rocker1 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Hello folks.. Ive been seeing an error while trying to post replies tonight.. Im getting some sort of syntax error.. it seems the error is due to the use of the apostrophe (single quotation mark).. when i dont use any apostrophes, it works fine

Has anyone been experiencing the same problem? If so, dont use apostrophes or single quotation mark.. if you simply have to, you can use double quotation marks.. those seem to be fine

Mods please look into this

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rocker1 thumbnail
By the way, sorry for the three other useless threads. I was posting those, but unconsciously kept adding apostrophes (I"m used to those).. and the syntax error kept popping up.. and the message kept getting trashed.

I finally checked carefully to eliminate all apostrophes and and got this one right
rocker1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DAISYRABLE

Yeah I m also facing the same problemπŸ˜• and getting the same syntax error. Had to removed all the single quotation marks  to post successfully.

You too? Great!! πŸ˜ƒ

I mean.. I didnt mean it that way.. I"m just glad its a general problem.. I"m not the only one 😳

Edited by shadyhtown - 17 years ago
Bhaskar.T thumbnail

Me too πŸ˜›

Vijay has been informed so hope it'll get done soon.

The other way out is to post the message and topic with an emoticon and no text. Later edit the text and post the message.

I am doing the same with this post too...... πŸ˜†

Edited by Bhaskar.T - 17 years ago
greatmaratha thumbnail
There appears to be some problem. One easy solution pending resolving of the main issue.

Make a post with smileys. Then edit it to add words. It works fine that way 😳
greatmaratha thumbnail
Shady, the problem has been fixed. Can you please check and tell us if you are still encountering the same problem
rocker1 thumbnail
Guys, you could make this sticky for the time being, until the problem is solved.. that way people who just come in will see it and know whats going on

I knew I had to go through a few frustrating trial and errors before I figured out what was wrong
rocker1 thumbnail
Never mind.. it's working now.. you can close this thread πŸ˜›
vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: shadyhtown

Hello folks.. Ive been seeing an error while trying to post replies tonight.. Im getting some sort of syntax error.. it seems the error is due to the use of the apostrophe (single quotation mark).. when i dont use any apostrophes, it works fine

Has anyone been experiencing the same problem? If so, dont use apostrophes or single quotation mark.. if you simply have to, you can use double quotation marks.. those seem to be fine

Mods please look into this

Thanks Shadytown for pointing out the problem.

The bug has been fixed.😊 

Cheers,
Vijay

Edited by vijay - 17 years ago