The lady in the bathroom - Jayant's wife from UK?

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
The lady in the bathroom who was accusing Bhabo of making a mess can speak Hindi.
So, as Sandhya said, she obviously has some connection to India herself. And we have now seen her little child (the one who actually made the mess in the bathroom and came to apologise for it), who looks Indian. The kid's father is probably an Indian man, then. And we know that the lady has a problem with India.

This all points to this lady in the bathroom being Mathie, the WTC competitor from the UK who is married to Jayant, the man who lent his laptop and data card to Sandhya in the internet shop in Pushkar so that she could register Sooraj for the WTC. We know from articles and from what Jayant told Sandhya and Sooraj that he doesn't get to India often and misses the place, so if his wife doesn't like India then it sounds like this could be the woman.

So I think this lady is Mathie, even though she totally doesn't sound British when she spoke English! 😊 (We can overlook that - not everyone who lives in a certain place speaks exactly the same way as everyone else there - and who knows, just because she lives in the UK doesn't mean that she is actually from there in the first place or has lived her whole life there and thus speaks with the local accent.)

Looks like we will soon see Jayant again as well, and maybe during the Singapore trip we will see Mathie's opinion of India change for the better.

A pretty good way to introduce a character that we know will be coming in anyway. 
What do you guys think?

EDIT: And it turned out that this lady was Mathie after all!
Edited by A-A-S - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pjarpi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
yes...u may be right...she will give competition to Suraj as she too was a very good cook ...jayant did tell that too...
b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

May be...we will wait and watch.

HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
ya...she could be his wife, and Suraj's competitor later on 😉 
farhana874 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I am waiting for today's epi to see how BhaSan will shower bhasan on her! Poor lady!😆
But I hope she doesn't appear as a judge!🤔
Jayan't wife seems a better idea!
Sugarush thumbnail
Good guess A.A.S I really hope you are right cos I certainly don't want her to be a judge but then I think to myself she can't be as she was giving a big lecture on Indians so she can't be married to Jayant cos he is an Indian too
SAIBALROUTH thumbnail
Quite a good guess A-A-S.

It is quite possible, though I quite fail to understand, how a woman who dislike Indians could be married to jayant who himself is Indian.

@Sejal Di : I agree with Ur POV fully.

There are other possibilities as well. Let's see what happens.
vish.naren thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
wow! nice guess,...! 👏

yeah very true, and the kid was also looking kinda Indian-ish!! 
DEBOLINA96 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Yes..i also think that the foreign lady would be Jayant Shirke's wife..Sure..let's se!!!
A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Seyaani_Billee

Good guess A.A.S I really hope you are right cos I certainly don't want her to be a judge but then I think to myself she can't be as she was giving a big lecture on Indians so she can't be married to Jayant cos he is an Indian too

Originally posted by: SAIBALROUTH

Quite a good guess A-A-S.

It is quite possible, though I quite fail to understand, how a woman who dislike Indians could be married to jayant who himself is Indian.

@Sejal Di : I agree with Ur POV fully.

There are other possibilities as well. Let's see what happens. 

Hi guys,
I first thought that she could be Jayant's wife when she started speaking Hindi, because that to me signified that she had enough of a reason/connection to/influence of someone Indian in her life to learn the language. And then when her child appeared it sort of cemented this thought in my head.

The point that you both raised is certainly a good and valid one. We know that Jayant and family live in the UK and that Jayant himself misses India a lot as he doesn't visit often for his wife's happiness. It is possible that he and his wife did live in India for a bit and maybe she even liked the place at some point (and certainly liked him enough to marry him!) but then perhaps living there just became too much for her because she just wasn't used to and able to adjust to living in India, or maybe she had a bad experience with some people there, So from then on she has a generally negative view of India and Indians. That doesn't mean that she automatically hates every single Indian person (like her husband) but she does have a tendency to generalise in a negative way when she comes across someone like Bhabo who she thinks is in the wrong. Just my two cents on the matter of how I think this could be a possibility...

Anyway, let's wait and watch to see how the bathroom situation progresses, and to find out if she really is Jayant's wife and Sooraj's British rival, or just a passing character...