Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka

article on Sonia Singh ( richa )

stuti123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Sonia Singh has no qualms playing a vamp on TV

Sonia Singh

Sonia Singh, aka Richa of Colors' Parichay, has been playing negative characters from the time she started her television career. However the lady has no qualms of playing a vamp too.

Ask her as to how did it all start, to which she quickly answers, "When I went for my first audition, they offered me a negative role. I think their offer came to me since I have curly hair that made me look like a vamp (laughs). From there, I kept on getting negative roles that I could never decline."

Didn't you ever feel the need to do a positive character? "I would love to do a positive character but will do it only when I am offered the main lead. I will never take up a character role," she answers.

Actors who play negative roles are usually seen in bad light by the common man. Have you ever come across such an incident? "Yes, every time I go to a public place, people look at me like I would eat up their husbands. In fact, when I was doing this show called Hare Kaanch Ki Chudiya, an old lady caught me and asked, 'use chod kyu nahi deti?' It's bad at times, but at least people recognize you as a negative character and then you know that you've played your part well."

Aren't you bored of playing negative roles? "Not at all, I have played different kinds of negative roles. So there is no point of me getting bored."
Way to go'Sonia!!!

her pic in da article is really scary ...🤢
Edited by stuti123 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Drivemecracy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thank god she didnt appear like this in the show...😲🤢...
Malarkodi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Is this her real picz or from other show... Mummy she is scaring me ðŸ˜†

She has made her statement that she had some other roles too... so better leave Parichay for god sake...
Edited by Malarkodi - 11 years ago
Silambu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Yeah Way to go Sonia. Just positivity playing such negative roles.!

And who would blame the producers for giving her such roles. Just looking at her pic, scares me to death.

Sonia really deserves all the vamp roles. She will do justice to it. You go gal. Cant wait for her to go away for good from Parichay. So excited for her exposure soon...Richa free days...how blissfull..hmmm
vidhisalot thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sonia...i have seen her before in kumkum bt dont exactly remember hw she was...n in parichay she dont convince me as richa...srry to say this...
Coz i still miss mona as richa...

N in DMG..the hitler senior doc was juz awesome ..i really likd her @ that time..she was perfect...
Alpha_Aakash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I remember during mah School days we used to watch that afternoon show Kumkum..where she replaced Sayantani Ghosh...Sonia was so scary vampish bahu of KUmkum...lolz she was too mucn in that show..Here in Parichay i m noty liking her MOna was best as richa
-Hima- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
God! She looks scary!! I don't like her as Richa in Parichay.. she doesn't suit the role😕 But glad she is taking all the negative roles positively!
san_aish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
OMG!!the pic is too scary😲...No offense but Sonia didn't impress me as Richa...Hope that soon Richa will be exposed..
Edited by san_aish - 11 years ago
neha_siddhi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

ohhh god she luks scary...