HIMESH & JAVED AKHTAR COMES TOGETHER

vinnie-thepooh thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
A unique combination comes together

Filmmaker Vipul Shah is all set to start working in his first Indo-British venture Namaste London from July onwards. He has roped in Peter Field at an astronomical amount as director of photography who was the man behind Troy, Tomb Raider, Da Vinci Code and Tomorrow Never Dies to give a different touch and feel of London in the film. There is another unique thing about the film. Vipul for the first time is bringing together an untried pair in the realm of music. Esteemed writer and lyricist Javed Akhtar combine together with current music sensation Himesh Reshmmiya for the music of the film. They will be working together for the first time. "Since the film is about crossover culture I wanted the music to be in sync with the film and I am proud that we have managed to create some good music," says Vipul.  

Javed Akhtar says, "Himesh and I wanted to work with each other from a long time. We've come across a very good opportunity in Namaste London where Vipul, Himesh and I will work together. Himesh and I come from such a varied background and music sensibility that it creates new opportunity to create new sounds and music. He said Sir, you write what ever you want, just don't bother whether it will sell or not. He gave me enough space to create what I wanted. Himesh has a very distinct style. I found him to be a very thoughtful person."

Himesh Reshammiya also says that he feels honored to work with Javed Akhtar. "He has got great caliber which he has proven in so many years. I myself called him up to ask if he would work with me and he obliged me. I am grateful to him for giving me such good lyrics and although he is as usual fantastic in this film, I have turned better. I am sure the music of the film will work and people would love the effort we both have made together. Namaste London is genuinely my best work till date, it has seven songs out of which one of the songs has an unplugged version and a club mix version."

Edited by mp_142 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vinnie-thepooh thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: MrspetloverUS

Hi Vinnie,

Kem chho?  Hoon majama chhoon 😊

This was already posted by Kavita I think. But thanks for sharing.

hu pan maja ma chu are i missed it again if it was posted