'I'm Sari' Roshni Chopra (Pia)

minnitayyaba thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
does this mean kasam se will start from wen bani gets out of jai's car and takes a bus to the beach house after the saregamapa finals thing is over...or will it start from somewhere else..nd is it for this whole weeek....cz someone told me it was just for monday and tuesday...plzzz reply soon....im soo confuseeeeeeddd

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

* ~ Roshni ~ * thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Roshni Chopra in a typical wetern outfit

The actress in a sari, to which she has taken an uncommon fancy

'I'm sari,' she said

Pia of Kasamh Se wants to go traditional and detests her forced western look in the show

Sapana Patil Poojary

Roshni Chopra, who plays the petite Pia of Zee TV's Kasamh Se is so taken in by her make-over (for an episode in the show) that she has decided to dump her on-screen western image for a more traditional Indian look.

The actress was given a sari to wear for a wedding sequence. And ever since, she has been insisting to shoot only in saris. However, the producers refused her demand as the sari-clad look would be a stark contrast to her character—that of a middle-class, fashion-conscious girl who aspires for an extravagant lifestyle. Invariably, Roshni had to agree to stick to the original look, but has added her own touch to it.

"It's true that I don't want to wear western outfits anymore. When I saw myself in a sari, I just loved it. Saris make me feel feminine and sensuous. But my character in Kasamh Se is that of a modern girl, so saris are no-no," she says. "However, I feel that one can be equally modern in a sari too. You can wear saris with halter-necked blouses for a contemporary look. But Sandiip Sikcand, the creative head of the show believed that saris didn't suit the role. He is the boss and I believe in him."

So Roshni is back to wearing skirts again, but a tad differently. "Usually, maasi (Ekta Kapoor's aunt Nim Sood who designs costumes for Balaji actors) designs my clothes. But this time, I thought, I'll do it myself. I have picked up stuff from Delhi, Goa and Mumbai. These are long skirts, simple yet stylish. Though the skirts are trendy, I miss wearing saris. I can only wear them during a party sequence. I'm desperately waiting to shoot party scenes."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;articleid=6212006232751875621200623231015
Naz19 thumbnail
thanx for sharing roshi.. 😊
Tanx for sharing even I tink Roshni luked hot in Sari! 😉
memsaab thumbnail
actually she looks sooooo pretty in Sari in Kavyanjali..
AfghanLeena thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
thanx for sharing roshni kumar 😃
Dazzling Diva thumbnail
she looks hot wither way 😛