Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tessaloni thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Kittya_Cullen

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">I am not sure I can claim thrilling, although melancholic, and occasionally heartbreaking I may be able to own up to. I will say that the premise remains the same, and only a few of the details have changed. In the end, what has hopefully remained, are the two people who need each other, and the way they influence each other</font>'s lives, and the people in them.

Thank you for reading: both this time, and the last time.

well the best stories are the ones that evoke strong emotions, especially when the effect is cathartic so I still will love it. I love AarYa, and I love to read. This place afforded me a chance to merge both πŸ˜†. No need for thanks, it was a pleasure and it will be again
sass8 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Great. 
I would be happy to read this story and very glad that you have decided to continue writting it πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sass8

Great. 

I would be happy to read this story and very glad that you have decided to continue writting it πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š

I am glad you're interested. 😊
Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hi I read the story in my early days here in the forum πŸ˜Š
I am happy you are continuing it πŸ˜Š
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sharlene1410

Hi I read the story in my early days here in the forum πŸ˜Š

I am happy you are continuing it πŸ˜Š

Howdy, I am happy you have dropped in again then. 😊I never stopped working on it. Like most writers, I just have a variety of ongoing stories all at once, and this one needed massive rewrites in some places, and there are upcoming chapters that still do. Ah, well. Hopefully it will not be too different from what you remember over all. Happy (re)reading😳

ETA: Thread has been updated with Prologue, Ch.1, and Ch. 2.
Edited by Kittya_Cullen - 6 years ago
Tessaloni thumbnail

Prol.

The use of imagery is so vivid that one can easily imagine every scene as it draws you in. You feel every agonizing moment of Yash as he pushes the boundaries just a bit more in his bid to feel closer to Arpita. And curiously, when he is in his senses, he is aware of the effect it has on his family. He does not like putting them through so much angst, but at the same time he is not ready or willing to let go. But after this last episode, he is at least willing to step in the direction of moving on for his family's sake.

But you have given great insight into not only Yash's psyche, but also how it affects those around him. Why would the news report have such effect on him, make him want to bury deeper into his agony? It is because it symbolizes the present, lets him know that life has moved on without her, and that it is demanding him to do the same. That he has to know about the happenings of a world in which she does not exist.

That's why he clings all the more tighter to the frame even when his fingers are numb, he does not let go. The smiling picture makes him want to be a part of that frame, be in that time with her, in their happy moments. But he is unable to, so he grabs it tighter causing him to bleed. But it's nothing new, just the manifestation of his bleeding heart. He feels pain, whatever he does, he is in agony because the one thing that will remove that pain, he cannot have. He has to cause himself pain to hang on to reality by clenching his jaw, just like he has pierced his palms holding onto the frame, in his desperation to be with his love.

His family should have gotten rid of those pictures long ago IMO. But he did lose the woman he loved, and each person grieves differently. There is no timeline for it after all. Except when it results in the episodes Yash has that can lead to self-harm. It cannot be easy to watch a loved one undergo such agony. But at the moment Yash has no reason to move on from it; a part of him must feel that no one in his family can really understand what he feels because none of them went through the same. And this is where Aarti will be vital.

Ch. 1

Aarti is a picture of despair. Those first lines before reading her intent are so heartbreaking. She is so wholly lost to the world around her, unaware of even her dupatta twirling in the wind to beckon her back to life. No. she is already dead, just like her lank hair that not even the wind can bring back to life. And of course the world judges, satisfied that her condition is legit, uncaring about her state. And those willing to look a little closer, unwilling to be drawn into that picture of darkness. So any hope she might have of anyone showing her the beautiful side to life is lost as she walks into the water, wading deeper until she can't anymore.   

What would drive a woman to the point of ending her life precisely when another is growing inside her? Initially she feels relieved as she becomes weightless in the depths of the water, sinking deeper much like her pain was sinking her deeper into misery. And the clouds above represented what she wanted, not death, no, but to get out of the pit of pain and exist in the light. To not be drowned under a storm, but to float above the clouds instead.

And only as death began to claw stronger did she realize that she did not want it. Only then does she realize that whilst she has every reason to want it, she has one very crucial reason to cling to life: her baby. Only here does one realize that she was so far removed from everything good, pulled deeper into despair that she forgot she had a life to safeguard. And when she is reminded of it, she cannot do anything about it. Her own clothes tangle her up and weigh her down, she is strangled by her mangalsutra, much like the suffocating pain from the bond she wanted to escape. And she feels herself drowning with no means of escape.

Ch. 2

So Yash is finally taking that one crucial step to let his love rest in peace by immersing her ashes; it is not just any old place either, but one that she loved, where they had wonderful moments. And once again, he gets pulled into that world, imagining her touch on his lips. But he is able to shake it off and remain in the present, and without pain to himself. And unlike before when he wanted to escape his surroundings, and exist in an abyss pulling him deeper into his world of agony; now he can fully take in everything around him.

Now he can sense that everything as tranquil as it seems, the rippling at the far off spot beckons to him, makes him want to investigate the source. And without a second thought he plunges into the depths of the river, having perhaps for the first time in a long time, a purpose. And in saving this one life, he feels like he is afforded a second chance to save her, "I won't fail you." His whole body screams protests at these grave task which could very well cause him his whole life, but this time he is determined to succeed. To pull her out of the mud alongside himself, to emerge victorious.

In my view their journey starts at that precise moment when in a sense they bring each other back to life. He, in giving her a second chance at life to live for the baby growing inside her, and she, in giving him the chance to save her, and making him see the colors of life he refused to see in so long. Just like the murky water from which they emerged, a lot is still unclear. But just like they swam to shore, and ended on dry land, they will get pass the murk. They might suffocate in its depths, and as they steadily reach the surface, they might stumble, but together they will reach dry land on which they will form a steady foundation. And the beautiful colors of life will dance around them, making their hearts light, and pain free. Well, that's how I see their journey, (Sorry for the dramatics).

And Kittya, thanks once more for choosing to continue this beautiful story of heartbreak, and healing, and of course love. 

Edited by Tessaloni - 6 years ago
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tessaloni

Prol.

The use of imagery is so vivid that one can easily imagine every scene as it draws you in. You feel every agonizing moment of Yash as he pushes the boundaries just a bit more in his bid to feel closer to Arpita. And curiously, when he is in his senses, he is aware of the effect it has on his family. He does not like putting them through so much angst, but at the same time he is not ready or willing to let go. But after this last episode, he is at least willing to step in the direction of moving on for his family's sake.      

But you have given great insight into not only Yash's psyche, but also how it affects those around him. Why would the news report have such effect on him, make him want to bury deeper into his agony? It is because it symbolizes the present, lets him know that life has moved on without her, and that it is demanding him to do the same. That he has to know about the happenings of a world in which she does not exist.

That's why he clings all the more tighter to the frame even when his fingers are numb, he does not let go. The smiling picture makes him want to be a part of that frame, be in that time with her, in their happy moments. But he is unable to, so he grabs it tighter causing him to bleed. But it's nothing new, just the manifestation of his bleeding heart. He feels pain, whatever he does, he is in agony because the one thing that will remove that pain, he cannot have. He has to cause himself pain to hang on to reality by clenching his jaw, just like he has pierced his palms holding onto the frame, in his desperation to be with his love.

His family should have gotten rid of those pictures long ago IMO. But he did lose the woman he loved, and each person grieves differently. There is no timeline for it after all. Except when it results in the episodes Yash has that can lead to self-harm. It cannot be easy to watch a loved one undergo such agony. But at the moment Yash has no reason to move on from it; a part of him must feel that no one in his family can really understand what he feels because none of them went through the same. And this is where Aarti will be vital.

Ch. 1

Aarti is a picture of despair. Those first lines before reading her intent are so heartbreaking. She is so wholly lost to the world around her, unaware of even her dupatta twirling in the wind to beckon her back to life. No. she is already dead, just like her lank hair that not even the wind can bring back to life. And of course the world judges, satisfied that her condition is legit, uncaring about her state. And those willing to look a little closer, unwilling to be drawn into that picture of darkness. So any hope she might have of anyone showing her the beautiful side to life is lost as she walks into the water, wading deeper until she can't anymore.   

What would drive a woman to the point of ending her life precisely when another is growing inside her? Initially she feels relieved as she becomes weightless in the depths of the water, sinking deeper much like her pain was sinking her deeper into misery. And the clouds above represented what she wanted, not death, no, but to get out of the pit of pain and exist in the light. To not be drowned under a storm, but to float above the clouds instead.

And only as death began to claw stronger did she realize that she did not want it. Only then does she realize that whilst she has every reason to want it, she has one very crucial reason to cling to life: her baby. Only here does one realize that she was so far removed from everything good, pulled deeper into despair that she forgot she had a life to safeguard. And when she is reminded of it, she cannot do anything about it. Her own clothes tangle her up and weigh her down, she is strangled by her mangalsutra, much like the suffocating pain from the bond she wanted to escape. And she feels herself drowning with no means of escape.

Ch. 2

So Yash is finally taking that one crucial step to let his love rest in peace by immersing her ashes; it is not just any old place either, but one that she loved, where they had wonderful moments. And once again, he gets pulled into that world, imagining her touch on his lips. But he is able to shake it off and remain in the present, and without pain to himself. And unlike before when he wanted to escape his surroundings, and exist in an abyss pulling him deeper into his world of agony; now he can fully take in everything around him.

Now he can sense that everything as tranquil as it seems, the rippling at the far off spot beckons to him, makes him want to investigate the source. And without a second thought he plunges into the depths of the river, having perhaps for the first time in a long time, a purpose. And in saving this one life, he feels like he is afforded a second chance to save her, "I won't fail you. His whole body screams protests at these grave task which could very well cause him his whole life, but this time he is determined to succeed. To pull her out of the mud alongside himself, to emerge victorious.

In my view their journey starts at that precise moment when in a sense they bring each other back to life. He, in giving her a second chance at life to live for the baby growing inside her, and she, in giving him the chance to save her, and making him see the colors of life he refused to see in so long. Just like the murky water from which they emerged, a lot is still unclear. But just like they swam to shore, and ended on dry land, they will get pass the murk. The might suffocate in its depths, and as they steadily reach the surface, they might stumble, but together they will reach dry land on which they will form a steady foundation. And the beautiful colors of life will dance around them, making their hearts light, and pain free. Well, that's how I see their journey, (Sorry for the dramatics).

And Kittya, thanks once more for choosing to continue this beautiful story of heartbreak, and healing, and of course love. 

Thank you! Having my readers see, and experience what the characters are experiencing is what I aim for at each step of the way. Yash is still muddling through the after-effects of the experiences he has had, and to not give them their due, and allow him to grapple with them, seemed like such a disservice. He is moving in the right direction, but doing so is almost never an easy task, and I wanted both his conundrum, but also the effect it was having on his family when we meet him, to be acknowledged, and felt. When much of this was first begun, and this chapter added to the story, it was with the intention of both exploring the themes the show had originally meant to, while giving a nod to some of the issues we took with how they were handled. That Yash struggles to move forward with the world around him, and take on the responsibility of pushing himself a little further is such a central theme; this chapter aims to allow us to sympathise with him, legitimise his reactions even, while still holding him accountable where appropriate, for the effects it has had/is having on the people around him. How Yash has chosen/is choosing to cope thus far, is unhealthy, and both he, and those around him have dealt with in ways that are not helpful, in part because they had/have no idea <how> to deal with its impact on their lives, and because they want to respect how Yash has chosen to deal with it (in the instances where they can see it is not causing significant harm). That they can no longer quite understand, or recognise this person who clings to the ghost of a woman he loved, hampers their attempts to mitigate the after-effects, and to reach in to him. This, in some ways, is where Yash makes his first step to truly reach out, and meet them halfway. So, while they didn't remove the photographs soon enough, everyone is making a step in the right direction. For now. πŸ˜†        

Aarti's story is a complex one. It has always bothered me that we never got to see what her life, and experiences were prior to Yash, and Prashant in the show. In fact, this chapter, and scene came first before I was completely certain of just what in her background would be the factor that might have pushed her to the point we find her at. I would like to think I have worked backwards enough to give her a fair enough story that explains how she arrived at this point, and made this choice. Yet, like most who make the choice (whether they be successful, or not) there is never quite one thing. I will not say much more, since I do think you have captured everything in your comments above, from the way those around her respond to the aura she is giving off, to her mindset  when she realises that there is more at stake than merely her life here. I will say that I do not think you are being dramatic. Your perceptions are all spot-on, and I do consider this the  first turning point, the moment when their first meeting changes something important--both figuratively, and literally. They impact each other in a way that will ultimately determine how they go on to grow, both together, and apart.  

Thank you for taking the time to write all of this. As a writer, I appreciate being made aware of what my readers are getting from the story, and it helps me know if my core themes are coming across. Each of these chapter write-ups have shown me that so far, what I have put it out, is being translated across the screen after all. 

ETA: Ch. 3 is up. Apologies for the late posting. Laptop is currently in the grave. 
Moving forward, some bits of Malaayalam will appear in the upcoming chapters. I am more familiar with Hindi, and North Indian practices, so if anything is iffy, please do not hesitate to correct me.    
Edited by Kittya_Cullen - 6 years ago
Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hi I just read the new updates loved them felt the familiarity to what I remembered about this ff the first time I had read it 
Tessaloni thumbnail
So we start off with Aarti's dream, or is it? How curious that whilst hanging between life and death, she recollects the concern of in-laws who loved her like a daughter, and how that thread got snapped. A bomb destroys everything in its path, it may be tiny, but the effects are grave. And for Aarti, losing her in-laws is no less... She lost the only source of security, the only true home she ever had. 

So she is in pain both from the dream (recollection), as well as from her present state. It's as if the pain covers her like a robe too heavy to shake off, she stopped trying to, and overtime it became an unwelcome companion... 

I felt sad reading the part she questions if she is dead after all... lying on dirt, with burning lungs demanding air making her wheeze, and the remnants of a painful dream slipping away, she still questions that. In a sense, it's as if she feels that dead or alive, all she will know are pain and confusion 😭.

Yash's flapping clothes signals to her that she is alive after all, someone did save her. Again, curious that she likens him to a murti... but then, maybe not. Someone who would risk his life to save her from the depths of darkness and suffocation is no less than a god to her. 

But the moment his gaze met hers, she is disabused of that notion because she recognizes the same agony in it. His pain calls out to her because it is so familiar to her own... was he as broken, as alone?

That makes her realize what she had forgotten in her despair, that she is no longer alone. Only then does she become aware of her state, and the consequence of that one decision. But the dark pit is pulling her in once again as she grows unconscious...  

Very emotional chapter πŸ˜­... But I thought it was very short as well πŸ˜†. Yes, others will tell you that I am a greedy reader πŸ˜³. 

As for help with Malayalam, or any other Indian practices, I am probably worse off than you. I am Namibian so all I know of Indian culture comes from my obsession with their movies and serials πŸ˜†. And excepting Hindi familial terms, I mostly keep to English in my own stories just to be safe. Thus if anything is iffy, I won't be any the wiser, ignorance is bliss after all πŸ˜†. 

But yes, I am excited for the next chapter . 

Edited by Tessaloni - 6 years ago
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sharlene1410

Hi I just read the new updates loved them felt the familiarity to what I remembered about this ff the first time I had read it 

I am glad you liked them, and relieved that the most important parts still feel familiar even with new additions. Thanks for reading!