{> Anand Sagar's Ramayan AT #2 <}

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Welcome to Anand Sagar's Ramayan Appreciation Thread #2!

https://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1178/1178331n7yfp0mq3f.gif 

Ramayan is one of India's greatest epics depicting the trials and tribulations of Vishnu's seventh avatar, Lord Ramachandra. Along with his wife Sita and brother Lakshmana, Rama went on a 14-year exile to the forests at the behest of his stepmother to kill Ravana, the King of Lanka, and relieve the world of his tyranny. This epic teaches us how the ideal household should look and depicts the duties of various relationships, portraying the ideal son, ideal brother, ideal husband, ideal wife, ideal king, ideal mother, and ideal father. 

NDTV Imagine presented this show based primarily on Valmiki's Ramayan and Tulsidas' Ramcharitmanas, from 2008-2009 and met with great success from viewers around the nation as well as internationally. Produced by Sagar Arts, the family that introduced mythology on television, this age-old classic was retold with grand sets, a new star cast and lilting music. The enthralling production values and fresh approach to the storytelling gave this Ramayan an appeal that entertained and delighted viewers across all age groups, and will continue to do so from generation to generation.

Anand Sagar's Appreciation Thread #1:

Ramayan Forum of NDTV Imagine on IF:

Gurmeet Choudhary's "CONFIRMED" twitter account:
https://twitter.com/gurruchoudhary

Debina Bonnerjee Choudhary's "CONFIRMED" twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imdebina

Gurmeet and Debina's IF "BLOG":
https://gurmeetdebina.india-forums.com/

Gurmeet Choudhary's IF Celebrity Profile:

Debina Bonnerjee Choudhary's IF Celebrity Profile:

Akhilendra Mishra's IF Celebrity Profile:

Ankit Arora's IF Celebrity Profile:

Vikram Sharma's IF Celebrity Profile:

Vijay Bhatia's IF Celebrity Profile:

Lalit Negi's IF Celebrity Profile:

https://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1911/1911248aybafpyyb9.gif

JanakiRaghunath
Varnita.
ramsitakidasi
Dpka1415
akki-rockstar
aishi.muffin
sabydeep
Mallika113
Vedo
lily_k25
.Vrish.
--Thush--
bhakti2
JANAGI
ankita2804
RadhaHiBawari
...PARiNA...
KissOfDeath
rupalip
sam1903
_rajnish_
radt
DMKJ_VB
VersatileStar
-.Preet.-
alankrita1
jingjing
AlwaysBeHappy
bhoomja_2903
Rituparnaa
dorimon
lakshmi42
alka91
himanshuvij03
alankitaraj
devibabu
Gurmeetkidebina
desichica
Debipriya
-Swetha-
ananya93
Ankita_88
bestfan
bharat9
Iamsiya
jai sri ram
sharmila.sharmi
AarYa_ROCKS
.anishaa.
...first.rain...
Nandiniraizaada
..Sadiie..
jikky_84
Priyamvada
Radhikerani
Visha_Dhami
maneet_forever9
laxmipriya
kholita
visrom
Strawbella
shubhika124
Thabs
AmeTz

https://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2278/2278450mmcxvl45bu.gif
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Gurmeet Choudhary - Shri Ram / Lord Vishnu
Debina Bonnerjee Choudhary - Devi Sita / Mahalakshmi
Vikram Sharma - Lord Hanuman
Ankit Arora - Lakshman
Vijay Bhatia - Bharat
Lalit Negi - Shatrughan
Pankaj Kalra - Maharaj Dashrath
Rajni Chandra - Maharani Kaushalya
Sangeeta Kapure - Maharani Sumitra
Hemakshi Ujjain - Maharani Kaikeyi
Amit Pachori - Lord Shiva/Mahadev
Ashok Banthia - Brahmarshi Vishvamitra
Meenakshi - Urmila
Annu Dangi - Shrutakirti
Akhilendra Mishra - Lankapati Ravan
Jaya Ojha - Maharani Mandodari
Vinod Kapoor - Vibhishan
Praphulla Pandey - Meghnad (Indrajit)
Rakesh Deewana - Kumbhakarna
Rishabh Sharma - Kush (son of Ram and Sita)
Perin Monish Malde - Luv (son of Ram and Sita)
Jay GB Patel - Devraj Indra
Romanch Mehta - Lavanasur

Production House - Sagar Arts
Director - Anand Sagar
Producer(s) - Subhash Sagar, Prem Sagar, & Moti Sagar
Executive Producer - Rakesh Jain
Editor - Pappu Trivedi
Music Director/Composer - Ravindra Jain
Singers - Suresh Wadkar, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Sadhana Sargam, Satish Dehra, Pamela Jain, Ravi Tripathi, Amaye Daate, Rekha Rao, Prem Prakash, Kuldeep, Subhash Srivastav, Sanket, and Ravindra Jain
Designer of Sets - Omang Kumar
Costume Designer - Nisha Sagar

Memoirs of Gurmeet & Debina

It was a special father-son moment! - Gurmeet

Posted On:06 January 2010 at 12:00am

Comment: 24

View: 1314

My parents have stood by me, always. I know everyone thank their parents first and foremost but they truly do top my priority list. I believe in blessings and good wishes from them. To make them proud has been my childhood wish. January 4, 2008 was I guess when my father was most happy and proud of me. What happened was, that I had not given the news of me playing the role of Ram in 'Ramayan' to my family. I believe in announcing it, only once its 100% confirmed and ready for release. So after shooting the promos, the hoardings, billboards, posters etc were put up all over Mumbai city, I started getting congratulation calls from Jabalpur, Chandigarh everywhere! It was insane! I woke up that morning and saw how our show was put up in every corner, on BEST buses etc! So I quickly called my dad to show him around. He thought I got into a fight hearing my excitement. I drove him to the Juhu Cirlce on my bike that day with him seated behind me and there was this big hoarding of 'Ramayan' put up there. I pointed towards it. First my father didn't realize. Then I told him to look closer. Only later that did it strike him, that his son was playing the lead role of Ram in the serial! Being from the army, my father is a man of very few words and seldom shows emotion. But he hugged me tight from behind and had his eyes watering. That joy, pride, happiness I felt through his hug and eyes is something I won't ever forget for the rest of my life. It was a special father-son moment. A moment of great pride for a father and happiness for his son!

http://www.gurmeetdebina.india-forums.com/2010/01/289-it-was-a-special-father-son-moment-gurmeet.htm

From being Ms. Calcutta to playing mommy in Pati, Patni aur Woh ... it's been a wonderful journey! - Debina Bonnerjee

Posted On:07 January 2010 at 12:00am

Comment: 22

View: 2081

After that is when "Ramayan" happened to us. Guru tried for the auditions and asked me too. So once again I followed him and we were to play Ram and Sita. In the first week itself, the production house got many calls on how Gurmeet was so widely and happily accepted as Ram. This had set a high expectation on me to play Sita as well, if not better. The script writers had modified Sita's role and added fire and justice into her personality to make it more relatable to today's woman. They were all impressed as to how naturally it came from within for me. There were times when I would get so engrossed into my role that I would cry on the injustice Sita would have to bear! I started feeling very strongly for my role. Once I thought I needed psychiatric help, I was so into my character! I remember how on the last day I cried rivers without any glycerin help! It was a big deal for me, because being able to touch the audience is hard enough, but to move your colleagues, who know you are acting as they are at the same too, is harder or maybe hardest! During my last shot, as all of us were viewing it, many of my costars cried, including Gurmeet! It was a special episode for me and made me realize how many people I might have touched. After that 'Pati Patni aur Woh' came by which Gurmeet and I both thought was perfect for us to get out of the mythological characters' moulds, set free and get ourselves identified as and by our real names. Now I'm working on myself, ready for more interesting and diverse projects, as challenging as can be
http://www.gurmeetdebina.india-forums.com/journey/

Varnita. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

SHORT DESCRIPTION 

The Ramayana is an ancient Sanskrit Epic. It is ascribed to the Hindu sage Valmiki and forms an important part of the Hindu canon considered to be itihasa. The Ramayana is one of the two great epics of India and Nepal. It depicts the duties of relationships, portraying ideal characters like the ideal father, ideal servant, the ideal brother, the ideal wife and the ideal king.The name Ramayana is a compound of Rama and ayana, translating to "Rama's Journey". Just like most of the world's renowned Epics, multiple versions exist of India's most well known historical Epic, Ramayana. With over 300 identified variants of Ramayana existing across the world, it is one of the most revered and followed Epics in the world.
Ramayana comprises of seven chapters (known as "Kands"), namely, Bal Kand, Ayodhya Kand, Aranya Kand, Kishkindha Kand, Sunder Kand, Yuddh Kand (Lanka Kand and Uttar Khand, that narrate the major events in the life of Lord Ram in a chronological order. The Bal Kand describes the birth of Lord Ram, his childhood and his marriage to Sita.

1) The Ayodhya Kand describes the preparations for Lord Ram's coronation and his subsequent exile into forest.
2) The third part, Aranya Kand, describes Lord Ram's life in the forest during exile and the kidnapping of Sita by the Demon King, Ravan.
3) The fourth part, Kishkinda Kand, describes the meeting of Hanuman with Lord Ram, destruction of Vanara King, Vali, and the coronation of his younger brother Sugriva for the Kingdom of Kishkindha.
4) The Sundar Kand narrates the heroism of Hanuman, his flight to Lanka and meeting with Sita
5) The Yuddh Kand describes the battle between the armies of Lord Ram and the Demon King, Ravan
6) The last part, Uttar Kand, describes the birth of Luv and Kush to Sita, their coronation to the throne of Ayodhya and Lord Ram's final departure from the world.

Ramayan, based on Valmiki Ramayan and Tulsidas Ramcharitmanas, as well as CHakbasta's Urdu Ramayan, is an Indian television series produced by Sagar ARts which aired on NDTV Imagine. It is also partly derived from portions of Kambar's Kambaramayanam, Bhavarth Ramayan (Ramayana in Marathi), Krittivasi Ramayan (Ramayana in Bengali) by  Krittibas Ojha, Shree Rangnath Ramayana (Ramayana in Telugu) by Gona Budda Reddy, Ramchandra Charit Puranam (in Kannad) by Abhinavpamp Nagchandra, Adhyatama Ramayanam (in Malyalam) by Tunjat Eluchan,Shree Anand Ramayan by Pt. Ramlagna Pandey.

It is a remake of the highly successful Ramayan that was created, written, and directed by Ramanand Sagar and which aired on Doordarshan from 1987 to 1988.

The show won the "Most Promising New Show of the Year" award at the Indiantelevision.com's New Talent Awards. In addition to this, Gurmeet Choudhary, who played the lead role of Lord Rama won the "Most Promising New Talent of Tomorrow" Award.

Dubbed Versions 

NDTV Imagine which originally airs Ramayan has struck a syndication deal with UTV Software Communications which allows it to air Dubbed versions of Ramayan on Sun TV Network.

As part of the deal, NDTV Imagine will also get a revenue share from UTV after the earnings reach a particular level. UTV has paid a telecast fee to Sun for acquiring the prime time slot on the network channels. It will have the rights to sell air time.

Malayalam version

The Malyalam version of Ramayan was a daily which aired on Surya TV from Monday to Friday at 6.30 pm. Unni Menon sang the songs in the Malayalam version along with various other female artists.

Tamil version

Ramayan has been dubbed into Tamil and aired (as Ramayana) on Sun TV on all Sundays 9.30 AM to 10.30 AM in India and 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM in America

Telugu version

The Telgu version aired on Gemini TV.

Gujarati version

The Gujrati version aired on ETV Gujrati.

Edited by Varnita. - 11 years ago
Varnita. thumbnail

The NDTV Ramayan Series is available on Youtube which I am Uploading Myself after the closing of NDTV Imagine's account. I m on my Half way in Uploading the Episodes and will try my best to Upload all 300 Episodes as Soon as Possible.

For Watching the HQ Episodes with English Subs online on Youtube Follow this account.

Join Various Fanclubs Opened in Facebook forKeeping our Show alive and Get Promoted 😊

~RAMAYANA~**Ek Punya Katha Siyaram ki** _/\_

Ramayan: adbhut hai mahima do akshar ke naam ki

:: Ramayan ::

Ramayan

*^*.:Sagar Arts.:*:.Ramayana:.*^*

Gurmeet Choudhary & Debina - Ndtv Ramayan

'''

Today we both are in a nostalgic mood as its been a year since Ramayan ended.  We thought why not share our thoughts on these golden days with you. 

Debina: I had to cry for the last scene of the last episode, my tears far from being just on-screen became quite visible off-screen.  I was in pain as my character of Sita which I had played for 1.5 years was coming to an end; I had felt Sita's pain throughout the portrayal of the character and it was difficult to see this journey come to an end.  After a day or so, we all sat down together to see the episode and I had to ask Guru to tell me if people around could feel Sita's pain.  It was with the death of Sita that our whole team realized that the show had really come to an end.  As I narrate this day to you all, my eyes are again filled with tears.  Those were really the golden days and unknowingly we created history. 

Gurmeet: With the end of Sita, we all came to the realization that the show as about to end.  For the first time in my life, I cried loudly like a baby.  Debi somehow managed to calm me down.  I still remember my last scene in which I had to walk barefoot on a hot ground and then enter a river.  It was really hot that day but the pain inside me was so immense that I felt no external pain.  I loved living the character and eating, sleeping, drinking Ram.  I thought let me drown Ram today and though I was not required to cry for that scene, my heart was shedding a thousand tears. 

Even today I miss those days but Ram went into the river and Maan emerged out.  Work has to go on but the satisfaction and enjoyment I felt in portraying Ram's character is unmatched.  I actually never realized how effortless my days were during Ramayan with Debina on my side but it is after the end of the show I began to miss Debina's chirpiness, her voice and having her by my side.  To this day, I keep calling Deb in the middle of shooting to hear her voice as that keeps me going.  We both loved Ramayan and as a couple we both really created history with the show. 

Love,

Gurmeet & Debina

RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Bal Kand - Yudh Kand
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfpxQEMrB6w&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]

Adbhut Hai Mahima Dou Akshar Ke Naam Ki
Adbhut Hai Mahima Dou Akshar Ke Naam Ki!
Unique is the tale behind the two syllabled name.

Suno Ram Katha aur Jai Bolo Shri Ram Ki
Suno Ram Katha aur Jai Bolo Shri Ram Ki!
Listen to Ram's story and say "Glory to Shri Ram!"

Mangal Bhavan Amangal Haari
He who is the abode of auspiciousness and destroyer of the inauspicious,

Dravahu Sudashrath Ajir Bihaari
He who frolicks in the courtyard of Dashrath,

Hai Suphal Daayini Ramayan Sukh Dhaam Ki
Hai Suphal Daayini Ramayan Sukh Dhaam Ki!
Ramayan is the giver of achievement and the happy abode of the Lord.

Adbhut Hai Mahima Dou Akshar Ke Naam Ki

Suno Ram Katha aur Jai Bolo Shri Ram Ki!
Listen to Ram's story and say "Glory to Shri Ram!"

Shri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram!

Uttar Kand
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQZx3nGvw40[/YOUTUBE]

Jai Shri Ram! Jai Jai Shri Ram!

Luv Kush Santaane Sitapati Shri Ram Ki!
Luv Kush Santaane Sitapati Shri Ram Ki!
Luv and Kush, the children of Sita's Lord Ram

Hum Katha Sunaate Yugal Veer Baldhaam Ki!
Hum Katha Sunaate Yugal Veer Baldhaam Ki!
We tell the story of these dual brave warriors.

Mangal Bhavan Amangal Haari, Ram Ke Yeh Uttaraadhikaari
They do the auspicious and destroy the inauspicious, they are Ram's successors.

Ek Dor Bandhi Luv Kush Se Ram Ke Naam Ki!
Ram's name is enjoined to Luv Kush by a special thread.

Adbhut Hai Mahima Do Akshar Ke Naam Ki
Adbhut Hai Mahima Do Akshar Ke Naam Ki

Suno Ram Katha Aur Jai Bolo SiyaRam Ki!
Listen to Ram's story and say "Glory to SiyaRam!"

Shri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram! Shri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram!

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Hey guys, look at this new pic which Debina is using in her profile. Isn't she stunning? It's from the Janmashtami track of Chidiyaghar where she was dressed up as Radhaji.
Varnita. thumbnail

For the Completion of the Previous Thread, We Finally DId It 🥳
Hoping to complete 100 More Threads Like This 😃

Janu Here is ur Gift as Promised for Completion of Previous Thread, and For being the Best Spamming Partner Everrr ❤️!!
I Hope U Do Like It :D

Varnita. thumbnail

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Hey guys, look at this new pic which Debina is using in her profile. Isn't she stunning? It's from the Janmashtami track of Chidiyaghar where she was dressed up as Radhaji.

OMG I loved it ❤️
She is looking SO Beautiful and Elegant Like a Real Princess. Her Smile always give me Positive Vibes :)
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Varnita, thank you so much for the gift!🤗 It's beautiful yaar, I love it! This scene is really a touching one of Ram and Sita's, and you portrayed it beautifullly. I will also have a gift ready for you soon, I promise. I'm sorry for not having done already, but today I have a presentation and was busy all weekened preparing for it.😳
Varnita. thumbnail
Glad U liked the Gift Sweety, Love u 🤗, I was so confused regarding which scene to prepare the gift as I have the Pics of limited scenes saved in my Lappi, well then I choosed this as the scene was so sweet and touching and I was damn sure that U too have loved it :)
Though I was quite Doubtful regarding weather U will like the gift or not as I was thinking that The Text style I have used is not suiting the sig, WHat Do U think? 😕 Suggest as a Teacher 😉

And OMGGG "SORRY" just because U have not prepared it till now 😲 Aahhh This is the Limit o Formality 🤔
All the best for ur Presentation, I hope U do return with Good news and then make my Gift with a Cheerful Mind :)