Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Till not too long ago, big banner launches and high profile publicity events were mostly reserved for the debut
of starkids, while most non-filmi newcomers
made a comparatively quieter entry in
Bollywood. However, all that seems to
be gradually changing. Insiders
vouch that filmmakers are now
giving the same treatment to the
non filmi kids as they would to
their  filmi counterparts. In
fact, trade analysts insist that
the newcomers have never
had it so good as they are
being backed by some of
the biggest banners in showbiz.
Take a look:
Actor Sushant
Singh Rajput is being
launched in Abhishek
Kapoor's Kai Poche in a
big way, and there's
buzz of him having
bagged PK with Aamir
Khan too. Instead of
casting someone from
their camps, as they usually do, the Bhatts are
launching two new faces
in  Aashiqui 2, while
producer Bhushan
Kumar, head honcho
of T-Series, is launching new faces with his
wife Divya Kumar's directorial debut  Yaariaan.  Farhan Akhtar's
upcoming Fukhrey stars one-film-old Pulkit Samrat,
who is apparently being completely groomed like a
starkid for his role. Alongwith launching two filmi
bachchas in Student of The Year, filmmaker Karan Johar is also launching a non-film family kid Siddharth
Malhotra, who reportedly  has already  been signed for
a two-film deal by producer Ekta Kapoor. Producer-actor Preity Zinta too will have a non-starkid Rehan
Malleick star opposite her in Ishkq in Paris. Filmmaker Vipul Shah too has cast one-film old Vidyut Jamwal
as the lead in his next.
Trade analysts point out that the success of a film
like John Abraham's maiden production Vicky Donor
that starred rank newcomers ' Ayushman Khurana
and Yami Gautam ' has spurred filmmakers to look
outside of established star names or starkids. "Today
it's all about content. Stars as well as starkids to some
extent come with a lot of baggage of expectations,
while in comparison these non-filmi kids come in
with no pressure of that sort. And in times when content is the king, it's ultimately about how well you act
on screen and nothing to do with your background at
all," says trade analyst Komal Nahta.
Trade insiders add that newbies with come in with
no Godfathers are getting a fair chance just like the
starkids. Newbie Siddharth Malhotra says,
"The fact that Varun and Alia (co-stars Varun
Dhawan and Alia Bhatt) come from film families, while I don't made absolutely no difference. The screen
treats you all in the same light,
and so do your audience. Karan
(Johar) never let me feel any
different either." KJo in fact reveals that he may be planning
to launch many more new faces
each year.
Trade analyst Bharti Pradhan attributes the change to the
fact that big banners are looking
at making films of all budgets and
not all  them need stars. Explains
Bhushan, "The industry will grow
only when we encourage and hone
new talent." 
Edited by Armu4eva - 11 years ago
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Thank God that film makers are looking outside Star kids now .Sushant is a very talented boy and he deserves to be given a break by good film makers
Jaishankar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the article dear..
Glad to see that the star kids syndrome is getting broken and new brilliance like Sush are getting their due recognition needed. 
There is a huge uproar everywhere ,everyone is talking about Sush - KPC,PK , twitter world is getting taken over by Sushant singh Rajput name..Wow everywhere Sush is mentioned now a days..This is just a beginning folks just a beginning ,boy next year is going to be rockinn for Sushita ๐Ÿ˜ƒ and for us..KPC + Sushita marriage -> what a treat we all are in dears ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜‰
stefanandre thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Armu4eva for sharing๐Ÿค—

so great to hear Sushant being talked about, way to go Sushant๐Ÿ‘; now waiting for your movie(s)
Armu4eva thumbnail

Im just realising my potential 

TV actor Sushant Singh Rajput on his breakthrough into mainstream Bollywood 

Seema Sinha 

Sushant Singh Rajput quit acting in TV serials to make a foray into films and the 26-year-old is now set to essay one of the main characters in Abhishek Kapoors Kai Po Che adapted from Chetan Bhagats book The 3 Mistakes Of My Life.Excerpts from an interview with the debutant... 

How did you bag the film 

I went through a series of auditions.The production house and my director Abhishek believed that I could pull off the character who has to look extremely fit.I play a sportsman in the film.

Was Bollywood always on your mind 

I had no ambition as such.In fact,I am just realising my potential.I was the all-India topper in the engineering entrance exam but dropped out to train myself to do what I wanted to.Even if I hadnt got work,Id have been happy to open a canteen in the Film City premises and make short films.

Are you passionate about sports 

Yes,I like golf,tennis and cricket.My sister was a professional cricketer and now with this film I have started enjoying the sport more.

The film is based on T h e 3 Mistakes Of My Life... what are the three mistakes you have made in your life so far 

The first mistake was dropping out of one of the most prestigious engineering colleges.Looking back at that decision,it seems very risky.The second mistake was quitting theatre,TV and professional dancing while at my peak (again,very risky).The third mistake is that I am making the same mistake to pursue my passion.

There has been speculation about you playing the second lead with Aamir Khan in P.K.

Id prefer not to comment on this right now.Raju Hirani is an extraordinary director and I would give my arm and leg to act in his film.Doing a film with Aamir would be a double whammy.Lets wait and watch.

Sushant Singh Rajput and (right) in the film 

Bombay Times [Next]

stefanandre thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks armu4eva๐Ÿค—

he is looking so awesome
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks . Good interview .Now every day we are getting news about Sushant ๐Ÿ˜Š
Jaishankar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Armu4eva

Im just realising my potential 

Seema Sinha 

Sushant Singh Rajput quit acting in TV serials to make a foray into films and the 26-year-old is now set to essay one of the main characters in Abhishek Kapoors Kai Po Che adapted from Chetan Bhagats book The 3 Mistakes Of My Life.Excerpts from an interview with the debutant... 

How did you bag the film 

I went through a series of auditions.The production house and my director Abhishek believed that I could pull off the character who has to look extremely fit.I play a sportsman in the film.

Was Bollywood always on your mind 

I had no ambition as such.In fact,I am just realising my potential.I was the all-India topper in the engineering entrance exam but dropped out to train myself to do what I wanted to.Even if I hadnt got work,Id have been happy to open a canteen in the Film City premises and make short films.

Are you passionate about sports 

Yes,I like golf,tennis and cricket.My sister was a professional cricketer and now with this film I have started enjoying the sport more.

The film is based on T h e 3 Mistakes Of My Life... what are the three mistakes you have made in your life so far 

The first mistake was dropping out of one of the most prestigious engineering colleges.Looking back at that decision,it seems very risky.The second mistake was quitting theatre,TV and professional dancing while at my peak (again,very risky).The third mistake is that I am making the same mistake to pursue my passion.

There has been speculation about you playing the second lead with Aamir Khan in P.K.

Id prefer not to comment on this right now.Raju Hirani is an extraordinary director and I would give my arm and leg to act in his film.Doing a film with Aamir would be a double whammy.Lets wait and watch.

Bombay Times [Next]

Thanks dear for the article ๐Ÿ˜ŠLoved the interview especially the answers in red..The guy is so amazing..The best part is he is fully aware of what he is doing and also analysis the pros and cons of the situation well before taking the risk.He takes risk knowing what the risk is in reality which a very good trait.
This guy is going a long long long way..Sush you rock buddy ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
And boy I can understand what it takes clearing AIEEE engineering entrance. I almost took a re-birth clearing it ๐Ÿ˜† ,even slept in the exam hall too for almost 5 minutes unitl the examiner was kind of enough to wake me up ๐Ÿ˜†
So proud of Sush..A engineer - engineer connection ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by Jaishankar - 11 years ago
suan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Tanu,
Thanks sooo much for the article and especially the first pic.
..Sonii.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

I'm just realising my potential

Seema Sinha

Sushant Singh Rajput quit acting in TV serials to make a foray into films and the 26-year-old is now set to essay one of the main characters in Abhishek Kapoor's Kai Po Che adapted from Chetan Bhagat's book The 3 Mistakes Of My Life. Excerpts from an interview with the debutant...
How did you bag the film?
I went through a series of auditions. The production house and my director Abhishek believed that I could pull off the character who has to look extremely fit. I play a sportsman in the film.
Was Bollywood always on your mind?

I had no
ambition as such. In fact, I
am just realising my potential. I was the all-India topper in the engineering entrance exam but dropped out to train myself to do what I wanted to. Even if I hadn't got work, I'd have been happy to open a canteen in the Film City premises and make
short films.
Are you passionate about sports?
Yes, I like golf, tennis and cricket. My sister was a professional
cricketer and now with this film I have started enjoying the sport more.
The film is based on T h e 3 Mistakes Of My Life... what are the three mistakes you have made in your life so far?
The first mistake was dropping out of one of the most prestigious engineering colleges. Looking back at that decision, it seems very risky. The second mistake was quitting theatre, TV and professional dancing while at my peak (again, very risky). The third mistake is that I am making the same mistake to pursue my passion.
I'd prefer not to comment on this right now. Raju Hirani is an extraordinary director and I would give my arm and leg to act in his film. Doing a film with Aamir would be a double whammy. Let's wait and watchโ€ฆ.