FF: D for Desire #2 (Ch 15 - 21)

Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago
Thanks a lot to my readers for keeping me inspired all through, even when I am late to make updates. This new thread is all because of you. Thanks! 😊 You are the best readers an amateur writer can ever get.

I would like to apologise if you find this update a bit off. I am pretty drained after following the BS leaving/ not leaving drama and sadly, this whole fiasco has spoiled my post-wedding mood.

Banner Courtesy: GanBarunFan

Khushi sat with the girls for dinner. She could not eat much since her eyes were all set on a table across the hall. There sat Arnav with Mr. Sharma and few other senior employees and of course, Neha. Neha was sitting on Arnav's left & most of the times, as Khushi could see, her hands were more on him than on the cutlery. Was she even eating anything? Khushi was completely distracted & just playing with the forks hardly anything going down her throat. She noticed other girls of the table were also glancing at Neha.

"What does she think of herself?"

"She thinks she can bag ASR that way?"

"ASR does not give a damn about that girl."

"Then why is he pampering her? What is she even doing in this party?"

"Oh God! She is all over him!"

Khushi could hear them almost echo most of her thoughts .. only that some of her thoughts included pulling the hairs out of a certain b***h, being the least hostile of all. How could Arnav do this? He has done this intentionally .. that son of a .. Laad Governor! Khushi kept fuming over the entire dinner hardly being able to look away from that table. Arnav just looked once at her and gave her a lopsided smile as their eyes met and then looked away leaving Khushi fuming even more. He would pay for this, Khushi promised.

After dinner, everyone scattered over the hall and the dance floor was being prepared with soft music already being played in attempt to build the mood. Aman, Arnav's manager suddenly drew everyone's attention as he put on the headset.

"Everyone! This party is solely to celebrate the partnership between AR Designs and S&S Industries. We have progressed highly as we have worked out things together in the last week and we are sure this project is going to be a success .."

Aman continued for a little bit more and then he welcomed Arnav to say something.

"I feel great to be a part of such agile team. We have the best people on board from both the companies and we are sure to make this project a success. I have had a discussion with Mr. Sharma this morning and we have both agreed on the turning point of this project. We were stuck for a while but someone from the team came forward with an unusual but .. apparently brilliant idea to get the project back on track. So we have decided to thank this very person for the immense contribution & dedication she has shown for this project. Ms. Khushi Kumar Gupta, can you please join us here?"

Khushi's eyes widened as Arnav finished his little speech, never looking at her, most professionally and then looked straight into her eyes as he called for her. She looked at Mr. Sharma, astonished and he smiled at her. Khushi tried to figure out what Arnav was cooking as she slowly moved towards Arnav. Mr. Sharma also joined Arnav and as Khushi slowly stood by him, he smiled at her affectionately, "I am sorry dear, you must have thought I was being a brute not considering your health condition. But I could not let you miss this party since we had a surprise planned for you. I am sure you don't regret coming now."

When Arnav had called Mr. Sharma this morning to invite to the party, they also had discussed the team involved and how to work going forward. They both had agreed on making Khushi the project coordinator since she had the right passion & skill to take it forward. Arnav hadclearly explained that he would have loved to make her a co to the project manager but since she was yet to learn a lot, coordinating such an important project would in fact, prepare her for more. Of course, taking up this role would require her to travel to Delhi frequently but Mr. Sharma had ensured Arnav he would take care of that. Mr. Sharma, most definitely, had failed to read the excitement in Arnav's voice. Arnav also had proposed that her effort should be recognized to keep her motivated & thus they had come up with a plan to acknowledge her in the party. So there was no way she could miss the party. It was to keep a secret between the two owners and so Mr. Sharma had to bluntly refuse Khushi's excuse and force her to come. He was very affectionate to Khushi and so was feeling a little bad that he acted so insensitive. But this was for her own good. He knew she would be happy in the end.

Khushi smiled back at Mr. Sharma but her brain was working fast. Was this what she thought it was? So this was what Arnav had told Mr. Sharma about her! Did Arnav plan all this to ..? Khushi's thoughts were interrupted as Arnav's voice cut in, "Ms. Gupta has proved her capacity & integrity so far and we have decided that she has earned her position as the Project Coordinator till the project lasts. We hope she will make the best use of this opportunity. Aman, from AR Designs will be the Project Manager as already declared and Ms. Gupta will be assisting him all through."

Khushi stood speechless unable to render any reaction. She wished so much right now she could hate Arnav. Never ever in her life, Khushi Kumari Gupta had felt so unsure of herself. This had to be the best news she could ever get but she was busy pondering what Arnav was up to! Whatever it was, she should be celebrating right now, this being her biggest professional achievement so far but there was not an iota of elation existing anywhere near her mind. She was confused. Again.

Khushi got out of her trance as Arnav walked up to her and extended his right hand towards her. Khushi, almost mechanically, met his hand with hers and almost got electrocuted as her small palm got lost in the tight grip of his strong palm. Only his touch could do this to her. Only his touch could make her forget everything else. She forgot the dilemma of thoughts brewing inside her mind for a second and looked up to meet his dark coffee eyes. His eyes were smiling.

"I had to make sure you are coming to the party," Arnav whispered & released her hand.

Khushi did not realize much what was going around everyone was clapping & cheering at her, Aman congratulated her wishing for a great teamwork, Mr. Sharma expressed how proud he was for her .. Khushi responded to all but her eyes & ears were all set on Arnav. Khushi could feel rage slowly evolving above all other emotions. Was he trying to bribe her?

The celebration went for a little while as everyone walked up to Khushi to congratulate her. The girls seemed genuinely happy and Pam gave her a warm smile. "I would work twice harder from tomorrow only if that could get me a hand shake from him," one of the girls commented with dreamy eyes. Khushi was taken aback. Was she really getting those what were dreams for many? Should not she be happy about it?

After a little while, announcement was given for everyone to join the dance floor. The first track was a fast one to set the mood. All the girls started dancing as Khushi kept watching from a distance. One by one, the guys also started joining them. Arnav was standing opposite to Khushi with Neha holding on to his arms & constantly blabbering. Khushi caught him staring at her & she remembered what she had asked Arnav to do. The happenings of the last few minutes almost made her forget their discussion earlier this evening. Her eyes moved to the place where Neha was holding him and she cursed herself for the way she was feeling right now. She was supposed to be angry at him .. in fact, she was. Then from where this green eyed monster was coming into the picture? Yes, Khushi had to admit, she was seeing green everywhere since Neha had appeared. And again green has started seething through the red.. pangs of jealousy much, much stronger than her anger for Arnav plotting her.

Arnav was standing with Neha totally nonchalant to her blabbering but suddenly, Khushi saw, he told something in her ears and she exclaimed in excitement. The next moment Neha was almost dragging Arnav to the dance floor and Arnav tried to match with her steps keeping a straight-face, still staring at Khushi. Arnav said something to a guy in the floor and he almost ran away to fulfill his boss's command. The song changed to a softer one and Arnav extended his hands towards Neha. Neha, of course held onto not only his arms but his whole body almost, and they started dancing.

"That bast*rd," Khushi muttered under her grinding teeth. He was fulfilling her wish by dancing with Neha! He knew he was getting back at her. Khushi could not do anything but fuming at her spot. She asked for this herself. "Now eat your own words, Khushi Kumari Gupta."

After dancing with Neha for around a minute or two, which seemed like eternity to Khushi, Arnav suddenly let go of her & moved to Pam asking her for a dance, surprising both Neha & Pam. Saying Pam was shocked, would be an understatement. Pam recovered quickly though; being Mr. Raizada's secretary had done wonders to her nerves. She held Arnav's hands trying to figure out what has happened to his boss suddenly. It had to be Ms. Gupta, Pam decided. She has driven him nuts. After dancing for a while, Arnav confirmed with Pam if she had rescheduled Ms. Gupta's ticket for an afternoon flight on the day after tomorrow. Pam hid a smile and nodded most professionally. She was right! It must be Ms. Gupta! It seemed her irresistible Boss had finally been hit by a lightning bolt.

Arnav was on a spree to shock everyone tonight, Aman decided as he saw her boss approach Madhu for a dance as he moved away from the Pam. He eventually danced with all the girls in turn, taking all of them in surprise. Some of them could not even dance being so close to him was more than they could take. Arnav realized his effects on them as he tried to dance with them sincerely. He was wondering all the time what made Khushi ask for something like that. She had been extremely jealous of Neha, he noticed. He smirked inwardly as he remembered how her jealousy led them to have their first lovemaking .  Lovemaking? Did he just say lovemaking, not s*x? Ok, something was definitely wrong with him! He had never used that term ever since he had learnt it existed!

Arnav searched for Khushi as he was dancing with the last girl on the floor last girl except for Khushi. Arnav was surprised as he found her smilingly watching him dance there was not a bit of jealousy or anger or jealousy in her eyes. She looked happy & contented.

"This girl will drive me crazy," Arnav muttered in disbelief, "Why is she enjoying me dancing with others?"

Arnav felt a bit frustrated that this was not affecting Khushi in any way but his brains gave him the right signals again. He knew what he had to do. Leaving his last dance partner with a smile, he moved towards Neha and asked her for a dance again. All the time, Arnav's eyes were fixed on Khushi and he hid a triumphant laugh as he noticed the rapid change of her expression. Her smile vanished as soon as she realized what Arnav was up to and he saw something green taking over her eyes again. He knew his girl well!

Arnav finished the remaining of the song with Neha. Neha was trying to have another round with him but he brushed her off, his eyes all set on the last girl on the floor. A girl draped in red .. A girl who had no idea what she was doing to him since his eyes landed on her by the pool an hour back.

Arnav knew he would love to see her in red. Red, to him, is regal & exquisite. He had a line of clothing dedicated to Red only. He has fond memories of red being his sister's bridal wear, being his mother's most preferred choice for Sari. He had had girlfriends more than one. He had gifted them red dresses but not red Sari to any of them. And not anyone, not even the models in the ramp, looked as gracious in Red as Khushi Kumari Gupta was looking in that red chiffon sari. Arnav handpicked the Sari from AR's exclusive collection & requested Pam to take care of it. He was unsure if she would accept the gift or would wear it tonight. He would have prayed to God, if he had believed, so that she did not have anything else to wear to the party. He even made sure it reached her hotel a bit late so that she could not go shopping. He had everything planned to make sure she came & she came in red.

Arnav saw Khushi staring at her as he walked towards her in steady strides. The melodious intro of a new song started playing. As soon as he reached her, she tried to move away swiftly but Arnav blocked her by extending his hand towards her.

"With every girl, you said," he whispered.

Khushi looked into his eyes her anger & jealousy still boiling inside her. She wished she could just push him on the floor and do something outrageous to punish him for what crime, she did not know for making her feel the way she felt, for making her confused like hell, for making her feel so jealous that she almost felt sick, to make her feel apprehensive about her apparently best professional achievement .. But it was not time to make a scene; she noticed all eyes were on them, all happily smiling, waiting to see Arnav Singh Raizada dance with the girl of the night. Khushi gave him her right hand & he did not waste a second to pull her closer to him. He ushered her to the dance floor as the song kept playing.

"Tumhi dekho naa yeh kya ho gaya

Tumhara hoon main aur tum meri

Main hairaan hoon tumhen kya kahu

Ke din mein hui kaisi chaandani "

They swirled, they merged, they smelled, they fondled not for once withdrawing from each other, they made love right then, right there. Completely unaware of where they were, they danced in unison, in a frenzy of passion. For him only she existed, for her only he. It gave an outlet to their inner tension, burning down all the confusions & questions as the ecstasy of being together surpassed everything else. Nothing else mattered. Only the feeling of togetherness was all that was left between them.

Neither realized when they stopped dancing, frozen in each others' arms, as the song stopped playing too. They jolted back to reality as loud sounds of applause cut through their trance. Khushi, being conscious of their surroundings, stepped away immediately. She tried to regularize her breathing but as her eyes met his darkened eyes, she skipped a heartbeat. She knew those eyes reflected her own .. she again was burning in that untamable desire that she did not know even existed before meeting Arnav.

Right at that moment, looking into each other's eyes, they both confessed to themselves silently.

They needed each other.

Part 20 (Slightly Matured)

Edited by Omoraboti - 10 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Gan- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Wonderful update Farah!

This is a nice break from the weekend madness...love how you write darling!
vkp1989 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Congo for new thread.Party 🥳
Awosome update.
laksh65 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
nice update, congrats for thread 2
sur91 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
Finally an update of this wonderful story. It was nice but I'm now waiting for the next one more
vandana.sagar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Superb, loved it, love how he keeps dancing with all of the girls and Khushi is watching. Loved how he is thinking abt her all the time...and sweet Mr Sharma...loved the update, thanks for the pm.
ThanuAditya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Congratzz for the new thread !!

Loved to c Khushi soo jealous !! Loved ArHi's dance man ! They r maha adorable ! Sweet !

Awesome update
dennisdmenace thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Lovely update...helped me to continue in my SKD.
I wanna see this jealousy angle more...
Edited by mouramen - 11 years ago
mtina0207 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Beautiful beautiful absol freaking lutely beautiful...amazing...😳😳😳😳😳

Boy, the man is wicked...😉
Edited by mtina0207 - 11 years ago
Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: GanBarunFan

Wonderful update Farah!

This is a nice break from the weekend madness...love how you write darling!

Thanks G!

I read nearly 30 pages of crooner last night .. did not comment and just only got frustrated more! 😆 Really needed a breat!!