Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

purpleymatter thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Exactly his absence made me realize how important Raghav was for this show. The finale fell flat without him, in terms of everything..
dumbledore1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yes it was disappointing.
Anu101 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Totally agree with you. The finale was seriously disappointing. The first few weeks were mind blowing. Couldn't take my eyes off the TV. I loved all their performances. And yes I agree with you in Raghav's matter. He was the force that was holding everything together. The kids loved him. The finale was not even upto the standard of a normal episode. I'm really going to miss all those kids and their beautiful performances. Just going to forget the finale or else it would just runi the whole experience!!!
LeadNitrate thumbnail

Originally posted by: pigbelly4myfeet

Aww, yaar I'm sorry I can't join you fully in this rant, because I genuinely LOVED the Vrushali, Kruti, Vaishnavi, Shalini classical performance. I was toh mostly just watching Vrushali. YAAR, how graceful is this woman? 

This performance was such a treat for me...one because I was expecting nothing out of this episode and I was just going to go through the motion of watching the episode, so to speak. Plus, such a PURE dance performance after so long. A dance performance that doesn't involve Raghav, yet I still enjoyed it. It was just such a feminine, girly performance and I've MISSED watching this kind of a girly performance on DID ever since DID 1 when Vrushali was a contestant. I swear, NO ONE on DID can beat her on her ability to perform the most subtle and girly of movements so gracefully. Except Soumya in the grace department, but their styles and ages are so different that you can't compare. 

Especially the steps like just covering the stage with that graceful walk...and the TINIEST of movements...I just love old school movements like these. Simple, graceful movements, which NOBODY does anymore. Even classical dancing these days has become more of a show off. But this dance was just so pure and well intentioned that I couldn't help but love it. 

I just love the way Vrushali simply WALKS on stage...that is grace to me. I feel like this girl will be doing these kinds of graceful hand movements even when she's 80. 😆 It's just so natural to her. 

And the way she just brings back the pure JOY of dancing! It shows clearly on her face. 

And all those little jumps too...just getting that feel/fun teasing nature of the song and incorporating all those classical styles and all those contestants coming together like that. It was just such a pure dance act. And so refreshing to see this after all the gimmicky type stuff on this show. 

*sigh* I swear, no one even DOES these kinds of simple, old school, classical steps anymore...only Vrushali brings them back. 

I mean, even just look at the way...during this one part where she is just holding a posture. It's SO pretty.  All the other girls were doing that exact posture too, but the way Vrushali did it...the way she had that graceful and feminine arc in her body...it was so pretty. She has this softness in her dancing...this unbelievable thehraav. I can't help be in awe and be inspired and WANT to be able to dance like that. :)

had to qoute you on this pallavi. I AGREE WORD, specially bold red.

First off, finally did redeemed itself in my eyes, i don't really remember when there was such a beautiful pure classical based, DANCE. vaishnavi did something but it was so cringy and messy with all sorts of wrong choices of songs and all.

and OMG vrushali. 
I was thinking all the while why she did kathak. She should have done mohiniyattam, with her grace, but then realised she  is the only one who could do kathak properly without me feeling not wanting to watch it.  I am not really a fan of the way people perform kathak, the mechanical way and very few performances actually breathe  soul in the kathak act for me.
Why did they exclude soumya. She should have been wonderful in kathak, vrushali could have done mohiniyattam, kruti kuchipudi, vaishnavi BN.  instead of the hodgepodge odissi they showed. Shalini could not even do the chauk properly. 
Also i missed amrita. Had she been there, probably they could have shown some manipuri.

Btw, can you distinguish between kuchipudi and bharatnatyam. Its such a shame, i thought kruti was doing Bharatnatyam and later geeta said its kuchipudi. I swear i saw vrushali and kruti do BN moves. I do not even get the difference from the dresses. yes only one move was typically kuchipudi i think, never mind.

and Vaishnavi was so good but sadly not upto the mark for mohiniyattam. She is yet to master the mastery of subtle expressions and slow and graceful moves that marks mohiniyattam.

No one can beat vrushali.
Vrushali even when she is standing, she is grace personified. And with all those years of training in graceful  classical dance forms, she has become amazing.

Also her costume selections are always smart, that accentuates the femininity of Kathak, unlike say a churidar and kurta.

and vrushali and kruti when they dance together, i actually felt kruti has deteriorated. Don't know why, but she came off very mechanical for a lack of better word.

and the small, just a nudge , just a wink of eyes and that expresses so much when vrushali does it.
She rocks it.

I just wished they had a better song.
Edited by tannipartner - 11 years ago
LeadNitrate thumbnail

Honestly leochology, can you stop attacking members just because they do not sing kruti bhajans all the time? 

And I agree with arre yaar, her harin moves and all seemed repetitive.

People might like her, people might not, people might think its repetitive. YOu do not need to be an expert on classical dance to have an opinion on performances.  If she does not like it, her business. She does not need to know the dance forms and practise them for 20 yrs to have the opinion. 

You think the audience who watches them are all trained classical dancer? Then all of us should just stop watching dance stuff and put everyone on pedestral and worship.
 what pisses me off is your condescending tone for anyone who will criticize kruti.  She is not beyond criticism. and you do not get to judge other members either.
Edited by tannipartner - 11 years ago
Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Well I'm glad no dance shows for a while Phewww! 😊