Will BARFI! mark RANBIR's entry into 100 CRORES?!!

Posted: 11 years ago

Will BARFI! mark Ranbir's entry into 100 crore club?

September 3, 2012 05:29:07 PM IST
By Joginder Tuteja, Glamsham Editorial

Each of the seniors actors have got it. And now it's the turn of younger ones to start delivering. We are talking about the 100 crore club here which has all three Khans, Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgn sitting pretty. Now with BARFI! all set for release, one wonders whether this film could be the calling card for Ranbir Kapoor as well in this elusive club.
Laughs Anurag Basu, the architect of the film, "You can't make a film thinking that whether it would do 100 crores at the box office. In any case, I am a little selfish when it comes to making films because I want to enjoy the process rather than thinking about the crores it is going to make."  😉

He goes on to add, "I loved what BARFI! had to say and that's the sole reason why I made. There was no ulterior motive to either think overtly commercial or artist.Na mann mein aisa tha ki kuch alag karoon naa duniya ko bataana ki dekho, aisi filmein bhi hamaari country mein banti hain. I don't want to prove anything to anyone. For all it matters, you could still go ahead and plan a film for 100 crore club. Par agar kahaani ke saath ishq na ho toh phir mazaa nahi aata.

While this is what the film's director has to say, one looks forward to what Ranbir has to say about the feat. With his solo releases like ROCKSTAR and AJAB PREM KI GHAZAB KAHAANI crossing the 60 crore mark long back (👏), it is about time that he too justifies the tag of being the hottest young superstar and gets past the 100 crore milestone quick and strong. 

Source: Glamsham.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Not happening! It doesnt meet the criteria for the 100 crore grossers - Masala material, daddy-daughter jodis and eye-candy barbie female characters.

Originally posted by: eraser

Not happening! It doesnt meet the criteria for the 100 crore grossers - Masala material, daddy-daughter jodis and eye-candy barbie female characters.

🤗  How are you honeybun?  Enjoying Labor Day?  Quite a hot day to be running out outside and showing those assets.    😉😆

Originally posted by: EroticGauravMad

🤗  How are you honeybun?  Enjoying Labor Day?  Quite a hot day to be running out outside and showing those assets.    😉😆

My manly man 🤗 I'm staying home today. It's too hot outside and my allergies are flaring up. I dont even recognize myself in the mirror, my face is so puffed up. 
PigBenis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Barfi is not a 100cr type of movie however it has a chance of doing very good business.
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Maybe not this one. It covers the topics of autism and deaf-mute or hearing impairment. People are barely inclined toward enlightenment cinema of this nature. Yeah Black was a hit, but then it had Rani and Amitabh's powerful acting to back up their presence. I am sure Ranbir will attain a commercial success for all its worth, but grossing into the 100 crores mark is a tad bit doubtful.

Let's see. The speculations are on. Here's wishing him all the best.

Originally posted by: eraser

My manly man 🤗 I'm staying home today. It's too hot outside and my allergies are flaring up. I dont even recognize myself in the mirror, my face is so puffed up. 

OMG?!!!!        I want my Erotic Granny to be hot and not so puffed up.  Don't worry, you will be your erotic self in no time.
0o0o0o0o0o thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
NOPES ! the MAX it can get is 99 CRORES = @@ 
fire_gun thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
hoping of  bussiness of 100 cr👍🏼
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
No!its for multiplex audience not single screen which is a must for 100 crores!