Roshni Chopra engaged-Article

heart*beat thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

hehe this is for u desiπŸ˜›

May 2006 Mid-day  Roshni Chopra gets engaged

It was just a normal day off from her Kasamh Se shoot to catch up with family in New Delhi.

Roshni Chopra, who plays Pia in this Balaji daily on Zee, boarded the late-night flight to the capital, on Wednesday. At the airport, her director beau, Siddharth Anand Kumar, arrived to pick her up.

But as the car reached the lane near her home at DLF, Roshni was greeted with a fireworks display, with Siddharth slipping an engagement ring on her finger.

Like the movies

"It was exactly like in the movies. I was completely taken by surprise. It was an overwhelming moment. It was around 1.30 am when I reached home and saw fireworks going off. Suddenly, I saw my family and the neighbours cheering. I had not even imagined that I would be engaged this way," says Roshni.

"Despite the late-hour and all the noise of the fireworks display, the neighbours didn't mind in the least. They thought it was the most romantic thing they had ever seen. It was like Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge unfolding in real life.

Though my entire family knew about it, they kept it a well-guarded secret from me. They even popped open champagne bottles and my father was all equipped with a camera to capture the special moment."

Roshni has known Siddharth for six years. "We have done theatre together. Our families also know each other and we moved to Mumbai for professional reasons," says Roshni, who has acted in Siddharth's film, Let's Enjoy.

'Ring'marole

The actress returned to Mumbai on Saturday. "I had taken a day off, and when I called to say I was engaged, they thought I was joking. But I had a ring on my finger," laughs Roshni, who is undecided on when she will tie the knot. "Right now we have not set any date," she says.

Incidentally in Kasamh Se, too, she was proposed to, in a similar manner.

Eijoooo-anita plzzzz get some advice from RoshniπŸ˜­πŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

white rose thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
thanks jaan
i really like roshni πŸ˜ƒ