kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

[quote]Umera Ahmed (b. December 10, 1976, Sialkot, Pakistan) and is a Popular fiction Urdu novelist and screenplay writer based in Sialkot, Pakistan who is best known for authoring the book Peer-e-Kamil and the TV serial Meri Zaat Zara-e-Benishan. She has authored 16 books comprising novels, compilations of short stories, and plays. Her novels explore societal problems particularly the role of women in the society. Her novels mostly contain South Asian cultural issues (primarily focusing on Pakistani societal issues).[/quote]

Previous FCs:
Edited by kabeeraspeaking - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Ooh thanks Fatty! So nice of you 😆

Waise I'm a bit na-ahel in this department but you are this brilliant sig maker...the best on IF I believe...and you start this thread without even posting a banner/title sig/whatever it is that you use in the first post. Bohat na insafi hai.
Loook what I found!!!   

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ntyS-8RXEE&feature=plcp [/YOUTUBE]
farahs_6 thumbnail
Mash...needless to say, tht amongst all the options, tht u have put for Sherdil, I want him to choose first option, but NOT the third one atleast.. Sec one would still have some dignnity, but not third one.. If he thinks tht he cant live without meeting Aks, or she is too imp for him, then be honest abt it, and sacrifice his marriage then with sherbano..but third one will be the most ghatya one, it will be very very ethically and morally wrong, to pacify sherbano on one hand, and cotinue to secretly meet aks..it would mean tht hes cheating on her..kiun ke chup kar wohi kaam kiya jata hai jo ghalat ho...even Aks has said th we should not meet now...

U know what basic problem I have with Aks and Sherdil's relationship?  Yes they do have friendhsip, but in EVERY scene, Sherdil says one or two lines,which I feel are not appropraite.. Maybe I wouldnt have had much of a prob, if he behaved truly as a friend only with her now...but in every scene, he behaves with her, more than as a friend...Like in this epi also, as I had pointed, he says ke tumharey liye mujh se na mil kar kabhi prob nahi hui, mujhe hamesha hoti rahi hai? And he is saying this at a time, when his marital life is going through a tough phase, and should be thinking abt solving tht, wo Aks se ye dialogue bol raha hai ke jaisay Aks se nahi miley ga tu pata nahi kia hoga? U dont behave like this with your friends only...It is things like these which irritate me... Not only this, but also in every other scene, he makes it very obvious to Aks still, tht she is more than a friend to him still, which he shouldnt.. He cares for her, feels for her, he cant help it,  but he shouldnt be open with Aks abt his feelings atleast now, tht he is married...He should keep his feelings for Aks, with himself only... Who says the type of things, tht Sherdil still says to Aks, to friends only?In every'scene, he used to ask her ke tum en mujh se shadi nahi ki, aur bhi bhtt si baatein hain, jo mujhs is waqt yaad nahi aarahein, but Sherdil's one or two lines with Aks, in every scene puts me off...Had he behaved in a manner, with Aks, as u do with friends only, I wouldnt have had much problem.. And the type of things he says to Aks, constantly reminding her of his feelings for her, still, intentionally or unintentionally, I think, its very unfair to a wife, whom he also claims to love..

U know maybe its just only me, but I wont tolerate my husband saying such things to another woman at all.. No way... I dont have such big heart...He can have frienship with some girl, but should be honest abt it with me, and most importantly theres a limit in every friendship... No way he should behave like Sherdil does with Aks  or say similar things to some other woman... I can be very very compromising in other things in my marital life but not these things... I am very clear abt it.. U can call me crazy, over possessive, or stubborn, but thts how it is... I have no problems at all in living in a joint family system, kuch in laws bhi ajeeb se hotay hain, but I can tolerate or ignore, or compromise, with them any day any time asaani se, it wont be much of an issue for me at all, I can do all what durre shehwar went though and did, but my husband has to be completely mine, then i can go through any worse situation...whether its related to in laws, or any other thing..butI donot want to be in Sherbano's shoes...

Edited by farahs_6 - 11 years ago
notavailable thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Congratulations people! :)
@Make-believe: Yes! The DVD rip of DeS is out!
incandescence thumbnail
Farah...I completely understand your point of view regarding this. If you put yourself in Shehr Bano's shoes, most woman would think like that only. And there's absolutely nothing wrong in expecting exclusivity, undivided love and attention, from one's husband. But this is a story that I'm viewing either from a neutral perspective or sometimes from every character's perspective. I can understand Sherdil's dilemma...his feelings for both of them...and it doesn't trouble me. This triangle is written in such a way that I have easily accepted him being in love with two women.

Khair apna apna sochne ka tareeka hai yaar...hum donon apne tareeke se iss baat ko soch rahein hain...chalo dekhtein hain...akhir hota kya hai asal mein.

Originally posted by: incandescence

Ooh thanks Fatty! So nice of you 😆

Waise I'm a bit na-ahel in this department but you are this brilliant sig maker...the best on IF I believe...and you start this thread without even posting a banner/title sig/whatever it is that you use in the first post. Bohat na insafi hai.

Our first page has now been beautified!

Originally posted by: incandescence

Farah...I completely understand your point of view regarding this. If you put yourself in Shehr Bano's shoes, most woman would think like that only. And there's absolutely nothing wrong in expecting exclusivity, undivided love and attention, from one's husband. But this is a story that I'm viewing either from a neutral perspective or sometimes from every character's perspective. I can understand Sherdil's dilemma...his feelings for both of them...and it doesn't trouble me. This triangle is written in such a way that I have easily accepted him being in love with two women. 

The makes it occur to me actually, the word triangle...that I can't remember the last time I actually read a good, believable triangle like this that makes one (at least me) sympathize and understand every character involved...in fact, I can't recall any, so maybe this is the best one I've ever read...
sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Congrats on the new FC. Fatty, the first post looks so elegant! :-)

incandescence thumbnail
Now this is more like it! Zabardast Fattyyy! Kaisa genius dimaaag hai tumhara...lovee the first post...subtle and yet sooo awesome. God job, yaar!
nimrah thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hayeee! The first page looks beeeautiful, Fatima! 😍