sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

Hello my fellow Junglees! 😎
*cue the guitar music*

I am here with the
DiscussionOf TheWeek

Warning - This is a bit 15+ discussion

Well, not much thought pondering happened this week to actually make a discussion out of it so I am taking this show as a whole. Recently, there has been a trend of showing some "bold" scenes on television. It happened once on a show where the couple consummated in a pretty hot manner and again, recently, on another show where a proper lip-lock was shown between the leads. While the response both these got was negative and positive to some extent, the fact remains that in terms of romancing, our drama CVs are going to some extreme extents. And sooner or later, this trend might make a permanent place in the shows and the majority might just become more accepting of this fact.

Now, this got me thinking; why not TBP?

I don't think I'd be acting biased if I say that TBP is the perfect example in fiction which reflects today's teenagers. From their situations, to their talking style, to their thinking; TBP is doing teenagers justice. Be it the double-meanings jokes or casual reaction at the mention of sex, seeing TBP one gets a pretty homely feeling and say, yeah, that is so us!

My main topic is, how much do you want to see in TBP? Teenagers go through a lot of stuff; peer pressure, bullying, drugs, crushes, love, sex etc. All these are a common place in a normal teenager's life. Since the characters are teenagers and the target audience is the youth, do you want to see all these issues to be dealt with in the show? OR! Do you just want it to be a time pass show without such hard-hitting issues to be addressed. In other words, the show must be casual and become a fun ride rather than with drama.

The second question is, just how much exposure do you want to see in this show? Sooner or later the love quotient of the show will kick in. Do you want to see the love stories treated in a different, more realistic way? As in, would be comfortable seeing some lip-locks or unconventional ways of romancing? This does include sex. Would you mind a subtle hint that the characters had sex or do you just want the couples to act like some mahaan aatmas?

So yeah, that is it for this week! Hoping to see some interesting replies. It's not just about what you want but as a general effect which this show can have on the general audience.

Love,
Mais 😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Stardust- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
First of all i would like to say a big thank you to you for raising such an important and so very interesting and sidelined topic. Adult scenes on tv are some sorta taboo . The cvs will show endless almost kisses and so-called-intimate scenes but never the actual kissing part I find it truly ridiculous. I am a huge fan of american sitcoms. In those shows its almost natural for the main leads to kiss frequently. I mean they dont exactly manage to fall into each other's arms every 5 seconds, get lost in jungle, etc etc and do all the other bull crap thats shown on indian television but still manage to convey that they are love with each other to the audience. Do the CVS think that we are such a backward country that we cant even handle a man and women kissing on tv? This is so stupid. The problem is actually of the thinking of the society around us. Of course we wont be able to watch an intimate scene on tv with our parents in the same room. They would go all what are you watching such dirty things on tv? On us. Cum on. We not exactly watching po*n right? And how the hell are we gonna get influenced by them? Intimate scenes are essential to the storyline.
As far as i am concerned i would have no problem if they show kissing in tbp or even hints that the main characters have had sex. Personally i dont think any boy or girl being in a relationship can just sit side by side at a one arm distance. Something is bound to happen. I would want tbp to keep it realistic and not go the goody goody way. I have no problem to inmate scenes as long as they are necessary to move the story forward and are shot aesthetically and dont look vulgar :)
-Araina- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
First time, glad to be 16 πŸ˜† 15+ DOTW πŸ˜› 

Res for now.. gotta rush. Will come back to this and read and reply long for sure πŸ˜ƒ
..DamonCrazy.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
To begin with,I think this is an awesome topic for dicussion Mais.

A few days ago there was an interview article of the actress who had performed an actual liplock on screen a few days back.I read the comments on the article.There were a lot of people who were actually quite cool with it.There were also a whole lot of other people who were cursing the CVs for-"Trying to copy the vulgar Western culture for TRPs","Unculturing TV too after Bollywood and Hollywood" and so on.I personally felt there was no vulgarism or unculuring.What is so wrong with physical intimacy?Do people not have it in real life?TV shows can show a 100 unrealistic things in a lovestory,such as LLHHs,trip catch scenes and so on and people would rather prefer to see THAT.

I think the TBP CVs should go ahead on this idea.I would much rather see realism in the love tracks in TBP rather than the typical copy-pasted scenes.There is absolutely nothong wrong in incorporating a bit of the Western TV culture in our shows,since it is far superior to ours.I would rather TBP shows love through realistic,and if needed be physical, ways rather than a whole lot of unnecessary drama,getting lost in the jungle or almost kisses.Of course,they should be well placed and not shoved in and made a hullabalu of.It should be natural like in Western shows.

Or MJHT for that matter.The CVs DID show well placed physical intimacy scenes in that show.Though I admit it was dramatised a bit in excess, but oh well.If it was there,it could be here too😊 
paras22 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
if my opinion counts i disagree.
hugging, and holding hands is fine. but as far as kissing and sex is concerned  it should be implicit not explicit. indian society should modernize rather than westernize. even if westernization is inevitable it should be incorporated slowly not too rapidly.

problem with indian soaps is not that they are bad but they are poorly directed and drag too long. if all the soaps get converted into season format they will rather be more watchable.

those who are residing in india,just look across the border. there shows are done in seasons format and yet they are popular because they are properly researched and directed and yet they are neither western nor hardline islamic in content.
Edited by paras22 - 11 years ago
RKDramebaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This is a great question, and am 15+ (Hooray for me!) Will come back when I have time!
-Alia- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I disagree.

I mean kissing and all leads to sex. There are many underage kids who watch The Buddy Project. For example,
My cousin watches the buddy project and she is just 13, she doesn't get the double meaning jokes and all.

Holding hand, Kiss on the cheek is ok, hugging etc is ok! But sex, kiss on lips is just too wrong. Our Indian culture is not like that, we are Indians and we have our different culture than the western culture.

In English shows and all, kissing for them is like hugging. But for us its a big issue.
Like, If Kiya [Bharti] kisses KD [Fahad] () when Bharti gets married her husband can be angry at her for kissing Fahad.

And in India, when we do something like this rumors will haunt ur life forever.

[ My examples are lame! ]

And as for the love stories and all, i want them to be realistic. Fall-Catch, Eye-stare-for-15-mins, and all is just to lame and very unrealistic, if we in real life started to do this it would be way too funny. I want to see something new and unique!

Edited by xKishaxForevahx - 11 years ago
-Stardust- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: xKishaxForevahx

<font face="Courier New, Courier, mono" size="3">I disagree.

I mean kissing and all leads to sex. There are many underage kids who watch The Buddy Project. For example,
My cousin watches the buddy project and she is just 13, she doesn't get the double meaning jokes and all.

Holding hand, Kiss on the cheek is ok, hugging etc is ok! But sex, kiss on lips is just too wrong. Our Indian culture is not like that, we are Indians and we have our different culture than the western culture.

In English shows and all, kissing for them is like hugging. But for us its a big issue.
Like, If Kiya [Bharti] kisses KD [Fahad] () when Bharti gets married her husband can be angry at her for kissing Fahad.

And in India, when we do something like this rumors will haunt ur life forever.

[ My examples are lame! ]

And as for the love stories and all, i want them to be realistic. Fall-Catch, Eye-stare-for-15-mins, and all is just to lame and very unrealistic, if we in real life started to do this it would be way too funny. I want to see something new and unique!

</font>

Your cousin must be really innocent! My 12 year old brother watches tbp and get the double meaning jokes all fine. Hell he is even one step ahead me most of the times.
Kissing always doesnt lead to sex! Kissing is not always done to indicate that you want to have sex. It is also a gesture that you love someone.
If bharthi's husband will have a problem that she kissed fahad, then he is a shallow, narrow minded git who doesnt deserve her.
All these talks of indian culture is total bullshit. I dont even know a single person around me who is of my age and doesnt have a boyfriend/girlfriend or has had bfs/gfs. Trust me if u are in a relationship you are bound to atleast kiss. Having or not having sex is your decision. So, if we are doing it in real life, why dont we show it in on our shows? . Thats so hypocritical right?
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Okay, I've been away from this topic for a long time! Will get to indivdiual replies later but first my two cents on Alia's argument.

Well it's true that young people also watch TBP but I don't think they are too innocent for it. I am talking about the general majority. Innocence is something that is missing in today's generation. And regarding your actors having problems in future regarding what they do onscreen, well I am pretty sure that off-screen yehi hota hai. If you want realistic love stories then they will include kisses and probably sex because..well..ab wo zamana nahin raha jab love was strong with miles between the couple.

Agreed on the Indian culture part. I'm not Indian but I value the culture anyway. Not everyone would be accepting to it readily but once again, if the movies can do it then why not the shows?

I am kinda on Scarlet's side in this argument, though not all. Because I won't comment on Bharti's future husband :P But it is true that not everyone gets the double meaning jokes. I showed my classmate a few clips and she was silent for a few minutes before I made them understand the jokes (I'm a legal adult in my country :P)

Khair, this was my point anyway! This is quite an interesting debate and I am happy that the signs are showing of a debate :D
-Alia- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: missscarlet

Your cousin must be really innocent! My 12 year old brother watches tbp and get the double meaning jokes all fine. Hell he is even one step ahead me most of the times.
Kissing always doesnt lead to sex! Kissing is not always done to indicate that you want to have sex. It is also a gesture that you love someone.
If bharthi's husband will have a problem that she kissed fahad, then he is a shallow, narrow minded git who doesnt deserve her.
All these talks of indian culture is total bullshit. I dont even know a single person around me who is of my age and doesnt have a boyfriend/girlfriend or has had bfs/gfs. Trust me if u are in a relationship you are bound to atleast kiss. Having or not having sex is your decision. So, if we are doing it in real life, why dont we show it in on our shows? . Thats so hypocritical right?

Wow, she is innocent i guess.

Kissing does leads to sex. If u can kiss her then whats the problem in having sex, is what they think.

Thats what, Indians have shallow and narrow minded thinking.

I am 17 and i never ever had a relationship. Even i am a teenager, i don't date. Okay, i am not against dating, but if u kiss, let it be private. In india if u kiss outside its PDA! >.>
I prefer Sex after marriage. If the protection breaks, then its a problem. You're a teenager and u're caring a baby, people will obviously stare and point fingers at you! Parents kicking u out of the house, the father not accepting and stuff like that.. So better is not to have sex.

If we are doing in real life why cant we do it in shows. My cousin (The above wala) watches the show, what if she sees her role model Kiya having sex then she'll think, why can't i try. And that try can be a huge problem for her.

And if we restrict the shows like this? They'll find a way to watch it. Either by tv or computer. I watch on computer, cause i can't watch with my parents such shows.