MG FF: For the Love of a Child (Complete)index-p1

kumari3 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
For the Love of a Child
(Complete)

A fan fiction based on Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Summary: My attempt at a suspense / love story, with a bunch of Daddy-daughter scenes because Maan with children is too adorable for words! lol :)

If you do decide to check this story out (thank you so much!), please note that because I did try to make this suspenseful, I strongly recommend/request that you read the chapters in order. Reading out of order will result in major spoilers. Many thanks again for reading!

Part One

prologue + ch 1 / ch 2 + 3 / ch 4 + 5 / ch 6 + 7 / ch 8 + 9 / ch 10 + 11 / ch 12 + 13 / ch 14 + 15

Part Two

---

Hello sweethearts! Thank you VERY much for leaving so much feedback on thread 1 that a new thread (this thread) had to be started! You all are awesome and I love you so much. :) 

Here are personalized thank yous to those who commented on Chapter 29:

@ maanhar - Thank YOU for reading, dear! And yay for the first comment!

@ Viji79 - Thank you so much for your eloquent comment, as always!

@ pushpi - Aww, I'm glad you liked it! Thank you!

@ zahra15 - Thank you sooo much, Zahra!  Love your comments so much! And I'm so happy you liked that line. :)

@ anonymous4 - Many thanks!

@ Nazmaa - Thank you for reading and leaving a comment!

@ cue1 - Thank you for your feedback, dear! Really appreciate it.

@ honeygrape - Aww, please don't say thank you, thank YOU for reading and for leaving such a wonderful comment! I really appreciate it. :)

@ flowers4u - I'm so glad you thought so, thank you dear!

@ -Manashi- - Ahh, I can't even begin to tell you how much your comment means to me! Thank you SO much!πŸ€— You are so awesome and I really appreciate your kind words and in-depth feedback. Mwah! Big hugs!

@ birdy2011 - Thank you so much, sweetie! Really appreciate it!

@ Myra.nelly - You are too sweet, thank you darling! Your feedback always makes me so happy! Thank you also for bumping! Hope you are well! :)

@ Aasmina - Aww, your comment was SO touching, thank you very much!

@ -memorable- - Thank you for reading and nice words!

@ prerna1 - Thank you, dear!

@ lil.mizz.smexii - YOU are perfect, dear! Thank you so much, as always! You are the best! :) P.S., regarding your icon, I totally loved a movie with Melissa and Joey (My Fake Fiance)!

@ janu_2006 - No problem! Thank you for reading and commenting, dear!

@ Mina420 - Thank you for your comment! I should be posting a new chapter soon!

@ Ash1991 - Thank you, dear!

@ nihatri - Thanks so much, sweetie! πŸ€—I'm so happy that you liked it!

@ dreaminvincible - You're the amazing one, thank you!

@ punam2712 - Thank you for reading and for your thoughtful comment, dear!

@ --Ratna-- - Ahh, hi darling! Thank you sooo very much, as always, for your sweet comments, graphics, and bumps! You are the best and I love your feedback to pieces! πŸ€—I hope you are doing great!

@ tintinu - Thank you sooo much, I'm very happy you liked it!

@ shalini01 - Hello my dear Shalini! Thank you for reading and for leaving such a lovely comment, as always! Hope you are doing great! πŸ€—

@ sweetanu2314 - Thank you, dear, so happy you liked it!

@ idunno - Thank you so much, dear, I really appreciate you leaving such kind words and for bumping!

@ ritzy09 - Aww, many many thanks! Really appreciate it! Awesome comment as always. :)

@ mollycoddle - Thank you, sweetheart! You are brilliant. :)

@ dumas - Thanks so much for the in-depth comment and gorgeous pics, my dear!

@ Water. - Very happy you did, thank you!

@ anupm04 - Thank you so much! I am planning to post another part soon!

@ abinash079 - Thank you, dear! Love your icon. :)

@ love2_soma - You are too sweet, thank you dear! Your comment was sooo nice and I really appreciate it.

@ SiniHanda - Aww, many thanks dear! You are awesome and I really appreciate your sweet comment. :)

@ sekhonpuneet - Thank you soo much, sweetie, your comment made me smile so widely. :)

@ smallville - Thank you so much, dear! Really appreciate your kind words! I'm planning to post the next part soon!

@ MSgayatri - Many thanks, dear! Very glad you liked the update. :)

@ PaintedSky - Thank you for reading and for leaving feedback!

@ --Neelam-- - Your comment was so touching, thank you very much dear. :)

@ Tyro - Thank you for reading and for leaving feedback, really appreciate it!

@ music_girl - Thank you so much, Frankie, as always! I love your comments to pieces. πŸ€—Thank you also for the bumps. I hope you're doing great! Also, DD looks totally beautiful in your icon!

@ chubzy - Wow, what an incredibly nice comment! Thank you so much, sweetie! Thank you for bumping as well. :)

@ sweet scorpio - Thank you as always, very glad you liked it! Am planning to post the next part soon. :)

@ Anu_R - Thank you, dear, so glad you liked it!

@ shalini_s - Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked Maan's part. :)

@ hopehot - Thank you very much, my darling Hope! I hope you are doing wonderfully! Also, please don't apologize -- thank you for reading at all and for commenting on top of that! And thank you for bumping! πŸ€—

@ PrithviSanyo1 - Oh my gosh, thank you very much for such an incredible comment! You are too sweet. Thank you again, and I'm very happy you liked it. :)

@ mayukha - Many thanks, dear, for leaving feedback! Really appreciate it.

@ seemamary - Thank you for reading and for leaving a comment! I love how you are still reading this after all this time. :)

@ millie_maaneet - Thank you for reading, for commenting, and for bumping!

@ krndr - Thank you very much, dear, and thank you for bumping! I think the next part will show that. :)

@ Krishnaluv94 - Thank YOU for reading and for leaving such nice feedback! I'm planning to post the next part soon, in which Riya will appear. :)

@ angel_mew - Thank you so much, dear! And thank you for bumping! I don't know if I've ever told you, but I seriously love your icon!

@ shelly_08 - Many thanks, Shreya! You are so sweet and I really appreciate you dropping a line. :)

@ sanu3108 - Thank you for reading!

@ vibhashekhar - Aww, thank you so much. :)

@ preethia - So happy you liked it, thank you! I should be posting the next part soon. :)

@ Raina123 - Ahh, Raina, you are too kind! Thank you so much for reading and for your long comment. I love reading your feedback. I hope you are doing well!

@ cutemishti - Thank you so much, sweetie! Your feedback really means a lot. I love your username, by the way!

@ PaintedSky - Thank you for your comment and interest, dear; I am planning to post the next part soon. :)

@ mchopra - Aww, thank YOU for reading. :)

@ preetianand21 - Thank you very much, dear, you are very kind. :)

@ zohafarheen - Many thanks, sweetie!

@ nigahlad - Hi sweetie, many thanks for your comment, for your interest, and for bumping! I am planning to post the next part soon!  :)

@ mymagic13 - Thank you very much, dear! The next part should be up soon!

@ Cyberlife - Ahh, you are SO sweet! Thank you very much! I really appreciate your kind feedback. :) Thank you also for bumping!

@ Ambibamby - Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and for bumping, dear!

@ badfaith4u - Thank you very much, so glad you think so!

@ nats0101 - Very glad you liked it, thank you for your thoughtful feedback, dear!

@ Maaneet099 - Thank you as always, dear! I'm planning to put the next part up soon!

@ -Aarya- - Thank you for commenting!

@ freya123 - Many thanks for your interest, the next chapter should be going up shortly. :)

@ Aasmina - Thank you, dear, you are too kind! Mwah. Chapter 30 should be going up soon.

@ shristi1 - Many thanks, very happy that you liked it!

@ souro - I know that this was just an administrative comment, but thank you for commenting nonetheless, lol. :) And thank you to everyone who left feedback and caused the post to close! :)

If I forgot anyone, please forgive me! It was totally unintentional! If you let me know that you were left out, I will definitely leave a thank you comment. :) Thanks!

Edited by kumari3 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kumari3 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Hello, my lovelies!  Thank you very much for the incredible feedback and for pressing "like" on the last chapter, as well as leaving so many comments that the thread had to be closed! That means so much to me, I can't even tell you. :) You all are the bestest! BIG HUGS AND KISSES!  Personalized thank yous to those who commented on Chapter 29 are in this post, and the next chapter is below:

Previous Chapters -- Part One: 
prologue + ch 1 / ch 2 + 3 / ch 4 + 5 / ch 6 + 7 / ch 8 + 9 / ch 10 + 11 / ch 12 + 13 / ch 14 + 15 / Part Two: ch 16 / ch 17 / ch 18 / ch 19 / ch 20 / ch 21 / ch 22 / ch 23 / ch 24 / ch 25 / ch 26 / ch 27 / ch 28 / ch 29

Chapter Thirty

"And while you were away, Teddy and I ate ice cream!" Riya exclaimed, perched in her mother's lap in the backseat of the car Maan was navigating.

"What flavor, sweetheart?" asked Geet, clasping Riya's small hands in her own.

"Oh, Mama, it was *rainbow* flavored!" Riya smiled when both her parents laughed, then threw her arms around her mother's neck.   "I missed you, Mamaaa," Riya sang into her mother's tressed.  "I missed you bunches."

Geet squeezed her daughter tightly. "I missed you too, my love," she said softly. "More than you know." *Especially after the tumultuous last few days,* Geet added in her head.  Waking up in Maan's arms after the devastating confrontation with her uncle had been quite the surreal moment.

At first, Geet had felt disoriented, but that quickly morphed into a feeling of utmost security and warmth.  She had tilted her head up slightly to get a better view of the man holding her. Maan looked exquisitely handsome and decidedly arrogant, even in slumber. What had passed between them the night before? Geet couldn't seem to wrap her head around the deep connection that had forged between them when Maan had graced her with kisses that had stolen her breath away.

And all of Geet's doubts that the lovely bonding between them had been but a mere dream were dispelled by Maan as soon as he woke up.  Indeed, from locking hands with her on the way to the hotel check-out counter to resting her head on his shoulder during the flight, Maan made sure to create moments of intimacy during every passing moment.  Even now, while driving to pick up Riya and then heading back to the Khurana mansion, Maan had placed his palm in Geet's lap while he steered. Geet gingerly rested her hand atop his, as if fearing that he would yank his touch away.

Stealing a quick glance in the back at the sentimental scene between mother and daughter, Maan smiled.  Seeing Geet look so peaceful and grateful, particularly after the darkness that had clouded her last few days, lifted his heart.

"Daddy, I missed you too!" Riya cried.  She leaned in from the backseat and rested her small palm on Maan's cheek.

Maan placed his hand on Riya's and squeezed. "I missed you more, baby," he said.  At a red light, he halted and twisted somewhat in his seat so that he could deliver kisses to his daughter's cheeks.

"Daddyyy!" Riya giggled.  Maan laughed, stepping on the gas once the light flickered green.

Settling back in her mother's lap, Riya began to play with one of Geet's bracelets. "Mama, Daddy, when is the wedding?" Riya suddenly sat up, alert. "I want cake. A lot of cake, a lot a lot a lot. Teddy does, too, please."

"Well, sweetheart," Geet began carefully.  "We can definitely get you and Teddy cake, but we're not --"

"We'll be getting married soon, sweetheart," said Maan, pausing at another red light.  He met Geet's eyes in the rear-view mirror as if to silence her in advance.  "Soon."

"Yay!" Riya exclaimed. "Yay, yay, yay!"

"Maan," Geet hissed, brow furrowed.

"What?" Maan said, shrugging as he held her gaze in the mirror. "It's the truth."

---

Gazing out of the window, Maan cinched at the waist his thick black robe, "MSK" embroidered in heavy gold stitching at the chest.  Night had fallen.  After the three had reached home, Riya had dozed off quickly.  Geet had dashed out of sight to hide in her bedroom -- presumably shying away from Maan's nonchalant marriage announcement in the car. Maan smirked. She would come around, she --

A soft shuffling sound alerted him. Maan turned to face the doorway. There stood Geet, in a pale pink pajama set. Clearly, she was distracted, as the wrinkle her brow made apparent.

"Yes, Geet?" said Maan.

"Why did you tell Riya that we were getting married soon?" Geet blurted out, crossing her arms. She had tried to sleep off the confusion reeling through her system, but to no avail.

Maan held out his hand. "Come here."

Geet lingered in the doorway.

"I said, 'come here,' Geet," Maan repeated, raising an eyebrow cockily at her defiance.

Hesitating, she finally slipped her hand into Maan's. Gently, he pulled her into his embrace and kissed her forehead. "You don't want to be my wife?" he murmured against her flushed skin.

"I . . . ." Geet swallowed a lump in her throat and willed herself not to collapse. What was it about this man that made her lose her bearings?

"You don't want me to give you my name?" Maan said huskily, gliding his fingers over her waist. He moved his lips to her earlobe. "You don't want to wake up next to me every morning?" he rasped.

"M -- Maan," Geet choked out, lurching out of his hold.  Was her heart actually going to jump out of her chest?  Passion slithered through her veins, but unease infiltrated her mind. The people closest to her, namely her uncle, had wronged her in unimaginable ways. How could she possibly let Maan in, only to let him hurt her later on?

Maan, eyes burning bright, stepped toward Geet again.  Grabbing her by the shoulders, he spun her around so that they stood before a large mirror.  He splayed one hand possessively over her abdomen. "You had my child, Geet," he whispered. "We will always be linked together, no matter what."

"Is that why you want to marry me?" Geet asked tearfully. "Because I am Riya's mama?" Her status as his child's mother was no doubt significant, but was that the only reason to be made a Khurana?

Maan stared at the trembling beauty in the mirror. "No," he said hoarsely. "Because you are the love of my life." He cupped Geet's chin in his hand, tilting her face to press his lips to hers.  Geet could feel the dominance, the longing, the pure lust sizzling with him.

"You *will* marry me, Geet," said Maan, after they broke apart. He eyed the breathless siren in front of him. "Whether you want to or not."

"I should have a say in the man I marry," said Geet, her body still shaking slightly. She heard the words pouring out of her mouth, and wondered why she couldn't will herself to tell Maan the real reason she was afraid of committing to him -- because she feared that he would shatter her, like everyone else had. "You don't have any control over me."

Maan chuckled slightly, running a palm over her cheek and down her arm.  Geet all but jumped.

"I'd say your body feels otherwise," Maan remarked, pleased at her bodily betrayal. He took a glance at the clock; it was very late.  "I think you should go back to bed," he said, nodding toward the door.

Geet crossed her arms. "I'll decide when I go to bed," she said.

Smirking, Maan tucked a stray strand of hair behind Geet's ear. "Riya is even more obedient than you are, sweetheart."

"I am not a child."

"Trust me, I know," said Maan, orbs as fiery as ever. He stole another glance at the time. "Go to your room, sweetheart," he said lowly. "We'll talk in the morning."

Geet didn't budge.  Conflicting emotions raced through her. Maan's power over her was overwhelmingly unsettling.  On one hand, she wanted to run away before he could damage her.  But at the same time, she wanted to stay. Stay for . . . forever.

"Go," Maan urged insistently, tilting his chin toward the door. A new wave of lust crept into his eyes, and Geet suddenly knew why he wanted her out so badly. The thought made her blush crimson, and she scurried away.

---

At breakfast early the next morning, which was set up on the spacious deck of the Khurana mansion, Geet took a tiny sip of orange juice.  Maan sat across from her, his untouched slab of toast growing cold on a pale blue plate.

Geet gulped down more juice, unsure of what to say.  Really, what was there *to* say?  The night before, she had tried rejecting the notion of wedlock with Maan by emphasizing that she should be able to decide who to marry; how dare he decide for the both of them that they would wed!  But in her heart, in her soul, Geet knew that she wanted nothing more than to take his name.

But how could Geet even dare herself to believe that he wanted to marry her and keep her happy, that he wouldn't drag her through the dirt like all the others she had trusted? How could she even dare herself to believe that she had a chance to be . . . happy?  Could it be that just maybe -- maybe, maybe, maybe -- she could put her past of pain and heartache behind her and move on?

"You -- you should eat something," said Geet, gesturing toward his piece of toast.

Maan said nothing for a long moment. He then dragged his gaze toward her, a look of despair  hovering over his features.

"After you left last night, I did some thinking," said Maan. His voice had a distant, almost unnatural quality to it.

"Oh?" said Geet, her throat tightening.

After a beat, Maan went on.  "I don't think . . . I don't think . . . that this is going to work," he said.

Geet watched his lips move, unable to register the actual words. "What?"

"Last night, I was holding you, I was . . . I was with you, and I remember holding Sameera the same way. Feeling the same way; in love, enraptured. But how did things end up?" He looked squarely at Geet, agony flashing through his eyes. "In disaster."

"Maan," Geet breathed. "I --"

"I can't do it again, Geet," said Maan, a tear traveling down his cheek. Geet had never seen him look so desperate and alone. "Please don't make me go through it again . . . ."

Geet struggled to rise from her chair on jelly-like legs. "I -- Maan, I won't -- I'm not like her.  I wouldn't ever put you through that kind of pain, that kind of devastation. I *love* you, I wouldn't --"

"Please stop," said Maan brokenly, swiping at his face. "Just . . . stop. If you are worried about Riya, don't be. I'm sure we'll be able to sort out proper custody arrangements.  I'll buy you your own house nearby, too."

Speechless, Geet felt her heart zoom to the pit of her stomach. How had Maan gone from murmuring words of love to discussing custody arrangements? As if that's all they were to each other? Just Riya's parents?

Shaking her head, Geet watched helplessly as Maan strode toward the glass doors leading back into the house and let himself inside.

Geet traced his steps, placing her palm against the glass. What had just happened? "No," she whispered, her hand sliding slowly down the door. After the turmoil she had experienced with her uncle, she had no tears left to cry. Only unimaginable sorrow. Her maybe, maybe, maybe chance at happiness was now never, never, never.

---

"Geet!" Maan whispered urgently. "Geet, wake up!"  He placed one palm on her cheek, hoping to gently stir her awake. She was clearly having a nightmare, quaking in her bed and screaming "no." Geet was yelling so loudly that he had been able to hear her from his own room, where he had been pacing. It had been difficult to sleep with the torrents of love and longing for Geet coursing through him.

Geet's eyes flew open just then, and Maan could tell she was struggling to catch her breath. She looked disoriented, confused.

"It was a nightmare," Maan murmured. He cupped the back of her head in his hand, bringing her forehead to his lips.  "Just a nightmare. Was it your uncle, Geet? Was that who you were dreaming about?"  He hoped he could restrain himself from punishing every person who had ever harmed Geet.  They chased her even in her dreams . . . .

Geet shook her head. "No," she whispered.

"Who were you screaming 'no' to in your dream, then?"

After a pause, Geet replied, "To you."

"To me?" Maan immediately felt his heart drop.  He, of course, had wronged her as well. How could he believe that her nightmares didn't feature him in a starring role?  He shuddered to think of how harshly he had treated her after finding out that she had given birth to his daughter. "I'm sorry, Geet," Maan whispered. He kissed the tip of her nose in apology and took her in his arms. "I won't hurt you anymore, I won't --"

"I wasn't screaming for you to stop hurting me," Geet interrupted softly. "I was screaming for you not to leave me . . . ."  She averted her eyes and the tears gleaming within them.  Wrapped in Maan's embrace, a cocoon of safety, she hugged him even tighter.  Her dream, how realistic it had been. She could still vividly see the pale blue plate with Maan's uneaten toast.

A fierce look of determination flashed across Maan's face. "I'm not going *anywhere,* Geet," he said. "Do you hear me?"

Instead of gracing him with a reply, Geet simply closed her eyes, a breathy sigh escaping her lips.

"Marry me, Geet," Maan whispered, rocking her gently. . "Marry me. I won't hurt you; I'd lay my life down to keep you from harm. Don't . . . don't push me away. Please . . . . "  Maan felt his own throat start to close because of emotion. Perhaps all the betrayal he had been through had to have happened, if only just to lead him to this moment. To this moment where the world outside was asleep under the stars, but the brightest beam was in his arms.  Maybe he and Geet had both had to face heartbreak and demons only to reach where they were now -- together.

"I won't let anyone else have you.  You're mine," Maan whispered into her hair. "You've been mine since the day I laid eyes on you. Do you hear me?"

Geet pulled back, then shook her head slightly. "No," she said quietly.

Maan's heart plummeted to his feet, and he struggled to open his mouth. How could he convince her that --

"I've been yours since the day I was born," Geet corrected softly. Tears escaped from the corners of her eyes. As her dream clearly reflected, Maan had every reason to leave her, to doubt her, after everything he had experienced with Sameera.  But he still wanted Geet. He still had faith in her -- in the two of them together. And he loved her.  Geet re-wrapped her arms around his strong shoulders. She refused to let her own fears and history rob her of her true love. She had lost Maan in dream just moments earlier; she wouldn't lose him in reality, too.

---

A few months later . . . .

"That'll be us one day, you know," said Thomas, smartly suited in a mini-tuxedo.  He was holding Riya at the waist in an attempt to dance with her at her parents' wedding reception.  The two children stared up at the dais that had been set up for Maan and Geet, both of whom looked stunning in their wedding attire. Festive music boomed in the background as guests chattered at large reception tables and danced.

Riya barely heard her dance partner. She was gazing too intently at her mother, who was positively glowing.  But Geet wasn't glowing because of her sparkling jewelry; no, her mother was lit up with the light of pure joy. And Riya's father, her oh-so-handsome and strong father, looked ecstatic, too. He kept leaning over to whisper in Geet's ear, making her blush.  Riya sighed with happiness at the scene, barely noticing that Thomas was accidentally stepping on her toes.

"That'll be us one day," Thomas repeated insistently.

Riya turned her attention to her "date."   "Oh, Thomas."

"It's true. You are my finance."

"Well, I told you I'm not leaving my Mama and Daddy."

"They can stay with us," Thomas said, shrugging. "They can cook us food and do everything we tell them to do."

"Hmm . . . ."

"Just say yes," said Thomas. He adjusted his glasses nervously, hoping she would give a definite answer once and for all. "Please? I'll make sure you get to eat cake every single day."

"How big?"

Thomas pointed toward the gigantic pink cake covered with mounds of frosting and icing that towered in the corner of the room -- the wedding cake. "Twice as big as that one."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Deal," said Riya immediately. Thomas did seem quite dedicated to her happiness, so why not? "But we're gonna have to wait to get married.  We gotta grow up first."

Thomas grinned. "You are better than an ice cream cone in the summer," he said, sighing with joy and relief. He suddenly couldn't wait to be a grown up.

---

"I wonder what Thomas is saying to Riya out there on the dance floor?" Geet observed, leaning into her husband. She and Maan were seated on thrones on the dais, high above the crowd. They would begin their rounds to greet guests soon.

Maan, who for once wasn't particularly interested in Thomas's antics, placed his palms on Geet's cheeks and turned her head to face him. "I love you," he breathed, engulfing her mouth with his. It had been a magical wedding ceremony. Although Geet had insisted on a quiet, intimate wedding, Maan had immediately rejected that idea and opted for a grand, over-the-top affair. And Daadi, who had spent much time with Geet in the last few months and had taken to her quite fondly, had encouraged such an idea as well. The actual ceremony had been rather extravagant, taking place at an opulent venue and overflowing with jewels and flowers. The most meaningful portion, however, was when Maan and Geet had participated in the matrimonial rituals solemnizing their promises of love and devotion to one another.

"I love you, I love you, I love you," Maan whispered again into Geet's mouth.

"Thank you . . . ." said Geet, her eyes shining with delight when they broke apart. Her heart was as light as her exorbitant dress was heavy.

Maan chuckled. "Don't say thank you," he chided gently. "You are quite easy to love, Mrs. Khurana. Just say that you love me, too."

Geet blushed. "I love you," she whispered. Oh, oh, *oh* how she loved him.  With every cell in her body. Maan was the absolute perfect man for her, and accepting his love was the smartest thing she had ever done. Not only had she been blessed in her love life, but it seemed as though every other area of her life was blooming fruitful as well.  Indeed, she was starting advanced library science courses, and she and Maan were confident that she was well on her way to becoming head librarian.

"And I can't wait for you to show me how much you love me," said Maan, raising his eyebrows. A luxurious honeymoon awaited them, starting with a cruise aboard a grand ship. 

"Shh," Geet giggled.  She took a quick glance back at the dance floor, where her daughter and Thomas were pointing to the gigantic wedding cake.  She had reunited with her daughter, and she had an amazing man as her husband.  How had she been showered with such incredible blessings in such a short span of time?  As she and Maan laughed and fed each other bits of the delectable dinner, Geet thought of the moments of her life that had led her to the present: every bruise; every evening of crushing loneliness; every flicker of a candle that she lit at the chapel for Riya; every library book that she had shelved, hoping to crawl into the pages and live someone else's life.  Someone else's happy life. . . .  And now she was that someone.

At last.
THE END.

Thank you guys sooo very much for reading this! I started this story about a year ago and really appreciate every single person who has ever read even a word of it, and of course pressing "like" and leaving feedback. You all gave me so much motivation and encouragement, and I can't express in words how much I appreciate it. I love you all!!!! Best wishes to all of you and your families! Thank you so, so, so, so much . . . times infinity. :)
Edited by kumari3 - 11 years ago
TeamMcSwarek thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
I LOOOVED IT
I loved it just as much as I loved every single part from the beginning up until the end *now*
every single part in this story was purely perfection !
gosh when Geet was having that nightmare i thought it was real and i had goosebumps and everything
had this feeling in my gut
phew i was relieved when i found it wasn't real
and when Thomas was proposing to Riya i couldn't help but smile
you know that way when you lift your shoulders too, like when your watching a movie and the couple has a cute reunion !
and Maaneet oh gosh their marriage gaaahhh i fell in loveee !
i heard my heart shatter into billions of pieces when i saw your pm saying it was the last chapter !
broke my tiny heart into tiny miny pieces !
PLEASEEE tell me your going to keep writing !
My heart's breaking as it sinks into me that this ff has come to an end !
if you are too busy to write ff's please at least write Maaneet os's every once in a while !
Gah I MISSED YOU & THIS FF LIKEEE CRAZY
you're thank you comments always make my day
they're so warm and sweet
and you actually take the time to thank every single person !
&&
OMG i loooved My Fake Fiance i think Melissa and Joey are such a cute couple and have such amazing chemistry !
I was beyond happy when i found out about their show Melissa & Joey !
I can't believe season 2 just finished !
I absolutely cannot wait for season 3 !
Edited by lil.mizz.smexii - 11 years ago
honeygrape thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
last chapter???????????😲😭 whats happening...i ll miss this story n your writing...any plans to come up with a new one??????
honeygrape thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
i dint expect it to end soo sooon...😭 the ending was awesome as always...will be eagerly waiting for your come back 
abinash079 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
a great story 
will miss it 
-Zahra15- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Last chapter??? Already!!!!!!
Am so gonna miss this one for sure :(((

You surely are one of those incredible writer who know how to make you fall in love with their work.
I totally loved this piece of work of yours.
A fabulous FF it has been.
Thanks a lot for this one.

About the update, it was as usual an awesome one.
I liked the dream part to make geet realise how she needs maan and doesnt want him to leave her. It was very nice.

And then my favorite couple, Thomas and Riya, how adorable are they.
Thomas finally convinced Riya into getting married to him.
Like he pointed out, she melted so easily, love is in the air for them too :D
And Thomas, he was like they can make Maaneet stay with them and make them do their work and all, Lol!!!

Am gonna miss this FF for sure and will definitely love to read more from you :))))
Best wishes to you too...
And thanks for the PM.
sweet scorpio thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
I didnt know that you will end it so soon

but it was an awesome ending

finally maneet got married:)

can we have an epilogue pls???
SiniHanda thumbnail
Kumari, thankyou so very much for the much fitting finale. Am truly gratefl that you came back to give us this beautiful final chapter. Considering how busy you have been of late, I know you may not embark on another FF any time soon, but if you ever do, kindly send us a PM. You do know how much we love your writing. Best wishes to you too at everything you do. God Bless.
-memorable- thumbnail
it indeed was a great journey of "For the love of a Child"
thank you so much for this wonderful piece of work