sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Known as the Rishi Kapoor of the small screen, Ali Asgar (of Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki fame) first tried his hand at acting when he was 15. Since then, he has gone on to become one of the most recognised faces on the Indian television industry. His Bollywood exploits include films like Aetbaar, Shaadi No. 1, Raaz, Joru Ka Ghulam and many more.

ShaadiTimes reveals the secret behind Ali's boundless energy.

My day starts with...
I have started practicing yoga since a month. The time between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. is dedicated to yoga. Every alternate day, I brisk walk on the treadmill. I don't lift weights. I want be be fit and healthy, not muscular.

My meal routine...
My breakfast consists of cornflakes, muesli, oats and sometimes, omelette. Tea is a must. Tea is one of my regular habits. It's almost like a compulsion for me. After tea and before lunch I have fruits; mostly seasonal fruits. Lunch has to be maa ke haathon ka khaana . I can't do without her food. It's either veg or chicken, totally depending on her mood. Evenings, I snack on toast with tea. I absolutely avoid the food provided on the sets. Once in a while, if I have to, I eat a regular, vegetable sandwich. Dinner is pretty late, at around 10.30-11.00 pm.

Somethings I like, somethings I hate...
I am not all fond of international cuisines. For instance, pastas; they just don't go down my throat! I am a true Indian and I prefer everything Indian - be it food or girls (laughs). I am tandoori freak. I have cut down on mutton as I used to have lots of mutton earlier. Basically, there is a system at home wherein when we cook mutton, we keep eating mutton for 10-12 days at a stretch. Same is the case with chicken. These days, there is a veg revolution going on at home. However, there are certain vegetables that I don't like and I refuse to eat them, like, cauliflower, brinjal, capsicum.

And there are things which I love but can't have...
I have a big sweet tooth, but I had to cut down massively on sweets. I have a family history of diabetes. Infact, even when I have tea, I use the sugar-free sweeteners. My only intake of anything sweet comes from fruits. Ya, once in a while, if there is some occasion, then I have a little sweet, but a minimal quantity. I have even given up on chocolates!

My favourite food joints...
I love eating at simple joints, the food served there is amazingly tasty. Very often you will find me hanging around at Baghdadi, behind Taj Mahal hotel. It serves the yummiest tandoori dishes. The other places I like to eat at are Food Inn, Kareems and amongst five stars, I think the best food is served at The Grand Maratha.

The best cook in the world is...
My mom. No one comes close to even being second. Kisiki aukat hi nahi!

Bottomline
I am no one to give advice, but from personal experience, I can say that yoga is a must. Today, I can't live without yoga. It is the most sasta, sundar and tikau way to a healthy mind and body. Avoid sugar, if you must, go for natural sugars. Keep stress away from your life. Avoid stress, practice yoga and you can eat anything in the world. You will be able to digest every food. That is the power of yoga.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
i love his character in KGGK he is so loyal and loving to parvati yaar
sriddh thumbnail
The best cook in the world is...
My mom. No one comes close to even being second. Kisiki aukat hi nahi!

so sweet