Manish_Shetty thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Note: you may find this post lengthy and also irrelevant, but i had to make this post. Please if possible go through this. I dont intend to bore anyone. This is the truth of my life.

Why is my life going on the same track as that of Suvreen Guggal?? πŸ˜•
You guys may be thinking that I am simply bluffing and simply making a post, but no this is true. 
Except for the love failure part rest all remains the same. I have wonderful friends just like her. I had good marks like her in my +2. I too am a commerce student just like her. I too study in the number one college of Bangalore - Christ University. I enjoy the college just like her.
And recently i also had a new twist in life when i had to choose a mandatory certificate course and I as am really interested in acting thought of joining one of the theater productions in my university, but then went into confusion as to what to opt for and finally i gave up such a good opportunity and took up something else, and i am regretting that damn badly. 
I want to be a actor one day and this is my dream, now i face same thing. I just browsed through the net and found about a acting workshop in Bangalore, and the timing too is convenient. I damn badly want to join it so that i can improve my acting skills. I spoke to my parents just now and they are like no now you just concentrate on studies. Why don't they understand that this is the right time. 
I love my parents a lot. I know that they love me too, but why are they not able to understand my dream. I am good in my studies. I got good marks even in my mid-sems and they are happy with it. I am not telling them that I will quit my studies or something. I too want to complete my B.Com (Hons.) degree with good marks and i have promised them that I will make them proud, but what is wrong in acting??? They too love watching TV, then why do they hate this profession of acting?
Why cant I decide what i want??  
It is me who is supposed to think abt what I ll be happy doing and not them. I am a major now. When will they give me that authority to decide on my life. And they always say that I am irresponsible, how will i even get responsibility when they dont allow me to even take decisions of my life? I love them and this is my weakness.
The only question that is left in my mind is now WHY???
When will i get my freedom to think???

Guys I am really sorry. Maybe I made a very vague post and this is really personal. But, I felt that the only place I can post my feelings is in this forum. And that too I am shocked at the way my life is taking the track of SG.

Do you guys to feel the same abt ur life??  Plz reflect on your view points.

I again am sorry for a post like this on this forum. Maybe u may not find this relevant but I am sorry. I just wanted to share this and I know my IF friends will always like to listen to my point of view. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ok if honestly i would have been in ur place , i will defntly follow my dream , i know parents are important n i love dem , but ryt now d decision should be chosen by u , because its ur life not theirs , they must b thinking that dis is a weird type of prfsion , but i think they will b very happy when they will see u in tv , try dat , ppl in my place r also interested in acting but dey dun get opportunities bcause this is a Arabic country there is no such Acting schools here , u r one lucky guy think about those who just have choice to do is sit back n let the sand slip from hand , watch 3 idiots dude , u'll get ur answer ,... try to take a gud decision now , i know ur parents will love u den  "Jis kam mien dil nahi lgta , us mein kamyabi nahi hoskti " - My teachers says that LOl !  Edited by -RadxAli- - 11 years ago
KTEP thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nothing is straight forward in life... No dreams come true without a struggle... It's the true test for your passion to conquer the obstacles between you and your dreams...
akshayR thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
ok manish..no problem if its a long post..but u actually have shown the truth and that's what SG is showing alongwith a bit of heartbreak thing. I know this is a problem in india as people think only engineering and doctors and Law to some extent is the only thing left . Although i am also doing B.Tech and i never faced problem regarding this as i was given enough flexibility to choose where i want to go. But again (sorry m taking some parts from SG which i really liked..) like suvi said u have struggle in starting of every thing..be it in anything as she didn't know about management anything..but still she was able to do it...similarly she will start up with fashion.

But u know manish and also RadxAli, u must be knowing today the competition along with the fees and stuff that parents have to also think twice about scope of the field and also the money they r investing in it..and how fruitful it will be...they have even more pressure than us because they have a responsibility on their shoulders too...and responsibility of their own child..i think we will realize that responsibility someday when we are at their place..which they love the most and unko darr rehta hain ki god forbid agar kuch ho gaya and u cud not excel..(that even u can't say that i will excel for sure..pakka 100% )..then what will happen..coz the world nowadays is cold & cruel now to be frank...but again m not saying that we are wrong πŸ˜Š

For example..i like both cricket and meddling with computer machines and trying new things with it. My parents had no problem with me playing cricket but the only problem was too much crowd in it..like u must have seen..there must be many players who r v. deserving but their life ends in playing domestic cricket itself...and dats where the confidence thing comes..that how can one be so confident that i will surely reach the top...coz in these cases u need to be at the top...

So that's what i am trying to say...that here and in SG..both are right with their own perspectives. So my idea will be try not to have an argument..talk to them quietly...and as yuvi said "dil se bol...agar dil se bolegi..tabhi dil tak pohochegi...πŸ˜ƒ"

Sorry if u felt offended if i brought in some parts of SG in here...but i though its right to put it in here...and i also write a hell lot !!...sorry for long speech πŸ˜›
Manish_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RadxAli-

Ok if honestly i would have been in ur place , i will defntly follow my dream , i know parents are important n i love dem , but ryt now d decision should be chosen by u , because its ur life not theirs , they must b thinking that dis is a weird type of prfsion , but i think they will b very happy when they will see u in tv , try dat , ppl in my place r also interested in acting but dey dun get opportunities bcause this is a Arabic country there is no such Acting schools here , u r one lucky guy think about those who just have choice to do is sit back n let the sand slip from hand , watch 3 idiots dude , u'll get ur answer ,... try to take a gud decision now , i know ur parents will love u den  "Jis kam mien dil nahi lgta , us mein kamyabi nahi hoskti " - My teachers says that LOl ! 

i completely agree with u...i knw nw i ll have to take my stand...but the thing is i dont want to hurt them..becoz by this i will hurt myself...and i ll not be able to give my best to what ever i take up...😭..but i ll not let go my dream so easily...i ll work hard..i ll take up challenges...😊...this is a promise for myself..anyways my end-sems are coming up...i ll work very hard and make sure tat i ll be a topper...maybe this will make them feel that I am responsible in my life and i ll be able to take decisions regarding my life...i ll not hurt them but will make them more proud of me...i want to see a day when they will proudly say that I am their son...😊
Manish_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: KTEP

Nothing is straight forward in life... No dreams come true without a struggle... It's the true test for your passion to conquer the obstacles between you and your dreams...

Thanx a lot...i ll get my dream fulfilled...i ll remove all the hurdles that will take me away from my dream...😊
Manish_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: akshayR

ok manish..no problem if its a long post..but u actually have shown the truth and that's what SG is showing alongwith a bit of heartbreak thing. I know this is a problem in india as people think only engineering and doctors and Law to some extent is the only thing left . Although i am also doing B.Tech and i never faced problem regarding this as i was given enough flexibility to choose where i want to go. But again (sorry m taking some parts from SG which i really liked..) like suvi said u have struggle in starting of every thing..be it in anything as she didn't know about management anything..but still she was able to do it...similarly she will start up with fashion.

But u know manish and also RadxAli, u must be knowing today the competition along with the fees and stuff that parents have to also think twice about scope of the field and also the money they r investing in it..and how fruitful it will be...they have even more pressure than us because they have a responsibility on their shoulders too...and responsibility of their own child..i think we will realize that responsibility someday when we are at their place..which they love the most and unko darr rehta hain ki god forbid agar kuch ho gaya and u cud not excel..(that even u can't say that i will excel for sure..pakka 100% )..then what will happen..coz the world nowadays is cold & cruel now to be frank...but again m not saying that we are wrong πŸ˜Š

For example..i like both cricket and meddling with computer machines and trying new things with it. My parents had no problem with me playing cricket but the only problem was too much crowd in it..like u must have seen..there must be many players who r v. deserving but their life ends in playing domestic cricket itself...and dats where the confidence thing comes..that how can one be so confident that i will surely reach the top...coz in these cases u need to be at the top...

So that's what i am trying to say...that here and in SG..both are right with their own perspectives. So my idea will be try not to have an argument..talk to them quietly...and as yuvi said "dil se bol...agar dil se bolegi..tabhi dil tak pohochegi...πŸ˜ƒ"

Sorry if u felt offended if i brought in some parts of SG in here...but i though its right to put it in here...and i also write a hell lot !!...sorry for long speech πŸ˜›

Akshay thanx a lot for the support dude...u r truly a very good guide..and ya i never felt offended...u are absolutely right..i know my parents are not my enemies...they are more concerned abt me than I am..may it is this age of mine that makes me more carefree and makes me take decisions at once without giving any heed to it...or may be it is my parents exprience that makes them feel more protective to me...but bro what i believe is that every profession has its own challenges...if tomorrow i am an accountant in a company then also in today's competitive world i  ll have a lot challenges...i can go wrong there also...or may it be manager..or may it be engineer..or may it be doctor...infact i believe that...challenges have become a part of life...i just want to prove it to them that acting is not a very bad profession it is just another profession and it is my dream...i may have a lil more of challenges in this but at the end of the day i ll be more successful in this rather than being in some company...i luv acting it is my passion...
And bro i know u r rite abt cost...i just want to confirm what is the price plan for this acting workshop which they are not allowing me too...but i ll for sure try my level best to convince them...i ll shw them suvreen guggal...i ll shw them my this post may be after exams...and ll for sure be able to convince them before the christmas holidays...hopefully...thanx a lot once again...and bro never apologies..becoz  i always belive that true friends are one who will tell me what is right and what wrong..u too have done the same..u helped me clear most of my doubts..u have made me realize what my parent's point of view is...and also u r elder to me..so in tat case u r like my elder bro...so u have all right to suggest me...i think if i had a elder bro he too would have said the same...😊
akshayR thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mani_shetty

Akshay thanx a lot for the support dude...u r truly a very good guide..and ya i never felt offended...u are absolutely right..i know my parents are not my enemies...they are more concerned abt me than I am..may it is this age of mine that makes me more carefree and makes me take decisions at once without giving any heed to it...or may be it is my parents exprience that makes them feel more protective to me...but bro what i believe is that every profession has its own challenges...if tomorrow i am an accountant in a company then also in today's competitive world i  ll have a lot challenges...i can go wrong there also...or may it be manager..or may it be engineer..or may it be doctor...infact i believe that...challenges have become a part of life...i just want to prove it to them that acting is not a very bad profession it is just another profession and it is my dream...i may have a lil more of challenges in this but at the end of the day i ll be more successful in this rather than being in some company...i luv acting it is my passion...
And bro i know u r rite abt cost...i just want to confirm what is the price plan for this acting workshop which they are not allowing me too...but i ll for sure try my level best to convince them...i ll shw them suvreen guggal...i ll shw them my this post may be after exams...and ll for sure be able to convince them before the christmas holidays...hopefully...thanx a lot once again...and bro never apologies..becoz  i always belive that true friends are one who will tell me what is right and what wrong..u too have done the same..u helped me clear most of my doubts..u have made me realize what my parent's point of view is...and also u r elder to me..so in tat case u r like my elder bro...so u have all right to suggest me...i think if i had a elder bro he too would have said the same...😊

Of course yaar..no profession is bad or anything..its just the mentality like pappa G also had that fashion designing is for rich people..CERTAINLY not true...and abt cost that is a v.small thing for our parents when it comes to us...coz when it comes to our happiness...they can do actually anything for us..
And yeah sure..go ahead with making them watch SG..but we gotto see what SG itself leads to πŸ˜›πŸ˜†
Manish_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: akshayR

Of course yaar..no profession is bad or anything..its just the mentality like pappa G also had that fashion designing is for rich people..CERTAINLY not true...and abt cost that is a v.small thing for our parents when it comes to us...coz when it comes to our happiness...they can do actually anything for us..
And yeah sure..go ahead with making them watch SG..but we gotto see what SG itself leads to πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Ya so true..i need to first make sure that it is all fine and as i want it to be before showing it to them...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
kim.rayat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi mani, reading ur post now, i think this is the problem every next student is facing in India. I must say SG is showing sumthing that every viewer could relate with, even our parents couldπŸ˜›. There is sumthing similar with my life too. I belong to a doctor family and since my childhood i was supposed to be the same in future. I wanted to be a hockey player but some how the brain was programmed to opt medical I was also thinking that its good coz of its repo. To top in exams, we were kept away from all distractions. when i opted medical, i found interest in research, but still i opted dentistry, just coz i wanted to fulfill my father's dream. I was disrict topper till 12th. but when i reached college my marks became average. I completed dentistry in a hope that i would further do postgraduation in research. but after graduation, i was gifted a clinic. For my father's happiness i accepted that. but today i'm not satisfied at all. I remain so much disturbed that now i don't even speak properly to anyone. My whole frustration is poured onto my mother. Everyday keep on repeating that i don't want to be just a dentist coz having a clinic was last in my priority list. Now i can't change my line niether can get ride of it. Getting admission in dentistry is also an honour and i respect my proffession a lot, but i'm not able to avoid my dreams and that makes me feel so insecure. I know my mom gets hurt, but now things arn't getting any better, I love my mother a lot, but can't hold myself back in rage. I always knew that things won't work properly, thats why i always kept a backup plan. This all happened coz my father thought that he knew wat i want and i thought i should always listen to my father. we never had an argument like one between suvi n her dad, during studies, but now twice i had  loud arguments... even then i said vague things, couldn't tell the reason y i'm upset. My father is not wrong, its just that i never found courage to say anything.My father still don't know anything. My frnz say wat u want more than this, but the thing is just that its nt matching with my thinking.
Ya i too wrote a long story😊 I don't know in wat way my experience would help you but i just want to say, watever u want to do, think twice, coz u need to earn money, but mental satisfaction is also important. My each day starts and ends thinking wat i wished to do. Even if u won't be able to join acting course, don't leave acting untill u are graduate. Join any local acting school or crash courses in holidays. keep ur dream safe untill ur parents feel secure abt ur future... They arn't wrong, neither u r,,, either change the situation or change urself, otherwise u wouldn't be able even to share ur regression with anyone coz, no1 else can sense wat u feel or think...
 all the best...
Edited by kim.rayat - 11 years ago