Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Sachin- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

It's frustrating; I don't know whether I am in or out of the show

TV actress Mitali Nag talks about the anxiety she is going through ever since rumours of her getting replaced started doing the rounds

Roshni K Olivera 

The protagonist of the TV show Afsar Bitiya, according to reports, is going to be replaced, owing to low Television Rating Points (TRPs). But the actress has no clue about this. She admits that she is aware of the rumours, but is surprised that nobody from the production house or channel has said anything to her yet. Excerpts from the interview 
Everyone's talking about Afsar Bitiya getting a new face soon. 
I have no idea because no one has told me anything. I have tried asking people, but haven't got any concrete answer from them. 
It must be frustrating to not know whether you are going to be in or out? 
Yes, it's frustrating. I have been giving my 200% to this show. I've shot even on days when I've had viral fever. My producer, Rakesh Paswan hasn't said anything to me. In fact, he has not been keeping well and so I didn't want to bother him about this. There was an article online that said Parul Chauhan is going to replace me, when the fact is that Parul has not even been approached. I really would like to know whether I'm going to continue the show or not. Of course, I am hoping for the best and want to be part of this show that has got me so much love and appreciation. 
What about the low TRPs of the show? 
For a 7pm show, the TRPs I think were quite fine. Some time ago, the storyline changed a bit and there was a track with some domestic drama which we felt the audiences didn't quite like. But that's changing and I'm sure we will get our viewers back. 
In the last few days, have you felt at any point that you shouldn't have taken up this profession? 
No, I'm a very positive person and I would like to look at the brighter side. Wherever I go, I have people telling me that they like my performance and that makes me happy. Besides, why should I be disillusioned? Even now, I'm hoping for the best for myself and my show.
Perhaps Mitali was told to give any info out
because on SBS segment Krishna gets shot & they also show Parul
so then something surely is going to go in the favour of Parul
Jade0001 thumbnail
Thanks for sharing
Mitali mentions she has no concrete answers from producers