What was so special about SONALI BENDRE?!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: 11 years ago
I have seen some people praise SONALI BENDRE on this forum.  😆 But, I wonder why she gets so much appreciation. Her career was nothing pathbreaking. In fact, she was one of the weakest 90's heroines and actresses like Madhuri, Manisha, Raveena, Juhi, etc. were the league that noone could beat.  I find SONALI a tad better than MAMTA Kalkurni, but that is not saying much.  She may have come with all the KHANS, but are her roles remembered?  Her only decent film was probably HSSH and that is a multi-starrer.  Good thing she retired when she did.  Her last good role came in a Marathi film called Anaahat.  I think she got an award for that.  What was so special about SONALI BENDRE?  Please share your thoughts.   😉

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

justt an okay actress nothing much, but she wasn't annoying offscreen as today's actresses, that's a big plus for her
-GayabCat- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
She coming back in once upon a time sequel
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
sonali was pretty but she seemed weak in dancing and acting.

In the 90's I was a huge fan of Madhuri and Kajol

For some reason, I never liked Raveena. She was good but never was a fan of hers
.Alluring. thumbnail
Shonali was pretty only 
nishu786 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Shonali was really beautiful...liked her in "Hum Saath Saath Hain" & in "Sarfarosh" too...

Her song "Jo haal dil ka" from "Sarfarosh" was my fav once...she was drop dead gorgeous in that song.
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
isn't it Sonali? lol

she was a nice, simple actress. Not too loud, but yeah, she didn't get earthshattering roles
I think what worked with her well was she was easy on the eyes.. by that  don't mean hot or sexy or whatever, just pleasant.. some sort of a universal face
MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
nothing i dont even remember any of her films but hum saath saath hain 

she looks like Sonam a bit to me 
Edited by MissIffiy - 11 years ago
MaSqUeRaDe thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Sonali is BEAUTIFUL 😍. She always looked so poised and graceful onscreen.She had decent acting skills too and could actually dance(Compare her to todays Kat,Sonam,Asin and u will understand) .But I think her potential was never properly utilised.Yeah there was Madhuri,Juhi,Manisha ruling the 90s and unfortunately Sonali didnt get much attention.I loved her  in HSSH,Dupicate,Zakhm,Sarfarosh and many more movies.She has an endearing offscreen personality and never annoys you.Elegance personified in short 😳
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
She was very pretty and did some nice movies