DC: JDJs numero uno - Gurmeet

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Jhalak's numero uno, Gurmeet

A glitzy ceremony on Sunday night saw TV actor Gurmeet Choudhary being crowned the winner of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa Season 5. Gurmeet beat tough competition from colleagues Rithvik Dhanjani and Rashmi Desai to grab the numero uno spot. A day after his win, Gurmeet says the good news is still to sink in. "I've been working on this show for four months and to manage to reach the finale itself was a huge achievement," said Gurmeet.

Juggling the rehearsals and shoots for Jhalak along with his popular daily soap Punar Vivaah was as tough an act as some of the complicated dance routines he performed. "I shot 12 hours a day for four weeks. Jhalak required me to shoot four days a week, and the rest of my time would be taken up by my show. My wife Debina was immensely supportive," says Gurmeet.

While Jhalak is over, Gurmeet's work on Punar Vivaah continues. Taking a celebratory break too won't be immediately possible. "The team of Punar Vivaah wants to celebrate. I've not been able to take a break yet, but I'm hoping to have a day or two off to take some rest," says Gurmeet, whose winning bounty also comprised a cash prize of Rs 40 lakh. Next up on Gurmeet's horizon is a Bollywood film, and the telly star β€” who has previously worked in Geet Hui Sabse Parayi and Ramayan β€” is eager to test his acting prowess on the big screen. "I would love to do a film. I am not thinking about production yet, but I would definitely love to act in one," says Gurmeet, adding, "I always do what I enjoy and love. That's what satisfies me."

Edited by Armu4eva - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9
He deserves to be in Bollywood...

TanShi_CrazyLuv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
BEST OF LUCK FOR FUTURE

Mittals Producer's of Punar Vivah will surely  gve u a break as they are too kind

thxxx to Miittaallss if they will gve

lov u alot n pls Tcz Alot

Sooo Happpyy u won
I_LoveYou_Kanha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
TFS!!!
I wish to see him in bollywood!!
GC rocks!!
ana56 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i wish him best of luck
he deserves a chance to be in bollywood
let s see what s next in store for us fans and also for GC
COLOGY thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
tfs... really wish to see him in bollywood soon. Hopefully in good films, as many tv actors are trying their luck with avg moviesπŸ˜”
GCrck thumbnail
aww GC still not getting proper rest...
_wallflower_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanks tanu...
really appriciate ur hard work  throughout the whole JDJ journey.. and ur great efforts to keep us updated with the latest buzz in other forums also...πŸ‘πŸ‘

all the best GC... for ur great career and happy life...

Edited by disha_Maan.GC - 11 years ago
x-affy-x thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
would love to see him in a movie
gctherealgem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
You are a terrific actor and a fantabulous performer, i am sure you have a long way to go.  All the very best for your future ventures