Users

Frequent Posters

adventure_roks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
here is chapter 12

THE HEART KNOWS

CHAPTER 12

An hour later, Siddharth dropped Khushi in Shantivan and gave her some usual last minute instructions and advices.

"Don't roam around late at night. The car will be waiting for you whenever you want to go home. Eat well and..."

"Siddhu, relax. I will be fine.'

"I know, sweetheart. But I won't be unless I tell you everything."

"Okay. Go ahead."

"Take care."

She hugged him and said, "You too."

He kissed her forehead and said, "I'll call you as soon as I reach Mumbai."

He left and Khushi watched until his car disappeared around the corner.

"Andar chalein?" Anjali, who had been a silent spectator, asked her. [Shall we go in?]

Khushi nodded and followed her.

Akash was the first one to see her. He masked his surprise and welcomed her. Mamiji arrived a little later after dinner was served. She had changed a lot. She took care of Payal as her own daughter and she was happy when she saw Khushi. Arnav arrived when they were in the middle of their lunch.

There were two empty chairs. One next to Khushi and the other one next to his sister. He occupied the one next to Khushi as he didn't want to give the chance to Shyam.

"Di, jijaji kahaan hai?" he asked Anjali. [Di, where is jijaji?]

"Kaam ke silsiley mein Shyamji bilkul aap ki taraa hai, chote. He is busy with a client and he is having his lunch in the room." [As far as work is concerned, he is just like you, chote.]

Arnav gave Khushi a cold shoulder. Neither did he look at her even once nor did he seem interested in what she said.

"Khushiji, if your work is over, can you meet us daily?" Anjali asked her.

"You are working?" Akash asked her in surprise.

"It was Arnavji's idea," she replied.

"Akash, you should see her designs," Anjali told him. "It was just awesome."

"Looks like I have missed it. Have you seen it, Payal?"

"Haan, Akash. Humne bhi dekha." [Yes, Akash. I have also seen it.]

"Bhai, it's not fair. Everybody has seen it except me."

Khushi couldn't believe her ears. Arnav, who was always rude to her, showed it to his family. She looked at him but he didn't see her. It was more like he didn't want to see her.

"Don't dream, Khushi," she thought. "It is because the show means a lot to him. It is not because you designed it."

After lunch, they settled in the dinning room. Arnav excused himself saying that he had some work.

"Chote, you can sit too," Anjali told him.

"Sorry, di. The show is nearing and I don't have time to waste."

With that he walked to his room. He stopped only when he heard his sister asking Khushi about their photos.

"I was cleaning my room today and I found a few albums. Want to see them?"

Khushi smiled and nodded.

"I'll get them, di," Payal told her and left to get them.

She was back within a couple of minutes.

Albums meant that Shyam would be there. Arnav knew that he wouldn't get a much better opportunity. He stood in the same place and looked at Khushi. Nobody noticed him.

After a while Naniji and Mamiji went for a small nap. Akash had a few business calls to make. Anjali and Payal looked at the photos with Khushi. Anjali told her the story of how mischievous their cousin NK was. Akash was silent as always. Khushi's eyes lingered on Arnav's photo for a little longer that the rest. Anjali closed the album and reached for the second one.

Akash called Payal and asked her for a file. She went to their room to search for it.

It was just Anjali and Khushi.

"This is my wedding album," she said with a smile.

Arnav heard the happiness behind the smile and wondered whether he would be able to retain the happiness in her voice after everything was over.

"Anjaliji, you look beautiful in this photo," Khushi told her as she pointed to the first photo in the album. "Aap ki pathi ka naam kya hai?" [What is your husband's name?]

"Shyam."

The name sent a chill down her spine.

"What does he do?" she asked as she tried to hide the fear from her voice.

"He is a lawyer."

Khushi's brain worked over time. Was it a coincidence that the person who asked her to marry him was a lawyer by the name Shyam? Anjali missed the shocked expression on Khushi's face.

She turned another page and said, "This is Shyamji."

Khushi felt the colour draining from her skin. She knew that she turned pale. How was it possible? Why did he lie to her? Why did he want to marry her when he was already married to a wonderful woman?

Khushi bit her lips to stop the tears pooling in her eyes to flow down her cheeks. Her thoughts then turned to Arnav.

She thought, "He saw me when I was having lunch with Shyam that afternoon. Was that why he was so angry with me? If he saw Shyam, then why didn't he tell me that he is his jijaji? What must he think of me? No wonder he always shouts at me. If only he told me the truth..."

Anjali didn't notice the turmoil Khushi faced.

"Anjali di," OP called her.

"Kya hua, Om Prakashji?" [What happened, Om Prakashji?]

"Arnav bhaiya ne dhavaai nahi liya." [Arnav bhaiya has not taken his medicines.]

"Iss chote bhi na... Aap isse chote ka kamre mein rakhiye. He will remember." [You keep the medicines in his room.]

"Theek hai, Anjali di." [Okay, Anjali di.]

Anjali asked Khushi to wait for a moment and went to the kitchen to give the medicines to OP.

Khushi closed the album and followed Anjali into the kitchen. She had to tell her the truth. She fidgeted with her dupatta and walked into the kitchen.

"You have to tell her, Khushi," she told herself.

Unknown to her or anyone in the house, Arnav watched her every move and her every little expression.

~~~~~~

commentz plzzz...come on guyz...ur commentz mean a lot to me...
Edited by adventure_roks - 11 years ago
Fruti5 thumbnail
hey nice story 
continue soon
pm me
rupzloveu thumbnail
awesome story line ...
loved it...
n plzz pm me...
LoLo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Edited by LoLo - 11 years ago
frenzyy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
jus came across this.. loved it.. hope khushi says abt shyam to arnav... is anjali d girl siddhu loved in college? plzz pm wen u update...
adventure_roks thumbnail
hi guyz

thankz fr ur commentz...keep commenting...ur commentz make me happy...😊

THE HEART KNOWS

CHAPTER 13

Khushi took very small steps into the kitchen. She found Anjali replacing a few vessels in the cupboards and offered to help.

"Mein help karoon?" [Can I help?]

"No problem, Khushiji. It is over. This is the last one."

Khushi played around with her dupatta and kept her eyes locked on the floor.

Anjali noticed her expression and said, "Aap pareshan lag rahe hain." [You look worried.]

She raised her eyes to see Anjali. "Nahi, bas…" [No, it is just…]

OP entered the kitchen with a blue box in his hand. He gave it to Anjali and told her that Shyam had asked him to give it to her.

Anjali took the box from him and opened it. There was beautiful necklace in it. she showed it to Khushi.

"Dekhiye na, Khushiji. [Look at this, Khushiji.] Shyamji has bought it for me."

Khushi looked at the necklace and tried to smile.

"He always gets me something. Due to his work, he has to leave me for a long time. If not for his work, he will be just like chote. Always looking after me. You know, Khushiji, I am very lucky. I have got the best brother and a wonderful husband. Shyamji loves me a lot. Aur hum bhi Shyamji se bahut pyaar karte hain." [And I too love him very much.]

Khushi couldn't hide her tears. She controlled them by blinking them back. Without saying anything, she hugged Anjali and closed her eyes. Anjali was surprised by the sudden hug.

She raised her hands to wipe a tear which had escaped her closed eyelids. When she opened her eyes, she saw Arnav. He stood near the dinning area and watched her. Khushi didn't know what to do. She looked at him for a while. The expression on his face was had to decipher. His phone rang and he walked away without saying anything.

"Kya hua, Khushiji?" Anjali asked her. [What happened, Khushiji?]

She wiped the rest of her tears and said, "Kuch nahi, Anjaliji. I just wanted to hug you." She removed her hands and said, "Maaf kijiye." [Forgive me.]

"You don't have to say sorry. You can hug me anytime I want. You don't have to ask anybody's permission. Understood?"

Khushi nodded.

"I'll show this necklace to Nani and come back. Wait here."

She managed a small smile and nodded. She filled a glass with water and walked out of the kitchen as she sipped it.

"Ab mein kya kya karoon?" she asked herself. [What do I do now?]

She remembered the way Arnav had seen her. There was no anger in his eyes. If she was right, there was a sad and a hollow expression. She decided that she would tell him about Shyam.

Arnav had looked at her when she saw Shyam's photo. She had a shocked expression on her face. Either she was a very good actress or her reaction was true. She hadn't focused on anything Anjali told her.

When she went to the kitchen, Arnav followed her. When Anjali told her about Shyam, he saw how much Khushi was affected by it. She had let her tears fall only when she was sure that Anjali wouldn't see them. He had seen fear and utter distress in her eyes. When she had opened her eyes, she had seen him. She had looked at him for a few seconds until he walked away.

He had seen helplessness in her eyes.

"What the hell happened to you, Khushi?" he almost shouted when he was out of hearing distance.

Was it possible that… No, no… He wouldn't think of such things.

He had conducted a test and Khushi had passed it in flying colours. He was hundred percent certain that something was wrong in his assumptions. There was nothing between Khushi and Shyam. He was mistaken. The emotions he had seen in Khushi's face told him that he had passed a wrong judgement a year back. He saw genuine concern for his sister in her eyes.

"What went wrong?" he asked himself.

He always did a great job in judging other people's character. Somewhere in the middle, he had failed miserably with Khushi. Had he punished her for no mistake of hers?

His phone rang again. He disconnected the call and dialled Neel's number.

"ASR?"

"Is it done?"

"Amost done, ASR."

"When will I get it?"

"Tonight. Do you want to know what I found?"

"No," he almost shouted for the second time within the past five minutes. "I can make a guess."

"Meet you at night, ASR."

He stared at the phone in his hand. His head started to ache and he rubbed his temples.

"I have to talk to her," he said.

"What makes you think she will talk to you?" This was from his heart.

"She is my wife damn it. She has to listen."

"Your anger will take you nowhere, Mr. Raizada." His heart warned him.

"Don't mess with me."

Another warning. "You made a mistake once. Don't you dare commit another one which might hurt her."

"Shut up."

He felt as if he was going insane.

When he was about to retrace his steps back to the kitchen to find Khushi, his phone rang again. For the first time in his life, he felt like breaking the phone instead of answering it. Instead he welcomed the distraction and tried to calm his nerves as he answered the call.

"Yeah, Aman?"

"Sir, there is a small problem with Mr. Kapoor and he wants to speak with you right now. Can I connect him?"

"Do that."

He spoke to Kapoor about the problem and made sure that it was solved.

Khushi climbed the stairs feeling very heavy from within. The pain in her heart seemed to pull her down with each step she took. She took a deep breath and assured herself that she was doing the right thing. She would tell the truth to Arnav and let him decide. Although something told her that he wouldn't trust her, she knew for sure that he would always keep his sister's best interests at heart.

"That's enough, right? Her life will not be spoiled because of you," she told herself and managed a smile.

The door was open and the room was dark. When she was about to knock the door, a pair of arms pulled her into the room.

~~~~~~
plz comment guyzz...
rupzloveu thumbnail
loved the update...
thanx fr the pm...
frenzyy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
wow!! so anjali says abt shyam to khushi... good dat she decided to tel atleast arnav abt it... is it arnav who pulled her to his room? pllzz update soon...
adventure_roks thumbnail
A little precap for Chapter 14:
       [& a question]

Khushi had no idea how she didn't drop the glass in her left hand when a pair of arms pulled her into Arnav's room.

"Arnavji," she slowly called out his name.

The curtains were drawn and a few rays of light entered the room through the gap in the curtains. The dim light highlighted his features and she tried to push the person away but he didn't let her go.

He pulled her towards him and hugged her tight.

Make a guess...

who do u think de person is...?
Two options:
(a) Arnav
(b) Shyam
Two five letter names but only one correct answer...
Edited by adventure_roks - 11 years ago
dilectus thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
i am amazed why hasnt this story got much response..its amazing