect girls are advised to wear clothes in which their body is less/least revealed[Pardah is used because of the same reason because women are believed to be jewels which should be hidden and not put for display. It is said that the more a woman covers herself outside her home, Allah's noor makes her look even more pretty. Pardah gives many people [both Muslim men & women] a protective feeling. However, pardah is also not a compulsion in Islam. Again it is a way of living that is guided to females].

Coming to men, men are also advised to avoid dresses that give a female appearance.

Advising women not to wear men's clothes does not make Islam conservative. It is just an advice given to the females. It does not mean that those Muslim girls who wear Jeans are modern and those who don't are orthodox. Neither it means that those men who believe that girls should not wear modern clothes are conformists and nor does it signify that wearing jeans is wrong.

Different people have different values and different religions have different ideologies. If a thing is advised in a culture, it is obviously for a reason. Sometimes we are able to understand the logic and sometimes we can't. So we should try to look at things with a broader perspective.

Islam has laid great emphasis on protecting women and giving them the rights they deserve. That is why men are given the right to 4 marriages if they can physically and financially support 4 women(Thanks to Fatima for this point). Islam does not allow a man to have a second wife for fun and money. There are strict rules to be followed for the second marriage which is done under hard circumstances for a man or a woman. A man needs to first seek permission from his first wife to marry the second one first of all. There are many rules and I'm not going into the details of it. I just wanted to point out one of the women's rights in Islam which is quite significant for the show.

As Asad said: 'numaish paschim ki ada hai aur sharm purab ka gehna'.
This is what Islam says. It hardly imposes anything.

There was a time in India when women didn't wear western clothes and disapproved it. With passing time, the living style of people changed. So, definitely at some point of time all Indians thought that women should be protected and not wear revealing dresses. But today the thinking has changed. It hardly means that everyone should think like the present times. There can be many people in the young generation too who can have old beliefs in different matters which includes matters other than the attire of women.

Well this was all about Islam and its ideologies according to my point of view. [No intention of offending any religion, custom, tradition or lifestyle is meant].

Tahzeeb is an important word in the lives of all of us.
It is said that to go to heaven you need to behave respectfully with your parents. That is the first thing a child is taught when he starts growing which is to respect everyone around him.

Now coming to Asad and his 'tahzeeb'.

It would not be wrong to say that Asad and tahzeeb(manners/culture) walk hand in hand.
Tahzeeb of Asad Ahmed Khan is something that we all adore a lot. His attitude is so decent that many of us have fallen in love with Asad.

I would like to make few points in relation to this statement from the very first episode.

Asad was introduced in a 'kurta' in the entry scene and was shown helping and caring for blind people. At the same time he had a guitar in hand and sang a song.
It does not mean that all Muslim boys are asked to wear kurta 24*7.There is no such preaching.He is shown in a kurta because Kurta is related to Muslim outfits and a man in kurta is first considered to be a Muslim only.None of us can deny that the Kurta and Guitar combination which has been used, is related to Asad's traditional values with modern thinking exceptionally well.
(For offering namaz it is advised that men should wear trousers/pyjamas/jeans/whatever such that the knees are covered and ankles are exposed. Men and women both can wear western outfits but the outfits need to fall under the defined norms of Islam. Regarding women there is a certain partition that is to be present between the 2 legs of a cloth and the apparels which don't have them are eventually advised not to put on. I can't elaborate further this point in public.In Saudi Arabia during women gatherings,girls wear skirts,jeans and party freely.This clearly states that women are free to wear anything in Islam provided a male above 5 years is not present in that gathering where western clothes are worn by females.Evil eyes can always be a danger for a girl and Islam is quite particular about this thing).

Asad helped the blind child by leading his hand towards the coin and not picking it up and putting in the box. This shows that he thinks everyone is capable enough to handle himself no matter what the circumstances are. It clearly indicated that he is a man of simple living and high thinking.
Then we see Ayaan and Asad together. While on one hand, Ayaan is a big flirt on the other hand Asad is quite serious in life. It was quite amazing to see Asad looking down all the time when Ayaan enjoyed looking at the passing beauties. And then came the lovely dialogue:-"Ayaan kya badtameezi hai". It showed how much he disliked all the flirtatious comments of Ayaan. He frowned and caressed his forehead which showed his embarrassment at Ayaan's open comments to the passing women.

In Islam, it is advised for both men and women that if a stranger guy or girl is passing, one should look down and not gawk shamelessly at the opposite sex. Unless necessary, one should avoid gazing at the opposite sex just for fun. [This is called 'Nazar ka pardah']Asad was following this all the time he spend with his brother. This shows how deeply he follows this saying of his religion.

Next we see Asad going to a mazaar in the attire that was most suitable for the place. And though, Asad wished not to stare at Zoya, his eyes remained glued at her. It might be possible that he felt bad for her watching her in tears. Well, something divine happened at that time that made Asad forget everything for a while and look aimlessly at Zoya. But we saw him soon composing himself.

Thereafter comes the first meeting of Asad and Zoya.
He asked Zoya if she was fine. Zoya in return cursed him without thinking even once. He was standing in a Stand at ease position (gosh I loved his posture soo much) and trying to listen to her patiently. Finally a heated argument happened and when Zoya praised New York, he could help but defend his beloved country.
The moment Zoya cursed men for gawking at women, he could not help but point it out that "Agar ladkiyan apni nazrein neechi rakhke chalein toh unhe aur kisi ki hifazat ki zaroorat nahin padegi".
Well at this point he simply tried to point what he himself does when women walk around him. For Muslims this is the expected behavior for all boys and girls.
This scene was followed by another fight where Zoya cursed Asad and men like him who thought that women are at fault all the time and cursed India and its impositions on women.
I'm sure many of you must have loved the beautiful dialogue of Asad:
"jise aap pabandi keh rahi hain usey hum tahzeeb kehte hain
numaish pashchim ki ada hai , sharm purab ka gehna
Is mulq mein aurtein isi gehne se sajti hain"
This dialogue clearly shows that there is a marked difference between restriction and culture (tahzeeb). Restrictions confine you but culture preaches you.
Asad's dialogue made Zoya speechless for a while who was unable to shut her mouth for even a minute. It showed that she had no comeback point for this statement.
And then we see how nicely he tells Zoya that he does not want to argue with her on her wedding day. Again this shows how much he respects women and cares for everyone…
Moving forward, when he walked away from the hospital and his dad called him beta, even then he didn't talk rudely with him. His voice was painful and he called his father janaab instead of taking his name or using any other word. He definitely didn't wish to offend his father but hearing 'beta' after 17 years from his own selfish father made him utter a sentence that made speechless everyone at that point of time. This shows that he hates his father to the core but can never do something which his ammi has not taught him, that is, disrespecting elders.
Next we see Asad ignoring his mom's requests when they both arrived home and going to his room. And then again we see the obedient son apologizing for his behavior from his ammi. He even agrees for marriage to fulfill his mother's wishes just like a dutiful responsible son.
Finally, I've reached the reason for making this thread.
As many of you have pointed out, Asad is a conservative person. I also agree a bit to it. He a bit reserved kind of person as well.
Asad is a person who was brought up by a single mother.17 years ago when he was abandoned by his father; Asad transformed into a man from a child.
The moment Najma pointed out that "bhaijaan mujhe apne kandhon pe school chodne jaya arte they..." my heart cried out for her.
Asad became a responsible son and a responsible elder brother at an age when he deserved to be carefree and enjoy his childhood.
As it often said, what once learns in childhood from his mom seems to cast an important effect on the attitude of a person.
Asad has seen his mom wearing suits always since childhood. His mom must have taught him all the details about Islam.

The result we have is a very obedient son of Dilshad who respects his mom a lot and tries to follow whatever his mom had taught him.He even agreed to meet his father just for the sake of his mom as he has never disobeyed her.

All the above scenes clearly show that there are different layers of Asad's character and it would take a lot of time unleash the different shades of Asad Ahmed Khan. Sometimes he is a caring brother who gets hurt for saving his STEP-BROTHER and sometimes he is a serious person arguing with a lady because she cursed the women related ideologies of his beloved country(a real patriot,I must say). At times, he is an angry son and at other times he is a sensible friend and son to his ammi who wishes to make his mother at ease after a major incident in their lives.

In all the above scenes, we got a clue about the different aspects of Asad's personality which clearly indicated that he is a man of values. Asad is a person who is proud of his culture and country and at the same time he is quite modern and broad-minded as well

Najma seems to respect her brother a lot and tries to seek permission from him in every matter of hers.
When Najma asked permission from Asad for going out, he agreed at once like a cool brother. But the moment she told him about the timings, protective side of him emerged. He told her that he would pick her and drop as well. I'm sure he must be wishing to do that to check out himself if the place is god enough for his sister or not.
Asad asked Najma not to wear jeans because he must have learned in his growing days that jeans are not an advisable dress for Muslim women.
However, the point which he put across to stop Najma from wearing jeans was simply outstanding. He told her that one becomes modern and old fashioned by mentality and not by attire.
Like Asad, I also feel that if to enter a place one needs to leave back his culture, and then it's better not to go to such a place.
Personally I can't leave my own values and do a thing against my principles just for the sake that others are doing it. So I didn't find anything wrong in Asad denying Najma the permission to wear jeans.
It is a universal truth that all brothers are protective about their sisters like hell. One word to their beloved sister and they get ready to kill someone. So, I really don't blame Asad for being so protective and concerned about his sister. That shows how much he loves her.
The only thing that disturbed me was Asad's advice to Najma to leave friends who wear such western clothes. But upon deep thinking, I got a point to defend this statement of Asad as well. Today Najma wished to wear jeans because all her friends are wearing it and going to lounge for fun. Tomorrow she may ask for something more and the list may go on. Before Najma expressed her 'armaan' to wear jeans Asad never asked her to leave her friend circle .Perhaps, he thought that Najma's friends are having a bad influence and diverting her from the core concepts of Islam. This seems to be the only possible reason for Asad asking his sister to bid goodbye to her friends.Also, I feel that Asad didn't want his sister to change for the sake of pleasing her friends and ignoring her values.Had Najma insisted her beloved bhaijaan that she loves jeans and wishes to wear it badly,I personally feel that eventually Asad might have given into her request.There is always a way to convince others and Najma didn't do the convincing job quite well.Moreover, she seems not mature enough to make her own decisions owing to which she always looks upto her brother for even small things in her life.there is no doubt that Asad is a fatherly figure in Najma's life and at the end of the day Najma is going to turn up to her bhaijaan for making important decisions of her life.Asad has given her freedom and I really appreciate Najma to use her freedom so well.She tried to take her bhaijaan's permission when her ammi didn't have any problem with her request.This shows how much faith she has in Asad.Moreover,Asad would never wish his sister to re-define her personality for fitting into her friends circle and going to a lounge.He would better advise her to go and have fun in clothes in which she is most comfortable. But then again it's my personal point of view.

One of you pointed out that Asad preached what he himself doesn't follow.So here is my explanation.

There is no such norm that men should wear kurta and women should wear suits 24*7 in Islam. Islam approves modernization and welcomes it with open arms but at the same time it asks its followers to remain rooted to the basics. Islam seems to be quite rigid but it is as much flexible as other religions.

Girls can wear whatever they want and same is the case for men. All they have to be careful is about exposure. Revealing bodies shamelessly is not appreciated in any religion. That is why Muslim girls today carry on western clothes with as much grace as they do with the traditional clothes.
Asad didn't preach Najma something which he does not follow.He can go to office in kurta as well and no one is going to question because it's his own officeπŸ˜†. Jokes apart, suits sound better than kurta in office.Suits are formal wears.And muslim men are not asked to roam in kurta 24*7.

Ladies suits are traditional as well as formal wears[For those who don't know this].If a certain thing is advised in Islam and knowing Asad we have seen how much he values his culture and the teachings of his mom,his denial for jeans was quite expected.He did not do a crime by asking his sister not to go to lounge in jeans.Suit may not be the best attire for a lounge but wearing it won't be a crime.Asad knows this very well and that is why he didn't grant permission to Najma for wearing jeans.
Again this is my personal point of view again regarding Asad's reasons for denial,so please don't get offended.
Mind it one can't offer namaz in jeans because the certain expected clause of the women's apparel is missing.

Personally I feel who can prevent you from going in suits in discos and lounges if you wish for.Right to religion is given to all of us in the country. I disgust the idea of leaving my values and dressing up in something which my conscience does not allows for the sake of my friends..We all are independent and we should dress to please our actual self and not others.Asad knows his sister very well.He knows that Najma can never be at ease in a dress she has never put on in her adult life and enjoy with friends at the same time.His advise was not completely wrong for not wearing jeans.

Well now when we see how deep the foundations of Islamic culture are build in Asad,I wonder how he is going to love the NRI Zoya who is completely opposite to the kind of girls he likes.No doubt both are going to hate each other first but in the long run their contrasting personalities are going to gain some insights from each other and eventually ASYA will fall in love with each other.
No matter how ASYA get together but they are bound to become one.So, for me it is going to be quite fascinating to see how Asad will handle NRI Zoya and how Zoya will break all the shields that protect Asad's heart and reside in it forever

So, people what do you think about this post? I apologize in advance if unintentionally I have hurt anyone of you. I just wanted to analyze Asad's character in the light of Muslim culture and the same time clear a few points about Islam and western dresses using the breakfast scene of Asad and Najma.
Also,I feel that it may be quite early to call Asad an orthodox or conservative just because of a single statement of his.He didn't stop Najma from going to lounge even if it was a late night outgoing place.I would not call Asad a typical Indian patriarch just because he stopped his sister from doing something.It is a quite observed incident in many houses inside and outside India and is quite common in followers of all religion to witness fatherly figures getting a little protective and concerned about the females in the house.And we girls can't really blame men for their affection and concern.So being disappointed with Asad for the particular statement of his and calling him a conformist won't be really fair in my eyes.[Thanks to Roshan,Payal and Muski for this point]

I'm repeating again .
I do not intend to offend any religion/culture/lifestyle/country. All what is written above is my personal point of view. You guys can agree as well as differ to it. Please try to have a constructive criticism if you disagree with me but kindly avoid any kind of bashing. I hope all of us are mature enough to handle a serious post like this with patience and cool mind.

Edited by crazy4KASH_AR - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rrk401 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
havent read the whole thing but saw you talk about it in the AT. will get back with my comments later but kudos on the effort!

edited: Very well written justifying what asad did but there! You've gone into the nuances.
Edited by rrk401 - 11 years ago
crazy4KASH_AR thumbnail

Originally posted by: rrk401

havent read the whole thing but saw you talk about it in the AT. will get back with my comments later but kudos on the effort!

Thanks a lot dear.
I'll be waiting for your reviews.
payalibm thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: crazy4KASH_AR

I thought of making this thread the moment I saw Asad and Najma's breakfast scene on November 2,2012.
Asad's speech to Najma about not wearing jeans and going to lounge is bound to form different opinions in our minds about Asad's personlity.I'm here to share my views regarding Asad's thinking related to his culture and the possible reasons behind it.

Disclaimer: I don't intend to hurt the sentiments of anyone.The post is quite long and something serious ,so please try to read it with a broader perspective.No offense to any lifestyle,country or religion intended.

Before delving into the details of Asad and Najma's scene, first let me highlight a few significant points about Islam and Asad's character.

Now, I'm first highlighting some important aspects of Islam to clear certain points about the Muslim culture.

In Islam, guidance has been given to females that a girl should try not to wear a cloth which symbolizes a man's apparel. But at the same time it's just a guideline, at the end of the day Allah has left everything on the followers. They may follow things they wish for and not follow that they don't. Islam says that it can just advise to follow the right path and never force anyone to do something against his or her wish.
Many Muslim girls wear jeans and personally I don't find anything wrong about it if it is carried out in an elegant manner. However, if one goes by the religious aspect girls are advised to wear clothes in which their body is less/least revealed[Pardah is used because of the same reason because women are believed to be jewels which should be hidden and not put for display. It is said that the more a woman covers herself outside her home, Allah's noor makes her look even more pretty. Pardah gives many people [both Muslim men & women] a protective feeling. However, pardah is also not a compulsion in Islam. Again it is a way of living that is guided to females].

Coming to men, men are also advised to avoid dresses that give a female appearance.

Advising women not to wear men's clothes does not make Islam conservative. It is just an advice given to the females. It does not mean that those Muslim girls who wear Jeans are modern and those who don't are orthodox. Neither it means that those men who believe that girls should not wear modern clothes are conformists and nor does it signify that wearing jeans is wrong.

Different people have different values and different religions have different ideologies. If a thing is advised in a culture, it is obviously for a reason. Sometimes we are able to understand the logic and sometimes we can't. So we should try to look at things with a broader perspective.

Islam has laid great emphasis on protecting women and giving them the rights they deserve. That is why men are given the right to 4 marriages. Islam does not allow a man to have a second wife for fun and money. There are strict rules to be followed for the second marriage which is done under hard circumstances for a man or a woman. A man needs to first seek permission from his first wife to marry the second one first of all. There are many rules and I'm not going into the details of it. I just wanted to point out one of the women's rights in Islam which is quite significant for the show.

As Asad said: 'numaish paschim ki ada hai aur sharm purab ka gehna'.
This is what Islam says. It hardly imposes anything.

There was a time in India when women didn't wear western clothes and disapproved it. With passing time, the living style of people changed. So, definitely at some point of time all Indians thought that women should be protected and not wear revealing dresses. But today the thinking has changed. It hardly means that everyone should think like the present times. There can be many people in the young generation too who can have old beliefs in different matters which includes matters other than the attire of women.

Well this was all about Islam and its ideologies according to my point of view. [No intention of offending any religion, custom, tradition or lifestyle is meant].

Tahzeeb is an important word in the lives of all of us.
It is said that to go to heaven you need to behave respectfully with your parents. That is the first thing a child is taught when he starts growing which is to respect everyone around him.

Now coming to Asad and his 'tahzeeb'.

It would not be wrong to say that Asad and tahzeeb(manners/culture) walk hand in hand.
Tahzeeb of Asad Ahmed Khan is something that we all are adoring a lot.His attitude is so decent that many of us have fell in love with Asad.

I would like to make few points in relation to this statement from the very first episode.

Asad was introduced in a 'kurta' in the entry scene and was shown helping and caring for blind people. At the same time he had a guitar in hand and sang a song.
It does not mean that all Muslim boys are asked to wear kurta 24*7.There is no such preaching.He is shown in a kurta because Kurta is related to Muslim outfits and a man in kurta is first considered to be a Muslim only.None of us can deny that Kurta and Guitar Gul used 2 things and related it to Asad's traditional values with modern thinking exceptionally well.

(For offering namaz it is advised that one should wear trousers/pyjamas/jeans/whatever such that the knees are covered and ankles are exposed. Men and women both can wear western outfits but the outfits need to fall under the defined norms of Islam.Regarding women there is a certain partition that is to be present between the 2 legs of a cloth and the apparels which don't have them are eventually advised not to put on. I can't elaborate further this point in public.In Saudi Arabia during women gatherings,girls wear skirts,jeans and party freely.This clearly states that women are free to wear anything in Islam provided a male above 5 years is not present in that gathering where western clothes are worn by females.Evil eyes can always be a danger for a girl and Islam is quite particular about this thing).

Asad helped the blind child by leading his hand towards the coin and not picking it up and putting in the box. This shows that he thinks everyone is capable enough to handle himself no matter what the circumstances are. It clearly indicated that he is a man of simple living and high thinking.
Then we see Ayaan and Asad together. While on the one hand, Ayaan is a big flirt on the other hand Asad is quite serious in life. It was quite amazing to see Asad looking down all the time when Ayaan enjoyed looking at the passing beauties. And then came the lovely dialogue:-"Ayaan kya badtameezi hai". It showed how much he disliked all the flirtatious comments of Ayaan. He frowned and caressed his forehead which showed his embarrassment at Ayaan's open comments to the passing women.

In Islam, it advised for both men and women that if a stranger guy or girl is passing one should look down and not gawk shamelessly at the opposite sex. Unless necessary, one should avoid gazing at the opposite sex just for fun. [This is called 'Nazar ka pardah']Asad was following this all the time he spend with his brother. This shows how deeply he follows this saying of his religion.

Next we see Asad going to a mazaar in the attire that was most suitable for the place. And though, Asad wished not to stare at Zoya, his eyes remained glued at her. It might be possible that he felt bad for her watching her in tears. Well, something divine happened at that time that made Asad forget everything for a while and look aimlessly at Zoya. But we saw him soon composing himself.

Thereafter comes the first meeting of Asad and Zoya.
He asked Zoya if she was fine. Zoya in return cursed him without thinking even once. He was standing in a Stand at ease position (gosh I loved his posture soo much) and trying to listen to her patiently. Finally a heated argument happened and when Zoya praised New York, he could help but defend his beloved country.
The moment Zoya cursed men for gawking at women, he could not help but point it out that "Agar ladkiyan apni nazrein neechi rakhke chalein toh unhe aur kisi ki hifazat ki zaroorat nahin padegi".
Well at this point he simply tried to point what he himself does when women walk around him. For Muslims this is the expected behavior for all boys and girls.
This scene was followed by another fight where Zoya cursed Asad and men like him who thought that women are at fault all the time and cursed India and its impositions on women.
I'm sure many of you must have loved the beautiful dialogue of Asad:
"jise aap pabandi keh rahi hain usey hum tahzeeb kehte hain
numaish pashchim ki ada hai , sharm purab ka gehna
Is mulq mein aurtein isi gehne se sajti hain"
This dialogue clearly shows that there is a marked difference between restriction and culture (tahzeeb). Restrictions confine you but culture preaches you.
Asad's dialogue made Zoya speechless for a while who was unable to shut her mouth for even a minute. It showed that she had no comeback point for this statement.
And then we see how nicely he tells Zoya that he does not want to argue with her on her wedding day. Again this shows how much he respects women and cares for everyone'
Moving forward when he walked away from the hospital and his dad called him beta, even then he didn't talk rudely with him. His voice was painful and he called his father janaab instead of taking his name or using any other word. He definitely didn't wish to offend his father but hearing 'beta' after 17 years from his own selfish father made him utter a sentence that made speechless everyone at that point of time. This shows that he hates his father to the core but can never do something which his ammi has not taught him that is, disrespecting elders.
Next we see Asad ignoring his mom's requests when they both arrived home and going to his room. And then again we see the obedient son apologizing for his behavior from his ammi. He even agrees for marriage to fulfill his mother's wishes just like a dutiful responsible son.
Finally, I've reached the reason for making this thread.
As many of you have pointed out, Asad is a conservative person. I also agree a bit to it. He a bit reserved kind of person as well.
Asad is a person who was brought up by a single mother.17 years ago when he was abandoned by his father; Asad transformed into a man from a child.
The moment Najma pointed out that "bhaijaan mujhe apne kandhon pe school chodne jaya arte they..." my heart cried out for her.
Asad became a responsible son and a responsible elder brother at an age when he deserved to be carefree and enjoy his childhood.
As it often said, what once learns in childhood from his mom seems to cast an important effect on the attitude of a person.
Asad has seen his mom wearing suits always since childhood. His mom must have taught him all the details about Islam.

The result we have is a very obedient son of Dilshad who respects his mom a lot and tries to follow whatever his mom had taught him.He even agreed to meet his father just for the sake of his mom as he has never disobeyed her.

All the above scenes clearly show that there are different layers of Asad's character and it would take a lot of time unleash the different shades of Asad Ahmed Khan. Sometimes he is a caring brother who gets hurt for saving his STEP-BROTHER and sometimes he is a serious person arguing with a lady because she cursed the women related ideologies of his beloved country. At times, he is an angry son and at other times he is a sensible friend and son to his ammi who wishes to make his mother at ease after a major incident in their lives.

In all the above scenes, we got a clue about the different aspects of Asad's personality which clearly indicated that he is a man of values. Asad is a person who is proud of his culture and country and at the same time he is quite modern and broad-minded as well

Najma seems to respect her brother a lot and tries to seek permission from him in every matter of hers.
When Najma asked permission from Asad for going out, he agreed at once like a cool brother. But the moment she told him about the timings, protective side of him emerged. He told her that he would pick her and drop as well. I'm sure he must be wishing to do that to check out himself if the place is god enough for his sister or not.
Asad asked Najma not to wear jeans because he must have learned in his growing days that jeans are not an advisable dress for Muslim women.
However, the point which he put across to stop Najma from wearing jeans was simply outstanding. He told her that one becomes modern and old fashioned by mentality and not by attire.
Like Asad, I also feel that if to enter the place one needs to leave back his culture, and then it's better not to go to such a place.

Personally I can't leave my own values and do a thing against my principles just for the sake that others are doing it. So I didn't find anything wrong in Asad denying Najma the permission to wear jeans.

i read your post...and it really gave me very deep insight about the culture and tradition...and i am very much thankfull to you heartlyyy...
bold@red ... i wil disagree with you in this part... like asad said about the dress and place and not going to the place if it stops you from having one tahezeb and all...so how come he converted into suit and 3 piece...if i am nto wrong this lecture for tradition and all is simply not only for woman but for men too... he can change his attire and be modern and wear suits acording to hsi need and taste and what suits the enviornment..like in businesss and all..so why this restriction on his sister...is there some kind of say in islam men can change there attire to western and woman cant... if thats the case then hwo come zoya sis and juju dissobeyd islam..i dont think even while leaving in UK..they both have chnged and dosent follow islam rules and traditions...
i was dissapointed at his words..to say the truth and openion...i was actually shoked...coz what he is teaching he himself is not preching it...if he has been in tradition attire and moves in circle wearing it and not changing himlself and then he gave those words to hsi sister then i would have apploude for him...but i was highly dissapointed and sad at hsi thoughts and openion...

ujala26 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
πŸ‘πŸ‘
agree vid each  n everything u said abt ISLAM...it doesnt imposes anything on men or women..its on people as to how dey live  wheather a/c to vat islam advises or vat dey want to do...
secondly muslim girls can wear jeans t-shirt as far as its nt revealing n other things r already explained above...
lvd every bit of ur post.hopefully it may hv answered to many qs of da other members of da forum regarding asad n his values n beliefs...to sum it up he is a very cultured n religious guy n he follows vat he's taught
😳
@tm-kuddoos to u fr writing n clearing all da things...dis is defo one of da best n much needed posts of da forum:)
Asad-Kii-Arzoo thumbnail

Very well analysed...really loved each n evrything wat yu wrote...idk mch abt muslim culture as m nt d one..soo really thnxx 4 dis thread...nd yh stil i cud relate 2 d Asad n Najmaz scene really well...Asad is not only a bro hez lyk a father 2 her...yu see actually d whole of ds going 2 a longue...at nyt..in jeanz..ds was smthng vch i cud relate to..if sumwhere a new place i hav 2 go dn m told 2 giv an exact address or smtymz my mum dad r lyk dey will drop me n ol...n abt nyt well til nw dre has been nthng lyk dt i hv 2 go out...jst cmmnted here in general way...coz i cud actually relate 2 dis thng..his wrds were soo ditto lyk my mum Dad...n yu knw wat wen she mntioned d nyt thing i was lyk nw Asad wont allow her bt 2 my surprise he jst sed dat he will drop her n pik her...its abt d place as well moreovr due 2 nyte too he was being protected...n i olso agree vd wat he sed dt zruri ni jo baki sb krey wo hum bhi karey... n Najma saying dose wrds dt Asad used 2 take her on his shoulders 2 d Skool was seriouslyyy idk wat 2 say but such an Awww moment for me...<3 He has respect for otherz..no matter wat...he cares...well mannerd...politeee...Mommaz Boy he iz...He agreed 2 meet Rishad just coz of her Mom...

lets see now how Zoya cums in his lyfe n how both of dem balance...it wud b intrsting 2 watch...so farr loving d AsadAhmedKhan β€οΈHe Surely has a Heart of Gold4m1st epi itz clear...<3

Amazinggg  posttt πŸ‘ Keep Writing πŸ€—

Edited by Muski-sjm-SK - 11 years ago
rrk401 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I tried to explore asad's view on life in my post. His thinking about western dressing is a part of it! Go through it pls! :P
Audrey.h. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
luved your post πŸ˜Š
mcdreamy. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I absolutely loved this post and I agree with each and every word of yours :) And this was really needed LOL πŸ˜† I love the way you have analyzed his character so well! Great work πŸ‘πŸΌ
fly_chick thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agree with each and every word of yours and love the post. I myself have an older brother who despite being 18 months older is over protective of me...He's always saying don't do this or that and to an extent I agree with his views. It's the same for Asad.
Asad has too wear a suit as it's an office... you'd have no choice and I don't think he has much of a problem with Najma wearing jeans- he said that if you have to change yourself to please others then there's no point..as with Najma-she wants to wear jeans because others are wearing them not because she herself wants too...Islam says to dress appropritely and in a way which doesn't attract others attention. In India/Pakistan, I'm sure wearing jeans would attract attention of males, I mean I live in the UK and am studying at university.. I wears jeans to university. I'd probably get more attention for wearing Shalwar Kameez to uni that jeans as I'd stand out more and look different. Asad was fine with Najma going there but doesn't want her to change herself for others and rightfully so...the fact that she didn't argue shows she respects her brother and knows he'll do whats best for her. Asad is deeply rooted into his culture aswell as religion. I mean anyone- no matter what culture they're from wouldn't want their sisters out late..like he said he'll pick her up and drop her. My brother says the same thing...It's a brothers nature to be overly protective and Asad is a father to Najma aswell as a brother so he isn't wrong in that sense..
I Edited by fly_chick - 11 years ago