Profile: Karan Mehra (Soham)

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

PROFILE: Karan Mehra

Karan MehrA is, currently, one of the hottest boys of tellytown. Good looking, talented with luck dancing on his head. Barely eight months in Mumbai and he's really rocking already. He made his debut in Star One's Remix in which he played the malicious Aditya who was the third angle in the love triangle - the other two being Anvesha and Yuvi. These days you see him in the Sahara One show Saath Rahega Always. Here,he plays one of the leads, Soham, the silent lover. Been really lucky I guess. 'Doing good work. Started with a show like Remix. I was supposedly to be on the show for about 40 episodes. We went on to 94 episodes. It went off very well. I got a good response'. How did it happen? It so happened that I was in Delhi and I went to audition for India Calling which didn't happen but instead this happened. And the producer of Saath Rahega... and his creative people saw me in Remix and I got a call for this and here I am, smiles Karan who is a graduate from Delhi University. He used to run a retail garment shop till the acting bug brought him to the city of dreams. He had been actively involved in plays while in school and college and also joined Barry John's theatre group in Delhi 'where I learned a lot. I think a bit of training is very important. Basic knowledge is necessary. It helps you grow,' he feels. So onto Soham in Saath Rahega Always. He is the silent lover, madly in love with Pihu.

Now the show has taken a five years leap so they have graduated from college and now Soham is into event management but still loves Pihu, who is married now. 'He wants to see Pihu happy. His love is selfless. Unconditional, very pure. I relate to Soham completely. Soham is basically a sweet, loving, nice, happy-go-lucky person, who totally believes in love. It's fun playing soham, working hard. I want to grow as an actor with each passing day. Learning every day,' says Karan who has taken up a new show called Dhoom Machale Dhoom which is again a college drama about five people who end up fighting the underworld. 'I play one of the leads, who is a football champion,' he adds. He doesn't wish to reveal more about it now. He?s also quite excited because he plans to buy his house in Mumbai and bring his sister and mom over here. 'I love them a lot.They watch my show every day. Mom also works so if she misses it at 7.30 in the evening she keeps awake till 1.30 and makes it a point to see the episode. I will get them here soon,' he smiles.

Can anyone pl. tell me abt this new prog. of his? Dhoom machale dhoom?

Edited by moviemania - 17 years ago
Posted: 17 years ago
tsf....

ey...even i dont know about this new show...