Created by Jenny

ssroomani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

This article came in the MetroLife supplement of Deccan Herald today!   ðŸ˜Š

'I have lovely memories of Bangalore'

Megha Shenoy, Aug 6, 2012, DHNS :

Flying High

There are very few actresses who are willing to take risks early in their career. But, Yami Gautam is one of them. 

Taking up a movie like 'Vicky Donor', which is based on sperm donation, was not a subject any actress would be willing to experiment with. For Yami, though, it proved to be the jackpot debut when the movie became an instant hit. 

"You know what they say: higher the risk, higher the profit," beams the actress, who was in the City recently for 'Blenders Pride Bangalore Fashion Week'.

And ever since the movie was declared a hit, her world has taken a 360-degree turn, with everyone wanting a piece of her. The feeling is still sinking in for Yami.

"Almost everything you do is put under the scanner suddenly. I really started respecting all the stars even more. 

I don't know how they handle all this constant attention. But with all this attention comes added responsibility. More importantly, one has to remain grounded and not get carried away by the fame," she says.

Considering the journey till now has not been a cake walk for her, it's evident that Yami has a good head on her shoulders. Having dabbled with modelling, television and even few regional movies, Yami says that the pressure is surely on for her next venture. 

"After 'Vicky Donor', a lot has changed and I really need to think twice before signing anything. It's not like every movie I do will be a guaranteed hit. For me, the script and the director is very important," she reveals. 

Currently, Yami is working in 'Gouravam', a Prakash Raj production. Based on honour killing, the movie is being made in Tamil and Telugu simultaneously. 
Yami has worked in regional movies before, and doesn't consider them to be below Bollywood in any way.

"I feel most regional film industries are in no way beneath Bollywood. Their way of working and the talent they have is tremendous. 

In fact, I am content with the kind of work I am doing here and the here people have been very kind in accepting me," says Yami, who is playing a lawyer in the film.

After Ullasa Utsaha, Yami has not been seen in Sandalwood. Ask her about it and she says, "I have some lovely memories of Bangalore, shooting for that movie. But after that, no script has really appealed to me. 

I am waiting for a really good story line and I would definitely want to work here again," she sums up. 

ðŸ˜ƒ   She was in Bangalore for the event.  ðŸ˜Š

--Ratna-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Shobs   ðŸ¤—...thanks for sharing the article...yes she was in Bangalore for the last day of the fashion week...i was thinking of asking u and Neelu if u saw her pics in the local publications...wish we find more pics ðŸ˜Š

Neeba thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wow...I love these new pics, Ratna ma...Thanks once again for your efforts...
Thinker_Belle thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Lovely Lovely!!

Thanks Ma and Saasuma 🤗

Thanks Aysha for the siggies!! 🤗

Yaaamyyy!!!  She looks beautifuler and beautifuler!
fj08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
is she working on another movie with her donor co star? i wasnt sure...

i also tried finding more pics of her at the fashion show, saw just the one which was from far... shout if anyone finds those pics

as always tfs
Neeba thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Ratna--

I know we all have seen this...but just wanted to post it..

...olden golden days ðŸ˜Š

Thanks a lot for posting this one...Sach mein...Purane yaad taaza ho gaye...😊🤗...Thanks a lot once again...
Edited by Neeba - 11 years ago
-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Ayushmann Khurrana, Yami of VICKY DONOR bag Gold Awards

By IBNS, Glamsham Editorial

The 5th Boroplus Gold Awards on Zee TV has not only honoured the most deserving candidates of the television industry this year, but also those who forayed into the silver screen from television and proved their mettle.

VJ and anchor Ayushmann Khurrana and model-turned-actor Yami Gautam were awarded for the success of their first film together VICKY DONOR.

The movie was one of the highest grossers this year and was highly lauded for its unique concept, interesting narrative, catchy music and the acting prowess of charming duo.

Both Ayushmann and Yami were ecstatic about receiving their first awards this year in the category of 'Rising Filmstars' at the 5th Boroplus Gold Awards.

The awards were presented to them by actors Ayub Khan and Anup Soni.

Said a delighted Ayushmann, "This is my first award after VICKY DONOR. It feels great to be acknowledged by Zee TV and Gold Awards for our work. I thank the entire TV fraternity for giving us breaks that helped us get noticed by Bollywood. I also thank my wife, Tiara, who is my biggest critic and was sure that I could never act."

Yami said: "I thank the entire television industry for this honor. The journey has been great and I truly feel blessed."

Host Manish Paul who ragged Yami by calling her yummy did not allow the actors to leave the stage without l'il bit of hip shaking.

Both Ayushmann and Yami were sporting enough to shake a leg on their chartbusting number 'Rum Rum Rum Rum..Whiskey'.

The award function will be aired on Zee TV on August 18.

--Ratna-- thumbnail
Aysha  ðŸ¤—...thanks for sharing...found another article with the same matter and a  pic of Yami and Ayushmann dancing  ...waiting for the telecast ðŸ˜Š

http://www.newkerala.com/news/newsplus/worldnews-64830.html#.UCYQXZ3N9Bo 

One more with a different pic ...

One more with a different content...

Ayushman, Yami bag award for 'Vicky Donor'
Posted by News Desk on 2012-08-10 18:24:34 

The 5th Boroplus Gold Awards on Zee TV has decided to honour not only the most deserving candidates of the television industry this year, but also those who forayed into the silver screen from television and proved their mettle.

VJ and anchor Ayushman Khurana and model-turned-actor Yami Gautam were awarded for the success of their first film together 'Vicky Donor'.

The movie was one of the highest grossers this year and was highly lauded for its unique concept, interesting narrative, catchy music and the acting prowess of charming duo.

Bigger pic ...

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=57940

Edited by --Ratna-- - 11 years ago
--Ratna-- thumbnail
The article is really big...just posting the part about Yami...giving the link for those who are interested ðŸ˜Š

Can today's TV stars re-write history & become movie stars??
Posted by Avinash on 2012-08-11 13:08:41 

The charming TV star and model Yami Gautam too after her role in this film can be assured of one thing for sure ' Yeh Pyar Na Honge Kum!  A graceful and pretty presence, Gautam straightaway confessed that aspiration and desperation ' for her ' was the difference between these two mediums and she clearly belonged to the former category! "I have been receiving a number of offers from movies for some time now, but except a couple, I declined most of them, because the content and substance didn't appeal to me.  I was very happy to wait and as they say ' patience pays!"  She admits to have been a great admirer of Shoojit's material ' Yahaan and ad films ' and was thrilled to have been sought out for the role in VD.  "I love the way he approaches his craft, beautifully blending professionalism and humanism and his eye for detail and nuance is awesome.  He was a joy to work with as was the overall experience.  Yes, I've been getting my share of attention too.  Lets see what the future has in store.  One thing however is clear for me:  Content has to drive my being a part of any film ' nothing else!"

Edited by --Ratna-- - 11 years ago