Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MrManagement thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: -Xaffron-

I still have a gut feeling they're the ready-made ones. 

I always like it that his pag matches the rest of his attire.  I doubt that BB provides him with ready made turbans, but maybe they do he might have had that as part of his contract. Pags are huge and I doubt all them fit in the one luggage bag he came in the house with. 
---Priya--- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -Xaffron-

I still have a gut feeling they're the ready-made ones. 

they are ready-made ones as you said... remember few days back Sidhu ji dressed all the girls with turbans.. they were ready made and he did not tie them 😊
Supari_khala thumbnail
I think they were ready made because I saw a bunch of them sitting in a row near someone's bed in some episode. Can't recall which episode now but pretty sure I'm not hallucinating.
divinity11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sikhs never wear readymade turbans...He is the most well dressed man in the house  ...And Sikhs also avoid to wear pre tied turban unless they are in hurry...
 As far as Sidhu is concerned he is wearing a fresh turban everyday and he ties it himself...so people take a chill pill
      I wonder those days are not far when threads will be opened in the name of SIDHU'S MOUSTACHE ,SIDHU'S BEARD...
 and yes one person mentioned Sidhu would be the one who doesn't wash his head...to make it clear...Sikhs keep their hair clean Always...

Originally posted by: divinity11

Sikhs never wear readymade turbans...He is the most well dressed man in the house  ...And Sikhs also avoid to wear pre tied turban unless they are in hurry...

As far as Sidhu is concerned he is wearing a fresh turban everyday and he ties it himself...so people take a chill pill
      I wonder those days are not far when threads will be opened in the name of SIDHU'S MOUSTACHE ,SIDHU'S BEARD...
 and yes one person mentioned Sidhu would be the one who doesn't wash his head...to make it clear...Sikhs keep their hair clean Always...

Man, why are getting all emotional. Xaffron was only trying to get some knowledge about how the turbans work in general. I don't think he meant any disrespect. No matter how much grudge a person has, most of the people on the forum are sane not to question one's culture or religion. Human beings are curious creatures and we like to learn new things everyday, not a biggie.

Simply my 2 cents.
Edited by -Chandramukhi- - 11 years ago

Originally posted by: -Chandramukhi-

Roshan, such turbans have to be tied, but once they are tied, I think they can be put aside for later use without unknoting them. I have seen it happen in Punjabi families. So may be that's what he does. Ties them and leaves them aside for later use or may be ties them every morning. I mean even then, who would want to see that, so I guess that's why BB cuts of those portions.

But I have to agree with you, I like those colorful turbans as well. They usually go with whatever he is wears.

Do you REALLY want to see Siddhu unturbanned? Long,flowing UNWASHED,greasy hair down to the shoulders??
Tying a Paag is a complicated affair! A patka is tied up to tame the unruly over night beard with a cloth( called the patka )-goes under the chin & is tied up behind the judda(topknot) In the meanwhile,the turban is stretched and folded into pleats by the wearer AND a helper (in BBH who??) Then a narrow band of cloth (called sifty/fifty) is tied around the forehead-that is the triangular piece that shows on the forehead.THEN the turban is tied.
And yes a well starched (but sweaty!) paag can be worn multiple times if stored properly-not very hygienic but it is done!

TMI,you think?!

Edited by znursingh - 11 years ago

Originally posted by: znursingh

Do you REALLY want to see Siddhu unturbanned? Long,flowing UNWASHED,greasy hair down to the shoulders??
Tying a Paag is a complicated affair! A patka is tied up to tame the unruly over night beard with a cloth called the patka-goes under the chin & is tied uo behind the judda(topnnot) In the meanwhile,the turban is stretched and folded into pleats by the wearer AND a helper (in BBH who??) Then a narrow band of cloth (called sifty/fifty) is tied around the forehead-that is the tringular piece that shows on the forehead.THEN the turban is tied.
And yes a well starched (but sweaty!) paag can be worn multiple times if stored properly-not very hygienic but it is done!

TMI,you think?!

Thanks for that oh-so-gruesome image of our Sadhu baba with his turban 😆😆

On a serious note, thanks for the information. I have actually seen my friend's dad work with turban, but of course I do not have the adequate terminology and experience to explain the details.

Originally posted by: divinity11

ALL such generalizations are a result of intellectual laziness and/or parochial bias.😡
My two cents!!😃
Before ANYBODY jumps on me-I am a Sikhni myself!
AND I HAVE personally seen Sikhs with dirty, smelly, matted hair at Harmandir Sahib...SO THERE! Practical Knowledge trumps empirical theory ANY day

DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8

Tying a Paag is a complicated affair! A patka is tied up to tame the unruly over night beard with a cloth( called the patka )-goes under the chin & is tied up behind the judda(topknot) In the meanwhile,the turban is stretched and folded into pleats by the wearer AND a helper (in BBH who??) Then a narrow band of cloth (called sifty/fifty) is tied around the forehead-that is the triangular piece that shows on the forehead.THEN the turban is tied.

TMI,you think?!

@Chandu: I didn't mean the entire assembling process, just a generous glimpse here and there. 😊

@Z Khala: Thank you for the wonderful visual description in words. As a non-Sikh, I've always been fascinated by their [the Sardaars'] turbans. I consider it an assiduous art! 😊 And, I of course, am a dilettante when it comes to turbans and other headgear. 😃
divinity11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

👏

ALL such generalizations are a result of intellectual laziness and/or parochial bias.😡
My two cents!!😃
Before ANYBODY jumps on me-I am a Sikhni myself!
AND I HAVE personally seen Sikhs with dirty, smelly, matted hair at Harmandir Sahib...SO THERE! Practical Knowledge trumps empirical theory ANY day

you are doing great being a sikhni...👏👏

you are doing the same. generalizations...and I did not know that  people smell others while they are  at a religious place...thanks for sharing this knowledge...I am highly enlightened...