Importance of RAMADAN-

iluvarshi15 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Assalam -o- Alaikum. Muslim brothers and sisters 😊

Ramadan is Nearly Here so thought to post something ...

WHAT IS RAMADAN?

During the blessed month of Ramadan, Muslims all over the world abstain from food, drink, and other physical needs during the daylight hours. As a time to purify the soul, refocus attention on God, and practice self-sacrifice, Ramadan is much more than just not eating and drinking.

Muslims are called upon to use this month to re-evaluate their lives in light of Islamic guidance. We are to make peace with those who have wronged us, strengthen ties with family and friends, do away with bad habits -- essentially to clean up our lives, our thoughts, and our feelings. The Arabic word for "fasting" (sawm) literally means "to refrain" - and it means not only refraining from food and drink, but from evil actions, thoughts, and words.

During Ramadan, every part of the body must be restrained. The tongue must be restrained from backbiting and gossip. The eyes must restrain themselves from looking at unlawful things. The hand must not touch or take anything that does not belong to it. The ears must refrain from listening to idle talk or obscene words. The feet must refrain from going to sinful places. In such a way, every part of the body observes the fast.

Therefore, fasting is not merely physical, but is rather the total commitment of the person's body and soul to the spirit of the fast. Ramadan is a time to practice self-restraint; a time to cleanse the body and soul from impurities and re-focus one's self on the worship of God.

WHY DO PEOPLE EAT DATES DURING RAMADAN?

During the period of Ramadan, when fasting lasts from sunrise to sunset, the body can develop mild health problems such as headaches, low blood sugar, and lethargy. To avoid such problems, one should carefully monitor their eating habits once fasting for the day has ended. Dates are an excellent source of fiber, sugar, magnesium, potassium, and have carbohydrates which will aid the body in maintaining health. The carbohydrates found in dates also make the fruit a slower digesting food, much better than fried or fatty foods which digest fast and leave one hungry for more!

WHAT HAPPENS TO SHAIYTAN (SATAN) ?

During the month of Ramadan shaiytan is Locked up and the gates to heaven are open and the gates to Hell are closed. therefore any bad deed you commit during Ramadan. eg: swearing, stealing, drinking etc.. all these sins you commit are out of Human rights and the whole purpose of Ramadan is to get out of these habits which shaiytan influences you to do.

PRAYERS:

When the month of Ramadan begins, Muslims enter into a period of discipline and worship: fasting during the day, and praying throughout the day and night. During Ramadan, special evening prayers are conducted during which long portions of the Qur'an are recited. These special prayers are known as taraweeh.

The word taraweeh comes from an Arabic word which means to rest and relax. The prayer can be very long (well over an hour), during which one stands upright to read from the Qur'an and performs many cycles of movement (standing, bowing, prostrating, sitting). After each four cycles, one sits for a brief period of rest before continuing -- this is where the name taraweeh ("rest prayer") comes from.

It is recommended that Muslims attend the taraweeh prayers in the mosque (after 'isha, the last evening prayer), to pray in congregation. This is true for both men and women. However, one may also perform the prayers individually at home. These prayers are voluntary, but are strongly recommended and widely practiced.

I hope you each learned something from that: something you might not of known and here are just some extra things:
Every Muslim must Fast once it is fards on them! if they miss it they MUSTmake up for it before the next month of Ramadan. Even over small events you must not miss it ... here is my story
its been Ramadan during my birthday for the past 2-3 years and also this year even during my 10 birthday I still kept a fast I was only little but I knew nothing is more important than keeping the fast ... so I kept it ... also this year I'm going to be 13 in august and I'm going to keep it and on the 20 July Wen it starts I have my last day of school and as I said nothing is more important so I'll keep it !
guys just because of 1 event .. it doesn't mean don't keep it so just learn from what I told you 😉

I hope I taught you something valuable and I hope what I told you is good and true as I am only 12,
I might not have as much knowledge ...
have a good Night ...
Ameen !
~~~. Aqsa .~~~

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mayabegum thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
thank you so much for sharing this! ive learnt so many things, May Allah bless you and your family..Ameen :) Edited by mayabegum - 11 years ago
xsumi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
res

nice post mashallah ...i just love ramadaan ..allah is just sooo merciful 
and the best part of ramdaan is that Allah does not punish noone in the grave  for a month cause of ramdaan [:)
RAMDAAN IS THE BEST MONTH FROM ALL MONTHES 😊

thansk for this post ...really loved it

and a early RAMDAAN MUBARAK TO U ALL 🤗
Edited by xsumi - 11 years ago
BS.KSG_Dewani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
thanks so much dear for sharing...it's really good that this place gives leasons of Ramadan importance also...n ur simply great...superb post n valuable things u've mentioned...need for all to learn...thanks again for PM me  
ExquisiteSanz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Mashalllaaah ur onli 12 and uve done all tht u should be soo proud and ur parents may Allah bless you and your family with all the hapiness in the world mashalllah keep up the good work
Broken.Angel thumbnail
Thanxx for sharing...😃 

cant wait for ramadhan!!(my favvv month!)
-FarwiiDobaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Thank you so much. that was really sweet of you to share :)

May Allah bless you along with your family <3

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the post sweetie...🤗

You should be commended for your effort and that too at only 12...Masha'Allah 😛
BarunSanayaHM thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Thank you so much for sharing
Mariam.Ejaz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
thank you so much for sharing this! ive learnt so many things, May Allah bless you and your family..Ameen :)