-Grace- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Strange  K i n d n e s s 

As the dark night enveloped the city he finally closed his laptop shut and made an exit from AR Corp.

He got into his SUV and drove off, away from the hustles bustles of the city, as the cool winds brushed off his cheeks, playing with his hair and often with his loose collar from which the tie hung low, top two buttons undone and sleeves rolled up as he turned the steering wheel in the direction of the shore.

Not that he was depressed or anything, but he often came to this place for solace and much needed peace and calm that his extremely busy life won't allow him otherwise.

Parking his car far from the shore he took off his shoes, shoved the socks in them. Throwing them below the dashboard he walked towards the lonely shore line as the waves danced back and forth creating an unfamiliar feeling of peace.

He kept walking, in his own trance when soon his reverie was broken by the small figure sitting on the sands.

Her head was buried in her knees that reached her face. Her arms were tightly wrapped around her bent knees and jet black hair flew aimlessly in every direction.

She continued to sob when she heard a familiar whisper coming from nearby.

"kia hua?"

She looked up shocked to find him sitting there by her side, his hands interlinked above his knees as he sat there on the sand comfortably.

She looked away wiping here tears lest he sees her in this miserable state.

"come on tell me" he said not firmly but his voice which sounded more like a demand.

She didn't really want to share her problems with him, it was normally him who shared his problems with her, and all of a sudden she landed into this situation…it felt weird.

"how are you?" she tried to divert his attention.

"don't change the topic tell me what happened?"

He didn't like the fact that she didn't tell him, despite being the only one to hear his problems. True they were strangers when they had first met, at the same place at the same time out of coincidence, but over time they had become friends, maybe much more than that? Otherwise how would she always be here when he wanted her too, despite not having any other technological connection? No phone numbers, no addresses, no emails were exchanged and yet they had that one connection above all, perhaps a soul to soul connection, if it existed.

No he didn't think of her as any other girl, or someone who he would fall in love with or marry eventually. It's just that she held a special place in his heart, more than friends and maybe more than love.

He respected her, beyond words, and it ached his heart that that is not how everyone around her thought about her.

But she was a fighter, she was strong. Her crying means something drastic had happened. And he had to know. If she could lift off his share of pains why cant he. He has the right to and he knew that she won't admit but she needed someone to share her part of the pain too and he would make sure he did that.

He was thankful to her, for all those nights where she listened to his problems despite not knowing him enough in the early days, heck she doesn't even know his name and always gave him a shoulder to cry on, her life stories to laugh at.

He wanted to be her support, not to return the favor but he knew what it felt like, and maybe her case was worse, knowing the type of society they lived in. They wouldn't accept her for who she was but tried to mould her into this materialistic society and its values that they very fondly defended.

Her outstanding courage and spirit had astonished him at first and he considered himself lucky to have come across such a personality.

After making circular patterns in the sand quietly for a good ten minutes, she looked up at him, her eyes directly gazing at his awaiting ones.

He squeezed her hand in assurance and a silent promise blinking his eyes that he won't judge her like others, but will listen quietly and will only offer comfort.

"so you know how I visit the orphanage and all" tears started making their way down her already strained cheeks again, her eyeliner and mascara slightly smudged from all the crying, her multiple piercing on her right ear shinning under the moonlight.

"hmm" he listened with his undivided attention.

"you know that boy Parth I always talk about" her voice growing hoarse by each passing minute.

Parth.

He instantly knew where this was going, a sensitive and a heartbreaking matter it indeed seemed like.

"you know how he's so cute and adorable right" she said as if stating a very serious matter, which made him smile at her innocence and the love she held for that particular child.

"and im really attached to him and he likes me too, and since I m moving into to my own place I wanted to adopt him.." her voice trailed off as she began to narrate the series of events.

Her respect in his heart grew ten folds just hearing that, and his mind began to question the society for their behavior towards her. Why her? She never deserved what she was put through.

"and..." he wanted her to complete her story, he wanted to know more so he could help in any way possible.

"but…they think a girl like me can never raise a child properly and I will probably make him like me…and let alone that they think this is very shameful of me to adopt a child while Im single…and even if I wasn't single they have a problem because he is not blood related" she cried harder this time, in front of him, letting her emotions lose she cried.

He placed his arm around her shoulder taking in the smell of her strong perfume, that she said only he liked, and that's why she wore it all the time.

"ssh rona band karo, we will find a way out don't worry" he said as he took out his handkerchief and placed it in her hands.

"kia karoon main ab? If Parth doesn't have a problem, the orphanage doesn't why do these people do? I can't...live without him"

She cried unable to stop the flow while clutching at his handkerchief harder in anguish.

"ok first of all stop crying, aur maine kaha na we will find a way, this is as big of my problem as its yours ok"

He tried to soothe her.

For the first time she felt like she had a family too whom she could depend on, a family who cares for her.

She smiled through her tears and turned to face him.

"thank you" wiping her tears she said as she saw a ray of hope.

She didn't know who he was, where he came from what status he held, all she knew was if this man said something he will do it. He just had that kind of assurity in his voice, that kind of power which would imply his strength.

"really?...you are thanking me? I haven't even done anything yet" he rolled his eyes at her in an effort of lighting up the atmosphere.

"batao na phir, what am I supposed to do"

She really loved this child didn't she, he smiled at the thought and her thoughtfulness for that stranger's child who had made his place in her heart and who liked her and accepted her for who she was.

Knowingly unknowingly he got attached to Parth too, was it the things she told him about him, the innocent face in the picture she showed him or the fact that he respected his favorite stranger like he did, he didn't know.

After hours of discussion, planning and pacifying they came to solution and finally felt the contentment the two lost souls have been searching.

"will you marry me?" he asked her offering her the Kit Kat that he found in his pocket.

Accepting the chocolate she smiled lightly as the last tears gathered on her lashes jumped on the sand.

Breaking two of the bars for herself and the other two for him, they celebrated the journey of a new life, not by throwing a party at a grand venue but with relishing the sweetness and crunchiness that their relationship had formed over the months.

So this OS is a result of my recent experiences plus I've been wanting to write something like this on Arnav and Khushi from a while.

People who are different and appear different are not necessarily accepted in our society and are most of the times not treated with respect, I'm not saying this goes for everyone but I've seen people making comments about others whose dressing and appearance doesn't appeal them.

This one is dedicated to all those people out there who are not appreciated enough just because of a bunch of nonsensical societal values.

Thanks for reading😳

PMs Later

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
*hyperventilating*
YOU KNOW WHY.
Ahhh the loose tie, few buttons undone, sleeves rolled up..
PERFECT picture of Arnav you've painted and enough to have me go crazy all over again..
You KNEW this would happen..I can bet when you typed this you had me in your mind..or well maybe not, but you did know that would catch my attention..WHATEVER...I'm almost jumping in excitement 🤣
AGAIN, you took a very different approach and made the OS come out beautiful...
Very nicely written and true, being different doesn't define bad/disrespected or something..societal norms and values jus wouldn't let you live in peace, for the most part!
Great job, Iqra..I like how your OS's aren't always the redundant types and you always have a very contemplating idea behind it 😳
Edited by OnlyHope - 11 years ago
claireDD thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
awww how sweet of him !!!
i loved it !!!
sherlockthor thumbnail
omg it was beautiful!! and i think not even once arnav and khushi's name was mentioned (if i am not mistaken!) ! wonderful story and the kitkat proposal was so sweet!
--Amy-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
that was very sweet...loved it
nicely written...
LivingInPajamas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Iqra!![I hope I got the name right :P] Long time huh?And that was indeed a "kitkat" break for me because I was so sick of studying history and civics and I was looking for something to read.And THIS piece put up a huge grin on my face :D I don't know why but whenever I read what you write I feel like my own thoughts are being expressed in your writing...maybe because I think very similar stuff too :) More than being the cute story it was,it showed your brilliance as a writer- an ability to put out the most complicated of things in the simplest of ways!
I love Khushi even more after this.Sometimes I often feel dejected when people are hellbent on having a biological child- it is their choice really but honestly there are so many children out there in the world who need parents.Why does blood and DNA matter so much?I guess I am never going to understand these implications of society but will just go with the message you tried to portray- being different doesn't mean you are inferior.Being different means you are someone special :)
damn! I do blabber a lot no?😆I will leave you with a -Brilliant Job! :D
-Grace- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Risha_ipkknd

Iqra!![I hope I got the name right :P] Long time huh?And that was indeed a "kitkat" break for me because I was so sick of studying history and civics and I was looking for something to read.And THIS piece put up a huge grin on my face :D I don't know why but whenever I read what you write I feel like my own thoughts are being expressed in your writing...maybe because I think very similar stuff too :) More than being the cute story it was,it showed your brilliance as a writer- an ability to put out the most complicated of things in the simplest of ways!

I love Khushi even more after this.Sometimes I often feel dejected when people are hellbent on having a biological child- it is their choice really but honestly there are so many children out there in the world who need parents.Why does blood and DNA matter so much?I guess I am never going to understand these implications of society but will just go with the message you tried to portray- being different doesn't mean you are inferior.Being different means you are someone special :)
damn! I do blabber a lot no?😆I will leave you with a -Brilliant Job! :D

OMGG look who it is!!! RISHHAAA🤗 how r u?
long time?? hell yeah!
well Kit Kat proposal popped up when i was eating a chocolate coated granola bar this evening lol
and thank you sooo very much! one of the best writers out there is praising my work it has to be something then😆
and OMG i know rightt that is so true, even i dont want any biological children for myself (maybe ill understand this issue better when im actially married) but for now for some reasons i feel those orphans are in much more need than any of us are in the need of biological children
and what u call blabber made my day!😉 and best of luck for exams=)
Thanks again!
Dalmuthuya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
This is such a beautiful, sweet story. <3 
chavvi16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
wow beautiful
that was umm how do i say it very touching
.x-bumblebee-x. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
aww this is amazing and very sweet .. Love the proposal!!