Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
salman, has his good moments as an actor,gets by as a dancer.Most certainly a people's man ,with a generous heart. Does entertain me as a host of BB, quips ,plus no nonsense take on unacceptable behaviour in the house. So yes ,me likes Salman.
Discovery thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Vikas Bhalla is thrilled being voice of Salman Khan

If there's one actor in the industry who truly helps aspiring new comers in the film industry it is Salman Khan. The actor has done it once again by recommending actor and singer Vikas Bhalla for the playback of his much awaited special cameo song Po Po in the upcoming Diwali pataka Son Of Sardaar (SOS).

Vikas, a popular face on the small screen is well recognized for his number Dhuan. The singer, thrilled to be on board for the song, had an overwhelming experience being a part of the SOS team! "All the credit goes to Salman. I had gone to meet him with two songs that I had recorded, in the hope that he would take them for his next film. He heard the songs twice and the next thing I know; he calls up composer Himesh Reshammiya and tells him that I would be his voice!" quips a very happy Vikas.

Recording for Po Po was a fabulous experience recalls the singer, "Po Po is a superb track and it has to be sung at a very high pitch. I had to practice for two days to get it right. It took a total of three hours to finish it. It's one of the most entertaining and catchy songs I've heard. And now when I see the three superstars dancing on the track with Sonakshi Sinha, I feel so amazing."

Vikas has been very busy with his acting career to be able to give time to singing. The goof-looking actor who currently stars in the daily soap Uttaran is overjoyed to be back to his first love, singing. "There's a right time for everything. I'm happy that I've started my playback singing career as the voice of Salman Khan," he signs off!

Discovery thumbnail

RECOMMENDED BY SALMAN KHAN

MUMBAI, Oct. 20 -- Salman Khan is known for his generosity, like giving away his bicycle to street urchins or his watch to a contestant on a game show. Even in Bollywood, the actor is known to promote talent - old or new - by putting in a word (which goes a long way, clearly). The Dabangg (2010) star's latest sifarish (recommendation) is for actorsinger Vikas Bhalla.

Vikas who? He was a popular actor on TV and has done a few films too. He is also a singer, most famously known for his song, 'Dhuan'. Now, on Salman's recommendation, he was picked to sing the number 'Po po' in Son Of Sardaar. Ask Vikas about this and he says, "The credit goes to Salman. I had gone to meet him with two songs that I had recorded, in the hope that he would take them for his next film. One of the songs was 'Ranjha ranjha'."

He adds, "Salman heard this song twice. The next thing I know, he calls up composers Himesh Reshammiya and Sajid-Wajid and tells them that I would be his voice."

About the song, Vikas says he had to practice for two days to get the pitch right. "'Po po' is a superb track and it had to be sung at a very high pitch. I was learning the tune with Himesh for two days and I dubbed the song for three hours. I had a great time singing it, as the tune and lyrics are very catchy."

Vikas has been out of the news lately, so was this song a new chapter in the industry for him? "There's a right time for everything. I'm happy that I've started my playback singing career as the voice of Salman Khan," he says.

Read more: http://india.nydailynews.com/entertainmentarticle/f074119c276c4b61a0aee46c0d632b52/recommended-by-salman-khan#ixzz29qEqOH7R
Discovery thumbnail

Superb...amazing work munna bhai...👏👏👏

Discovery thumbnail

BIGG BOSS 6: Super Saturday With Salman Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgn, Sonakshi Sinha

Looks like Ajay Devgn is pulling out the "Bigg" guns, in order to promote his upcoming Diwali release, Son of Sardaar.

The star cast of SOS paid a visit to the sets of Salman Khan's latest reality show, "Bigg Boss 6", in Lonavla, in order to plug the film. Devgn, Sanjay Dutt and the film's female lead Sonakshi Sinha were also present, to entertain the audience and keep them in splits.

Salman has done an item song too, in the film, called "Po Po", which is sure to pull in the crowds. On the sets of BB6, the team was shown engaged in some mad revelry, which is sure to be very entertaining. The reality show last saw Sanjay Dutt host its previous season, Bigg Boss Season 5, along with occasional visits from the "Dabbang" Khan. Hence the two were seen ribbing each other on their respective hosting styles.

Salman was teasing Sanjay and asking him how he would use the tagline of the show, "Bigg Boss Season Chhe – Alag Chhe". Dutt then performed it in his own imitable style, which had the audience clapping and cheering for their favourite "Munnabhai".

Ajay Devgn and Sonakshi too were seen joining in the fun and revelry.

The episode airs on Saturday, 20th October at 9 pm on Colors TV.

'Son Of Sardaar' is directed by Ashwani Dhir, produced by Ajay Devgn and is set to release on November 13th, Diwali.

Originally posted by: Mrsimisam

Superb...amazing work munna bhai...👏👏👏

thnx 🤗
Discovery thumbnail
Sonakshi Sinha: Excruciatingly Exotic on Salman Khan's Bigg Boss

Sonakshi Sinha wore a Vikram Phadnis salwar suit to plug her film Son Of Sardaar on Salman Khan hosted Bigg Boss 6 set in Lonavala on Friday, October 19. Photo Credit: sawfnews.com

by Anita Singh

October 20, 2012, (Sawfnews.com) - Sonakshi Sinha looked breathtakingly beautiful in a Vikram Phadnis salwar suit while plugging her upcoming film 'Son Of Sardaar' on Salman Khan hosted Bigg Boss 6 set in Lonavala on Friday, October 19.

Sonakshi was accompanied to the show's taping by Ajay Devgn and Sanjay Dutt, her co-stars in the film.

The film features Salman in a song cameo, Po Po.

Sonakshi wore a glittering black suit with golden embellishments. The mid-thigh length shirt featured a scoop neckline and three quarter length sleeves. She paired it with a black salwar and dupatta.

She accessorized with Malaga jewels comprising earrings, bangles and silver mojaris from her personal collection.

Her makeup and hair accentuated the Punjabi makeover. Hair was neatly styled, side swept in a long over-the-shoulder braid.

Sonakshi Sinha wore a Vikram Phadnis salwar suit to plug her film Son Of Sardaar on Salman Khan hosted Bigg Boss 6 set in Lonavala on Friday, October 19. Photo Credit: sawfnews.com

Bold kohl rimmed eyes, red lipstick and a shimmering bindi made her look seriously sexy.

Sonakshi and the boy gang were often seen in splits having fun on stage, making each other do funky dance moves from their upcoming film.

Sonakshi was even made to enact her one-wheel bike stunt from Son Of Sardaar. She came in riding a bi-cycle and Devgn and Salman lifted the back wheel off the ground amidst Sonakshi's squeals and screams.

The episode will air tonight on Colors, October 20.

Discovery thumbnail

Ajay Devgn, Ranbir Kapoor Hike Their Fees, Salman Khan Highest Paid

Star prices have gone through the roof. And if you thought there is nowhere higher for our A-list stars to take their remuneration here's the latest development to chew on.

Apparently Ajay Devgn, riding high after the stupendous success of his latest Rohit Shetty comedy 'Bol Bachchan' has begun to charge a flat Rs 1 crore rupees per day as his fee.

A leading producer-director who wants Devgn for a 7-day shooting for a cameo confirms the new Devgn price ratio. "I was told he would charge me Rs 7 crores, 1 crore per day. That's Ajay's new price range. He doesn't charge for the entire film. He now takes home his remuneration on a day-to-day basis."

While this producer is yet to make up his mind about signing on the star at such an exorbitant fee Devgn we hear is pretty inflexible about his new price.

However a leading producer places many riders on the remunerative issue. "Ajay's Rs 1 crore-per-day policy is for films where he is required to make special appearances. Otherwise he charges a flat Rs 20 crores for a film. Please don't forget his recent films have worked only with Rohit Shetty. What happened to Tezz and Rascals? Akshay Kumar asks for, and gets, Rs 40 crores. Otherwise he asks for a 25 percent partnership in the film production, plus 25-30 crores remuneration. Aamir and Shah Rukh charge around Rs 25-30 crores. After Barfi Ranbir Kapoor has hiked his fee from Rs 9 crores to Rs 20 crores."

But the highest paid star of the moment is Salman Khan who after 'Ek Tha Tiger' is commanding a staggering fee of Rs 60 crores.

Says a leading filmmaker, "No one grudges Salman his remuneration. He deserves every penny he's asking for because he brings in that kind of profits. As for Ajay Devgn, his price may rise further after the release of Son Of Sardaar."

Discovery thumbnail

Bigg Boss TRPs are due to Salman Khan: Ashmit Patel

Akash Wadhwa, TNN Oct 19, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Actor-turned-TV host Ashmit Patel, credits Salman Khan and not the contestants on the show for the popularity of Bigg Boss Season 6

He may be hosting a television show where he plays a love guru, but when asked about his own love life, Ashmit Patel says it is "not at all happening at the moment. It's not that

I am not dating girls, of course I am, but nothing serious as such. I am just not getting the right girl. Maybe it is not the right time," smiles Ashmit, who was in Lucknow recently.

Ashmit, who was last seen on silver screen some three years back, says he is all set to make a comeback on the bada parda, but not as an actor. "I will return to films but as a producer and a writer. I have just acquired the rights to convert an autobiography of a very famous cricketer into a film. Although I can't reveal more on this, it is going to be an interesting move in my career graph," he claims.

A former participant on the TV show Bigg Boss, Ashmit says he is not at all interested in what's happening on the show now. "Bigg Boss is not about contestants anymore. The TRPs are just there on Friday when Salman bhai comes. It is boring on week days," he rues.

And one thing that still irks Ashmit post his Bigg Boss stint is the way his illness was blown out of proportion on the show. "I am a thalassemia patient but the show blew the issue out of proportion. I am a healthy human being yaar. I can sing, dance and gym like normal people. It is so strange that everywhere I go people show sympathy towards me and ask me if I am ok. Hello... it is just thalassemia!" he laughs.