Each film I do must be different: Amala Paul TOI

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago
Each film I do must be different: Amala Paul

The actress is currently working with Mohanlal in a Malayalam flick titled Run Baby Run

Shiba Kurian

She's been busy with Tamil and Telugu films but has made time for a Malayalam film with Mohanal. Amala Paul chats to CT about him and moreโ€ฆ
Did Mohanlal help in getting you into the skin of the character?
Mohanlal is not keen on giving any advice or instructions. All he did was share a lot of past experiences. That's where I picked up my courage and the fuel to hone my acting skills. It is an honour to have had worked with him. I was surprised to find that he had no pre-calculations while doing his role, because from day one until the shoot is over, he would just live the life of his character.
If you were offered two good scripts, one with Mohanlal and the other with Mammootty, and both the shoots were scheduled at around the same time frame, which one would you choose?
I'm not bothered about my costar. I don't choose my movies foreseeing the cast and crew. I believe it's the duty of the director to choose the hero and heroine for his movie. What my concern would be is my character and the script, nothing else.
Is there anything specific that you look for in a script?
I don't differentiate between commercial and art house cinema. It won't work if I start doing that because if I insist that I want roles like the one in Mynaa, then I might end up sitting at home. However, the only aspect that I am particular about is that each film should be different from the other movies that I do.
Would you say that the Malayalam film industry has not been giving you the right platform or opportunity when compared to the Tamil film industry?
You can never compare the Malayalam film industry with the Tamil film industry. Malayalam is a small industry and it has many limitations such as budget and production work. It is not the same in Tamil, or for that matter in Telugu films too.
What's on the cards for you?
I am working on Samuthrakani's bilingual project Nimirndhu Nil with Jayam Ravi and Nani. I also have a couple of other projects with Ram Charan Teja and Mahesh Babu.

Amala Paul

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SweetyGreen thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Thanks Chal didi for sharing this interview article of Amala Paul..๐Ÿ‘

Yesterday Senior Amala news today Junior Amala news..๐Ÿ˜†