Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atria thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Don't think the forum went berserk, only one topic that I can remember offhand.😕
Hillylove thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
If my memory serves me right, Gulabiya was normally the first to resign to Sardhakai in the past where Sugni was concerned. It is Sugni's determination to let her see the light, why she suddenly started supporting Sugni.  Also, Vikram made Sugni feel bad when she almost gave in to her 'fate.'  So no matter how wrong Vikram is, he never wanted Sugni to live the life of a Bedni, and he never looked down on Bednis.  
I know that is why Vikram is hell bent on not telling the truth because he does not want Sugni to see her fate as a Bedni.  Of course with the fact that he does not want to lose her.  Lying is wrong, but I am not in Vikram's situation.  It did not help matters when Sugni said she would kill herself if he was wrong. 

I was very disappointed at Gulabiya statement and yes I voiced it very clearly, because she of all persons should not even say that those words, no matter what point she was trying to make. That is an insult to even mention that on behalf of Sugni.  She could have voiced her anger in every other way, but not mention selling her daughter, no matter what point she was trying to make.  
Her delivery in how she handles Vikram was not very mature.  She escalated the situation. You cant fight fire with fire, especially where your child is concerned.  
As I have mentioned more than once, not one of those Thakurs who treated the Bednis like nothing, ever started out nice to them and help their family.  They did the whole marriage thing, just to put perfume on what they were really doing, but at the end of the day, these women meant nothing to them.  Plus they were paid for their services per night. 

Vikram started out just being nice to Sugni and her family, I am sure he did even know why he felt so drawn to help them initially.  He never ever wanted to see Sugni do the Rai dance,even at Adi and Amrita's engagement, and she tried to convince him that she was doing it for him, and he still did not agree. 
If Gulabiya really wanted to help, she could have taken the time out to hear Vikram out, right away she said he was lying about recently knowing about his wife.  As a parent, one must think about the greater good for their child, deciding who your child should be with, does not necessarily mean you are doing it in their best interest, whether you realise or not.  Children have to make their own choices, whether we like it or not.  She said her piece many times, Sugni did not hear, all she had to do was have faith and calmly figure out how to solve the situation.  
 Sugni is a sensible girl, and Vikram may not have the right method, but they both feel they are in love, and Gulabiya need to take more time out to realise that and act sensibly in this situation. Ranting and raving and using words like selling her daughter to make her point, will not solve anything, only distance Sugni more, and frustrate Vikram into keeping the lie. So, whether or not Gulabiya is a Mother and we are trying to see her point of view, for me the fact still remains her methods are not wise. 

Just my two cents, not meant to offend anyone. 

rickks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: -Nakshatra-

Though Gulabiya was right in her motives she was not explicable in how she handled the whole truth. Her antics and how she went about it was totally wrong. She didn't act maturely she barged into Vikram's house who indeed helped Sugni and her family in various occasions. Taken into consideration that Vikram did lie she never took time to reason or even let him give his reasons. Vikram is definitely faulted but he did deserve to be treated better because he never degraded her or her family like the rest of the Thakurs. The same women who is questioning Vikram today was silently enduring Jwala Thakur treatment. 

I beg to differ just because Vikram Takur did not treat Sugni and Gulabiya like the rest of the Takur's does not give him the edge to go about lying to the Girl he claims he loves. Gulabiya want's Sugni to know the truth about Vikram because she knows Vikram will never bring it out, so whatever means she is getting she is using...Its not a situation where one needs to first think and then act...Because she knows if it becomes late there will be nothing she can do
-Nakshatra- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
^^ Nah I didn't give him a leeway to lie that's wrong in all levels. Whatever be the reason he shouldn't have lied in first place but I understand why he lies. He probably is worried about losing her which will be the case later. Lying doesn't help it worsens the situation he should have known that. About Gulabiya, she was unreasonably doubtful from the beginning may be because of her insecurities. She couldn't believe that a Thakur will marry a Bedni. She was constantly trying to prove that to Sugni and when Vikram's past came before her she is using it prove to herself and others that Vikram is one among the Thakurs who use them. 

Saviosaraff thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lovely post hillydee.  No one agrees that TVS is right but as you said we are not in his shoes.  His lies are eating into him and day by day it is becoming more difficult for him to come clean with Sugni and this is obvious to G too.  As a mother myself  if it is my daughters happiness then i would have definitley given TVS a hearing.  He had every right to give his side of the story.  Just think if at the end it comes out that Reva was a fake or TJS was behind all this or there is a valid reason for his wanting to bring it out at the right time then what?  Will G be able to face Sugni when she was so adamant to break them off?  Wouldn't a normal girl turn round and tell her mother i pleaded with you Mom to trust him for my sake atleast.  As a mother G trying to find out the truth is all perfect but here her methods of trying to do so are at debate.
Hillylove thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Saviosaraff,
Lovely post also.  You are so right, how would she face Sugni, if the tables turn and Vikram comes with valid reasons for not telling the truth right away (which I believe it is his reason) Anything is possible.
I have also no problem with her finding out the truth, but her methods does not make any sense.   I really believe her terrible experience with TJS and her observations of Bedni life, is the motivating factor for her irrational behaviour, besides the obvious. 
Is like if you were a victim of something, it is not always easy to see anyone go through something that you perceive is similar. worse your own child. I am totally understanding of that, but there is a limit, Gulabiya has none. 
I don't have anything against her, I know she loves her daughter, but her methods are not helping. 

rickks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: -Nakshatra-

^^ Nah I didn't give him a leeway to lie that's wrong in all levels. Whatever be the reason he shouldn't have lied in first place but I understand why he lies. He probably is worried about losing her which will be the case later. Lying doesn't help it worsens the situation he should have known that. About Gulabiya, she was unreasonably doubtful from the beginning may be because of her insecurities. She couldn't believe that a Thakur will marry a Bedni. She was constantly trying to prove that to Sugni and when Vikram's past came before her she is using it prove to herself and others that Vikram is one among the Thakurs who use them. 

I agree with the first part of your statement about Lies...But not Gulabiya's part...She always did everything in the best interest of her daughter...Not to prove that Takurs always considered Bedini as nothing but Bedini's...And in her quest if his truth actual truth comes out will she not use it? And why should she actually use it...She is simple trying to state and bring out the truth infront of all especially Sugni
-Nakshatra- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I don't have a problem with her finding the truth its the methods I am concerned about. I also believe her Insecurities were due to her bitter experience. She is prejudiced in her views about Thakur's that plays a major role in how she reacted to Vikram's lie. She immediately jumped into a conclusion that her daughter is being betrayed in Love. I doubt it! Vikram is genuine in his love. He might lie about his wife but he always wished Sugni better. He didn't want her to do Rai at any point of time and I don't believe that he had nasty intentions about Sugni. He lied and possibly has a better reason for it. I don't deny that Sugni will be the one to face the brunt but that's how you learn. Gulabiya can't face Sugni's battles.
survi035 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey Rickks, 

You really are a savior. IN MY P.O.V i feel its crazy to defend TVS at this point. From where I am watching the show, Adi and Sugni's mother are the heros in the situation. 

The reason why Gulabiya is not wanting TVS to marry Sugni is because she is well aware of Sugni's personality and knows her well enough to know that Sugni might hurt herself if she finds out the truth.

There was an episode aired last week where Sugni actually tells TVS that she will kill herself if she is deceived by him or if what her mother said was truee. So if we think about it Sugni's mother is actually trying to save her daughter from all the misery and devastation she may go through if she ever found out the truth. 

The only justifications I can come with for the opposing party are the following points:
1) Sugni should stay with TVS and even if she gets to know the truth she should just learn to deal with it and stay with him.

2) Reva should die and Sugni shouldnt ever find out the truth about her own husband's ex wife.

3) Sugni should marry TVS no matter what, if she gets to know the truth later on (after marriage), we will see when the time comes and if she ends up hurting herself or experience a break down then oh well at least she married TVS who loves her dearly.

None of these points really convince me of why Sugni should stay with TVS. Rather these very points make me hope that Adi and Gulabiya are able to save her. 
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Gulabiya's words to Aditya--that till date no Thakur has given any Bedni anything but money.  

That shows right there how (and maybe the writers) forgot all that Vikram had done for Sugni. No, he didn't just help her with money.  I just listed one example on the last page.  He also spoke up for the family at the Panchayat. 

Vikram more than once acted as s source of encouragement for Sugni.

And still Gulabiya said those words.  At that time there was no Reva Manzil.  Yes, she had every right to be worried about his family, whether he would accept her, if he was just playing her. That's all being a mother.

But when she says that, she is no doubt consciously including Vikram and thinking of his more recent help, which was more material help.