Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hope thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
Sorry for the delay everyone. I am really sorry. I have another FF going on and it is getting really tough for me to manage both with my health. I am doing as much as I can. Thank you for waiting patiently. Hope you enjoy the update. I will be posting next update pretty soon. So keep an eye out. 

Also ignore typos and any other mistakes please. Thank you.

Chapter 25 - Growing Bond

Shiv opened his eyes and looked around taking in the surroundings. Remembering that he was in haveli, he thought back to the previous night. He was pretty tired by time they reached haveli and Dadisa seeing his condition right away sent him to the guest room to get some rest. He vaguely remembered Anandi waking him up for medicines. A smile curled up on his lips as he thought about her.

Right then like on queue Anandi entered his room and caught him smiling to himself looking blankly at the wall. Smiling at him she walked in and asked, "May I know the reason for your smile?"

Snapping out of his dreamland he looked at her and blurted out panicking, "What? ..Noth... Nothing."

"Ok, don't tell me. But it feels good to see you up and smiling. You were out cold the whole night and we all were very worried. How are you feeling now?"

"I am fine, thank you. I am sorry for troubling you and everyone.", he said guiltily

"It was no trouble at all. Dadisa was very relieved that you are staying here  after she saw your condition yesterday night. Now fresh up and eat the porridge."

Shiv looked at the bowl that Anandi placed on table next to the bed and looked at her expectantly. "My yesterdays bargain still stands - eat the whole porridge or get an injection.", she chuckled.

"This is so unfair, Anandiji. You can't do this. You can't force me.", Shiv protested folding his hands into his chest.

"You better listen to me. I can force you. Trust me, I can do this and much more.", she smiled.  

Shiv just stared at her in amazement. It felt good, 'he' felt good that she was speaking her mind freely before him. The cherry on top to his happiness was that she was taking care of him and bossing him. Showing him the bathroom she left the room saying, "I will be back in 15 minutes. You better complete it by then."

After nearly 30 minutes Anandi walked into his room followed by Dadisa. He kept aside his laptop and got up from the chair as Dadisa walked in. She enquired him about his health, meanwhile Anandi checked the bowl. She gave a satisfied smile when she saw an empty bowl. Holding a glass of water Anandi walked to him. She passed the tablet to him along with the water. Dadisa gave a satisfactory look at her. Once he was done with medicines, Dadisa warned him not to work that day and to rest well. His protests ended when she threatened that she will take his laptop away if he doesn't listen to her. As dadisa leaves the two, Shiv complained, "Since yesterday everyone is threatening me. First it was you and now Dadisa."

Anandi calmly explained that it was for his own good and they are doing it only because they want him to get well soon. Shiv then asks her if she is leaving for school, for which she says she is staying home today. Shocked he says, "You need not stay home for my sake. I am feeling much better. I can take care of myself and it is not like I will be alone in the house. I will feel really bad if you don't go."

After a little more persuasion she agreed and left. The day passes by pretty fast with Shiv sleeping most of the time.

That evening each family member dropped by to check up on Shiv. He felt overwhelmed by the love and care they were showering on him. As he tries to follow Dadisa in to the main hall, she advises him not to step out of his room and rest till the fever is completely gone. Knowing well by now that arguments are not going to win him anything, he decided that listening is the best option he has.

Around dinner time, Anandi walked in with holding a tray followed by Makhaan. They both arranged food for him and as Makhaan left she handed him the plate and gestured to eat up. He felt relieved when he saw the plate filled with normal food instead of the porridge which he had been forcing down his throat for nearly a day. He quickly took a mouthful while Anandi looked on with satisfaction. Suddenly his hand stopped mid air as he was about to stuff another spoonful. He turned to Anandi who was looking at him confused and asked, "Did you have dinner?"

Surprised by his sudden question, she took a moment before she answered, "No, I will have later."

"Eat with me. Give me company."

"I ... I will have later with others. You please carry on.", she said suddenly feeling more cautious.

Noticing her discomfort Shiv decided not to push her. He felt guilty for asking, for expecting more from her, for wanting more from this relationship they share. Both stayed quiet for a little while submerged in their own thoughts. Coming out of her riviere she looked at Shiv who was lost in his thoughts. She noticed he didn't touch the food again. Taking in a deep breath Anandi sat on the stool next to him, took one poori into her hand, dipped a piece of it in the curry and ate.

Shiv came back to reality as Anandi dragged a stool next to him. His eyes followed every action of hers in amazement and surprise. Before he knew it his heart was racing and his throat went dry. He felt so happy that a huge smile took its place on his face and he silently whispered, "Thank you."

She was a little surprised by his words. She wanted to say something in return but she found herself at loss of words. She ended up saying nothing.

Sharing an eyelock every now and then both silently continued with the dinner. Trying to ease the tension which was unknowingly building between them he said, "Food is really tasty. I feel like eating more and more." But to his disappointment Anandi didn't say anything. She just smiled at him. He didn't say anything more. It was silent again. Once they were done with dinner she took the plate and was about to walk out when he spoke again, "Sorry for asking you that earlier. I shouldn't have. I didn't mean to make you feel bad."

This time she spoke, "No, I am not feeling bad. Infact I am happy you asked. We are friends are we not. So no need to say sorry."

Smiling broadly he said, "Thank you for giving me company. I really liked it."

"Me too" She smiled pleasantly and left.

Shiv woke up the next day and was feeling much better. He got into the shower and walked out feeling refreshed. He started to dry himself when there was a knock on the door startling him, followed by "Collector Saab." He panicked. Looking around he grabbed his pant, shirt and yelled "One minute." He rushed himself into his clothes and opened the door hurriedly.

Looking at Shiv who was out of breath and gasping heavily, she asked concerned, "Collector Saab, are you ok?" Her hand involuntarily flew up and landed on his forehead as she checked if temperature was still  there.

Shiv froze the moment her cold, soft hand touched against his forehead. Before he got lost in her he pulled himself together and said "I am fine, Anandiji. I was just getting ready."

Relieved, she looked at him to say something but stopped midway. Because as she saw his face she noticed his wet dishevelled hair falling unevenly all over his face. Adding to the scene were the tiny droplets hanging at the hair tips. Before she knew it she was staring at him, studying his face and forgetting everything around her in the process.    

Shiv immediately noticed Anandi staring at him. He looked at her confused. "What is wrong? Why is she looking at me like that? What is she thinking? Did I do something?", his anxiety was increasing as questions invaded his mind. Putting a stop to his chain of questions, he inhaled and exhaled heavily before he asked, "What is wrong Anandiji? Is everything ok? Did I do something?"  

Realizing what she was doing, she dropped her face to the ground embarrassed. "What was I doing? Why was I looking at him? What must he be thinking? What should I tell him?..."

Happy Reading. Please leave your precious comments and hit like button.

Edited by Hope - 11 years ago
rdjha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
again a very nice update!! slowly the bond of friendship is progressing...nice!!! do update soon!!
ANNU30 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
๐Ÿ˜Š Very Nice Update!! eagerly waiting for next update
libsrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
really good update...relax with your updates...health is the most important thing...don't make yourself ill just to make Shiv overcome his illness ๐Ÿ˜Š
Illumination thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Fabulous update 
I really enjoy to read the story 
Hope thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I am going to India for a long break (4 months nearly). I don't know if I will have access to internet or not,  Sorry about the ambiguity but I will surely try to post as much as possible. I really wanted to complete Jagya's part before I left but  the trip was decided so fast that I was left really busy.  In case I don't get to post updates till I am back, I hope you all will show your love the same way as you are doing now. 

Anyway, here is the next part. Please leave your comments and don't forget to hit like.

Chapter - 26

When there was no response from her Shiv got more worried. He was worried that if something went wrong now, when everything was going well between them then, the friendship, the happy and carefree Anandi, her comfort with him  will all go away. He asked again concern etched in his tone, "Did I do something wrong? You can tell me. I ..."

She felt bad for not answering. She could sense that he was worried. But she didn't know what to say. She still didn't understand the reason for her doing what she did. Also she didn't know what to tell him.

Out of the blue she suddenly muttered, "Did you wash your hair?"

Now he was more confused. Unable to understand what his hair has to do with her mood he nodded his head in affirmation and repeated his question, "What? Yes, Did I do something wrong?"

With a straight face, she replied, "Yes."

He just stood there unable to understand what she meant. Looking at his face with same straight look she said, "I didn't expect this from you Collector sab. I thought you are well educated. Don't they teach you about do's and don'ts?"

Losing his patience, he asked, "Teach about what?"

Anandi enjoying his reaction said, "That it is a bad idea to wash hair when you have  temperature." She chuckled.

"What?", was the only thing that came from his mouth. He was puzzled and revealed at the same time.

Anandi bursted into laughter unable to hold it in any longer. All the tension which was pulling him down few seconds back disappeared as he watched her laughing and he couldn't help but join her.

Suddenly stopping she looked at him questioningly and said, "Did you dry your hair?"

"Ya, I did."

"But I can see its still wet. That was what I was looking at earlier." 'Yes, that is what I was looking at. that his hair is wet and it needs to be dry. Nothing to be embarrassed about it Anandi.'

"That will dry off in few minutes. I am tired of rubbing it with towel."

"That is not a good idea. You might catch cold or the temperature might come back. Wait" Saying that she grabbed the towel and gestured him to sit on the chair. Unable to predict what she was going to do he sat down. Walking behind him she laid towel on his head and started drying his hair. Taken aback by her actions, Shiv sat still like a statue. His heart started racing faster than a ferrari.

Suddenly he heard her say as she touched his hair with her hand, "It looks better. We don't want collector of Jaitsar to be sick again now, do we."

"You scared me to bits few seconds ago and now... Thank you.", he said with sincerity

"I scared you? Why? What did I do to make you feel scared?", she asked surprised.

"Yes, because I felt you were angry with me and you would..", he stopped realizing what he was about to blurt out.

"Why did you stop? I want to know. I would what?"

"Nothing. I was just afraid."

"Afraid? This is not like you, Collector sab. You always speak your mind. What happened now? Tell me. "

He thought, "She is right. I always speak my mind then when did I become like this? I know she don't feel the same for me like I do for her. Then what more is there for me to lose. What am I so scared to lose?" 'Her friendship. HER', his subconscious cleared his question.

Anandi asked again, "Tell me. Do I scare you? Are you afraid of me?"

"No. I didn't mean like that."

"Then"

"I meant.. I meant that I was scared of losing."

"Losing... Losing what?"

"You. Your friendship. Recently you had been through so much. You just started to smile and to be happy. I want you to be like that. I want you to be happy. I am afraid that if I say or do something you don't like you might go back to being sad. Afraid that I will lose you as my friend, that you will walk away from me. You and your friendship mean a lot to me." There now she knows his insecurities.

She was dumbstruck when she heard him speak. She didn't know what to say, what to feel from all this. Shiv waited expectantly for her to say something. He was happy that she was still standing behind him when he spoke his heart out but now the silence was killing him. He wanted to look at her, study her face for clues to what she was thinking. Just few seconds back she was taking care of him and he was very happy but now that happiness seems to have long gone. Trying to fix the situation he said, "I didn't mean to make you sad. I am really.."

Anandi knew what he was going to say next. She said before he completed, "Sorry." taking Shiv by surprise. "You have nothing to say sorry for. I am sorry. I didn't know I made you feel that way. But now that I know, I want to clear it with you. I am happy being your friend Collector sab. Whatever you or I might say to each other, we will still be friends and I will always be there for you. Please don't hide such things from me. I really value your friendship and I am happy we became friends."

"Me too. I am happy to be your friend. I am sorry for everything. Can I tell you something?"

"Yes."

"Even I want you to be open about everything. I mean, tell me if I made you angry or if you didn't like something I did. Also I want you to share your problems with me. I want you to remember I will always be here for you."

"Ok, I will try to be open. I will remember to come to you when there is a problem."

Shiv let out a smile and said in a casual tone, "Now that feels good. Looks like my hair is dry now. Thank you again. Are you leaving for school now?"

Surprised by the sudden change in topic she answered, "Yes, I will be leaving now. I came here to call you for breakfast. I requested Dadisa to let you eat with everyone and after a little persuasion she agreed. You wanted company right? I will be leaving now. Don't forget to take your medicines after you eat."

"Dadisa agreed? Thats great. Staying in this room all of yesterday was killing me. Thank you, Anandiji"

"Let me confirm to you that Dadisa only agreed for you to get out from this room but not from this house. She feels if you rest today also then you will gain your energy back. Got it.", She said like a teacher warning her student.

"I thought of going to office for few hours. But that seems impossible now. I will ask Bheem Singh to come over later. I appreciate the freedom. I got it, I will be a good boy, teacherji.", he said with a pout just like a child throwing a tantrum.

Anandi smiled at him and he smiled back. Taking her leave she left.

Happy reading. Waiting to know your thoughts on this chapter.

Kurup thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Heyyy...hope I am the first to comment...

Loved this update...shiv and anandi always rocked and will always rock...The way anandi cared for shiv was reallly awesome...good that both have agreed to the terms of opening up their mind to each other...

Would love to see the story unfolding sooonnn...especiallly the jagya sesssions,,,,

Happpy that u r travellling to india but sad that there wont b updates for 4 months...I hope u get a net facility here and can keeep updating ur scripts here...

Happpy and safe journey...
libsrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
have  a safe journey and plz also try to update as soon as possible
nice and sweet update ๐Ÿ˜Š
saragnya thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
hey just read your story as am a new member of the forum...it is superb๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜ƒjust love the way u r making shiv and anandi progressing in their relationship step by step...just loved all the conversations between them...and i know they will surely form the rock solid foundation for their love & togetherness in your upcoming parts...will b eagerly waiting for ur next update... thank you for such a lovely story๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
rdjha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
hey great update!!  iguess i missed it earlier...but yo uhave a great holiday and enjoy!!