Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

UmraoJaan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: SwastikAshNi

Rekha-Wonderful post and your Life Story is nostalgic enough!
Yes,whatever good thing is there in Life,even if it goes the memory remains and no one can take it away.It is the thing we can cherish always.
 At the same moment NBT will be back within 3 months in form-so we can cheer up for that.πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks Bishal. Hope these three months will pass really fast! I am eager to watch NBT2 you know!πŸ˜ƒ
Hit.It.Miss thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Merc_Nary

Thanks @Fari for a good concise write up of the journey of NBT. The VM was beautiful. Nazia Hassan RIP.

All good things have to end and we are close to it now.

I realize that NBT is the 2nd show on telly that I have watched from the first episode to the last. The first one was a show on DD about  "Chanakya" and that was close to 20 years ago.

I have been a silent member mostly, but it was great interacting with all of you in whatever little capacity I could

I am not pinning to much hopes and expectations from season 2 and will take it as it comes.

This will be my last post in forum till the time TV land comes up with something interesting.

Wishing everybody all the success and riches in life

au revoir

Merc  πŸ€—

good to see that NBT brought about a change in everyone's pattern and for good! I have seen others saying the same too, that after a long while they have actually watched a soap episode by episode.

well, about season 2, I am not placing it on a pedestal this soon too, which will obviously mean my hopes taking a steep climb up!! so at the moment, very detached from any thoughts about season 2, just enjoying the happy ending of season 1 right now. 

thanks for your wishes, same to you too πŸ€—
sonu-monu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
what a lovly explained about NBT...very  lovely VM ahhh i try to control my tear :(( but cant/...😭
UmraoJaan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fari-

Rekha πŸ€—

*unreserving*

I am at a loss of words with which to express myself after reading your post Rekha, Beautiful and sublime and holds 110% true

Beautiful example of your father's farm and your emotional attachment to it.

I agree, same goes for our bond with NBT and these memories. When memories take permanent abode in one's heart then that memorable object/person is never far away from you, regardless of the distance or time lapse separation between you both.

Moments never come again, but it's true that the treasure of their memories go on living within us.

Thanks for this awesome post πŸ€—

Fari, repeating the hug I sent you in your post!πŸ˜ƒ

Thank you so much. I dunno what to express, feel drained now! Will come back to you! 
UmraoJaan thumbnail

Originally posted by: geethu07

Nice post rekha ji. Like u said nbt will always remain in our hearts forever. Also am hoping to c a wild tiger in the forest someday

Thanks Geethu. 

Oh, don't hope for that now! Our forests are shrinking with such a speed that, I fear even finding a hare could become difficult very soon!

@ Meghan27, thank you very much!
Edited by WREX - 11 years ago
knraji thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
So touching Rekha...For anyone, the childhood memories are so special, wherever they had grown up, doesn't matter...Your's is even more special that u are blessed to grow up with the nature...

No doubt, NBT is so natural that we all will definitely cherish & will treasure all the good moments of it...& also the friends we got/experiences we shared in the forum. NBT & it's memories will have a very very special place in our hearts for sure.

As u said thought it's a temporary, it's sure hurting a lot...Hope time will heal & we will all come back with a bang to the forum for NBT2😊...Meanwhile I'm sure we will all keep in touch for sure.
UmraoJaan thumbnail

Originally posted by: knraji

So touching Rekha...For anyone, the childhood memories are so special, wherever they had grown up, doesn't matter...Your's is even more special that u are blessed to grow up with the nature...

No doubt, NBT is so natural that we all will definitely cherish & will treasure all the good moments of it...& also the friends we got/experiences we shared in the forum. NBT & it's memories will have a very very special place in our hearts for sure.

As u said thought it's a temporary, it's sure hurting a lot...Hope time will heal & we will all come back with a bang to the forum for NBT2😊...Meanwhile I'm sure we will all keep in touch for sure.

Thanks Raji. My childhood sure was special! I guess everyone feels the same!πŸ˜†

I too hope to keep in touch with all my friends here! And I am sure, NBT2 will help us in that!
sumiswap thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Hi All,

This is my 10,000th post which will make me a IF Sizzler πŸ˜ƒ. So I thought I would post something special which is worthy of it and also a tribute to NBT from my end. And this is what I feel from my heart. I still have a whole lot of things to say but dont know if I have the talent to put them into words. πŸ˜•

'Dhinchak Dhichak Dhinchak Dhichak' rang Mohan's mobile in the promo of NBT. Mohan fumbled before he could find his mobile in his pant pockets. The kids laughed, Mrs. Vyas was amused. The scene froze and a voice in the BG said 'Yeh hai Mrs. Vyas aur Mohan ki... dilchasp kahani'.😳 The promo was so interesting that I started waiting for January 9th 2012. Oh and did I forget Addu's 'Wait here' gesture when Mohan asked for Mrs. Vyas with a lollypop in his mouth. That was the cutest part of that promo πŸ˜†. The subsequent promos were just as interesting but this one stands out in my memory. And honestly speaking I never thought this would be a love story. The promos never hinted at that. I have seen loads of television soap pr0mos which just screams out that it is a love story. Hero serenading the heroine, dupattas flying all over, leads dancing away in dreamland like sets. Everything just screams that it is a LOVE STORY! But the NBT promos was so refreshing. A definite puller for people like me who had never watched a daily soap from start till end earlier. And I saw the promo at such a time when I had started despising Indian telly shows. 

Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans said John Lennon. I can tweak it to say NBT is what happend to me when I was busy despising Indian Television soaps.πŸ˜†

On January 9th, the 1st episode was aired. I loved the simplicity of Mrs. Vyas. Her attire, her make up, her behaviour everything was simple. Quite a refreshing change from the usual OTT heroines we see on television. And she was meant to be simple almost austere in appearance, because she was a widow. But this simplicity was the beauty of this woman. She was shown missing her husband, craving for that one moment where she could just have one cup of tea with him. My heart went out for her. And then came Mohan. I must say though his entry in the show was very filmy where he was shown chasing a girl with camera focussing on his shoes for most parts, it was by far the best entry of any male lead. I thoroughly enjoyed it because it was interspersed with the prayers of a innocent little angel of a girl Nanhi who prayed for that someone who can make Mrs. Vyas her pehli wali Mummy.I got curious to know how Mrs. Vyas was before Amar died. 

But the first episode was really not reason enough for me to get hooked on to this show. My love for NBT grew over a period of time. Just like Mohan's love for Megha, as he had described it 'Dheere se, Haule se kab pyaar hua pata hi nahi chala'. I really did not realise when I had fallen head over heels in love with this show. So much that I started hating weekends when this show would not air.This was one show where I loved the supporting cast as much as the leads. Infact at times I loved the bonding between Mohan and Nanhi more than Mohan and Megha. Perfect cast and genius makers. God bless them.πŸ‘

Mohan is one of the best characters and one of my main reasons for falling in love with this show. Mohan Bhatnagar is one of the best male character I have come across in any medium of fiction. At one point I had rated him next to Rhett Butler from Gone With the Wind - my favourite fictional male character. I fell in love with Mohan Bhatnagar when he started to look out for Mirchi Madam when he got to know Prateek's lecherous intentions. In any other show if the male lead who is not in good terms with a female lead had seen a male getting physically close to the female lead, he would have misunderstood the lady. But Mohan knew Megha so well even when he was not in good terms with her. He knew that she was innocent and started to feel protective about her. My respect for him grew by leaps and bounds. And I fell in love with him.☺️

Megha. I wondered what about her connected with me. Then I realised, Megha by character is just like one of the closest people to me. My Mother-in-law. My Father-in-law was a very nice man. He helped everyone who came to him for help in the best of his capacity. He died one day and left a heap of debt to be cleared off. My mother-in-law, who for most part of her life, was confined to looking after the house and her kids stepped out after that to look after my FIL's business and made sure that all the debts were cleared. I could totally relate to Megha because she was just like my MIL. A person who is so courageous, who has a never say die attitude and someone who does not take shit lying down. πŸ‘

I can go on and on about the various characters in this show. The various bonds we got to see. MN, MG, MJ (Megha-Jiji), Renu-Guru nok-jhok. But words will fail me. Especially if I start writing about MN and MG. Needless to say one of the purest relationships I have seen in television. I dont know if I will be able to do justice to them. So I will let them be. Untouched and Pure.

I got hooked on to the forum much later. I never knew India Forums existed till one day I stumbled upon this forum while looking out for blogs on NBT in google. I created an account for myself and used to visit the forum to read Jzee's (without-fathom) analysis on each episode. I was a silent member then. I then started reading analysis from Fari and a lot of other writers some of whom are not regulars now. I loved the analysis, the discussions. How each and every frame and object was analysed and the hidden meanings were deciphered. And one fine day I jumped into MMT. MMT for a long time was beyond my understanding. MMT would gallop and I would be left wondering. But the moment I jumped in, everything was sorted. I made virtual friends for the first time. I was very wary of making virtual friends till then. MMT has become that one place where I have had the best time of my life after college. And it has been really long since I left college. I met so many people from different countries and from different walks of life. All of them so creatively blessed. I feel so blessed to be a part of this forum. Never would have I found so many like minded and lovely people at one place. NBT has been an experience for me just because of this lovely forum and MMT especially. And today I cannot stay without my MMT friends. I just love you people so much. It feels like I have known you all forever. πŸ€—πŸ˜ƒ

All thanks to this lovely show NBT. The show gave me immense joy and my first virtual friends. Many of whom are my FB contacts. I always wonder how will my friends sound like when I hear them talk. I am so eager to meet you people. Some of you...I dont know how you look like . No profile pic on FB 😑 πŸ˜†. But I still feel so connected. I will always remember NBT for this special reason.  πŸ˜³

Today NBT 1.0 is ending. I dont know how I am feeling now. I am just too numb. The feeling of this beauty of a show going off air has still not sunk in. May be next week I will feel the void. I dont know if NBT 2.0 will be just as beautiful as this one. But all I have to say is I will miss Mohan, Megha, Nanhi, Addu, Guru, Jiji and the other characters of NBT 1. And I have found friends for a lifetime here with whom I will always keep in touch. Love you all.πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Hit.It.Miss thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

congrats Sumi, SIZZLERZ πŸ₯³   πŸ₯³   πŸ€—   

ok reserving my spot here to comment, haven't read it yet but looks beautiful itni door se tou zaroor acha ho ga, you seem to have written it with so much love

ok now will get back here to comment later
pc_pals thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Congratulations  Sumi πŸ₯³

Reserving here..😳

*unreserving*

Well girl you told words fly away..😑 Badmaash ladki ..it's so heartfelt that its reminds me again that I have lost something today😭 πŸ‘...anyways this was worth writing and reading too on such an occasion..there would not have been any other day to pay a heartfelt tribute to NBT with pink colours..reminds me, Pink colour is the one which is more obvious on Rangeela channel πŸ˜† 

Same sentiments regarding the first episode dearie..it did not had that spark but Mrs. Vyas had a different persona, a different face from what we are seeing on TV..by the time I was looking at her, I ended up focussing on Nanhi..Her prayers, her understanding with her mother was worth noticing..not a regular TV kid who pretends to be an adult..par apni Nanhi " hai to 8 saal ki, par jab baat karti hai to 19 ki lagti hai " πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 

Seriously your connection is kinda similar to me..I have seen my MIL binding entire family after my Father-in-law death..though she was a working lady, but tried her best to take care of everyone including sons, in-laws and her parents too..i really feel proud of your mother-in-law Sumi..πŸ‘ My mother and me used to discuss in the beginning about women like Mrs Vyas with a pride and how society think about them..and we came across someone who being a widow could not understand the pain of Mrs. Vyas and both of us felt very bad ..but then we realize , that this is the way society have conditioned everyone and they won't change easily..this makes us more sad 😭..but nevertheless, I did not stop watching Mirchi madam struggleπŸ˜† der se hi sahi , subah to aati hi hai..

I seriously feel glad about NBT that it tried to stay different from the crowd..And gave us a very genuine, believable characters and a wonderful layered story for a long time..and if not the episodes were fun, MMT made it special for me too..And more than that you guys made it addictive than show..it was like a virtual family whom we are chatting with and NbT characters were our close relatives..πŸ˜† I have browsed some forum randomly few times πŸ˜† Must say this was the only place where we adored, criticized, cried and loved NBT and especially truly yours Zulfi Mohan..πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜³ πŸ˜†

No one knows about what is gonna happen in second season..so let's be happy about NBT 1.0 which gave us epic sweet moments...which made us fall for them " Dheere se, Haule se" πŸ˜³

Edited by passionalive - 11 years ago