Saif Ali Khan Is The Perfect Choice: Milan Luthria

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

The wait is finally over — Saif Ali Khan has been confirmed as the main lead of Milan Luthria's mega film project! The leading lady of the film is still under wraps but the makers promise that it is a very strong and challenging role and that she will be one of the top five heroines of the industry.

Jointly produced by Bhushan Kumar and Milan Luthria, the film is slated to be a wholesome entertainer with a strong romantic angle, appealing to all types of audiences.

Directed by Milan Luthria, who has had a fantastic run recently with the success of 'Once Upon A Time In Mumbai' and 'The Dirty Picture', the film will be a character-driven story and an interesting mix of comedy, action, drama and romance — and even a superhero! Says Bhushan Kumar, "After 'Ready', my next film will be directed by Milan Luthria.

As 'Ready' did 100 crore-plus business, we will continue to dabble in film production in a big way. We do not wish to make multiple films but would rather do a few good projects. No run-of-the-mill stuff for us. Milan's film is a family entertainer. We wanted someone who could make people laugh and Saif is perfect."

Milan who is riding high on the success of two back-to-back super hits is excited about the film. Quiz him on the superhero angle and Milan is quick to revert, 'There are many superhero films out there but this isn't one of them. Ours is a 'masala' entertainer with a twist. Saif and I had always been talking about reuniting for another film after Kachche Dhaage but somehow, nothing materialised.

This time, he was shooting in Istanbul while I was in Prague. We were speaking to each other over the phone when he reminded me of doing another film, which is when I narrated a plot to him. The character fit him to the T.

He was very thrilled about it and agreed to do the film over the phone itself. It was instinctive for both of us and I'm sure the outcome will be something to watch out for."

Saif is also excited about the project, saying, "I am very happy to be working with Milan again. I would like to associate with his kind of cinema. It will be exciting to work with Bhushan. Though we interacted for the music of 'Agent Vinod', we will be working together as producer and actor for the first time. I want to associate with very commercial, different and yet sensible cinema. Bhushan is a very successful producer and makes his films grand and larger than- life. It's important to choose a subject and make it with the right people. That's what has happened to this film."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlackStar. thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

The leading lady of the film is still under wraps but the makers promise that it is a very strong and challenging role and that she will be one of the top five heroines of the industry.

Kareena
Katrina
Vidya
Priyanka
Deepika

Top Five Heroines For The Industry Today? 
-Anjaani- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
I think it's Vidya, Saif chemistry with her is awesome. 
BlackStar. thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Anjaani-

I think it's Vidya, Saif chemistry with her is awesome. 

Most Probably.. Also because of all the acclaim she's been getting for TDP and Kahaani.. Plus both were hits, so he may just cast her..
I don't mind.. They made such a beautiful pair in Parineeta 😳
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Eeek, go Saifu, go Saifu, go Saifu!

I think it could be a tossup between Vidya, Kat, and Priyanka.

-Anjaani- thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

Most Probably.. Also because of all the acclaim she's been getting for TDP and Kahaani.. Plus both were hits, so he may just cast her..
I don't mind.. They made such a beautiful pair in Parineeta 😳

Yes they did in Parineeta, i might be the only one i also liked them in Eklavya😳
-Anjaani- thumbnail

Originally posted by: desigal90

aww you're so cute. Eveytime i see you posts, i'm like awww she is so cute.
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
You my friend, are by far, the MOST ADORABLE member I've come across on this board 😆
BlackStar. thumbnail

Originally posted by: desigal90

Considering Teri Meri Kahaani's recent fate, I think Priyanka is out of there... 😆
Could be a toss up between Vidya or Kat though.. 
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I think it might be Vidya since she was and Milan were planing on working together again after "TDP"