Cytherea thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Hey All
So I started writing this OS a while ago but got lazy and kind of left it off for a bit. I was actually still am pissed at the way Aakash has been treating Payal and this is a result of that anger.
I'd like to dedicate this OS to Ridz for constantly nagging me to complete it and all my Angels- Marii, Nami, Rissy, Rafa and everyone whose name I haven't mentioned

Are oh phatti sari! What are you doing outside Anjali bitiya's door? Haven't you and khoon bhari tang done enough already? Yelled mami at a startled Khushi who was standing outside Anjali's door.

I wasn't going to go inside mamiji! I was waiting for jiji to come out so that we could leave for buaji's house. Khushi replied. Payal heard raised voices and rushed outside to see Mami lashing out at Khushi yet once again. She was so tired of her mother in laws constant accusations! She moved forward to intervene when Mami shot back.

Shaat up you phatti sari! You and that khoon bhari tang have completely disrupted the peace of this household! Because of you, my Anjali bitiya is like a living corpse. You Gupta sisters are nothing but a nuisance for us. Mami's raised voice brought nani, Anjali and Aakash running outside.

Mami! Say what you want to about me but don't say a word against my sister! Khushi stated firmly.

I will say whatever I want to say! Ever since you sisters have entered this household there has been nothing but problems and misfortunes. First my Arnav bitwa goes missing and then damadji betrays my Anjali bitiya. In fact, I'm sure you were the one who enticed damadji into leaving Anjali. God knows what kind of upbringing you sisters have. Is this what your parents have taught you? How to trap rich men?

Bas Maaji! Payal shouted! Not another word! You've said enough!

Jiji! Please let's just go from here! said Khushi, fearing that this would turn ugly.

Nahi Khushi! I've been silent this entire time! I have always ignored all of Maaji's taunts thinking that one day, she would accept me as her bahu! Hoping that I would make a place in her heart but I was clearly delusional! Ever since my wedding, not one day has passed without her taunting either me or you, finding fault in our work or passing snide remarks.

She turned back at Manorama and addressed her directly. I don't care what you say to me but I won't hear a word against my parents! Do you understand? Don't you dare question me about their upbringing.

Payal! Aakash yelled out. How dare you speak to my mother like that?

And what about the way she has been talking to me this entire time Aakash. Have you ever paid enough attention to hear some of the atrocious things she says to me, huh? Aakash turned red and looked at the floor in embarrassment. Payal stood there staring at him, waiting for him to say something, anything.

That's just what I expected to hear from you Aakash- nothing. I have never heard you speak up to defend  your wife. Not when Maaji was accusing me nor when Bubbli did the same. for God's sake I had to compete for your attention against an 8 year old. How ridiculous is that?

Mami grabbed Payal's arm and turned her around to face her. How darez you, you khoon bhari tang! My son marries a nobody like you, we accept a middle class girl like you into our family and this is what you do? Payal glared at Mami fiercely.

Class and status! From the day I stepped into this house that's all I've ever heard! You keep bringing up the fact that you accepted a girl from a middle class family with no status whatsoever but from what I hear Maaji, isn't that what dadiji did as well? Accept a middle class nobody like you as her bahu? she asked sweetly.

PAYAL! Aakash screamed and raised his hand to strike her.

Go ahead Aakash! Hit me! Hurts doesn't it, when someone takes pot shots at your family. How is what I just said any different from what your mother has been saying to me all this time? You stand there like a statue and listen to all that she has to say about my family and the minute I turn the tables, you leap to her defense.

I stayed silent all this time so that you wouldn't be put in the awkward situation of choosing between me and your mother but clearly I never did stand a chance did I Aakash? When it comes to me and your mother, you will always pick her won't you? she questioned him.

Aakash looked at her in askance. Everything that Payal had just said ate away at him. It was true that he had never attempted to stop his mother from picking on his wife. He had turned a deaf ear to all her taunts hoping that she would grow to love Payal with the passage of time but what he had really done was just aggravate the situation. He looked at Payal apologetically and took a step in her direction.

Well let me make it easy for you Aakash. You will no longer have to worry about choosing between me and your mother because I am leaving!

I've had enough! Any other girl in my place would have left long ago. I foolishly though that I could work through this but I was soo wrong. I tried my best to not let her words get to me, but her words have a way of hurting people! No matter how hard I tried not to let them affect me, they would prick at my heart. I just can't do this anymore, she said brokenly.

Mami looked at the broken expression on Payal's face and was hit by remorse. To think that a her carelessly spoken words had driven her usually calm daughter in law to such a state pricked at her conscience. Hadn't she faced the same reaction from all the other women of society when Manohar had first married her? She remembered crying herself to sleep every night after her first encounter with the crme of the society. But she had always had her saas to give her support. She had just done to her daughter in law what those vicious women had done to her.  

No Payal wait! Aakash pleaded.

Payal ignored him and turned back to face Mami and folded her hands in apology, I apologize for all that I just said Maaji. My parents raised me to respect my elder and I have always done that. Please forgive my insolence right now. I hope you get the daughter in law that you always wanted for your son.

I was concerned about how Khushi would cope without me but I know that Arnav bhai will always be there for her, the way I had once hoped the Aakash would be there for me. That said, Payal bent down to take nani's blessing and walked out the door, Khushi right behind her, while the Raizadas watched them leave helplessly. 

Edited by shiv-gauri4eva - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

res
aaw yes!
Finally payal speaks up in an os!
I loved it all.
Its very much needed
i like how payal just said everything without looking back
it'll show akaash a thing or two
Edited by -Chinnu- - 11 years ago
velangini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
oh wow awesome os
payal needs to stand up to akash and mami
loved it
udaymanyata07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
๐Ÿ‘thnaks.awesome...loved it...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
rukuswasthika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesome.kaash payal speaks like that in the show  too
Bunny_Bear thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome OS. Payal really need to speak up and I really liked her dialogues. Really well written. FABULOUS.
fffan123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Loved the OS. Wish something like this happened in the show.
summaiyasayed thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
nice updt.please continue with second part
OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
can this happen in the serial i shall party then
amazing OS

Syca thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail