StarPlus article : Dressing style Tips

Tani2804 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
he most striking feature of Navratri is to dress up in bright vibrant colours. Thus the Navratri outfits bring alive the festive mood and add spunk to the dance and fun around. Here are few tips on dressing up for Navratri straight from our STAR Plus characters who love celebrating the festival.

A shy but excited Gopi shares, "Navratri is a very energetic festivity where we worship Goddess Durga and play Dandiya orRasgarba in her honour. The traditional outfit for Navratri is choli and lehenga which is available in different variations. For instance, a long choli, has multi-coloured panels and mirrors sewn together on it. Plus make sure your lehenga has a flare to it as while dancing it will add to the look of the dress."

An enthused, Tejal shares, " For girls like me who aren't very comfortable wearing chaniya choli and lehenga, you can opt for salwaar-kameez which is in vibrant colours like green, blue, orange, etc. Also make sure the kurtahas some impressive embroidery done on it or you will look under-dressed for Navratri. Plus, a long colourful dupatta with broad embroidery borders and some handwork will bring out that extra oomph factor of your dress."

An excited, Rashi tells us, "Navratri is full of mouth-watering food, traditional dance and colourful dresses. For me a long choli and lehenga is the perfect dress to make heads turn. You can even get bare-backed blouses that extend to waist which can add a glamorous touch to the dress."

A fashionable, Foram advices, "One just can't risk dressing up in plain colours and accessorizing minimally for this festival. If  a lehenga is too much for you then opt for a long flared skirt in a mixture of beautiful vibrant colours like yellow, green and pink. And wear a nice matching top over it. Plus, accessorize yourself with matching bracelet, or bangles and long hanging earrings. A printed long skirt with a cute matching top and accessories will sure look attractive."

These are few tips our STAR Plus characters have for dressing up for Navratri. So what are you waiting for, get dressed, tag along your dandiyas and happy dancing. Jai Mata Di!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
tfs
good to have articles on EDSKHPH
Tani2804 thumbnail
@Roopal ...gud to see SP sumtimes treats d show as dere own child 
rather the illegitimate  child..😆
Guggul thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Article?? AM I dreaming?? 
Tani2804 thumbnail
Finally debo is online ...

i was thinking to go off 
Guggul thumbnail
Nahi nahi.. aisa sochna bhi mat behna..
Guggul thumbnail
I am reading the story now.. nice plot..
Tani2804 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Debalina_Paul

Nahi nahi.. aisa sochna bhi mat behna..

wen debo is dere..
how cn i go 

masti karungi

Guggul thumbnail

Originally posted by: tani23