Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Eva* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Pooja, you're so right πŸ˜› It'll all make more sense tomorrow...the few seconds of dialogue were quite intriguing though! I'm SO glad that the suspense element is back...very exciting =)) The month of August has been a winner :D As for the episode...eeks!! Sounds LOVELY <3 Going to get some work done soon and then it's EHM time :D

That ER dialogue is so true and heart-wrenching :( Jeevika is already a mother in all senses <3

Nehapie, haila :( Dil toot gaya :( KD is a STAR ❀️ She's been on a ROLL this whole month...her eyes speak VOLUMES <3
Edited by *Eva* - 11 years ago
delete1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: *Reemz*

Sabeeha I know what you mean and I'm sure they will show some sort of conflict in her mind, some remorse as well. I saw her very helpless in Fridays scene, broke my heart. At the same time, I wouldn't want to ponder over it for too long because even though I'm not a ek Hazaron waali Behna (:P), I'm pretty sure my decision to save my living sister would outweigh my decision to save my 8 week old unborn. It is not easy by any means but Jeevika and Maanvi are supposed to be the ek Hazaron waali Behnas who love each other so intensely, so I personally wouldn't want Jeevika to think that much about it...if that makes sense and I haven't made myself sound like a heartless person.

Okay, this is quite a late reply but what the heck :P

Back when we were predicting the future track, I somehow thought that Jeevika's pregnancy would be in a later stage than 8 weeks.

I'm actually not against abortions outright, a lot of what I think about them is based on the timing. Running up to this track, I wasn't expecting them to do it so quickly, but then again, it more or less softens the 'blow' to an audience if the pregnancy is still in the early stages.

I like your perspective on it, it's really enlightening. My stance on the whole topic has changed considerably because it feels like we're living the story with them so in that regard, God forbid, if I was in Jeevika's position with a very early pregnancy and one of my brothers desperately needed me, it goes without saying that I would do anything to help them. A later stage pregnancy, then I have no idea...

But then that just brings it back round to my initial preconception of the track. Is it necessary for the writers to show such an unrealistic situation just to garner more drama to show the Ek Hazaaron Mein in the title? We'll just have to wait and watch to see how it pans out I guess.

:L Nope, not a heartless person. To be honest, I wouldn't want her to think about it too much either because the happy-go-lucky part of me really can't stand too much rhona-dhona.

Originally posted by: -Pj-

@Sabeeha it' s not that I am pro Jeevika but simply pro choice. She cannot be shown simply agreeing to an abortion just to save Maanvi's life with no emotional connection to her planned pregnancy or her husbands views. I'm sure she will struggle with the idea before hand. Personally I think she is able to justify in her own mind why she should/shouldn't have an abortion then it will be relatable otherwise it will be done with no conviction at all.

Btw have any other shows, shown abortions before as I don't know any Indian ones that have.

I'm really just wondering on how it'll be portrayed. This for me, will literally either make or break the show, so it's just counting down the clock from now.

Erm, my mum used to watch that show 'Behnein' whatever it was with the 4/5 sisters that used to be on SP. One of the sisters had an abortion - no emotions, no nothing and it was over and done with in the space of five minutes. It really left an impression with me, especially as I went on to learn a lot more about the conditions and procedure of abortions. That show just baby-fied it too such a great extent that you'd think they were aiming at six year olds :S
-Pj- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Eva tell us your thoughts once you have watched it. I'm guessing I'll view them tomorrow now. But that dialogue from ER fits in so well. The pain that a parent would endure if they lose their child is unimaginable and in the dictionary there is no word for that. They no word for loosing your child.     Edited by -Pj- - 11 years ago
-Pj- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@Sabeeha The abortion issue will make or break this show. Even though they have disgraced cancer, people have somewhat forgiven it because of the emotional connect with the show and the characters. Even though when Maanvi was jumping round after finding out Jeevika was pregnant my mum did say 'Does she look like she has cancer or is ill the way she's jumping around' 

About 'Behnein' (was that the one which Nia was in as there was other sister show called Paryan dhan which I briefly watched) I don't think I ever watched that so was unaware that they had an abortion in there. However, they cannot show someone undergo an abortion which no remorse at all. It cannot be sweeped under the carpet and forgotten. And if it was sweeped away then those effects should be shown. 
Neha.K. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
yeaaah... i won i won🀣
SS of the week πŸ₯³

and congrats to pooja - OS of the week
Rabz_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
KD was Awsome as usual!! i just Love her so much!! theres not a single Episode in which she doesnt impress me with her acting!!

Jeevika's words in tht video camera were sooo touchingg
im liking it hows she's stuck in the middle n is totally double-minded..
the Precap was cute too
delete1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -Pj-

@Sabeeha The abortion issue will make or break this show. Even though they have disgraced cancer, people have somewhat forgiven it because of the emotional connect with the show and the characters. Even though when Maanvi was jumping round after finding out Jeevika was pregnant my mum did say 'Does she look like she has cancer or is ill the way she's jumping around' 

About 'Behnein' (was that the one which Nia was in as there was other sister show called Paryan dhan which I briefly watched) I don't think I ever watched that so was unaware that they had an abortion in there. However, they cannot show someone undergo an abortion which no remorse at all. It cannot be sweeped under the carpet and forgotten. And if it was sweeped away then those effects should be shown. 

Exactly, this is it. If they can't perform here then the show is doomed. The whole abortion issue is inextricably controlled through the emotions of not just Jeevika, but with every other character in the show. Cancer's a whole different issue - CVs where never medically savvy so majority of viewers have learned to tolerate the BS they come out with, with an unfortunate margin that actually do believe cancer to be like what they have portrayed so far. I think it was you that I ended up having a longish discussion about the repercussions of TV as a medium. But anyway, what's done is done.

Yeah it was the same show Nia was in. My mum would just watch it randomly so I picked up bits of the plot. This may be wrong, but I think the girl who had the 'express' abortion did it because she wanted to get her own back at her husband or something stupid like that. It was disgraceful but no one batted an eyelid just because it was just another show. I think we can all agree EHMMBH is different to the normal X,Y and Z.

PS: Congrats on the OS of the week, I really loved it :) [silent reader]

@Neha.K.: congrats, I'm a silent reader and I love your SS :)
*Eva* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
OMG, congrats Neha ji and Pooja!!! You both totally deserve it!!! πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘ β€οΈ  Your works are AMAZING <3 Waiting for the next updates from both of you :D

@Pooja: For sure! <3 The ER dialogue fits PERFECTLY with the situation right now...that pain is excruciating :(

Hey sabeeha! :D So glad to see you here :D A secret admirer of your posts here...you write very well! Your stance on the abortion issue is very interesting actually; it's been rightfully established that Cinevistaas has failed to execute and portray the cancer track, from a medical point of view. It really worries me that they've taken a controversial issue like abortion on their plates 😳 These issues require a lot of sensitivity and research...things that the writers aren't willing to do. I sincerely hope that no other show bases its story around an illness; Indian TV is progressing but they're still not ready to deal with these issues on entertainment mediums.
Edited by *Eva* - 11 years ago
munnihyderabad thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
congratulations πŸ₯³Neha and Puja
awesome guys... and so deserving πŸ‘

they might go on the verge of abortion and Mannu's emotional plight can be shown as how she would feel if J goes that way ... so one week of drama ensured ... with high intensity EQ ..and buckets of tears 😭 

i guess the stage might come where J might take plunge to take a risk where she can never conceive.. and i guess the wait time is for that .. so full on emotional drama..but in the last moment she will not be going in with the abortion and in the end they might find a donor as well
TheMelody. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I thought today's episode was amazing!! Nice balance with all the couples and characters involved with each having a role to play. After a long time all the characters were great to watch but kyaa kare dil toh biased hai jiii... That small JM scene with the hug took the cake! Krystle portrays the character of Jeevika with sheer brilliance. I had a huge lump in my throat when she started to speak and I was teary eyed. So unbelievably beautiful!!Edited by TheMelody. - 11 years ago