AR FF My Heart Is Yours Discontinued! Read Pg 1

SmokeyLight thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Hello everyone!!! I'm here to post an FF and this ideas has just come to my mind and I found IF a few days ago and found the Fanfictions section, so I decided to write an AR FF. I'm going to let you all know that my writing is not that good and I'm still a beginner but I hope you all enjoy.

Before you all start reading, I would like you to know that what you are going to read still happens today and I thought to write it on AR. When you will read, you will understand what I mean :)
Please do comment and like. If you want PMs, add me as your buddy.

*Chapters are hyper-linked

Index

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

REASON FOR DISCONTINUATION!

A personal problem has come up which is not allowing me to continue this FF. I apologize and feel really bad for starting it and leaving it at the beginning. Hope you all understand and can forgive me :) Anyways, goodbye.

Edited by SmokeyLight - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SmokeyLight thumbnail
Chapter 1

"Armaan, tu Riddhima se shaadi kyun nai karta?" Ananya asks her son who is laying down on an charpoy on the terrace of their small house while she put up wet clothes on a line for them to dry.

"Ma, main usse shaadi nai karna chahtha aur waise bhi woh mujhse dus saal choti hai. Abhi woh sirf dus saal ki hui hai aur abhi se hi Shashank uncle aur Padma aunty Riddhima ki shaadi karana chahthe hai!" Armaan yells at his parent's.

"Mere aur tumhare Papa ki bhi shaadi issi umar hui thi. Iss gaon main aise hi hota hai," said Ananya.

"Ma, main shaadi nai karoga! Main shehr jaana chahtha hoon aur kuch bana chahtha hoon."

"Shehr jaana chahthe ho tum?" His father's voice came from behind. Armaan stands up and faces his father with his head lowered.

"Gaon se shehr jaoge?" Balwinder said with a sarcastic laugh. "Yahan pe toh tum kuch nai bane toh phir shehr main kya bano ge."

"Kyun ke meri achi se padayi nai hui. Main shehr jaoga toh achi padayi karoga toh phir achi naukri milegi mujhe."

"Armaan, tum bade sapne dekhna band karo aur mere saath factory main kam karo," said Balwinder.

"Main nai uss factory main kam karoga." Armaan stares straight at his father. "Main aap ko galat sabit karoga aur shehr jaa ke kuch banoga." Armaan walks inside towards his room.

"Aap ke liye kuch lao?" Ananya asks in a low voice. Balwinder glares at her.

"Teri vajah se yeh bigad gaya hai. Agar isse ache sabak sikhati toh aaj yeh factory main kam kar raha hota!" Balwinder  yells at Ananya. Ananya lowers her eyes as she held the pallu over her head. "Aur woh shaadi ke liye na nai kehta. Jao aur mere liye chai banao!" Ananya quickly strides inside.

Balwinder had gone over to the Gupta's whose daughter they want Armaan to marry. Shashank sat with Balwinder on the small  couch and waited for him to speak up. For the past four months they all have been trying to convince Armaan to get married to Riddhima. For a girl to get married at a young age is normal for them. Almost every little girl who is about ten has been married except for Riddhima. Balwinder and Shashank are very good friends too so they had decided to get Riddhima married to Armaan when she was born, but Armaan was unknown to all of this until now. Balwinder felt that if they told Armaan that he is going to marry Riddhima when she turns ten then maybe he wouldn't have seen all those big dreams about going to the city to become a someone. Balwinder feels that is the only place he went wrong at about not telling Armaan anything.

"Armaan ne kya kaha?" Shashank asks with urgency clearly audible in his voice. Balwinder looks at Shashank with a downcasted face.

"Abhi tak Armaan na kar raha hai," said Balwinder. They hear a sob to see a lady crying while covering her mouth. Balwinder gets up and walks over to her. "Bhabhi ji aap fikar mat kijiye. Main Armaan ko haan keh kar chodo ga. Main apna vaada pura karoga. Riddhima meri bahu zaroor banegi." Balwinder turns to Shashank. "Ab main chalta hoon." He holds his hands together
and leaves. She breaks down crying.

"Padma, sambhalo apne aap ko. Riddhima ki shaadi jaldi ho jayegi." Shashank holds Padma's shoulder.

Riddhima stood upstairs listening to the conversation with tears glistening her eyes. Her parent's had told her from the beginning that she will be getting married to Armaan, and she agreed as she knew this is what is destined for her. Even if she did fight back that she didn't want to get married, they would have forcibly done it. She knows some of her village friends were forcfully married because they had disagreed. For a girl not getting married at a early age, will make other people start finding faults in her.

At night, Riddhima walks out of her house to get some fresh air. Her parent's are all ready asleep. She looks around to see Armaan walking alone. His house is only a few houses away from hers. She runs over to him and stops in front of him, panting. Armaan lifts his head up when he hears Riddhima's panting.

"Tum yahan kya kar rahi ho? Tumhe sona nai chaiye?" Armaan's mood went worse on seeing Riddhima. Every since the mention of him and Riddhima's marriage, he had not liked the sight of her. Because of Riddhima his dreams are nearly destroyed. He has to leave this village and that to soon.

"Aap mujhse shaadi kyun nai kar sakte? Mujhe me koi kharaabi hai? Maine koi galti ki hai? Aap mujhe bata de main apne aap ko badal dogi," Riddhima cries, staring up at Armaan.

"Agar main tumse shaadi karoga toh mere saare sapne chur ho jayegi kyun ke Papa kahege mujhe tumhe sambhal na hai! Main kuch bada karna chahtha hoon. Na ke tumse shaadi!"

"Mujhse shaadi kar lijiye mere Mama Papa tut jayege agar yeh shaadi nai hui." Riddhima gets on her knees and folds her hands in front of him. She is only ten but knows the importance of a girl getting married. Riddhima is willing to do anything to get married.

"Main tumse shaadi nai karoga! Jab bhi main tumhe dekhta hoon toh mujhe ghutan hoti hai. Main tumse nafrat karta hoon Riddhima!" Armaan yells at her and walks back to his house. He wanted to get away from her. He hates her.

Riddhima was always told that Armaan is going to be her husband and she had accepted the fact that he will be her husband. Whenever she met him, she behave nicely and sweetly with him, but he always ignored her. Today she knows why he ignored her. Armaan never wanted to marry her and never will. Riddhima feels that there has to be something wrong with her if a guy like Armaan is rejecting to marry her. Life is so difficult for a little girl especially when she lives in a village. Her life is only to obey whatever the elders and her husband say and a be the perfect daughter, daughter-in-law, wife, and mother. That's all there is for a girl sometimes. Riddhima is already mature at the age of ten and she is ready to give herself to Armaan, but he keeps on denying. Riddhima knows how much her parent's are going through just to see her get married.

Riddhima cries as she watches Armaan walk back to his house. She gets up and slowly walks back to her house knowing her parent's will be completely heartbroken when they find out that in reality Armaan is really not going to marry her. She isn't getting any other marriage proposals either. If she doesn't get married soon then getting married later on for her could be impossible because people will only try to find something wrong because she didn't get married at the age of ten.

Armaan is standing outside his house and looking around eagerly waiting for mail delivery guy to come. Armaan had applied to a college in the city with the old computer at their house. Every morning he waits for the mail guy to come and give him some envelope to him, but the mail guy always passes his house which leaves Armaan with more less hope to be able to go to the city. The whole day he is praying that he gets the acceptance letter and then after that he can get out of the village as soon as possible.

"Armaan, bahar kya kar rahe ho? Andar aao!" Ananya yells from the balcony upstairs.

"Aata hoon Ma!" Armaan yells. He stays standing there still looking around.

"Andar aao Armaan! Mujhe tumse kuch nikalvana hai!" Armaan sighs and walks inside the house and upstairs to his parent's bedroom.

After Armaan walked in the house, few minutes later the mail guy came and put a few envelopes on their doorstep and walked away.

"Kya hai Ma!" Armaan said irritably.

"Ma se aise baat karta hai tu?" Ananya hits his shoulder. Armaan rolls his eyes. "Teri vajah se tere Papa mujhe dant the hai."

"Toh aap bhi aage se bole na. Chup kyun rehti hai."

"Kyun ke mujhe sikhaya gaya hai ke pati ki kadar karna aur ek tu hai jo apne ma baap ki kadar karta hi nai."

"Main yahan koi lesson nai seekh nai aaya hoon. Kam kya hai?"

"Upar se woh gadhe and takye nikalo," said Ananya. Armaan walks to the shelf in the closet and pulls them down.

"Yeh kiss liye hai?" Armaan hands them to Ananya.

"Mehmaan aa rahe hai." Ananya starts dusting the blankets and pillows.

"Kaunse mehmaan?" Armaan asks curiously.

"Teri shaadi ke liye." Ananya walks out. Armaan stands there shocked for a few moments then runs after his mom.

"Shaadi?! Maine aap aur Papa se kaha hai na ke main Riddhima se shaadi nai karoga!" Armaan says in a loud voice. Ananya turns around almost making Armaan bump into her, but stops in time.

"Lekin tu kar raha hai. Tere Papa ne aaj subah Bhai saab aur Padma bhabhi ji ko haan keh diya hai. Kal mehndi hai aur parso haldi aur mehndi." Ananya starts walking again. Armaan is totally pissed now.

He didn't know what to do and on top of it he hasn't gotten any letter from the college he applied to. He was so confused that he let out a frustrated scream. Armaan runs his hand through his hair and storms out of the house. Armaan sees the envelopes and quickly picks them. He goes through them and finally after so long he finds the letter he is looking for. Armaan quickly opens it and jumps up in joy. He has been accepted! Now he could probably get out of getting married to Riddhima. Armaan runs inside to Ananya.

"Ma!" Armaan exclaims in excitement.

"Tujhe kya hua? Abhi toh ghusse main tha aur ab tu khush hai." Ananya is taking out taking dishes and takes a quickly glance at Armaan to find him grinning widely.

"Ma, idhar dekhe na."

"Armaan, mujhe tang mat karo. Mujhe bohut kam hai." Ananya is not looking at Armaan.

"Main accept ho  gaya college mein!" Armaan holds Ananya's shoulder and turns her around. Armaan shows her the letter and looks at her happily.

"Lekin tu nai jaa raha." Armaan frowns.

"Kyun? Ab toh meri aur Riddhima ki shaadi nai hogi. Main sher jaa raha hoon." Armaan turns around to see Balwinder with a hard expression.

"Teri Ma theek keh rahi hai. Tu kahin nai jaa raha." Armaan walks up to Balwinder and stands eye to eye with Balwinder.

"Main jaa raha hoon aur aap mujhe rok nai sakte." He walks away, but stops at Balwinder's voice.

"Tere paas paise hi nai toh tu kaise jayege?" Armaan turns around and smirks at his father.

"Mere paas paise hai. Aap jitna mujhe nalayak samjhte hai main utna hoon nai. Maine kam kiya hai aur paise ek khate kiye hai. Aap fikar karni ki koi zaroorat nai hai." Armaan talks back and runs upstairs to pack his stuff and get out of here.

"Armaan!" Balwinder barges in his room. "Main Shashank ko haan keh diya hai ke tu Riddhima se shaadi karega."

"Yeh meri galti nai hai...aap ki hai. Maine nai kaha tha jaa ke unn ko haan bole! Yeh ab aap ka boj hai! Mera nai!" Armaan continues packing his stuff.

"Armaan, thade dimaag se soch. Sab ko keh diya gaya hai ke tu Riddhima se shaadi kar raha hai."

Balwinder calms himself down to be able to talk to his son in civilized manner and not have to yell at him. Balwinder thought that  if he talks normally with Armaan that Armaan will agree and not leave.

"Mujhe koi farak nai padta," said Armaan. "Main toh hamesha se yahan se jaana chahtha." He mumbles the last part to himself.

"Armaan! Riddhima se shaadi karle. Woh sab toot jayege!" That hit Armaan's last nerve and he blasted. Ananya stood at the door and watched her son and husband fight. She couldn't intefere even if she wanted to. She knows that a woman's place is to listen to everything and not say a word.

"Maine kaha tha ke meri shaadi Riddhima se karaye! Mujhe nai karni Riddhima se shaadi! Main hamesha se sher jaana chahtha hoon. Papa, aap sirf apne baare main sochte hai. Riddhima aap ki dosti ki beti issi liye aap ne uss ka rishta mere se karvaya! Hamesha aap ki marzi hoti hai! Ab nai! Sab badal gaya hai Papa! Bacho ke bhi sapne hote hai! Gaon main rehte hai iss yeh matlab nai ke wohi hoga jo bade chahe! Main yahan se jaa raha hoon!" Armaan starts walking, but Balwinder grabs his arm.

Armaan looks at his father with anger screaming from his eyes and it was all for his father. Armaan has always listened and done everything Balwinder wanted, but not anymore. He is going to do what he wants and he will.

"Armaan beta...agar humne unn ko na kaha toh woh puri tarah toot jayege aur maine unse vaada kiya tha ke main Riddhima ko apni bahu banakar rahoga aur main apna vaada pura karoga."

"Papa, aap apne bete ki khushi nai dekhna chahthe. Aap mujhe ek bada insaan dekhna nai chahthe. Kya Riddhima ki khushiyan aap ke bete ki khushiyan zyada mayne rakhti hai."
Balwinder was stunned. He didn't know what to say. Balwinder takes a step back.

"Agar tum gaye toh main bhul jaoga ke mera koi beta tha," said Balwinder with his voice confident. Armaan stares at his father in shock and Ananya covers her mouth. With that being said, Balwinder walks out.

Armaan falls on his knees. Never in his life did he think that his own father would want to disown him. Tears form in Armaan's eyes and he knows that his dreams have been destroyed forever and all because of Riddhima. Armaan puts all the blame on Riddhima. Ananya sits by her son and looks at him. Armaan stares at his mother with tears in his eyes but not falling. They kept on pooling up in his eyes.

"Papa, jhoot bol rahe hai na?" Ananya cries and strokes Armaan's hair back and hugs. Armaan breaks down in Ananya's arms. Armaan wanted to become big, but not when knowing that his father wants him to break all ties with them. "Jhoot bol rahe hai Papa!" Armaan's voice came muffled because he was hiding his face in his mother's neck.

Balwinder stood outside the door and watched Armaan cry in Ananya's arms. He could feel his heart sink at the sight of his son crying hysterically. Balwinder knew how much Armaan's dreams meant to him, but Balwinder couldn't break his promise. He had kept it for ten years and now he has to fulfill his promise. Balwinder looks down when he feels his own eyes tearing up. When he looks back up, Balwinder finds Ananya's dissaproving eyes at him. Ananya's face is stained with tears and she looks at her husband disappointed. Ananya has always done everything said by Balwinder and never once complained, but now seeing her son break down like this made her wonder if her husband had a heart. Balwinder walks away when he feels a tear escape his eyes. He can't cry and he has to show that he is responsible for Armaan and show him the right path. Balwinder was always against Armaan for him going to the city.

Armaan walks to the tiny table on where the have dinner. Balwinder and Ananya are already seated and are ready to start dinner. Armaan sits down quietly and starts taking small bites.

"Main Riddhima se shaadi karne ke liye tayar hoon," Armaan said with his eyes looking at the table ahead of him. Balwinder and Ananya both look at Armaan in shock.

"Sach!" Ananya exclaims. Armaan barely nods his head. Ananya hugs Armaan. "Tum nai jaante ke main kitni khush hoon." Balwinder puts his hand on Armaan's shoulder and Armaan looks at him. Balwinder smiles at him.

"Meri ek shart hai." Balwinder's smile fades away and moves his hand from Armaan's shoulder.

"Shaadi ke baad...main shehr jaoga...aur Riddhima yahan aap dono ke saath rahegi. Main usse lekar nai jaoga."

"Armaan, yeh kaise baatein kar rahe ho tum?" Ananya asks exasperated.

"Aisa nai hoga." Balwinder stands up and so does Armaan.

"Maine aap ki baat maani ab aap meri baate manegi," Armaan says. Balwinder looks at Armaan with anger in his eyes. Balwinder had thought that Armaan had come out of his dreamland, but apparently he hasn't.

"Theek hai," Balwinder agrees. Ananya looks at Balwinder, confused and appalled. "Tum jaa sakte." Armaan grins.

"Thank you Papa!" Armaan runs upstairs.

"Yeh aap - " Balwinder puts his hand up.

"Jab Armaan ko ehsaas hoga ke woh kuch nai kar paya toh woh wapis aaye ga aur yahin rahega...Riddhima ko apni patni maan kar." Balwinder looks at Ananya. "Jaldi khana khao. Kal sab mehmaan aane wale hai aur bohut kam pada hai."

"Riddhima, mujhe pata tha ke Armaan zaroor manega aur dekh na wohi hua," Padma said to Riddhima who is sitting and just staring into thin air. Riddhima still didn't understand how Armaan agreed to marry her when he is against it.

"Acha? Tum toh itna ro rahi thi ke Riddhima ki shaadi nai hogi," Shashank said, teasing his wife.

"Aap bhi na." Padma shakes her head with a smile. She looks at Riddhima to see Riddhima lost. "Riddhima..." Padma shakes Riddhima a bit. Riddhima looks at her mom and forces a smile. "Kya hua beta? Tum itni chup kyun ho?"

"Main aap ko aur Papa ko chod ke nai jaana chahthi." Riddhima hugs Padma and cries.

"Arre pagli tu itni dur kahan jaa rahi hai. Sirf teen ghar dur hi jaa rahi hai," said Padma. Padma pulls back. "Lekin ab woh tera ghar hai."

"Nai, yeh hamesha mera ghar rahega," Riddhima said with a frown and a cute pout. Shashank sits next to Riddhima.

"Riddhima, ma baap ka ghar sirf issi liye hota hai ke usse kahin rehne ki jagaa ho lekin shaadi ke baad uss ka ghar woh hota hai jahan uss ka pati rehta hai. Hm?" Shashank explains and Riddhima nods her head. "Jaldi sote hai kyun ke kal bhi bohut kam hai aur Riddhima tumhe aaram karna chaiye." Shashank walks away.

"Chal jaldi so ja," Padma says and walks after her husband.

Riddhima sat on the terrance staring up at the full moon. Her thoughts kept on drifting back to Armaan agreeing to the wedding. She didn't how he agreed but she wanted to know. Armaan himself told her that he doesn't want to marry her and hates her then why? The questions roamed in her head and she couldn't find the answers to any of them. She had to ask Armaan, but by asking him, she didn't want to get scolded by him. Riddhima knows that a wife has to keep mum in front of her husband.

Finally, where Riddhima is destined to be she is there. Riddhima is getting married to Armaan where a girl's life is when she is living in place where they practice child marriage. It doesn't matter what the age of the male is, the girl just has to get married.

Add me as your buddy if you want PMs.
KaJen-amaZayn thumbnail
Hi :) great start! I like the concept.. please continue soon and also pm me :)

LotsOfLove, Nayab <3
SmokeyLight thumbnail

Originally posted by: KaJen-amaZayn

Hi :) great start! I like the concept.. please continue soon and also pm me :)

LotsOfLove, Nayab <3

Thank you so much Nayab! I will surely continue soon and will definitely PM you :)
Maria151994 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
nice concept coninue soon dear:)
amd ad me in your pm list
love you
maria:)
SmokeyLight thumbnail

Originally posted by: XxDeansChickxX

nice concept coninue soon dear:)
amd ad me in your pm list
love you
maria:)

Thanks! Just send me a buddy request and you'll get PMs :)
Priya46 thumbnail
ok nice concept but child marriage is cruel
SmokeyLight thumbnail

Originally posted by: Priya46

ok nice concept but child marriage is cruel

Thanks! Yes, I know it is. It's really sad that this does happen and I just thought to share it with everyone.
SmokeyLight thumbnail
Chapter 2

Riddhima is sitting in the middle of the room dressed in a green, plain lehenga choli while mehndi is being applied to her hands and feet. She was present physically, but mentally her mind is still on the question on how Armaan had agreed to marry her. When she had literally begged him to marry her, he didn't. What changed his mind? The feel of not getting her answer is making her feel frustrated. Riddhima looks around to see all the girls and ladies covering their faces because of the men in the house. This soon is going to be her life too. Spending her life with Armaan, made her heart beat faster. Riddhima didn't know how Armaan will behave with her or will he even take her as his wife or not. What if he tried to force her. She gasps at the thought of that and feels her throat become dry. Riddhima gulps and looks around. She felt restless and scared about her new upcoming life with Armaan.

She sat at the mandap next to Armaan with her face covered with a veil. Step by step and minute by minute Armaan and Riddhima were becoming man and wife. Armaan and Riddhima take the seven round circles around the fire. Armaan is handed the black thread with a golden and white pendant on it; ties it around Riddhima's neck. He did all this with an uninterested expression. Soon, Armaan applies the red sindoor in Riddhima's maang, finally making Riddhima his wife. Riddhima's veil had been lifted for Armaan to put the sindoor, so her eyes went up to Armaan's face, looking at him with a bit of fear and confused eyes. Armaan just stares at her face for a couple of seconds then looks away and Riddhima's veil has been dropped down in front of her face again.

Riddhima sits on the bed waiting for Armaan to come. Her mind is lost when Armaan enters the room and she comes out of her thoughts when she hears the door shut. Armaan picks up his bag which he was packing his clothes and continues to pack. Riddhima looks at him confusedly and contemplates whether to ask him  or not. She knows that he is not happy with this marriage, but they had to compromise now. They are stuck in a tie that is forever. Armaan has to face her, but she didn't know what is coming her way.

Riddhima stands up and slowly walks to Armaan. Her jewelry made noise as she took those steps. She didn't know how to start, but knows she is the one who has to. Riddhima has other questions to ask him too and now is the only time.

"Aap...kahin jaa rahe hai?" Riddhima asks, slowly.

"Hm," Armaan said, plainly.

"Kahan...jaa rahe hai?"

"Shehr." Riddhima looks at him. The city! Riddhima knows about his dreams and now she felt her world has crashed on hearing him say that.

"L...lekin h...humari shaadi..." She was speechless and tears are brimming her eyes.

"Maine Papa se kaha tha ke main sirf tumse shaadi issi liye karoga agar main shaadi ke baad shehr jaa sakta hoon. Ab humari shaadi ho gayi hai toh main ab jaa raha hoon." Armaan said, looking straight in her eyes.

Riddhima lets out a deep breath and feels her leg shake a bit. He wasn't lying or playing a game with her. Armaan's eyes yelled hatred for her and Riddhima could see it clearly in his gray-blue eyes.

"W...wa...wapis kab aaye ge?" She asks with difficulty.

"Pata nai...shayad kabhi nai." Riddhima feels her legs lose their energy and she falls to the ground. Armaan just stares at her then turns his back on her. The tears that were in her eyes finally did their job and fell.

Riddhima has also got her answer as to why Armaan married her. To know that the only way he could go to the city was by marrying her, made her feel used and betrayed. Riddhima stares at his back as he continues to pack. Knowing that he may never come back made her feel like she was useless. When her parent's find out that Armaan has left her then how will they react. Riddhima starts breathing heavily due to crying. Riddhima hears the door close and knows that she is alone in the room...and in life. Riddhima covers her face and cries loudly. She didn't care anymore. Pulling her hands back, she looks at her mehndi which was light colored. Many people say that if your mehndi is dark then your husband loves you very much, but for Riddhima it's the opposite. Her mehndi is light and her husband hates her.

The sun pierces through the tiny window and hits Riddhima's face. Riddhima wakes up to see herself sleeping on the floor from where she was last night. Her head was heavy because of all the crying she did. Armaan came to her mind. She runs out of the room still dressed in her bridal clothes and jewelry. Once she reaches downstairs, she finds Balwinder seated on the couch and Ananya in the kitchen. The house is still decorated with the flowers and lights, but the guests were gone. She looks at Balwinder and by the look on his face, she knew he was gone. Armaan has left her and that too maybe forever. Riddhima falls to the ground and cries. Balwinder rushes to her side and takes her into his embrace. Ananya comes out to see Riddhima crying hysterically and knows what happened. Ananya helps Riddhima up and takes her upstairs to get her freshened up.

Riddhima sat still on the bed while Ananya went get Riddhima some new clothes for her to wear.  Ananya brings her a red and golden lehenga choli for her to wear but Riddhima just stares at it. Ananya puts her hand on Riddhima's head and Riddhima just stares at the clothes.

"Woh kabhi wapis nai aaye ge," Riddhima whispers. Her eyes getting numb again.

"Armaan, zaroor aaye ga beta. Dekh na, jab Armaan se kuch nai hoga na toh woh wapis aaye ga...tumhare paas," Ananya consoles her.

"Woh mujhse nafrat karte hai," Riddhima didn't care towards the words that Ananya said to make her feel better.

"Armaan tumse nafrat nai karta." Riddhima looks at Ananya.

"Aap jhoot bol rahi hai." With that, Riddhima gets up and walks towards her room which is supposed to be her and Armaan's room. She closes the door and gets dressed. If she can't be a wife to Armaan then she at least be the perfect daughter-in-law to Balwinder and Ananya

Riddhima walks downstairs dressed in the lehenga choli that her mother-in-law gave with the dupatta on her head. Her eyes were lowered as she couldn't bring them to look up and they were bloodshot red because of all the crying she did yesterday and today morning.

"Mujhe yeh...baat...Mama...Papa ko batani padegi," Riddhima says, taking deep breaths in between. Balwinder and Ananya looks at Riddhima when they hear her weak voice. "Mujhe unko batana hai ke woh (Armaan) mujhe chod kar chale gaye."

"Riddhima - " Balwinder starts.

"Unn ko ek na ek din toh pata chal jayega aur isse pehle unn ko khud pata chal jaye...main unn ko batana chahthi hoon." Ananya looks at Balwinder, waiting for his answers. Riddhima's eyes stayed on the floor.

"Theek hai. Lekin tumhe pehle nashta karna padega," Balwinder negotiates. He knows that she won't eat after all that has happened to her.

"Mujhe...bhook nai hai." Balwinder gestures Ananya to make Riddhima.

"Thoda sa toh khalo Riddhima," said Ananya, walking to her. Ananya makes Riddhima sit down and Ananya serves her, but Riddhima stands up. Ananya looks at her questioningly.

"Main ek achi biwi toh nai ban payi lekin main vaada karti hoon ke main ek achi si bahu banogi." Ananya can feel her eyes sting. She is only ten and has gone through so much less than twenty-four hours of her marriage. No man has left their wife like Armaan has because they hadn't seen big dreams like Armaan had. Balwinder walks away, completely disappointed in Armaan.

"Riddhima, hum jaante hai ke tum ek achi bahu banogi. Tumhe hume batani ki zaroorat nai hai. Lekin please agar tum hume khush karna chahthi ho toh khana kha lo." Riddhima looks at Ananya and nods slightly. She sits back down and serves herself this time.

Riddhima notices that Balwinder's plate has some food left on it and he left it when she had come. After that, he had walked away. Riddhima didn't like that her father-in-law left half of his food. Ananya is in the kitchen doing some cleaning. Riddhima walks in the kitchen with Balwinder's plate.

"Papa ji ne apna khana nai khatam kiya," Riddhima said in a low voice. Ananya turns around at Riddhima's voice. "Kya main unn ko de ke aa sakti hoon. Maine apna kha liya hai." Ananya smiles and puts her hand on Riddhima's head.

"Tumhe puch ne ki zaroorat nai hai ab woh bhi tumhare Papa hai aur main tumhari Ma toh tum humse bhe jijhaq baat kar sakti ho." Riddhima nods then walks out of the kitchen. She makes a mental note to herself to start doing the house chores like a wife should.

Riddhima enters the room where Balwinder is sitting on a rocking chair and lost in his thoughts. She walks towards him and puts the plate on the table in front of him. The plate touching the glass made Balwinder look at Riddhima. Riddhima just sat on the floor and looking up at Balwinder with a pout.

"Main aap se bohut naraaz hoon," said Riddhima, looking away. Balwinder becomes confused and doesn't say anything. "Aap ne apna khana nai khatam kiya." Balwinder smiles when he realizes why she is mad. "Jab tak aap apna khana nai khatam karege main aap se baat nai karogi." Riddhima turns her head away. Balwinder shakes his head at Riddhima and starts eating his food. Riddhima smiles and stands up.

"Riddhima," Balwinder calls out to her. Riddhima turns around. "Tumne kha liya?" Riddhima gives him a small smile and nods.

"Arre Balwinder bhai saab, bhabhi ji...aaye na," Shashank said at the door receiving them. Riddhima enters in behind Balwinder and Ananya. She sees her parent's and her eyes start watering.

"Riddhima, kya hua?" Padma asks. Riddhima runs to her mom and embraces her. She cries on her mother's shoulder. Padma looks worriedly at Shashank and Shashank looks at his daughter's in-laws.

"Armaan gaon chod kar shehr chala gaya." Balwinder said it and he felt a burden lifted off his shoulders, but he didn't know the reaction he will get from Shashank and Padma. For a moment there is pin drop silence and only Riddhima's sobs could be heard. "Lekin aap toh Armaan ko jaante hai na? Woh chahtha hai ke sab uss ke hisaab ho lekin kuch aur hota hai. Aap dekhiye ga...thode din main Armaan wapis aa jayega. Humari Riddhima beti ke paas."

"Bina kuch kahe chala gaya?" Shashank asks, looking at Balwinder. Balwinder had purposely left out that he didn't agree to send Armaan to the city unless he married Riddhima. If Balwinder had told Shashank that then he probably would've lost his friendship and his daughter-in-law which he didn't want at all.

Riddhima has her head in her mom's lap and fell asleep as Padma strokes her hair. Padma herself is crying to her daughter in such a state. She just got married yesterday and her husband left her the next day. What she found cruel is that Riddhima is so young. She's hasn't even fully become a woman yet and she is facing all this. Practices that have been going years for child marriage is the worst phase for the girls, especially in the early years.

"Riddhima, humare saath reh sakti hai?" Padma speaks up.

"Yeh kaisi baatein kar rahi ho tum?" Shashank said before anyone else could say anything. Padma looks at Shashank. Riddhima is married girl now, she can't stay with her parent's. Like they had told her, her house is where she is married.

"Nai Mama," Riddhima sits up. She had woken up from her tiny nap a few minutes ago. "Aap ne kaha tha ke ab mere pati ka ghar mera ghar hai. Main vahin rahogi ek achi bahu ban kar. Yehi toh hai ek ladki ki zindagi hai." All of them were in awe at Riddhima's mature nature. Riddhima gets up and stands between Balwinder and Ananya. "Yeh ab mera parivaar hai." Ananya takes Riddhima into a side hug and lets out a sob.

Ananya couldn't believe that Armaan left, and what he left behind, he doesn't know at all. Armaan left a gem behind just to go make his dreams come true. Ananya felt angry towards Armaan when he had left the house without telling anyone, but she is his mother and a mother can't stay mad long at her son whom she gave birth to. On one side she felt that Armaan will become big, but then there is always the other side of a coin where he may not become anything. All she wishes is happiness for Armaan and Riddhima.

I'm guessing not a lot of people are liking this story because I wasn't really happy with the response I had gotten. Maybe it's because I'm new and people have been here for such a long time so maybe that's why I didn't get as much as comments I was expecting to get. If you are reading this, give me a small feedback. That could tell me if I should stay the same or change it up a bit.

-AK- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hey!!!
the story is amazing.please keep writing and i think the plot is perfectly fine and no need to make changes