New Article - Writer Jainesh talks about IPK

Rose.gyp thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
Heres a article from Deccan Chronicle:

Wielding TV's mightiest pen

Wielding TV's mightiest pen

You've seen and loved Kksusm, Police Files, Pali Hill, Savdhaan India and Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon. Now meet Jainesh Ejardar, the man who writes the thrilling stories for these shows.

Jainesh has completed 11 years in the industry. He says, "Writing for TV is undoubtedly demanding. We are required to finish writing on very strict deadlines and at times, we need to incorporate changes at the last minute."

Don't the deadlines and constant pressure put him off? "Television is a medium that enables me to run my kitchen. Meeting deadlines and penning stories instantly is my job. However, I am very passionate about writing so when I sit down to write a script, the words just start flowing," Jainesh says with a smile.

Currently, he is hard at work sustaining the gripping pace of Iss Pyar Ko…which is at a crucial juncture as of now. But Jainesh is surprisingly modest about the success of his script: "The credit actually goes to producer Gul Khan Nisar Parvez who comes up with fantastic ideas which we finally elaborate. Writing an interesting episode is not a one-man job. There is a creative team that brainstorms endlessly to come up with ideas that would click with the audience."

On the subject of what twists and turns he's planning for Arnav and Khushi, Jainesh says, "Well, whether or not they do get married, or does Shyam wreck their wedding — we have some surprises planned." The secret to his successful scripts is his belief that a serial should have what we come across in our daily lives. "I have seen so many bad marriages as well as good ones. Having witnessed this, writing both positive and negative characters with a pinch of drama becomes easy," Jainesh explains.

It has been said that Jainesh's shows often start off well and lose the plot later on, Kkusum, Kasauti Zindagi Kay and Police Files being a few examples. "No, it is not so," Jainesh protests. "Kasauti did well until its last day. It was the number two show after Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. But after running for more than 400 episodes, a show does reach saturation point."

LINK: http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/tv-guide/wielding-tv%E2%80%99s-mightiest-pen-816

I am not aware if this has been posted before.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Deedeepa1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
TFS
remarriage will happen but when?
.Gianna. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This was posted before, some three days ago I think. It made everyone cringe because this man has written for Ekta's shows which sort of explains why we're seeing so much drama right now. After this article was initially posted, people even made petitions to get the old writer and La lit Mohan back.

But thanks for sharing again 😊
Jammy- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing! :)

Jammy- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: coolspicebabe_1

This was posted before, some three days ago I think. It made everyone cringe because this man has written for Ekta's shows which sort of explains why we're seeing so much drama right now. After this article was initially posted, people even made petitions to get the old writer and La lit Mohan back.

But thanks for sharing again 😊

Oh so it was this article!! I seem to have missed it!
Rose.gyp thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Jameelah52

Oh so it was this article!! I seem to have missed it!

I missed it as well. Didnt know it was posted before. 
LOL!! Now I get why everyone was petitioning for the old writer. I didnt know they changed writers..!
Kavita1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Seriously does he come across a father who kills his own child for money... Thank god I don't live in his world😡
n091505 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

You've seen and loved Kksusm, Police Files, Pali Hill, Savdhaan India and Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon. Now meet Jainesh Ejardar, the man who writes the thrilling stories for these shows.

Jainesh has completed 11 years in the industry. He says, "Writing for TV is undoubtedly demanding. We are required to finish writing on very strict deadlines and at times, we need to incorporate changes at the last minute."

Don't the deadlines and constant pressure put him off? "Television is a medium that enables me to run my kitchen. Meeting deadlines and penning stories instantly is my job. However, I am very passionate about writing so when I sit down to write a script, the words just start flowing," Jainesh says with a smile.

Currently, he is hard at work sustaining the gripping pace of Iss Pyar Ko'which is at a crucial juncture as of now. But Jainesh is surprisingly modest about the success of his script: "The credit actually goes to producer Gul Khan Nisar Parvez who comes up with fantastic ideas which we finally elaborate. Writing an interesting episode is not a one-man job. There is a creative team that brainstorms endlessly to come up with ideas that would click with the audience."

On the subject of what twists and turns he's planning for Arnav and Khushi, Jainesh says, "Well, whether or not they do get married, or does Shyam wreck their wedding ' we have some surprises planned." The secret to his successful scripts is his belief that a serial should have what we come across in our daily lives. "I have seen so many bad marriages as well as good ones. Having witnessed this, writing both positive and negative characters with a pinch of drama becomes easy," Jainesh explains.

It has been said that Jainesh's shows often start off well and lose the plot later on, Kkusum, Kasauti Zindagi Kay and Police Files being a few examples. "No, it is not so," Jainesh protests. "Kasauti did well until its last day. It was the number two show after Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. But after running for more than 400 episodes, a show does reach saturation point."

LINK: http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/tv-guide/wielding-tv%E2%80%99s-mightiest-pen-816

I am not aware if this has been posted before.

[/QUOTE]

@ red - Well apparently all this brainstorming is not working out, for the ideas are definitely not clicking with the audience. So the question is, is Mr. Jainesh really in sync with what the audience wants or is he only going to write what he thinks will increase the TRP, which BTW is in the doldrums, last I checked.
Edited by n091505 - 11 years ago
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Oh god a Ekta kapoor writer? It explain the nonsense of the show.  
MaddyAddy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
explains all the character transformations!